PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Fish Designs

Mermaid Dottie
07-03-2013, 02:57 PM
For My Rocky Mountain Mers! I left out a rainbow, because that's pretty much what Thalassa's looks like.
I can't decide which one I like best...
Help me pick?
and I don't mind looking similar to someone else, if you guys want to alter one of these designs. I can PM you the Bases, and the Fish I based them on.

Sorry they're so Huge, I can't figure out how to make them into thumbnails, like Raina does.
Kokanee Salmon
Black Bullhead Catfish

Mermaid Dottie
07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
And if anymer has more ideas based on Rocky Mountain fishies, I would love to see.

MerEmma
07-03-2013, 03:06 PM
I really like the salmon & the catfish! <3

Mermaid Dottie
07-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I do, too. I like them all. That's the trouble.
I can't decide!
T.T :thinks:

Azurin Luna
07-03-2013, 03:56 PM
I like the catfish most, looks a bit more misterious

MerEmma
07-03-2013, 04:16 PM
I feel like the catfish would suit you the best.

Mermaid Jessica
07-03-2013, 05:16 PM
I like the Kokanee Salmon! I want a MerNation or FinFolk tail too.

Mermaid Dottie
07-03-2013, 08:05 PM
I like the Kokanee Salmon! I want a MerNation or FinFolk tail too.
Heehee! You're imported, so I think you should be Tropical. Maybe a black and white koi? Or maybe something vibrant, like...
This Giant Snakehead, a Native of Southeast Asia!
It's pretty.....
Can you imagine Finfolk's version of this?

Mermaid Jessica
07-03-2013, 08:25 PM
It is pretty! I really like its pattern. I bet it would look really awesome, especially with FinFolk's scales.

Theobromine
07-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Dat snakehead! They're awesome, I have one I care for at work. I mean, it's not awesome that they're so invasive and horrible for our ecosystem, of course. But they are cool fishes nonetheless. Very pretty and interesting.

Mermaid Dottie
07-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Yes, to both of the above statements. ^_^
Now, I still need help.
I love FinFolk's work, but I have been talking with Mernation the last couple of days and they seem so excited to work with me.
So, looking at a picture of me, Which tail scheme do you think will look best with my skin tone, hair color, body shape, etc, and how does it look in the MerNation style?
Here is me.
And I'm a wide hourglass shape, with a bubble butt.

Theobromine
07-04-2013, 02:40 PM
I like the kokanee salmon and brown bullhead, and and I think they would both look nice on a MerNation tail. I am terrible at figuring out what looks good with skin tones and hair and that sort of thing,though.

Mermaid Jessica
07-04-2013, 03:27 PM
I still say the salmon. But it's probably because I love blue and I think the blue would look great on you. I'm going with MerNation too. They're nice and I love everything about the tails. The only thing is I like the Finfolk scales so much! I do like the catfish and cutthroat trout too though. The patterns on the trout are so amazing!

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Oh boy..... What am I going to do if I can't decide?

Mermaid Varshana
07-05-2013, 12:16 AM
I think I'm the only one who absolutely loves the cutthroat trout one. But I love loud, showboat color schemes. Obviously ;)

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 12:55 AM
I think your tail is going to come out fintabulous, Kakarotte.

I'm really torn. I love them all. They all compliment different aspects of my personality.

And then there's this... I just had to. What are all hikers afraid of when they go walking in the Wasatch?

I'm the year of the snake, so it's not too far of a stretch for me.

MerEmma
07-05-2013, 01:10 AM
I love the salmon one merbella style...but for the catfish I love the Mernation design!

MerMarla
07-05-2013, 02:09 AM
...Which tail scheme do you think will look best with my skin tone, hair color, body shape, etc, and how does it look in the MerNation style?

Hi Mermaid Dottie! I so understand your dilemma! Colors are tough in different lighting. From your photo, I believe your eyes are blue, or a tint of light blue (that gorgeous clear sea blue, ahhhh!). As long as you weren't facing any garish color in the forefront of the photo, I feel your skin has tints of red, rather than yellow. In this case, I would stay with the royal blues, teal blues, or even purples... and avoid the yellows, yellow greens, and I think brown would just disappear with your brown hair. I would think yellow might make you look sallow.

Your top is beautiful, and the blue fabric with your eye coloration is really the right palette to start from.

I would pose a couple questions: What is your favorite clothing colors? What do you mix and match colors with? I would stay with what is in your closet as your best colors, the ones you wear most often. Use them on one of the designs you made. MerNation has a lovely fluke and tail design. Go with what your heart says. You are the one wearing it, you want to be really happy with your choices. All our opinions are just that. Opinions. You have to be happy with your decision as you will be wearing this tail for quite some time.

Hope this helps! I wish you all the best in your decision. Wish I had this one to make! LOL!

(((Hugz))) and Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C'z
Mermaid Marla

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Thank you, Marla! Trust a Weeki Wachee Gal to say the right thing!
:mermaid kiss: ♥ ♥ ♥

My eyes are blue, with hints of green around the iris. I like to wear earth tones like browns, blues, greens, deep purples.
I like when tails match a mer's hair color, and not long after this photoshoot, I did blue-green tips to match my spots.

Does anyone like the Rattlesnake tail? I thought I was a little creative with that one. Or is it just tacky?

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 12:46 PM
OH!OH!OH!!
I just found this image! This is beautiful! It's a Bear Lake Cutthroat. Not a river fish, but it is a Utah native!12312 (http://zeus.collegeofidaho.edu/campus/community/museum/Fish/SpeciesPage/OncorhynchusClarkii.htm)
I'm doing a design based on this right now!

MerEmma
07-05-2013, 01:04 PM
That one. Yes. That one.<3

Mermaid Oshun
07-05-2013, 01:06 PM
I saw your photo above. What do you think about these colors for inspiration... very saturated, sparkly and pearlescent.

MerMarla
07-05-2013, 01:20 PM
OH!OH!OH!!
I just found this image! This is beautiful! It's a Bear Lake Cutthroat. Not a river fish, but it is a Utah native!
I'm doing a design based on this right now!

Oh! Oh! Mermaid Dottie!!!! This is perfect, the turquoise-teals, pearlescent blue greens, and that clear sea blue! With SPOTs, I love it! Awesome colors! YOU GO GIRL! And its a native! Even better! WOW!

Mermaid Marla

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 01:47 PM
OoOoOoOoO
I love this one!

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 01:50 PM
I saw your photo above. What do you think about these colors for inspiration... very saturated, sparkly and pearlescent.
Oh, that's pretty.... Maybe I could get them to put that color glitter in it... :D

Oh! Oh! Mermaid Dottie!!!! This is perfect, the turquoise-teals, pearlescent blue greens, and that clear sea blue! With SPOTs, I love it! Awesome colors! YOU GO GIRL! And its a native! Even better! WOW!

Mermaid Marla
Thanks, Marla! I just attacked it. What do you think?

WavyMermaidy
07-05-2013, 02:01 PM
That's awesome that you are going with MerNation...they really do get excited to work with you and take on these great creative ideas that people throw at them. I know it will be a great experience for you!

I think that last one is probably a winner, though I do like the catfish one as well as far as color schemes. They are all really cool. I actually have to say I like the snake one too, though. The whole picking the color scheme thing is as difficult as all get-out!!!!

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Oh, yeah.
Was yours the peacock tail, Wavy? I really liked that one.

WavyMermaidy
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Yes it was, thank you!! :)

MerMarla
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
OoOoOoOoO
I love this one!

Stunningly perfect! Yes! OoOoOoooooooH

(((HUGz))) and Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C'z
Mermaid Marla

Mermaid Varshana
07-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Wow! It's perfect!

Mermaid Dottie
07-05-2013, 04:33 PM
You gals really think so?
does it need any extra fins?
I think the blended waist needs to be higher...

MerEmma
07-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I think some fins by the ankles would look cool with the design, but I don't know of your own preference about fins either, hehe. :b

Mermaid Dottie
07-18-2013, 04:31 PM
I showed my design to Mernation and they love it.
Now I just have to play the waiting game.... *Jeopardy theme begins playing*

Shivice
07-24-2013, 02:33 PM
OH!OH!OH!!
I just found this image! This is beautiful! It's a Bear Lake Cutthroat. Not a river fish, but it is a Utah native!12312 (http://zeus.collegeofidaho.edu/campus/community/museum/Fish/SpeciesPage/OncorhynchusClarkii.htm)
I'm doing a design based on this right now! I really like this one

Mermaid Dottie
11-03-2013, 05:17 PM
So, After Mernation released their new fluke design, I fell in love and decided that one was for me.