PDA

View Full Version : First post! Dreams of being Ariel by Mertailor!

amycishere
07-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Hello, I think I'm going to go with with Mertailor as I dream of being Ariel for a cruise event night! I'm in a wheelchair and I'm going to get a Spandex tail so I could move it in a bit. I won't be able to get the performance spandex with a zipper(he said he can not add a zipper to the normal spandex tail), but how easy are they to get on and off? Would I be able to stand in the tail long enough to transfer? I'm an aware you can't walk in the tail and don't need to. He said that he is going to make it without foot straps to be more comfortable. I can't seem to find any reviews of his spandex tails, does anyone have any feedback? I'm going to get a lavender purple silicone bra top too, so excited! I'm aware of the mernetwork discount but know I'm a brand new member, anyway I can qualify? Identified with this movie SO much as a child! CAN NOT WAIT! SO excited to find this community! Looked around quite a bit already!

MerMarla
07-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Welcome and Congratulations Amycishere!

Eric is a great tailmaker, and will help you out! You are lucky to be about 2 hours drive from his workshop, you could go there for custom service. Call or email him for an appointment! Eric is a friend of mine, so say Hi for me!

If you haven't already, go to the Chatterbox/Introduce yourself, and do a little write up. We love hearing about new mers who found their mer-spirit, and us! We're a great funny group! Ask questions, and some one will get to you to answer them!

Enjoy yourself here, there's lots to read!

Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C'z
Mermaid Marla

Theta
07-16-2013, 05:48 PM
One of my friends has a Mertailor spandex tail and she likes it quite a lot. Her first one was a Mertailor spandex and she sold it; then she upgraded to another Mertailor spandex. I haven't tried it on myself, but she seems to get in an out of it fairly easily- it's like one legged tights, so no zipper needed :) Here's her facebook if you want to ask her any questions!

https://www.facebook.com/MermaidJennifer?fref=ts

amycishere
07-17-2013, 07:16 PM
One of my friends has a Mertailor spandex tail and she likes it quite a lot. Her first one was a Mertailor spandex and she sold it; then she upgraded to another Mertailor spandex. I haven't tried it on myself, but she seems to get in an out of it fairly easily- it's like one legged tights, so no zipper needed :) Here's her facebook if you want to ask her any questions!

https://www.facebook.com/MermaidJennifer?fref=ts

Thank you SO much for this! You have NO idea! Still shopping around, this helps so much!

Mermaid Star
07-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Welcome, Amy! The spandex tails are tight, but they are the easiest of all the tails to get into. It takes me only seconds to get into. As long as you can balance with your legs together or have someone there in case you lose your balance, you should be able to transfer. Fabric tails can sustain a good amount of wear from standing in them and can get holes as the fabric is delicate. Just take care if you have to stand on it and it would help prolong the life of your tail if you were to put a towel down in the area you have to stand in order to transfer. Hope it is everything you dreamed of

Star
Sea Star Studios

amycishere
07-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Thank you all for all the help you have given me. After doing much research, I'm going to with a mermaid tail skirt. As beautiful as these tails are, I know I could never swim in them as I have trouble swimming anyway because of my disability. These beautiful tails are just too much of an expense for me to use one for strictly costume purposes. I hope I haven't annoyed or bothered any of you too much. I have loved seeing and getting to know this beautiful art form even if it's just a bit! Found a wonderful top on Etsy and there are wonderful red wigs as well!