PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant & Mermaiding-- Can You?

Fathom delMar
06-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Ok, so I searched all over the forum and had NO idea where to put this... hope it's ok to post here. What do you guys think about mermaiding while pregnant? Would you? Have you? What were your experiences? Do you wish you *hadn't*? What kind of gigs did you do/do you think would be best for an expecting mermaid? Would you only do dry gigs, or would you do water gigs too? I know that swimming is highly recommended during pregnancy, but what about breath holding, and tail-wearing? From my midwifery studies, I know that in the early weeks embryos do not get a lot of oxygen, and that there have been studies showing that fetuses can go 30 minutes without oxygen with no adverse affects (such as brain damage) due to their blood cells being slightly different than non-fetal blood cells, thus being capable of holding more oxygen. But what are your thoughts/opinions/experiences?

AniaR
06-25-2013, 04:50 PM
I had the woman who did splash too on FB for a while, she was pregnant when she filmed it. Mahina mermaid did a bunch of mermaid stuff while she was pregnant. Kariel did some when she was pregnant. Dottie did some photo shoots. And I think Dana Mermaid has done photo shoots with pregnant women under water. Obviously, always ask a doctor, and maybe a scuba instructor. But I think most physical activity is encouraged during pregnancy if the person is not at high risk.

Mermaid Varshana
06-25-2013, 05:14 PM
*googles those people*

if there was ever an argument that pregnancy doesn't necessarily ruin a woman, there is that.

Blondie
06-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Dottie was a pregnant mer! You should ask her!