PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer for Mermaid Shelly

Mermaid Varshana
07-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi all,

Unfortunately, Mermaid Shelly is closing up shop, online and off, and will no longer be making tails. Please say a prayer for her and her husband through this difficult time.

Mermaid Saphira
07-16-2013, 02:54 PM
That's so sad to hear, I thought she was doing pretty well opening up a shop and everything. I was hoping to visit it one day, but I guess not. I know how hard it is to have a business close down. :(

MermaidHyli
07-16-2013, 03:55 PM
This really breaks my heart. Shelly has inspired and helped me start my mermaid career on a personal level. I wish there was something we could do but I think its best to keep sending her encouraging notes and uplifting her =]

Carolina Mermaid
07-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Poor Shelly.

Mermaid Dottie
07-16-2013, 04:26 PM
She's always helped me whenever I had questions. I will always care about her.

Sephina
07-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Last she posted, she was working with a web developer to take all her stuff online, but would be closing her physical shop. I haven't read that she changed that plan. If she did that that sucks.

Mermaid Varshana
07-16-2013, 06:36 PM
She shared information with me that I'm not at liberty to talk about that definitively shuts her store down for the foreseeable future. She told me that my tail was the last she'll ever make.

Mermaid Octavia
07-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Oh no! That's terrible. :C I was hoping to get a tail from Shelly someday. It's so sad to see her closing up shop!!

AniaR
07-16-2013, 07:47 PM
First of all, your tail looks fin-tastic. Stunning.

Second of all,

While Chris and Shelly and I have mega bad history, I am still very sad to hear this and sad for them. Shelly was extremely passionate about her creations, and worked really hard to make sure she lived up to customer's expectations, and put a lot of thought and love into her work. The very fact that they ventured into having a store is amazing, and it was clear they were working their butts off on it. Shelly has always been thoughtful and she's contributed a lot to the community. Especially through her writing and magazine publications. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road for them, and life brings bigger and better things.

Theta
07-16-2013, 08:11 PM
I hope everything goes well for her! It sounds like she's going through a difficult time- I hope she comes out the other side of it as unscathed as possible. I've loved seeing her tails over the past couple of years :(

Mizuko
07-16-2013, 09:12 PM
I hope everything goes ok for her <3 I know what its like to close a business down. Lets hope she manages to make an online store in the future! She works so hard!

MermaidBonnie
07-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Im very distraught over this

Echidna
07-28-2013, 04:52 PM
She shared information with me that I'm not at liberty to talk about that definitively shuts her store down for the foreseeable future. She told me that my tail was the last she'll ever make.

Nooo :(
That is so sad.

mermaidtigris
01-18-2014, 03:43 PM
I miss mermaid Shelly. When I looked at her page I thought she had died and my heart just dropped. She has been such an inspiration and I'm really sad that she left. :(

Mermaid Adriel
01-18-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm so sorry hearing this :( I always loved Shelly and her tails and I hope she will get better soon <3