PDA

View Full Version : mermaid pranks

Merrow Erie
06-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Tell me at least one of you with a silicone tail swam up and scared the crap out of some boaters.

Cause that's what I would do.

Carolina Mermaid
06-30-2013, 09:47 AM
I swam by two guys once and terrified the crap out of them, it was pretty funny.

MerAnthony
06-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Tell me at least one of you with a silicone tail swam up and scared the crap out of some boaters.

Cause that's what I would do.

LOL I did something like this last year but it was at a beach at a campground. Out in the deep end of the swimming area there was some people tossing a water ball back an forth an I swam under one of the large floats that hold people. Whe I came up an launched myself onto the platform an sat down they looked at my tail an one was so flabbergasted he fell into the water. I never laughed so hard in my life.

Merrow Erie
06-30-2013, 10:28 AM
This is like the sole reason I want a silicone tail. To scare the shit out of people.

I'd swim up to some jackass throwing beer bottles overboard, launch out of the water to grab him by the shirt and be like STOP FUCKING UP MY LAKE.

And then just disappear. Best use of $2500 ever.

spottedcatfish
06-30-2013, 10:49 AM
This is like the sole reason I want a silicone tail. To scare the shit out of people.

I'd swim up to some jackass throwing beer bottles overboard, launch out of the water to grab him by the shirt and be like STOP FUCKING UP MY LAKE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Wow. That's a good point.

MerAnthony
06-30-2013, 11:05 AM
LMAO !! I would pay to see that.

Ariadne
06-30-2013, 11:29 AM
I will SO be doing that when my tail gets here...hee!

Mermaid Cascada
06-30-2013, 11:53 AM
lol

Mermaid Varshana
06-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Let's be honest. Swimming with a tail is such a spectacle, you could get away with doing this with a neoprene or latex tail, too ;)

Mermaid Varshana
06-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Ask Mizuko what happened to her 30 feet down once. I still tell that story and it always gets a laugh.

MerAnthony
06-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Ok what happened? I would like to know.

Mermaid Varshana
06-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Mizuko said: "I think a funny/cool thing that happened to me recently while I was diving in my tail was when I saw something shinning from the sea floor underneath the jetty, and dived down to get it. I picked it up- it was someones keys that had obviously dropped off the side of the jetty. I was looking at them when suddenly these two big black shapes moved in front of me. It was two scuba divers! We stared at each other for a second- myself in surprise and them in disbelief. I'd forgotten I was in my tail, scale bra, with no goggles, and at a depth of about 30feet! They probably thought I was real for a second! haha!
I just smiled and waved and then swam back up to get a breath. I still wonder what they were thinking!! haha!"

AniaR
06-30-2013, 03:26 PM
I do it alllllll the time :) it's priceless

Echidna
06-30-2013, 04:34 PM
You should have a look at some of the tails shown around here.
You don't need silicone to look realistic.
I've seen quite a number of neoprene, latex and even fabric tails here that are absolutely badass, and in no way inferior looking :)

Merrow Erie
06-30-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm trying to get a fabric tail from mernation, and it'll probably be dark enough green to pull something off... *strokes invisible beard*

H. M.
06-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Oh that would be hilarious

Mermaid Varshana
06-30-2013, 05:14 PM
I've seen quite a number of neoprene, latex and even fabric tails here that are absolutely badass, and in no way inferior looking :)
YES. YES. A THOUSAND TIMES YES. SOMEONE GETS IT. THANK YOU.

Merrow Erie
Oh shit, I would have been tempted to just swim away. I want them to call their local auto place and be like a mermaid stole my keys. What's your policy for mythological theft

Also I kind of squeaked when I saw Raina commented on my thread. I feel borderline legit now.

deepblue
I'm starting to like the idea of a neoprene tail, because I could work on that myself.

These ideas are hilarious and I do want to know what happened to Mizuko 30 feet down.

Mermaid Varshana
06-30-2013, 05:16 PM
These ideas are hilarious and I do want to know what happened to Mizuko 30 feet down.
Look about 7 posts up.

deepblue
06-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Thanks! I must have missed it. :)

Edit- ah, in my settings, the text is impossible to see so I had to highlight it- LOL oh my! hehe I want to do that. :D

Echidna
06-30-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm trying to get a fabric tail from mernation, and it'll probably be dark enough green to pull something off... *strokes invisible beard*

:D
Go for it!
Dark green tails look awesome, and anyways:
below water, it's hard to tell what material a tail is made of at all, or whether IT'S REAL! :D

Ashe
06-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Oh gosh when I make my new tail this summer... Bucket list!!!

Mernation
06-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Just have to comment! We often use our fabric and silicone tails at the same event. The kids ask why our tails are different and we love to explain to them how one tail is smooth like a dolphin, to help her swim super fast! And the other tail has scales, like a fish! They don't think one is better or worse, they like to touch and swim with both! Here is a picture from our last event, with the girls in a silicone tail (on the left) and a fabric tail (on the right) 1218912189

Echidna
06-30-2013, 09:26 PM
There are several fabric tails in the Tailmaking section which do look as good as any silicone one.

Sure, there are some tails around (not only cloth ones) that look a bit unrealistic, because they're completely unpatterned,
but not all are like that.
Check out, for example, Mermaasai's thread.
That translucent dragon-fluke is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
I'd take that tail over a silicone one any day if I had her skills.

^^that's a close-up of said tail.

Mermaid Varshana
06-30-2013, 09:57 PM
I also greatly commend Mermaid Shelly's neoprene tails. Actually, some of the coolest fucking tails I've ever seen were well-painted neoprene.

Merrow Erie
06-30-2013, 10:06 PM
That's FABRIC!?

GIMME

NOW

ASDFGHJKL

Mermaid Caspiana
06-30-2013, 10:22 PM

Greatness achieved...!

Mermaid Caspiana
06-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Oh shit, I would have been tempted to just swim away. I want them to call their local auto place and be like a mermaid stole my keys. What's your policy for mythological theft

Also I kind of squeaked when I saw Raina commented on my thread. I feel borderline legit now.
You seem fun. Lol

Usagi
07-01-2013, 05:30 AM
The kids ask why our tails are different and we love to explain to them how one tail is smooth like a dolphin, to help her swim super fast! And the other tail has scales, like a fish!

My plan has always just been to say that one is younger than the other, so their scales haven't grown in yet ;D haha but I love the dolphin thing! Never thought about that!

MermaidBrittany
07-09-2013, 06:13 PM

THIS! YES! That would be so funny! xD

I have always wanted to freak people out xD I love pranking people.
I don't know if anyone remembers, but in the scuba section of the forum we talked about these really small air tanks (about the size of a water bottle) It would be great to own one of those and REALLY scare the crap out of people xD

If anyone freaks anyone out, they really ​need to get a video!

Mermaid Dottie
07-09-2013, 07:09 PM
OH my gosh! I want to be good enough at freediving to do something like that. ^_^ that would make my year.

Mermaid Kalliope
07-12-2013, 06:21 AM
In bigger pools, I love to swim up to new people and confuse them. Haha

Thalassa
07-13-2013, 09:27 PM
This is why I wish there were more natural places to swim here! Stupid desert...there are a couple of reservoirs, but they're heavily used for boating. I'm a little afraid of being run over by a boat, haha.

The pools here are very crowded, and for some reason people don't think as much of it when they see a mermaid in the pool. They just assume you're a character working for the pool, and it's for some reason not as convincing as in natural waters. (IMHO)

Marlin
07-23-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm waiting for spring break down here. Pensacola Beach is one of the more popular places for people to go and that means plenty of drunk and gullible people :)

Mermaid Tasia
07-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Crap. Now you gave me a great idea!

Mermaid Tasia
07-23-2013, 04:42 PM
I am hoping to get some ocean swimming in, but I need to get better at holding my breath. My once 2.5 minute hold has drastically dwindled from inactivity thanks to busting butt in college.

Marlin
07-23-2013, 05:39 PM
@Tasia- Well don't hold back, please share.

Mer_Adella
07-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Where I live we have what is called "Hot Boat" its where on the river everyone gets together and parties and usually the bigger boats 28ft+ come out. Basically the boats that cost $50k+ are out there partying. I had just finished my fabric tail two years ago and made up paper posters that said "Be responsible, take care of your trash and watch how you drive. You never know where Mermaid Adella will Dive!" and everyone was so confused by it. Well my boyfriend and I take out our 28footer out every year and in the bow of the boat i had my tail. So I had it in my scuba bag and brought it to the swim deck. One guy thought I was scuba diving and yelled out "Hey watch out incase a mermaid gets ya!" So i smiled and waved. I put on my fabric tail under the water at the back of our boat so no one would see me

(side safety note: all these big boats are parked and anchored to the shore and to each other, the rest of the river is open for movement but where i was at the boats were docked and shut off)

After the tail was on my boyfriend picked up my scuba bag and put it on the sun deck and told me to be careful and he would watch out for where I was. I swam around our boat and waited. I wasn't down deep so I could hear people saying "did you see that bright pink thing?" or "Do you think the mermaid thing is a hoax?" (about my flyer)

finally my time came, a woman was standing in 4 feet of water and threw her beer can out into the water so I swam under it, held the sandy ground and flicked my monofin and fluke hard enough to fling the can back at her. it landed a few inches from her and everyone on the beach noticed my tail. I popped out of the water and yelled at her
"No me tiro mi basura en su casa! La próxima vez voy a lanzar un pez en usted!" (which translates into : I don't throw my trash on your home! Next time I will throw a fish at you!) Then I dove back down and swam to the platform on our boat and quickly changed out of tail and top. Funnily enough is that I swam to the shore (where we were not parked) so no one recognized me. To see the look on that woman's face was priceless especially since I spoke spanish to her and yelled it. there was one guy on the beach who laughed and translated for the woman.
This past year I didn't bring my tail and EVERYONE kept their eyes open for the mermaid and were questioning whether she was caught or maybe that she got killed in the Dam turbines. its hilarious!

Merrow Erie
07-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Oh my god. I need a tail yesterday just to live up to my own thread

Carolina Mermaid
07-24-2013, 09:16 PM
That's the best prank I have ever heard! :lol:

Mermaid Danielle
07-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Adella, that is hilarious! Kudos to you for such an awesome prank and performance!

Mary Marine
07-24-2013, 10:13 PM
What about those glass bottom boat tours? Just put on a tail and cruise right under one!

And Adella, the story is hilarious, especially when you went back the next year and people were STILL talking about you!

Capt Nemo
07-24-2013, 10:16 PM

I did something like that to some ice fishermen. They liked throwing their cans down the hole. So they saw a black hand reach out of the hole and throw the can back at them! Ice diving can be soooooo much fun!!!!

Mer_Adella
07-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone for thinking that it was good. I was actually hoping that someone would throw a can in the water for it to work. And as I brought my tail fluke up I pulled a back muscle (cus its sooo hard to do it lol) but it was all worth it.

Gem Stone
07-24-2013, 10:33 PM
sounds awesome! I'm going to a lake next month, and this sounds like a thread I might be updating when I get back :eyebrows:

Mermaid~Summer
07-24-2013, 10:56 PM
I can't wait to get a tail so I can start messing with people lol. I mean, I already enjoy messing with people's heads but it would be much for fun with a tail :eyebrows:

mermaidwhisperer
07-24-2013, 11:47 PM
In my trilogy, one of the characters has to get a mermaid tail and pose as a pretend mermaid to cover up getting caught swimming in her real tail by a photographer!

Mary Marine
07-25-2013, 02:16 AM
That's really clever, Whisperer.

Mermaid Caspiana
07-25-2013, 02:29 AM
Where I live we have what is called "Hot Boat" its where on the river everyone gets together and parties and usually the bigger boats 28ft+ come out. Basically the boats that cost $50k+ are out there partying. I had just finished my fabric tail two years ago and made up paper posters that said "Be responsible, take care of your trash and watch how you drive. You never know where Mermaid Adella will Dive!" and everyone was so confused by it. Well my boyfriend and I take out our 28footer out every year and in the bow of the boat i had my tail. So I had it in my scuba bag and brought it to the swim deck. One guy thought I was scuba diving and yelled out "Hey watch out incase a mermaid gets ya!" So i smiled and waved. I put on my fabric tail under the water at the back of our boat so no one would see me

(side safety note: all these big boats are parked and anchored to the shore and to each other, the rest of the river is open for movement but where i was at the boats were docked and shut off)

After the tail was on my boyfriend picked up my scuba bag and put it on the sun deck and told me to be careful and he would watch out for where I was. I swam around our boat and waited. I wasn't down deep so I could hear people saying "did you see that bright pink thing?" or "Do you think the mermaid thing is a hoax?" (about my flyer)

finally my time came, a woman was standing in 4 feet of water and threw her beer can out into the water so I swam under it, held the sandy ground and flicked my monofin and fluke hard enough to fling the can back at her. it landed a few inches from her and everyone on the beach noticed my tail. I popped out of the water and yelled at her
"No me tiro mi basura en su casa! La próxima vez voy a lanzar un pez en usted!" (which translates into : I don't throw my trash on your home! Next time I will throw a fish at you!) Then I dove back down and swam to the platform on our boat and quickly changed out of tail and top. Funnily enough is that I swam to the shore (where we were not parked) so no one recognized me. To see the look on that woman's face was priceless especially since I spoke spanish to her and yelled it. there was one guy on the beach who laughed and translated for the woman.
This past year I didn't bring my tail and EVERYONE kept their eyes open for the mermaid and were questioning whether she was caught or maybe that she got killed in the Dam turbines. its hilarious!
Thats priceless! I have to do that! I'm going to myrtle beach so there's my opportunity! Maybe I can get Carolina Mermaid to join me if she comes. Lol

Mary Marine
07-25-2013, 03:32 AM
I would think that going to popular tourist swimming spots would be good for photobombing, especially any underwater photography. "And here we are on vacation snorkeling...wait, what? Why is there a mermaid behind you?"

Mermaid Caspiana
07-25-2013, 01:41 PM
I would think that going to popular tourist swimming spots would be good for photobombing, especially any underwater photography. "And here we are on vacation snorkeling...wait, what? Why is there a mermaid behind you?"
Yes! Myrtle Beach here i come!

Miyu
07-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Mary Marine: Best photobomb idea ever. I totally want to do that!

Whisperer: That's pretty awesome :)

Gem Stone
07-29-2013, 02:05 AM
im going to the lake this weekend. I'll take my tail and see what mischief I can get into (and out of hopefully) fins crossed!

Mary Marine
07-29-2013, 11:36 AM
It's not a prank exactly, but I've been thinking on how I'm going to reveal my tail the first time I wear it. The pool I frequent is at the local senior center so it's has a wheelchair ramp and a chair lift for getting into the water. What I'll probably do is borrow my grandma's wheelchair from when she had foot surgery and have a beach towel over my lap. Then I'll wheel myself into the locker rooms, change into my tail, wheel myself back to the edge of the pool, whip the beach towel off, and BAM mermaid tail! I'll get the lifeguards' permission to wear my tail first, of course, and see if they are willing to help out.

Kumori Kitsune
07-30-2013, 02:47 AM

that warms my hear cause I'm broke and allergic to latex so fabric is really the only way I can go

Kumori Kitsune
07-30-2013, 02:50 AM
I did something like that to some ice fishermen. They liked throwing their cans down the hole. So they saw a black hand reach out of the hole and throw the can back at them! Ice diving can be soooooo much fun!!!!

that is great

Kumori Kitsune
07-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Just have to comment! We often use our fabric and silicone tails at the same event. The kids ask why our tails are different and we love to explain to them how one tail is smooth like a dolphin, to help her swim super fast! And the other tail has scales, like a fish! They don't think one is better or worse, they like to touch and swim with both! Here is a picture from our last event, with the girls in a silicone tail (on the left) and a fabric tail (on the right) 1218912189

that is the best kids love my tail on vacation was the best a dad held his daughter up so she could see me it felt amazing.

Mermaid Fenicia
07-30-2013, 04:17 AM
As I use crushed velvet for most of my tails, when wet it feels like dolphin-/seal-skin ;)

Kumori Kitsune
07-30-2013, 10:30 PM
is it heavy

Miyu
07-31-2013, 05:53 AM
I love your tails Fenicia, I was glad to see your tails are definitely swimmable, because all I have around the house is a bunch of not-swimmable fabric, and lots of stretch velvet :) Your tails look lovely in videos!

Mermaid Tasia
08-01-2013, 03:00 PM
@Tasia- Well don't hold back, please share.

I swim in Lake Erie. The beach I DO NOT go to is disgusting. People throw their trash, cigarette butts, and I even found a used diaper (hence why I quit going). I was thinking about going there in the tail and throwing the trash back at the people who threw it or at least doing a beach cleaning and handing out bags for everyone to help. I think it would get kids involved and maybe make the touristy parents (who have no respect for the beach and that others use it) will start to watch what their stupidity is doing and what they are teaching. They want to get upset because little Suzie was cut on a beer bottle? Then they need to help with beach clean up and watch their own trash too. My cooler holds ALL of my trash from the day so when I dock I can empty it out. It is so gross to end up getting someones trash stuck in my props or see that junk left on the beach when people leave.

Aziara
08-01-2013, 03:28 PM
In my trilogy, one of the characters has to get a mermaid tail and pose as a pretend mermaid to cover up getting caught swimming in her real tail by a photographer!

I've always wondered why the H2O girls didn't do this... pose a few times in a fake tail, then no more hiding!

Marlin
08-01-2013, 04:30 PM
@ Tasia- it's sad but people do that everywhere. When I used to live in Hawaii, I only ever went to Waikiki Beach once. (same thing, the used diaper! one floated by while I was swimming) There was trash everywhere, people were rude (tourists...) It was just easier to avoid it. And i think throwing trash back would be hilarious- more mers should do it.

Gem Stone
08-01-2013, 06:21 PM
You can bet i'll do it if I see that happening. as a matter of fact, I plan to. I've done it before (no tail, long story)

Merrow Erie
08-01-2013, 06:27 PM
What beach was that? Mine is pretty clean

Mary Marine
08-01-2013, 11:54 PM
I was thinking about going there in the tail and throwing the trash back at the people who threw it or at least doing a beach cleaning and handing out bags for everyone to help. I think it would get kids involved and maybe make the touristy parents (who have no respect for the beach and that others use it) will start to watch what their stupidity is doing and what they are teaching.

If you can stand to swim in that sludge I encourage you to do this! See if you can get some volunteers to go with you and help out.

Mary Marine
08-04-2013, 12:19 PM
One of the lakes near me has firework shows every Friday all summer long. Sure, it's fun and pretty, but where do you think all the heavy metals and gunpowder covered cardboard tubes go? Right into the water, ugh. I won't have my tail in time to do it this summer, but if they are still doing fireworks next year I might go out there in my tail. I want to recycle the lake trash, such as empty plastic bottles and chunks of cardboard, to make messages in bottles that I can throw onto boats and on shore at people. They would say something like this:

Dear humans,
Please stop polluting my lake.
The fireworks fall in the water and make the fish sick. :(

I don't know if the stunt would change anything, but I want people to think twice about where all the fireworks junk goes, especially since the lake is a water reservoir. We are literally throwing heavy metals into the water we drink.

Mermaid Caspiana
08-04-2013, 12:44 PM
As I use crushed velvet for most of my tails, when wet it feels like dolphin-/seal-skin ;)
Does it last in water? Cause that's a cool idea.

Mermaid Caspiana
08-04-2013, 02:53 PM
One of the lakes near me has firework shows every Friday all summer long. Sure, it's fun and pretty, but where do you think all the heavy metals and gunpowder covered cardboard tubes go? Right into the water, ugh. I won't have my tail in time to do it this summer, but if they are still doing fireworks next year I might go out there in my tail. I want to recycle the lake trash, such as empty plastic bottles and chunks of cardboard, to make messages in bottles that I can throw onto boats and on shore at people. They would say something like this:

Dear humans,
Please stop polluting my lake.
The fireworks fall in the water and make the fish sick. :(

I don't know if the stunt would change anything, but I want people to think twice about where all the fireworks junk goes, especially since the lake is a water reservoir. We are literally throwing heavy metals into the water we drink.
You should say, my fish. Lol. And do something like a signature to hint that you are a mermaid.

Mermaid Fenicia
08-04-2013, 04:58 PM
It does until now :)

Gem Stone
08-07-2013, 12:35 AM
well, I tried to take my tail, but life happened and it ended up being left home and the wrong bag was grabbed in its place. nevertheless, there was no littering that I saw so I wouldn't have been able to do much but freak people out. however, we are planning a trip to moody gardens soon, so I might try to take my tail there

Rogue Siren
01-18-2014, 03:10 PM
This thread needs to be revived. XD Because I was so totally planning on scaring some beach-goers this summer. That is, if I finish my tail by then. I really hope I do....

I plan to head to the lake and swim by the roped off beach area with just my dorsal and fluke breaking the surface. Anyone who notices would surely be scared shitless! Lol. I hope to have my dad hanging out on shore to let me know if my prank works out...and if need be, point out the giant scary fish out in the deep water. Haha.

Triton-Mahtlinnie
01-18-2014, 10:15 PM
I've freaked out more than a few people at my local lake. It's a popular hang out spot for the locals, and also gets lots of boaters, kayakers, paddleboarders, and such.

I scared a stand-up paddleboarder pretty bad when I swam around behind some of the docked historic ships and popped up by her. Now the people who work down on the lake like to crack jokes about the merpeople in the lake.

MermanZen
02-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Lol I didn't scare anyone with my tail cause I'm still working on it but I was practicing breath holds in a 12 foot pool stayed at the bottom for like 30 seconds crawled to the shallower end and surface right between these two couple kissing they screamed like hell

JaceAquarius
02-08-2014, 08:25 PM
These are hilarious ideas! If only I lived in an area that didn't require a wetsuit for lakes and stuff. Perhaps in a warm summer... Of course if I could manage to get into a pool at night time that would be amazing! I have a great image of someone after hours cleaning something and then look up to see something jumping with a large tail in the deep end of a dark pool! I'd have to get permission first, but that would be hilarious!!

Gem Stone
02-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Ok, so technically it wasn't in my tail, and it wasn't planned, but this was still really funny. I was with Kishiko at a YMCA near her house and we had just finished the morning swim. she had both of our tails in the shower, rinsing them off, while I walked back to get my goggles I had left by the pool. a lady was walking towards the pool while I was walking towards the showers and she stopped me, pointing at my sea shell bra. "That's such a unique top. you almost look like a mermaid," she tells me with a smile.
"Thanks, it looks much better with my tail," I replied with a smile.
her jaw dropped and I just walked away.

selkie13
02-09-2014, 04:41 PM
All gem stone, I would have paid to see her face when you said that

MerAnthony
02-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Ok, so technically it wasn't in my tail, and it wasn't planned, but this was still really funny. I was with Kishiko at a YMCA near her house and we had just finished the morning swim. she had both of our tails in the shower, rinsing them off, while I walked back to get my goggles I had left by the pool. a lady was walking towards the pool while I was walking towards the showers and she stopped me, pointing at my sea shell bra. "That's such a unique top. you almost look like a mermaid," she tells me with a smile.
"Thanks, it looks much better with my tail," I replied with a smile.
her jaw dropped and I just walked away.LOL I woud have wet myself.To funny.

Mermaid Azira
02-09-2014, 06:00 PM
This is a great thread, I am loving hearing what everyone has done.

I did my own little prank this summer. Behind my house there is a small lake or really large pond. I don't usually swim in it because it's nasty, with algae and seaweed growing to about two feet from the surface for most of the summer. It's only clean for about a month after the ice melts, but too cold to swim in then.
Anyways a house across the lake from mine had some people visiting, with five kids who seemed to be about two to nine years old. The four older kids were playing on a paddleboat and the littlest kid was on the shore wading. She seemed really sad, I think because her parents would not let her on the boat with the other kids.
I rushed up to my room and grabbed my tail and then went to this little park that was closer to their house than mine. I got my tail on behind a tree without anyone seeing and then swam up by the little girl. By now she was crying because she couldn't be on the paddleboat. I popped up by her and smiled and set a shiny blue stone by her feet. Then I did some tricks and let her touch my tail. At some point of time her older siblings saw me and started coming back towards their little beach. I swam away before they got back.
The little girl went from being excluded to meeting a mermaid. You could tell her siblings were jealous.

It was totally worth the leech in my hair and algae all over me. Not really a prank, but it sure made her happy! I look forward to messing with people this summer.

With this little about two year old a magictail worked well, but with older people I think a more realistic tail might be better.

Mermaid Jaffa
02-10-2014, 01:01 AM
Aww how cute! If I had a tail I'd prank the tourists at the local lake but with a full body swimsuit or wetsuit, as the lake has pelican mites in it.

telzey.amberdon
02-10-2014, 06:55 PM
In N.H. (USA), its known as duck rash. Just one more thing to watch out for.

Mermaid Jaffa
02-12-2014, 02:07 AM
In N.H. (USA), its known as duck rash. Just one more thing to watch out for.

Yea, I got bitten a few times when I went fishing last October. It has taken a few months for the bites to heal. Only now its starting to fade. I recently read somewhere, its because the lake water does not all flow out to sea, even though there is a sea channel at the lake entrance. Add to this we've Pelican Island right in it the middle of the channel, so the mites always have a happy home and people to bite!

Echidna
02-12-2014, 04:26 AM
it's common here as well (german lakes have more waterfowl than fish), but it has, aptly, a much more intimidating name :
duck bilharziosis.
the first time I read up on it, I nearly fainted with horror lol.

MermaidBrandie
02-14-2014, 01:19 PM

And then just disappear. Best use of $2500 ever.omg! You HAVE to do makeup to make your skin look mermaid-y too, with like fangs and shit so you'll be extra scary.

selkie13
02-14-2014, 02:32 PM
I agree with cyotewalker!!
Don't forget to video it too, it would be brilliant to see the reactions!

Mermaid Sirenia
03-09-2014, 06:23 PM
I can't wait to get my finfolk tail this summer so I can pull all these pranks on people!!!!

~Mermaid Sirenia~

Meilyn
04-27-2014, 08:34 AM
I can't wait to get my finfolk tail this summer so I can pull all these pranks on people!!!!

~Mermaid Sirenia~

You and me both! :D

DepthWitch
04-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Mizuko said: "I think a funny/cool thing that happened to me recently while I was diving in my tail was when I saw something shinning from the sea floor underneath the jetty, and dived down to get it. I picked it up- it was someones keys that had obviously dropped off the side of the jetty. I was looking at them when suddenly these two big black shapes moved in front of me. It was two scuba divers! We stared at each other for a second- myself in surprise and them in disbelief. I'd forgotten I was in my tail, scale bra, with no goggles, and at a depth of about 30feet! They probably thought I was real for a second! haha!
I just smiled and waved and then swam back up to get a breath. I still wonder what they were thinking!! haha!"

This makes me so happy haha

JessieMermaid
04-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Omg I'm at work and am having difficulty keeping the laughter hidden......but these are hilarious! Except for Azira, too sweet! Love it!

LokiLove
06-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Once I get my tail I'm going to HAVE to prank people, especially because whenever I go to Galveston I always see people polluting the water >:( And the large creek/small river near my house always is filled with people's beer bottles and shit. I just want to swim over to people I see polluting and splash 'em with my fluke, lol :P

Mer-Crazy
02-15-2015, 11:40 PM
There's a marina right near where I live, with about 3 water side restaurants within sight. One day I am going to go there and just swim around for a bit in my tail, all shyly, peeking out from behind (the things you tie the boats too because I can words very well >.<) and if I see a person I'm going to act all surprised and scared and dive under the water (it's pretty murky there) and swim away.

Sabrina the Selkie
02-16-2015, 12:02 AM
Definitely gonna do some pranks this summer. Live near Chicago, and my dad lives IN Chicago, right near the lake, in a poorer neighborhood, and it's always nice to cheer up the kiddies. Even without a tail, I got a few little girls staring at me wide eyed because of the breathhold. A little boy actually plucked up the courage to ask me how I did it.
Then in the touristy areas, I usually swim face first into plastic bags on accident. Definitely gonna use the "fluke slap" idea.

Lily
02-16-2015, 12:09 AM
My family has a cabin on a river, part of this whole summer community. I can't wait to finish my tail so I can play with the little kids next time I visit. Hopefully the current won't be too strong this year; last year I was swimming with my Competitor monofin and had trouble, especially with how murky the water was. Damn California drought...

Mermaid Jaffa
02-16-2015, 01:49 AM
My only pranks so far have been in a swimming pool... And not a lot of it. Just one actually.

I swim near the bottom, facing up. Every kid lane swimmer I've swam under, has to stop and do a double take! The adults just smile. But I only do that when I am sharing a lane as it gets tiring on the forehead when one has to head dive each time they go past.

Nashoba
02-16-2015, 03:09 AM

I officially adore you for this. lol

Elle
02-16-2015, 04:26 AM
There's a marina right near where I live, with about 3 water side restaurants within sight. One day I am going to go there and just swim around for a bit in my tail, all shyly, peeking out from behind (the things you tie the boats too because I can words very well >.<) and if I see a person I'm going to act all surprised and scared and dive under the water (it's pretty murky there) and swim away.

I'm only an hour away from the Gold Coast. I'd want to see this

Mer-Crazy
02-16-2015, 04:46 AM
I'm only an hour away from the Gold Coast. I'd want to see this
Join me mwahaha. Either that or I'll make sure to have a friend video it for me ;)

Elle
02-16-2015, 04:53 AM
if my tail is finished after winter (and it most likely will be) I absolutely will

Merperson Danny
02-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Ha ha, that sound awesome! I would love to do that, but I'd always be swimming with my parents or friends around and I'd feel awkward...
Damn you, shyness!!

Fun123joker
02-16-2015, 10:57 AM
i think the clostest thing i did for a prank was when i was in this resort's pool (its pretty big actually) and everyone was chilling in the shallow end and i got the deep end allllll to myself! until these teenagers didnt bother to look where they were canon balling. this dude almost hit me. i was able to swim out of the way. when the bubbles settles he opened his eyes to see a mermaid giving him a piss ass stare for not watching where he was going. omg the look on his face. he was scrambling to get to the surface. barely saw them in the pool but when i did they never canon balled

Merman Jamie
02-17-2015, 05:26 AM

This sounds like fun. Would love to join you (if i have time) even if it is just for peoples reactions

OceanWhisper
02-17-2015, 05:36 AM
Gahh! I really want to sew up my tail so I can prank people, but we need to get the fabric scissors sharpened! I'm still a tail-less mer fgcvvzhdghshjsvdjevde!!!!

MermaidCelesteFL
02-17-2015, 07:26 AM
Two pranks I have done:
1: when I was in college with my first fabric tail, I had a friend distract my roommate while I turned on the water for a bath, slipped on the mermaid tail, and then screamed bloody murder for my roommate. "Oh my god, there is something in the water, Cassie, HELP ME!" as I flopped around in the bathtub.

2. I've done this one on multiple occasions- swimming up to a group of tough guys and pinching one on the back of the foot while swimming around them in a circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mermaid Sirenia
02-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Totally forgot about this, once the weather warms up some pranks will definitely happen ;)

Nashoba
02-23-2015, 12:51 AM
Don't worry, Whisper. I am too. It's a cash-flow thing. lol

Lily
02-23-2015, 02:18 AM
Aw man, if the river isn't too low this year due to the drought... There are always people renting canoes upstream, getting super drunk, and then canoeing down the river past the beach near my parents' cabin. Most years, there's a big wooden raft anchored in the deepest part of the river where kids can play / push each other off / rest. I cannot wait to lurk in the water near the raft, wait for a particularly drunk group of canoers to drift close, and then pull myself up onto the raft and flap my fluke at them like it's no big deal. I wonder how many I can get to crash into the bridge in shock. :evil laugh: Also yell at them for dumping beer cans and other litter into the river, because too many do that and it's super gross.

My mom has also been talking about taking the whole family (my parents, my brother, his wife, their daughter, my sister, her husband, their soon-to-be-two kids, me, my hubby) all to Disneyland for my mom's birthday, which is a Big One. I would love to see a whole gaggle of little girls squee over meeting a real live mermaid in the hotel pool. (Does Disneyland frown on that sort of thing? I wouldn't try to pass myself off as Ariel or anything, and wouldn't wear my tail into the park [probably].)

OceanWhisper
02-23-2015, 03:16 AM
Don't worry, Whisper. I am too. It's a cash-flow thing. lol
mine is because I'm waiting for my replacement fin to arrive, (first one is faulty, so they're replacing it free of charge) and my mum is too busy to teach me how to use a sewing machine :(

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 02:24 AM
I scared my sister and friends half to death in August at a nearby beach. The water at the beaches near Houston is murky, so it's hard to see someone when they're underwater. I was swimming circles around my sister and my friends, when my sister decide to put her hand down, and it almost ended up on my head, so I grabbed it and she FLIPPED OUT. And then of course, for the rest of the time, I grabbed people's ankles. It was amazing. I did it to one guy throwing a plastic bag into the water , then grabbed the bag, came to the surface, and shoved it at him. He got out of the water and took it to the trash can. I will also say, competitor fins make very nice slaps against the water to get people's attention.

OceanWhisper
03-02-2015, 05:18 AM
I scared my sister and friends half to death in August at a nearby beach. The water at the beaches near Houston is murky, so it's hard to see someone when they're underwater. I was swimming circles around my sister and my friends, when my sister decide to put her hand down, and it almost ended up on my head, so I grabbed it and she FLIPPED OUT. And then of course, for the rest of the time, I grabbed people's ankles. It was amazing. I did it to one guy throwing a plastic bag into the water , then grabbed the bag, came to the surface, and shoved it at him. He got out of the water and took it to the trash can. I will also say, competitor fins make very nice slaps against the water to get people's attention.
Ahahaha >.<

Merperson Danny
03-02-2015, 02:43 PM
That. Is. Amazing. ^U^ sometimes I wish I had a cool tail so i could do some like this :)

Sabrina the Selkie
03-02-2015, 04:06 PM
You don't need a spectacular tail. Mine is fabric painted with acrylic and it's enough to freak people out if I play mt cards right.

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 07:31 PM
My tail is neoprene, so it doesn't have to be fancy.

Sabrina the Selkie
03-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Right? Went for a Mermaid swim at my local Y today, and I got so many uncomfortable and surprised looks from people.

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 07:37 PM
I love the variety of weird looks. It's like, fish? No...fish? Yes. Yessir, I am a feesh.

Sabrina the Selkie
03-02-2015, 07:44 PM
It was great. I literally walk half a block then cross the street and I'm at the Y, and so I finally got a membership there yesterday. This was the first time I got to swim in my tail since I painted it brown, pink and yellow, (Same tail as in my profile picture) and it's so much more realistic now, despite being made of a butchered pair of cotton-spandex leggings.

Sabrina the Selkie
03-02-2015, 07:45 PM
And the looks were fabulous. I had to share a lane, and the lady I was sharing with looked almost afraid of me.

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Probably scared that you might drown her and eat her. Silly humans. We only do that when we're really mad.

Sabrina the Selkie
03-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Lol. I dunno, maybe I looked mad. My frustration with bubble ring blowing may have done it. XD

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 07:56 PM
I can imagine. On a funny note, my boyfriend just told me earlier he'd be willing to be a merman

Sabrina the Selkie
03-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Yay. That's awesome. I think I may have convinced one of my male friends to go mermaning. But thus far he is the only of my friends who are willing to put on a tail. Even a female friend of mine who does Syncro refuses.

Mermaid Pickles
03-02-2015, 08:11 PM
They're no fun then.

Sabrina the Selkie
03-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Right?
Although a different friend might do a shoot with me if I do a fairy shoot with her, so... things may be happening.

Mermaid Pickles
03-03-2015, 01:44 AM
Ooh faeries. I always wanted to do a faerie thing for renfest, but....never got around to it.

Sabrina the Selkie
03-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Yeah. Fairies are fun.

Mermaid Jaffa
03-12-2015, 09:16 PM
My new mermaid prank which I made up, is swimming to the bottom of the pool, turn around to face the surface. The way I bob to the surface so fast from 2 m depth, its unnerving the lifeguards, but super fun for me! Best done when someone starts to swim in your lane, it gives them a scare! Giant fish corpse floating to the surface.

Another trick of mine is to swim really really slow. Exaggerate the movement. You'd be surprised at how some people get scared by the sight of a giant fish, slowing creeping down the lane towards them.

Sabrina the Selkie
03-13-2015, 01:57 AM
Niiiice, Jaffa!!!!

SiaTheMermaid
03-13-2015, 12:56 PM
When I finally get my tail (all I have is my mono) I'll definitely be pranking people at every opportunity, it's definitely my kind of humour!

Mermaid Wesley
03-13-2015, 01:41 PM
The best prank in my opinion is just... Tail, hoodie, book, bench. I was cold at the beach, still in tail and reading a book and the looks I got were hysterical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiaTheMermaid
03-13-2015, 03:56 PM
I can imagine people doing a double take and rubbing their eyes to make sure they aren't seeing things haha!

Sabrina the Selkie
03-13-2015, 07:56 PM
That sounds fantastic Wesley.

MermanOliver
03-15-2015, 01:01 PM
I guess they couldn't believe their eyes. Would really like having seen that (sorry for mixing up the grammar, guess I sound like Yoda, hope you get the meaning ;) ) and the looks of the others, Wesley! :) :)
Sent from my phonebrick using Tapatalk

Mermaid Jaffa
03-16-2015, 04:10 AM
Ok... Not really a prank but after I had my tail on, I continued sitting on the bench eating my lunch and slapping my fluke on the floor whenever I took a bite!

Sabrina the Selkie
03-16-2015, 11:45 PM
Also must've been hilarious.

Mermaid Jaffa
03-17-2015, 04:19 AM
I was giggling like a mad woman...

OceanWhisper
03-17-2015, 04:23 AM
Hehe ^.^ (if you were in the same country) Wesley and Jaffa should sit together, in tails+hoodies, doing normal human stuff. LOL I think people would be so confused

Gem Stone
03-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Spring break just ended here, I'm assuming it ended for everyone else to?, did anyone get to pull something awesome?

Mermaid Sirenia
03-17-2015, 02:24 PM
Spring break just ended here, I'm assuming it ended for everyone else to?, did anyone get to pull something awesome?
My spring break is the week after next, I might be going to some springs then so I might pull a few pranks here and there :)

Merperson Danny
03-17-2015, 03:37 PM
I don't get off until Good Friday, and my tail won't be done for at least 4, because I have to wait for my fabric samples to come in, and then order the actual fabric.