PDA

View Full Version : help and advices for my top

meremily
06-27-2013, 01:22 PM
hi to all

i need advices for my shell top. so want to put fish net on the strapless bra. i begin to sew by hand net on the cups
but when im at the straps to close the bra, i dont know what to do. do i glue it ? i dont have a machine and im afraid that if i sew it , that when i attach it, with the stretching, it will snap.

thanks!

Mermaid Tula
06-27-2013, 02:21 PM
What you could do is sew the netting on using really close stitches and once you're done sewing, glue over the top of the stitches to strengthen them. Also another idea would to sew on the netting to the bra, then take a bit of extra fabric and sew that on over the netting.

meremily
06-27-2013, 11:02 PM
hi mermaid Tula,
thanks for the advices! for your last advice, im not quite sure i understand what you mean. i sew the net then put on fabric? i want to add aquatic platic plants... what will fabric do?

Mermaid Tula
06-27-2013, 11:27 PM
What I mean is you if you sew the net onto the strapless top, then take a piece of scrap piece of fabric and sew it on, it would make it harder for the net to come off. You can still add on the plants. All the extra fabric would be for is to support the stitching where the net meets the top.

Mermaidmechanic
06-30-2013, 12:25 AM
I cut off all the straps and sew on the netting long so I can tie it.