PDA

View Full Version : An original Mernetwork production

Mermaid Elena
06-27-2013, 11:25 AM
So I love film and writing a lot and I have always wanted to create an amazing mermaid movie. As you can imagine, it's difficult to make a film with no funding and no actors. The other day I was thinking, what if everyone on Mernetwork got together and made a film. I have some really cool ideas and I'm sure other writers on this site do too. We could collaborate on a script and put together something really awesome. People could audition for parts and eventually we would meet up for one weekend and film the actual movie. It would be a lot of work but I think it would turn out to be awesome if done right. Everyone involved in the production would have to be a volunteer and there would really be no compensation for the movie unless we sold it but I would really prefer it to be open for everyone to view.

What do you guys think? It's just an idea and it might be a little unrealistic but with all the talented mermaids on this site, it has a lot of potential to be a great movie and spread the word about mermaids and what we stand for.

merman_terp
06-27-2013, 12:29 PM
This is an amazing idea!!! I would love to do it. I am in California though, and sadly, tail-less. :(

Neria
06-27-2013, 05:13 PM
This sounds like an awesome idea! I'm also in California, but I would love to be a part of this somehow. It could be really amazing...

Ariadne
06-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Sounds like fun! The only problem might be finding a suitable location for everyone to meet...it seems like we are really spread out.

MerAnthony
06-27-2013, 06:22 PM
I agree. This would be interesting but saddly we are all kinda spred out just a bit.

Mermaid Julianne
06-27-2013, 09:04 PM
I agree with the spread out thing. I'm in CT, so meeting up with you guys in CA would be extremely difficult. I'd love to see something like this happen though.

malinghi
06-27-2013, 09:59 PM
I think the only way it would be possible is if it was designed around the fact that everyone is somewhere else, and was built around the concept of a montage that cut between different sets of footage. For example, the music video for Yelle's Comme Un Enfant (Freaks Remix) cuts footage of the same dancer in different locations so the dancing looks continuous (jump to the 2 minute mark):

http://youtu.be/z3ZX7G3zKCM?t=1m53s

Having a moving object like a dancer lined up in each shot would be extremely hard though. We could have a stationary object maybe. Or each shot could began with someone catching an object that comes from off screen and then throwing it offscreen at the end so it looked like it was being passed around. That wouldn't require lining things up at all. Or all the shots could begin and end by pointing the camera at the sun so the frame being saturated hides the fact that different clips are being stitched together.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
06-27-2013, 10:53 PM
I thought it might be easier to do a montage production as a music video (like each of us singing a line in a song and then editing it all together into the complete song) than a story. Another option would be to do some filming at one of the conventions (the VMAs or Merpalooza).