PDA

View Full Version : cutting neoprene?

shimmygoddess
07-02-2013, 08:33 PM
I bought my Neoprene from Foamorder and got 2 sheets at 50" x83" each. (It is not cut and is one long piece) I cannot seem to lay it out properly so that I can get the whole tail (front and back) on one piece. I know I am probably doing something wrong, but have had the same problem with the other spandex tails I made. I even flipped the pattern over but still cannot fit the fluke and have enough room. How much does one typically need?

Mermaid Momo
07-03-2013, 02:28 AM
I only bought one sheet and I was able to fit both sides omit with extra left over. Have you tried laying the patterns side by side, fluke to waist? That's how I did mine.

MerAnthony
07-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Shimmygoddess to start how tall are you? An to start as a min 2 yards of fabric should be all you need maybe that is why you are having a little problem. ( not enough fabric)

shimmygoddess
07-03-2013, 10:37 AM
I am 5' 1" . I tried cutting out a pattern last night using the monofin (rapid) as a guide and it is huge. LOL

this pic, the fluke almost spans the width of the fabric which is 50 inches. I am thinking I just made the fluke too wide? I tried putting it fluke to waist side my side but I cannot get it to fit as one Piece.

shimmygoddess
07-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I learned from Kanti, to use 2 poster boards taped together for the pattern. but it almost wasn't big enough. I could get the width, but ran out of poster on the end. LOL

FreshWaterMermaid
07-03-2013, 11:08 AM
I was able to use just one sheet and I have a competitor monofin. I was amazed it fit. But it was perfect!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2