PDA

View Full Version : Merbella Tail Waiting Time?

Mer-Crazy
06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Hey everyone! I'm super excited to enter the exciting world of being a mermaid! I'm currently awaiting the completion of my very first tail by the lovely Raven of Merbellas. And waiting I am. I suppose it's not overly important because its winter here, far too cold for an ocean swim but there are still pools I'm dying to try it out in.

I'm just curious as to how long people have waited for a Merbellas tail? I paid for mine in Febuary, expecting a 120 wait time max. Here I am 160 days later with no tail in sight. No expected completion time and tails ordered after mine being completed before mine (I've seen pictures posted on her FB page and spoken to the client).

I understand Raven is busy, and I'm not messaging her about this because I doubt it will do anything. It won't make my tail come faster and just take up her time.
PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT trying to have a go at Raven, I believe she is the best tail maker around, I'm happy to wait as long as it takes. I just want to know how long HAVE people waited for a tail from her so I can guess how much longer I can expect to keep waiting.

Ariel-Starfish
06-21-2013, 06:41 AM
I'm waiting for mine to ;) Got my order at february and had my pictures a month ago (after asking). Now i'm just waiting for my paint edit to be done and waiting when I get a message for my tail to get shipped.

Phoenix Mermaid
06-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Did you get a basic or proformance tail? The basic actually takes longer to make. I ordered mine in march. I have 25 days left on my countdown since paying and sending mesurments. I know someone (cant remember who now) waited quit awhile for her tail. 6 months i think it was because they had been working on getting the colors right.

AniaR
06-21-2013, 09:07 PM
SHe is working her ass off on orders 24/7 :) You can see reasons for an extended wait here---> https://www.facebook.com/notes/merbella-studios-inc/faq-about-wait-times-and-email-response-times/542703012452450

In your situation, I don't think it's rude or demanding at all to send a frequent email. Just be sure to send it to email, not FB message. I'd even say, it's day ___ and I was just hoping things were progressing with my tail. Any ETA for me?

That sort of deal!

Mer-Crazy
06-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys :)
@Phoenix Mermaid- It is a basic tail, but everything was paid for in full, one colour design sent and then that was it, the whole process was completed by the 15th of Jan

@Raina I did see that post, mad Raven lover right here <<< so that was the reason why I was like 'Okay, no more emails!' but if you said it would be alright. (I've read all about your history with Raven and bought a copy of your book, just wanna say, hue fan <3 You are truly an inspirational mer and are actually the reason I decided to go with Merbellas in the first place.

AniaR
06-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Yeah I'm helping out with messages, we help each other out. The frequent messaging is more people who aren't even clients messaging 50 times a day (yes it happens)

Mer-Crazy
06-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Gah! So jealous. I'd love to be able to meet/ help out/ be as close to Raven as you are. Even you yourself, you guys are like mer-celebrities.

Ariel-Starfish
06-22-2013, 03:13 AM
SHe is working her ass off on orders 24/7 :) You can see reasons for an extended wait here---> https://www.facebook.com/notes/merbella-studios-inc/faq-about-wait-times-and-email-response-times/542703012452450

In your situation, I don't think it's rude or demanding at all to send a frequent email. Just be sure to send it to email, not FB message. I'd even say, it's day ___ and I was just hoping things were progressing with my tail. Any ETA for me?

That sort of deal!

i'm always very polite and direct :) <3

Winged Mermaid
06-22-2013, 03:44 AM
186 days was my wait. I too saw tails that were ordered after mine being sent out before mine, so I know how you feel! Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles. I know I doesn't feel good seeing others get their tails first, but I can say its worth the wait! When my tail arrived I forgot all about it, I was so happy :) I hope you hear from Raven soon!

AniaR
06-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Also general trouble shooting, be sure you email her from the SAME email or it could be confusing on her end keeping customers straight. But yeah, def email her and describe the tail you ordered so she knows who is who. A few people have bene messaging her using diff emails and FB and it's tricky sorting out who is who.

Ariel-Starfish
06-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Also general trouble shooting, be sure you email her from the SAME email or it could be confusing on her end keeping customers straight. But yeah, def email her and describe the tail you ordered so she knows who is who. A few people have bene messaging her using diff emails and FB and it's tricky sorting out who is who.

I thought the kept every current costumer apart in her email system? And I really must say, the first time I emailed her(at the same email) it took er 2 months afther she respond and said She hasen't recieved an email from me over all that time 0_0 I resended that email like 50 times or so....and hearing she diden't get it? was so weird. And noow sometimes, I send a new email with another title and I get quicker responding.

AniaR
06-22-2013, 11:14 PM
she does keep them separate and starred, but many people just pick up a conversation from a totally new email address and there's no way to know who it is, especially with people jumping between their mermaid emails, and their real life emails. And yeah, remember how I said how many emails they get in the run of a day? Google will mark certain things automatically as spam. So they have to get through all the emails, and all the spam.

Ariel-Starfish
06-23-2013, 03:38 AM
she does keep them separate and starred, but many people just pick up a conversation from a totally new email address and there's no way to know who it is, especially with people jumping between their mermaid emails, and their real life emails. And yeah, remember how I said how many emails they get in the run of a day? Google will mark certain things automatically as spam. So they have to get through all the emails, and all the spam.

I always use the same email adress ;)!

Mermaid Kalliope
07-18-2013, 07:04 AM
I let her know when I switched from my main e-mail to my mermaid. I sent her an e-mail with my original address saying that I will be moving things to (blank) e-mail, then sent a follow up with that one. :-) So far, everything has worked out fine with that.

I'm currently 41 days away from my 120 day mark, but I have a complicated paint design plus all of my fins (including fluke) are custom... So, I'm really not expecting it to be done on my 120 days. :-P I don't feel bad or anything about it and I don't want her to feel bad if she does go over my 120 days. I'm really not expecting to get my tail until September possibly early October and my payment went through April 30th.

So... All in all... it'll be a bit, but it will be worth the wait. Just ask her like Ariel and Raina have said. :-D I hate e-mailing people in general, especially when I know they're busy. I just don't want to pester them. Haha Best of luck!

AniaR
07-18-2013, 12:17 PM
She is super busy right now and working 24/7 to get things done I assure you :) <3

Mer-Crazy
07-24-2013, 06:58 AM
Just hit day 192. I do believe I am going to hit 200. Going for a record woo!

Ariel-Starfish
07-24-2013, 07:13 AM
My tail gets shipped tomorrow :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: and its 174 days in total.

Ariel-Starfish
07-24-2013, 07:13 AM
Just hit day 192. I do believe I am going to hit 200. Going for a record woo!

Did you order a performance or a Basic?

Mer-Crazy
07-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Basic, mostly dark colours. White on the bottom of the fluke but that's all.

AniaR
07-24-2013, 07:44 AM
I know she's working on it. A few clients have set her back time wise but she's busting her fins. I check in everyday and get the updates. :)

Ariel-Starfish
07-24-2013, 07:49 AM
I know she's working on it. A few clients have set her back time wise but she's busting her fins. I check in everyday and get the updates. :)

Did you get my Pm Raina ? :3

Mermaid Kalliope
11-05-2013, 07:25 AM
I'm now on day 189! I, too, think I may hit 200! Whoa! That's like... A lot of days. XD And with that I should probably sleep. >>

shimmygoddess
12-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Just curious that I am counting right, do you go by the date you sent payment? :)

SeaNymph
12-30-2013, 05:16 PM
For my waiting time: from day of sending payment to getting my tail it was 9 months and 8 days. But Im so happy it got here safely some days ago, the days when the box is on the way it is the most frightening time ;-)

Jessica
12-30-2013, 05:53 PM
For my waiting time: from day of sending payment to getting my tail it was 9 months and 8 days. But Im so happy it got here safely some days ago, the days when the box is on the way it is the most frightening time ;-)

Do you have pictures of your tail?! We would all love to see it!

Mermaid Kalliope
12-30-2013, 07:39 PM
From the date I paid to it arriving: 244 days.

Until I get to open it: 248ish... gotta wait till I get to North Carolina! XD I can't waaaaaaaaaaait~ Yay!

Sirena The Coral Reef Koi
01-13-2014, 07:56 PM
I've been waiting 159 days now :) getting excited!

Mer-Crazy
01-17-2014, 01:35 AM
Mine ended up being 225... I think, 230 maybe. I had the exact number down somewhere. But yeah, it's usually day of payment to day of completion. I don't count the days after that.

shimmygoddess
02-04-2014, 11:19 PM
I've been waiting 159 days now :) getting excited!

me too..I am on day 173 :)

Mermaid Isabel(:
02-04-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm on 219! :) any time now...lol I can't wait. :)

Asaya Midnight Mermaid
02-15-2014, 07:55 AM
I placed my order basic tail and payed in aug 2012 but due to an accident casts on my leg and what not i could not give my measurements till may 2013 im now on 285 days and counting im really looking forward to getting my tail or even just some picky's on how its progressing. ive sent emails to raven inquiring on an eta raven said back in aug 2013 that she was working on the basic tails the last reply i got was back in November, i understand Raven is very busy and im not being rude or an awkward customer in any way i think the work she dose is fintastic and is the best tail maker around by far hence why i brought merbella's :) can any one give any advice or an update on how things are going that would be fantastic thanks :)

AniaR
02-15-2014, 10:01 AM
If you haven't emailed since November I think it won't hurt to email now :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

shimmygoddess
02-26-2014, 05:24 PM
Anyone here any news yet? I am so anxious and excited.. Day 195 now :)

AniaR
02-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Last I checked Shes in her cave pulling all nighters I'm sure you'll hear soon. :)

shimmygoddess
04-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Any idea on how long (approx) it takes to complete and ship from the time you first see pics?

Mermaid Isabel(:
04-09-2014, 04:22 AM
I just looked at Mermaid Namiko's timeline and she first got a picture on 3/13/14 and yesterday she was told it should ship out Friday. I don't think there's an "approximate" time because it all depends on what she's doing what gigs she has and the weather.

AniaR
04-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Weather was a big issue this time around too much rain :(

shimmygoddess
04-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks everyone. I have heard from her, saw pics, and am confident I will get it in time for a gig. Raven Rocks!!

ShyMer
04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Is it the humidity causing problems for her? I guess I'm wondering if she's tried a dehumidifier in her work space.

AniaR
04-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Can't be helped when it is pouring rain. She's never not working but certain things can't be done when it pours

themnmermaid
04-10-2014, 03:57 PM
I ordered my basic tail a year & almost 3 months ago (this was after colors were talked about & I paid for my tail) now. I've gotten two updates since then & the last one was about a month ago. I totally understand Raven is terribly busy & basics take longer than performance. What she makes is art & that takes time but I have had to turn away several clients because I don't have my tail yet. Like others have said I am not angry because I know things take time & Raven is super talented & fantastic I just am not sure why its taking this long...

AniaR
04-10-2014, 04:03 PM
I've been posting every time there is a delay and why in her thread lol

themnmermaid
04-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Thank you I just found it! I'm kinda knew to this whole forum thing. Lol. My personal email was hacked into a few days ago & they changed the password so I have lost everything in it. I have been using the same email since I ordered my tail & now that's gone. I shot her a message from my business email with my name/tail description to let her know.

AniaR
04-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Good idea :)

Mermaid Evolet
04-14-2014, 07:28 AM
On sunday I hit day 90. a few more month ;-)
The funny thing is that (of cause) I'm excited, but i thought the waiting would be worse...

AniaR
04-14-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm not even keeping track lol I paid in Feb I'm expecting a tail late July if all goes on schedule

Mermaid Evolet
04-14-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm not even keeping track lol I paid in Feb I'm expecting a tail late July if all goes on schedule

haha is it weird that i'm even more excited to see pics of your tail than of mine?
mhmm maybe bc i know how mine will look like.. :-D

you didn't even say what color, am i right? or did i miss it?

AniaR
04-14-2014, 01:33 PM
I don't know what mine will look like I told raven to decide it all lol. She shared some ideas so I have a vague concept lol

Mermaid Wesley
04-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Ooh how exciting! I would never have the guts to leave it all up to someone else, but it would be cool to be surprised. I suppose since you have a nice tail already it's a little less nerve wracking, but how can you handle it?! Lol

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk

shimmygoddess
04-14-2014, 01:39 PM
I am at Day 242 and so close. It is def harder at the end once you have seen pics. LOL

themnmermaid
04-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Yes it is! :P

AniaR
04-27-2014, 09:15 PM
shimmy has her tail now I believe ;)

annika
06-02-2014, 12:44 AM
I just ordered my tail from raven and she said it would be a 300 day wait ��

AniaR
06-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Well she's pretty bogged down and gets a lot of complaints when she tells people its estimated at 150 days and they don't understand its an estimate. Better to just tell yah it'll be a long wait.

I'm at day 122 and I know she hasn't started mine. I haven't done measurements either. I fully expect it to take longer than 150 days because I personally know she can't work any harder or faster.

Thems the breaks!

annika
06-02-2014, 05:53 AM
I know I hav to be patient but ugh. It's hard when your waiting for something that good

AniaR
06-02-2014, 11:05 AM
it sure is

shimmygoddess
06-02-2014, 12:20 PM
shimmy has her tail now I believe ;)

Yes, I got mine end of April (252 days) :)

annika
06-04-2014, 08:52 PM
How long was everybody's wait time ?

AniaR
06-04-2014, 09:28 PM
My first one was a year

Winged Mermaid
06-04-2014, 09:31 PM
It just varies. If you want to know look back through the Merbellas Thread (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?3783-Merbellas-Thread) ;) Here's a quick way to scan what people said their wait times were- google search (https://www.google.com/search?q=wait+days+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fmernetwork. com%2Findex%2Fshowthread.php%3F3783-Merbellas-Thread&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=%22merbella%22+wait+%22days%22+%22months%22+site :http:%2F%2Fmernetwork.com%2Findex%2Fshowthread.ph p%3F3783&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&safe=off). Late 2012 she quoted me 60-90 days, then early last year it changed to 90-120 days. Now I think it's 120-250? But those are just estimates. Some people waited 9 months or more I believe.

themnmermaid
06-14-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm on day 478... :P

AniaR
06-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Wow what really???

themnmermaid
06-14-2014, 08:25 PM
Yep, I ordered my tail (colors discussed, measurements sent, paid for my tail) February of 2013 & I'm still anxiously waiting...

MerEmma
06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Wow. When's the last time you contacted her??

themnmermaid
06-14-2014, 08:53 PM
The last time I heard from her was about two months ago & I havent email her since then because I know she's busy. I have been checking my email everyday since I placed my order... Oh my gosh! You mers are good luck or something! I just checked it for the first time today & she's ready to ship my tail!!! AHH!!!!!!! xD

AniaR
06-14-2014, 09:33 PM
wow well you're certainly ahead of me. wow! you beat my record Im sure hahaha! I'm only at day 132. lol but my previous record for my splash tail >.>

I dont think it would hurt to check it even to just say, hey just checking in. lol I do know she's crazy busy though we chatted briefly today. good luck. wowza!

themnmermaid
07-20-2014, 06:46 PM
It will be a year and a half tomorrow since I ordered my tail, the last time I heard from Raven was about a month ago. Has anyone else waited this long? What should I do?

AniaR
07-20-2014, 06:48 PM
I haven't heard from Raven in several weeks but I know she was working on your tail!!! Hopefully neither of us have to wait too long :)

themnmermaid
07-20-2014, 06:56 PM
I just read your post in the other thread! So excited!!!

Merman Arion
07-20-2014, 06:58 PM
A year and a half... :jawdrop::biting nails:

Not even Eric did that long although I remember an ancient member - back from the archives of 2012 - who waited close to a year for his mertailor tail.

I could never wait that long.
5 months with Finfolk was already tough so I admire the patience of everyone who wait after 6 months and more.

AniaR
07-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Im at day 168 but the thing is I know when even *I* don't hear from Raven, she is crazy busy. Themnmermaid, is yours a basic or a performance?

themnmermaid
07-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Its a basic - which she has painted twice. She sent me a set of pics then a month later sent me a second set because she thought the first wasn't good enough so she redid it. She's such a sweetheart that way but you guys already know that. As of right now (I'm keeping this from the general public but I feel safe sharing it with you mers) this is what my freshwater fins look like... 22740

AniaR
07-21-2014, 05:38 PM
It looks stunning. I know the basics present a lot of problems the performance don't and take a long time which is why she's taking a break from making them (not that it should take that long, I'm not sure the particular delays for that one but it's entirely possible it was because she had many basic orders before it and they all just take forever to make). And often when Raven is really late for a mer she tried to do extra stuff to make up for it. I think in your situation it doesnt hurt to send a gentle reminder/checking in. It's been a year and half so yeah, go for it. lol when I speak with her next I'll mention it

I haven't seen her post or speak anywhere since July 11th. That usually only happens when she's super busy, or super sick!!! I did send her a few messages just to check to be sure she's okay.

themnmermaid
07-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the advice! I hope she isn't sick! And working herself to death isn't good either! :( Yes she has already told me she will be sending extra goodies with my tail. I'm just sooo exicited to show off her work I can hardly stand it...

Mermaid Evolet
07-21-2014, 11:02 PM
wow thats the most realistic looking tail i have ever seen! *_*
i hope you get it soon! i cant wait to see it in the water!!

also today is day 190 for me =D

annika
09-01-2014, 09:37 AM
It's day 98 for me! Very excited!!!!!!!!

Mermaid Evolet
09-01-2014, 10:21 AM
today is day 231 of my waiting time, but my tail got shipped last monday... anyday now. *_*
i'm so excited.
i don't think that i gonna hit the 240 day mark.

@annika i cant wait to see your tail! are you going to give us a little sneak peek maybe? ;-)

annika
09-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Once I figure out how to post photos I can show you. But it is mostly blue/pearl. Does anyone know how?

Vicky Mermaid
09-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Day 98? I tought you ordered at the end of Februari?

I am at day 100 today. Getting more and more excited :)

AniaR
09-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Just hit day 212. (ordered feb 2nd) I know Raven is super busy trying to make up for when she was sick and she just did her final rush orders that she accepted. And I know this week she's working on a complicated order. We were chatting yesterday. Mine isn't started but she's pretty confident that because of the design she came up with and I likely wont need any changes, that she'll be able to make it super fast. :)

I am so hopeful for her that once she's all caught up she'll be able to set herself good limits and an easier time frame. It's just hard to think that far ahead when she's still got so much in front of her. But when we skype I see what she does, and I'm fairly confident I've seen almost every silicone tail maker's work on the market, and I know hers are worth the wait. She never disappoints me!

Last night I had an awful dream that I got my new tail though and it was stolen ahhh

Good thing I have my rapidash and even if I was stuck I could probably wiggle into my other mermaid creations tail if I needed to just to get through til my new one is done. Still can't decide between flareon or vulpix for a name. Or maybe something else..

annika
09-02-2014, 12:45 PM
No I ordered in the beginning of June and I haven't heard from raven since, even though I have been trying to contact her for two weeks. :( but I know it's worth it.

Mermaid Evolet
09-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Still can't decide between flareon or vulpix for a name. Or maybe something else..

I really like vulpix its one of my favourits =) Maybe you find a pokemon with the same colors like your new tail?
Also I think I'll name mine "Hydropi" its german for mudkip because it has the same colors ^_^

Mermaid Isabel(:
09-02-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm on day 429 I ordered last July. You won't hear much from Raven until it's time for your tail to be made Annika I know it's hard but patience is the only thing that will keep you same haha. I like Vulpix as well Raina but if your tail is orange then flareon would be good because it reminds me of flames. I love Hydropi Mermaid Evolet! When are you going to show pictures?!

Mermaid Evolet
09-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I love Hydropi Mermaid Evolet! When are you going to show pictures?!

I really want to show you photos, but sadly I dont have any watermarked ones from raven :-(
So the first pictures will be the ones when it arrives (it should be this week) ;-)

Mermaid Isabel(:
09-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Sane* whoops lol

Mermaid Isabel(:
09-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I really want to show you photos, but sadly I dont have any watermarked ones from raven :-(
So the first pictures will be the ones when it arrives (it should be this week) ;-)

I'm excited to see! I'm sure it will be beautiful :)

annika
09-02-2014, 02:01 PM
What kind of tail do you have mermaid Evolet? And wow that's a long time to wait geez!

AniaR
09-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Isabel is yours a basic? (I feel like we've had this convo before, sorry if I already asked and forgot) I know there were a few from last year that were late >.> sorry you had to wait so long I'm sure you'll get it soon! :D

Mermaid Isabel(:
09-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Isabel is yours a basic? (I feel like we've had this convo before, sorry if I already asked and forgot) I know there were a few from last year that were late >.> sorry you had to wait so long I'm sure you'll get it soon! :D

It's ok there's lots of mers on the forum very easy to forget! Haha no mine is a performance tail so it's 100% silicone. Thanks I hope I get it soon! I want to at least take pictures before the cold weather hits so I can work on my website and advertising techniques over the winter :)

Mermaid Evolet
09-02-2014, 03:00 PM
What kind of tail do you have mermaid Evolet?

I also have a performance tail (with the merbella fluke) :-)

AniaR
09-02-2014, 03:34 PM
oooh performance. I wonder why yours got pushed back so long. Be sure to check in with her and let her know how long you've been waiting if you havent already!

Mermaid Isabel(:
09-02-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure :-/ I know when the computer crash happened my order was lost for a bit. I'll make sure to email her I just didn't want to be a nuisance thank you Raina!

AniaR
09-02-2014, 04:22 PM
I think it's okay to email every once in a while it's really only a problem when people email constantly for updates long before the tail is supposed to to start, or when people who arent a current client go nuts. I used to help her with her messages and emails and 90% of them do NOT need to be there. But I think one like yours is fine :p it's been over a year!

Vicky Mermaid
09-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Let hope that next summer all of us will be happy swimming in their tails. Can't wait! haven't been swimming since the Lymphoma

annika
09-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Has any one been in contact with raven in the last week or two? I haven't seen her post anything to her FB or Instagram and she hasn't answered the email I sent her from two weeks ago asking how my tail is going I'm on day 104 and this is the first email I've sent her since I ordered. Just wondering if anyone knew if she was traveling , sick, ect. Just wanted to make sure she didn't drop off the face of the earth. :)

Mermaid Evolet
09-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Has any one been in contact with raven in the last week or two? I haven't seen her post anything to her FB or Instagram and she hasn't answered the email I sent her from two weeks ago asking how my tail is going I'm on day 104 and this is the first email I've sent her since I ordered. Just wondering if anyone knew if she was traveling , sick, ect. Just wanted to make sure she didn't drop off the face of the earth. :)

Yeah I got an email two weeks ago.

But you wont hear from her till she is nearly finished with your tail. and you are "only" on day 104. she probably hasn't even started on your tail yet. I got my first pictures on day 190 something.
I know its tough but please be patient with her and let her email you when its time :)

AniaR
09-06-2014, 11:22 AM
yeah I'm probably around the 220ish mark and I know for a fact mine hasnt been started. There are orders in front of ours, and then there are clients who send stuff back in under warranty that she is obligated to fit in, and then she had the last of the rush orders she accepted which, well, pay to get bumped to the front of the line ;)

Mer-Crazy
09-07-2014, 04:17 AM
I'm trying to be super patient. My last message from her was on the 15th of August, saying she was still drawing up sketches for me so I've just been quietly waiting, since you can't rush art haha, I kind of just hope that my place isn't affected by me waiting for the sketches. But either way I'm just happy to be in line somewhere haha.

Mermaid Isabel(:
09-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Ahhhh Raven is finishing up my tail and will be shipping next week hopefully, so very happy! :)

Mermaid Isabel(:
09-07-2014, 04:30 AM
Once my tail is shipped that's one more tail down and one step closer to everyone getting their tails :)

Arella
09-07-2014, 06:24 AM
I'm waiting on sketches too I wouldn't worry about it :)

annika
09-10-2014, 04:29 PM
I just got an update from her that my tail had been started and is almost ready for painting!!!!! Yah

Mermaid Evolet
09-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Just for those who are curios: my waiting time was 249 days. means something over 9 month :)

AniaR
09-22-2014, 02:25 PM
I've been waiting around that time too, just hit 9 months. But I'm cool with it :) I know she'll make me something amazing woot woot

Ariel-Starfish
09-28-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm practicly not shure where I am in line; at the end or on a spot in January, don't know. :p

Venessa Louisiana Mermaid
11-18-2014, 11:21 PM
Hi there! When Merbella posted that they had a spot open for a tail order recently, I jumped on the chance....I've wanted one for a while! I have paid IN FULL with a rush order fee which guarantees my tail to be made in 60-90 days according to the email agreement. But now I've read this thread and I am worried! Especially since I've emailed Raven several times in the last week and have not heard back from her. I do not want to be a pestering customer, but I am a business owner myself. And when someone invests that much money with you, it is good practice to at least shoot a quick email back saying "hey, got your email....busy and will get back with you asap." Because now I am stressing that I haven't heard back after submitting several questions and tail color info sheet. anyway...I see you guys say that she is busy and will get to you when she gets to you, I suppose. Not sure if I am reassured by that or not.

Her work is freaking amazing though....I'm impatient because I want it right now!!! LOL

AniaR
11-18-2014, 11:42 PM
if you paid the rush fee, then you get it rushed. people here didn't. But even while paying a rush fee, she starts your tail when she starts it :)

Phoenix Mermaid
11-19-2014, 02:25 AM
Yea, don't worry. I sent my tail back for changes and paid the rush fee. I paid to have my done within 1 month. And didn't hear from her pretty much the entire time, which is normal for Raven, she contacts you when she has updates or photos for you.
She got my tail back to me by the deadline date I gave her :thumbs-up:

Hi there! When Merbella posted that they had a spot open for a tail order recently, I jumped on the chance....I've wanted one for a while! I have paid IN FULL with a rush order fee which guarantees my tail to be made in 60-90 days according to the email agreement. But now I've read this thread and I am worried! Especially since I've emailed Raven several times in the last week and have not heard back from her. I do not want to be a pestering customer, but I am a business owner myself. And when someone invests that much money with you, it is good practice to at least shoot a quick email back saying "hey, got your email....busy and will get back with you asap." Because now I am stressing that I haven't heard back after submitting several questions and tail color info sheet. anyway...I see you guys say that she is busy and will get to you when she gets to you, I suppose. Not sure if I am reassured by that or not.

Her work is freaking amazing though....I'm impatient because I want it right now!!! LOL

Venessa Louisiana Mermaid
11-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the reassurance!! :D

Ariel-Starfish
11-19-2014, 02:01 PM

You got a rush order? Lucky you! When I got in for my order they did not accept rush orders for that time.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-15-2015, 01:27 AM
Does Raven have anyone helping her yet? Last I heard it was just her, and she's so popular, I can't imagine staying sane taking on that many orders alone. Especially, with tails which each require weeks of labor.

AniaR
02-15-2015, 01:30 AM
Nope, her husband helps her some times.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-15-2015, 01:36 AM
Yikes, that'd be super stressful. Do you know if she's saving up to hire someone else on, or does she just simply prefer to work alone/with her husband? As an artist, I know what that's like.

Mermaid Kelda
02-15-2015, 03:11 AM
I think she's tried in the past but it didn't work out.

Lotus the Mermaid
02-15-2015, 03:15 AM
I think she's tried in the past but it didn't work out.

That's sad. Well, her tails always appear to be more than worth the wait. :)

Sitre Seer Moroaica
06-10-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm at 5-6 more months before I receive mine.
I'd love to get some update photos but not sure if that will happen or not.

Mer-Crazy
06-10-2015, 09:08 PM
If you've still got 5-6 months there is a good chance she hasn't even started your tail yet so it may just be a case of no photos to share ^_^

Sitre Seer Moroaica
06-11-2015, 07:40 PM
And thats what I was thinking lol
I know she is a really, really busy and all and hate to message her randomly. Even though I've never worked with her before I trust her enough to never feel like I'm getting ripped off from past reviews I've read. Either way I have the entire Winter to wait and I know for fact I'll have my tail before Spring even hits! :) I guess my excitement is getting a hold of me XD

Mer-Crazy
06-12-2015, 02:01 AM
And thats what I was thinking lol
I know she is a really, really busy and all and hate to message her randomly. Even though I've never worked with her before I trust her enough to never feel like I'm getting ripped off from past reviews I've read. Either way I have the entire Winter to wait and I know for fact I'll have my tail before Spring even hits! :) I guess my excitement is getting a hold of me XD
Well, we'll put it this way, I know Mermaid Airel Starfish (who's on day 250 or something?) Just had her tail started. So that may give you a little insight as to how long you have to wait before yours is started :)

Green Tea Mermaid
06-15-2015, 12:01 PM
To give you another example. I am on day 341 and my tail was started at the end of Feb/beginning of March. I just received my first update since then on the 6th of this month(June) saying my tail was built(not painted) and Raven was going to be pulling the fins from the mold and to expect pictures soon. Still waiting on pictures. I figure I'll see progress pictures in a week or two. Hope this helps give you an idea of what to expect. The waiting is the hardest, but so so worth it!

AniaR
06-15-2015, 12:46 PM
I know the current tails raven is working on are elaborate and I know one she had to repaint a few times to meet the clients wants. Stuff like that slows the process down.

Sitre Seer Moroaica
06-15-2015, 04:25 PM
The waiting is the hardest especially since it's summer haha but I'm oke with waiting.
I know she has other tails more elaborate then mine and I figured the days she states is more of a window time for her to finish the tails she has before mine came in.
Dont force a creative process or it will not turn out beautiful.