PDA

View Full Version : mountains mermaid

DrkAngl90
07-24-2013, 03:37 PM
hi everyone. i currently live in blacksburg while i attend virginia tech. i've always loved mermaids for as long as i can remember. whenever i actually get to swim i prefer dolphin kicking over regular swimming. currently i'm working on trying to make a tail from neoprene which hopefully will go well. already have my monofin and love swimming with it even though it does tire me out after 30-45 minutes of swimming in it. really hoping to spend more time swimming in it so i can swim for hours with my monofin. its great to meet all of you. if you have any advice for a new mermaid i would welcome it gladly

ShyMer
07-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Nice to meet you!

I think there was a thread recently about a lake near where you are that's great for swimming and diving- Does anyone remember what it was called?

MermaidHyli
07-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Hahaha my reactions to this "Where have you been for the past year??" I say this because I was in Blacksburg while my now husband finished up school =p We live in Richmond now but go back to Blacksburg often,actually the first weekend of August. There should be more hokie mermaids. =]

Mermaid Veruliya
07-28-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm attending VCU in Richmond. Nice to meet you!

DrkAngl90
08-02-2013, 08:10 PM
hey guys its awesome to meet you!! i'm actually from richmond! awesome to now know two people back home :) also if you have any advice in making a neoprene tail i would really appreciate the help. my friend that had been helping me recently passed away so i've gotten kind of stuck on the tail making process with the neoprene

MermaidHyli (http://mernetwork.com/index/member.php?1813-MermaidHyli) : lol i've actually been in blacksburg now for 2+ years but didn't find this site till recently. i really wish i had found this site sooner!

MermaidHyli
08-02-2013, 08:44 PM
My husband and I are coming into town tomorrow and gonna hit up the dismal falls and cascades. Also if you have ever heard of Gallows Foundry of Fear and want to be part of it theres an actor meeting on sunday. Let me know if you want to try and get together at any point :)

DrkAngl90
08-02-2013, 09:02 PM
do you by chance know kenna?? lol she's one of the people that works at Gallows Foundry of Fear. even went last year and it was a lot of fun :) haven't been to dismal falls.....where are those located?? and i do love the cascades. probably one of my favorite hikes. i'd definitely be interested on doing a hike. i love hiking, just don't know that many trails in the area. btw how long are you in town for?

MermaidHyli
08-02-2013, 09:31 PM
I do! I also worked in it. I was either the girl on the bed, in the abortion room, or baby doll hall way haha we've been working hard this uear with Tim (owner) and its gonna be sick! The dismal falls are right around the corner from the cascades and since we have a wrabgler we love to do off roading but cascades wont let you take vehicles up to the falls..dumb haha
We will be in town until Sunday evening sadly

DrkAngl90
08-04-2013, 05:23 PM
i currently have my dad is town so i've been busy showing him around the area. otherwise i'd of totally been up for hiking.

i also remember both of those rooms. had one of my friends clinging to be when we went through the building.