PDA

View Full Version : Best place to purchase latex tails?

Mermaid Matanzas
07-26-2013, 11:35 AM
I've been looking into buying a latex tail. The first maker I looked up was Merberry, which I like because you can design your tail, but I've heard either the service was either extremely amazing or terrible. I don't really want a silicon or silicon-latex mix, since they're more expensive. Can anyone recommend any latex tail makers that have tails for under $600 and are reliable?

Mermaid Fenicia
07-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Merberry also makes silicon tails only now. No more latex tails to find as they aren't good for people (allergic) and fish (die from it). :(

Mermaid Matanzas
07-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Merberry also makes silicon tails only now. No more latex tails to find as they aren't good for people (allergic) and fish (die from it). :(

Oh wow. Well if that's true, merberry hasn't raise their prices for silicon tails, which is good!

Blondie
07-26-2013, 05:32 PM
It's all in the eye of the buyer I think.

There are tons of great tailmakers, however many of them are now pure silicone tail makers. Which is good, silicone is better over all. I heard there were some issues with Merberry a week or so ago? I think someone still did not have their tail or something. Fish Butts used to be a great company for affordable tails but it is highly recommended that you do not buy from them right now. Even the Mertailor has started to redeem a good status with his business. Finfolk has REALLY taken a huge leap into the tail making business and I think their tails are stunning. Raven too is marvelous as many of us know.

Price is what gets you really. Sometimes it just costs too much. But you do really get what you pay for. The better the investment (most of the time) the better quality of a tail you'll receive.

Mermaid Avalon
08-04-2013, 08:28 AM
I am (still) waiting for my tail from merberry...like so many others in this situation. she is terrible on the communication end and she lied to me about when the tail shipped (I checked tracking-- it was a week later than what she said). she goes for weeks without corresponding to emails. I have yet to receive the tail, but thus far, I am very disappointed in her lack of professionalism.