PDA

View Full Version : Merman Vest

Triton-Mahtlinnie
06-21-2013, 03:55 PM
So I've been thinking about making an actual mer-top for myself and threw this together last night. Sewn from scratch using a commercial vest pattern and some left over fabric and netting. We'll see how it holds up in the water.

Sorry for the terrible bathroom mirror photos xD I promise I'll take better ones when the weather gets nicer and I can actually go out for a swim.

Mermaid Tula
06-21-2013, 04:37 PM
So dapper!

Seyani
06-22-2013, 03:32 AM
Oohh it turned out pretty neat! :3 Lol at your shower curtain~ *finding Dory...* Only Nemos!
Anywhoo~ I like your vest~ I think it'd be nice for a girl too if she'd wanted some extra coverage.. Like a..tankini ;3
Maybe it would be nice if you used seashells to cover up the buttons or ...the shells being the buttons ^^

Wooooooosshhh ~~ *flops away*

Triton-Mahtlinnie
06-22-2013, 03:35 AM
I've had the shower curtain since before the movie came out. xD

I thought about seashells, but I didn't want to affect how easy it is to button. It's pretty tight, and I hate struggling with funky shaped buttons. The current ones on there look rather like wood if you see them close. I thought they resembled driftwood.

Little_Orca
06-22-2013, 02:25 PM
I like the way it has turned out so far. :) We need action shots!

Triton-Mahtlinnie
07-02-2013, 03:44 AM
As promised, a slightly more -actiony- shot of my vest. (Actual swimming pics forthcoming, I have to find someone willing to come swimming with me)

About the vest itself: it is surprisingly comfy even in the water and dries out pretty quickly. It probably helps that it's really tight on me, but it doesn't feel any different from an ordinary swim top in the water.

(Ignore the sassy expression, my photographer was cracking some pretty bad jokes xD )

Little_Orca
07-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Ooooh! Nice. Are you going to wear this to the meet up?

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 12:22 PM
I have a crocheted seaweed tie, but I have yet to find opportunity to wear it. But that is a cool idea.