PDA

View Full Version : Pigments, Paints, and Additives...OH MY

Mer_Adella
07-24-2013, 08:12 PM
I am getting together a list of everything that I need to make my own tops out of dragonskin silicone. I want to test my creativity and make some of my own tops, not because I don't like everyone elses, but just to try it.

My question to you mer's is:

What brand of pigments, paints, or additives have you found works best with putting in dragonskin silicone OR paint them on dragonskin silicone?

I know that you will have to mix anything in with silicone to adhere it to the silicone but I have looked all over the internet and found different products, different ways to do it, and much more. I have read some different threads through here and seen a few of what other mers have said that they have used. But I wanted to know everyone's conciseness on what they used and how its holding up.

I do appologize if this is a "sticky" noted question already, but I am just so confused as of right now cus I see the Slic-Pig that smooth on has, but have heard other mers use PearlEx pigments or other jacquard products and mix it in. But then right away on another blog someone mentioned never to use Pearlex. So I am just trying to get a feel for it. This is the last step as of right now that I need to understand before I go and purchase everything that I need.

I appriciate it all very much :)