PDA

View Full Version : The Mer Review

Mer-Crazy
07-19-2013, 03:08 AM
*** Link to Selene's personal youtube***
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAwJeEtCNPCvq8p6gsGCblA?feature=watch

Hey guys this is Selene here, from Mer-Crazy. First off I want to make it clear that these opinions are my own, and do not in any way reflect my opinions on the people in the series, or anything like that. This is just a normal girl, obsessed with mermaids, trying to waste her time.

So, as if I didn’t have enough things to do, I’ve decided to start doing reviews of mer web series. By this I mean all of those lovely homemade youtube mini-series some of us love so much.

I do not mean a top 10 list of me ‘fave’ series. It will be in depth, it will cover plot development, story arch’s, character development, filming quality, acting, even things like the opening title song selection.

So what I want from YOU! Yes, you, sitting in your home reading this now! I want to know what you guys want to see in a review, what series I should review, hey send me your own series to review. I can be reached easily and quickly on Mer-Crazy@hotmail.com, so hit me up with a link to your series and a bit of a summary if you so chose to include one.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think of the idea and any suggestions you may have for me.

<3 Mermaid Selene

SeaSister
07-19-2013, 03:37 AM
Hey there, Mermaid Selene!

I just wanted to say that this sounds like a fantastic idea. I personally have never bothered to watch the numerous web-series, but if I read a really good review of one or two I might be persuaded to try it out. ;D
I also wanted to say, maybe throw this idea by Raina and Sirena for their magazine? They've been looking for things to publish apparently, so it would be neat if they would publish thorough, thoughtful reviews of these web-series!

Anyways, that's just my two cents. I'd love to keep tabs and read what you come up with. :)

~ Sea Sister

Mer-Crazy
07-19-2013, 03:50 AM
I actually did suggest it to Raina <3 great Mers think alike :) I'll be posting a link to my personal youtube page soon, once I actually have some content, right not it's just the above in video form, so no point in hearing the same thing twice right? Unless of course you wanted to look at my face for some reason as I awkwardly stumble through the concept. First off (not wasting any time) I'm going after the big guns, so Secret Life of a mermaid will be my first review, which I will hopefully have up in a week or so.

SeaSister
07-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Oh so true, great mers do think alike. :D

I certainly wouldn't mind watching the video you've made, but waiting until there's some content is fine by me as well. I can't wait to see it!