PDA

View Full Version : Future Tail Concepts

Merrow Erie
07-01-2013, 01:19 PM
This is the LAST thing I should be spending money on, but oh well. I've suppressed this interest long enough. I'm chunky, I can't deny it. But my waist is small in proportion to my giant-ass hips, so I can still rock a pinup look. Anyway after seeing everyone on here, and you're all so beautiful, I'm less self conscious about doing this.

Since this is going to be my first tail, I'm going with fabric. Mernation has just the color I was looking for, and it's the best deal I can find for less than $400. As a poor college kid, this had me drooling.

The tail itself is going to be dark green, but I'm hoping to add sequins to achieve something like this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gNHnn9kIJgg/UWeJFmCBWLI/AAAAAAAALWI/rbURzEQ1G_A/s640/21-IMG_5065.jpg

I'm in love with the big chunky red and gold along with small speckles of green and orange. The lake is darker than the ocean, and I think the sequins would look sick in the water. So uh, good waterproof fabric adhesive anyone? I can't sew. String hates me. The fabric tail also has an option for fringe, and I'm going to fringe the shit out of it. I want flowing light green fabric everywhere.

The nailpolish is 'Fun and Festive' by Hard Candy. Walmart sells it for a couple bucks.

Mermaid Lorelei
07-02-2013, 02:57 AM
I've never tried anything with sequins, but I've heard of people having success with E-6000. I've used E-6000 and it's wonderful stuff.