PDA

View Full Version : 50 shades of little mermaid o_O

AniaR
07-01-2013, 01:18 PM
er-hem --> http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fifty-Shades-Grey-Screenwriter-Talks-Rewrite-Little-Mermaid-37986.html

Mermaid Varshana
07-01-2013, 01:22 PM
I think it's safe to say they've run out of ideas.

this is why movies are dying but TV is flourishing.

spottedcatfish
07-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I wonder who would be casted to play the part of Ariel if it is live action? Any suggestions?

AniaR
07-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I dont know if they'd do he actual disney little mermaid. When I first started seeing articles about this, I think it's more a generic little mermaid. Also, I know Carolyn's book is being made into a movie so maybe it's that one?

Mermaid Varshana
07-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Lili Reinhart would make an adorable, bubbly Ariel.

WavyMermaidy
07-01-2013, 02:37 PM
If they don't go the redhead route for a Little Mermaid (which is probably the case if they are trying to separate it from the Disney version) I think either Shay Mitchell or Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars would make a gorgeous brunette mermaid.

MerEmma
07-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Wow...that's crazy. :P

Seraphina Suds
07-01-2013, 05:22 PM
I would love a live action movie that stays true to the Hans Christian Andersen original. But books gone movies always find a way to mess up the most simple of things and ruin the classics.

AniaR
07-01-2013, 07:52 PM
oh I confirmed this is separate from Carolyn's book to movie adaption (which is sure to be sexy!)

Echidna
07-01-2013, 08:02 PM
But books gone movies always find a way to mess up the most simple of things and ruin the classics.
Word.
I never figured out why?
If a book is great, why make silly changes and ruin it all?
(Generally speaking. I'm not fond of Andersen, at all. I find his stories are somehow morbid and depressing.)

If they do live action, I'd actually love to see Hannah as the mermaid.
She is beautiful, and she's an accomplished tailswimmer and freediver.
That way, they could do more underwater footage (without double), instead of only short cuts, and all the rest being stumbling around on land :rolleyes:
I wanna see more of the mermaid's true world. I already know the human one lol.

Amethyst
07-12-2013, 10:09 AM
If they do live action, I'd actually love to see Hannah as the mermaid.
She is beautiful, and she's an accomplished tailswimmer and freediver.
That way, they could do more underwater footage (without double), instead of only short cuts, and all the rest being stumbling around on land :rolleyes:
I wanna see more of the mermaid's true world. I already know the human one lol.

Totally agree!!! :D

Mermaid Dottie
07-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah, they should pick an actual mermaid for the part. Y'know, someone who won't look like a lost puppy dog in the ocean.

MermaidBrittany
07-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Whaaat the hell? :O_o:

telzey.amberdon
07-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Aniar as our favorite mermaid!!

Merley
07-14-2013, 05:27 AM
This makes me sad and angry inside. Leave my favorite stories alone Hollywood! Come up with something new for a change and stop corrupting all the good ideas. Personally, I rather see a new movie about a mermaid than some rehashed, Frankenstein version of The Little Mermaid.

Theobromine
07-14-2013, 09:03 AM
I also would prefer to see them come up with a completely new, original mermaid story, preferably showing more of the underwater world than the human one. But at least this goes to show that mermaids are becoming popular enough that more movies ARE being made about them. This might open the door for the types of mermaid movies us mermaids really want to see! I've got my fingers crossed, anyway.

SeaGlass Siren
07-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Well they're already doing a lot of versions of fairy tales..

Snow white and the huntsmen, the other snow white one with Julia Roberts, sleeping beauty who's a student who's trying I make money... Angelina Jolie in maleficent... Beastly... A Cinderella story... And also happily ever after(?) with drew Barrymore ... That peter pan one with robin williams...Hansel and gretel with hunters... Jack the giant slayer... It was only a matter of time before they touched mermaids.

SeaGlass Siren
07-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Truthfully I'm kinda excited because there twisting up all these stories and making the chracters and plot more complex. Except snow white and the huntsmen that was horrible. I kinda want them to do an rapunzel and frog prince one.

Theres this one frog prince story I've read that is a retelling. Basically the frog prince was a soldier in ww2 and set during the time of when hitler was around. A girl finds him but drops a gold necklace her grandmother gave an the guy keeps it.

Anyway it was a young adult book and I thought it was pretty interesting.

Hah forgot to mention red riding hood remake.

AptaMer
07-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Also, there's the Once Upon a Time TV series where they are redoing the classic fairy tale characters.

SeaGlass Siren
07-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Also, there's the Once Upon a Time TV series where they are redoing the classic fairy tale characters.

oo yes that too.

Merley
07-16-2013, 12:28 AM
I loved Once Upon a Time...or I did until I got to the end of season two where they're building up to a weird Peter Pan as the source of all dark magic thing. Red Riding Hood as a wolf though was pretty brilliant. Waiting for mermaids to enter the show, which I guess will happen when they get to Never Land.

Mermaid Julianne
07-16-2013, 01:58 PM
I loved Once Upon a Time...or I did until I got to the end of season two where they're building up to a weird Peter Pan as the source of all dark magic thing. Red Riding Hood as a wolf though was pretty brilliant. Waiting for mermaids to enter the show, which I guess will happen when they get to Never Land.

I know! When they said they were doing mermaids, I got so excited! Hopefully we don't have to wait to long when the shows airs again. As for everyone else, the whole fairy tale thing is just a really popular trend right now, it'll go away, and then it'll come back again. Thats the film industry for ya. As for original mermaid movies, I know there are a bunch of mers on here who want to make original movies, me included. Don't know if anyone is really doing making one though, but I'm sure there is a thread for films somewhere on Mernetwork.

AptaMer
07-16-2013, 05:51 PM
I know! When they said they were doing mermaids, I got so excited! Hopefully we don't have to wait to long when the shows airs again.

The first episode of season 3 airs on Sept. 29, 2013

SeaGlass Siren
07-16-2013, 10:37 PM
I haven't watched.. :| I'll probably just end up watching season 3 and read previous episode recaps..

AptaMer
07-18-2013, 09:28 AM
I loved the way they turned the Red Riding Hood story around too. Ruby was one of my fave characters, because she's sooo badass, but has a good heart. I like Mulan for the same reason, plus Mulan has to have some of the coolest costumes in the series.

Can't wait for the mermaids.

I haven't watched.. :| I'll probably just end up watching season 3 and read previous episode recaps..

You can watch all of season 1 on Netflix, and I think season 2 should be becoming available pretty soon, so you could pre-watch the series if you want.