PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a New England meet-up end of August-ish?

Echinacea
07-29-2013, 11:30 AM
I had mentioned this on the end of another thread, but then figured it might be a bit more visible if I started a thread myself...

I was wondering if people would be interested in a meet-up, thinking about Saturday, 8/31/13.

My mum-in-law has a summer house down on Cape Cod, in Pocasset, near Falmouth and Woods Hole. There are a couple of beaches within easy walking distance - one is a small one at the end of the street (about 200 feet away), the other is a bigger, more public one (with life guard) that is about a 5 minute walk. We are on the Buzzards Bay side of the Cape, so the water is fairly warm (usually in the 70's... I am a wuss about cold water!) There is also a small aquarium in Woods Hole, if the weather happens to be not very nice.

For those who live further away, I can provide some sleeping space, if you want to come up on Friday and/or go home on Sunday.

Let me know if there is any interest in this, I'd love to meet some of the other 'locals'!

-Sue

Seraphina Suds
07-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Aw man, that would be so fun! I'm vacationing on the cape August 17th to the 21st though. :c I don't think I'd be able to make it back again so soon.

New York Mermaid
08-03-2013, 05:20 PM
LOL I just posted about planning a meet up for the 24th of August. Its not set in stone but the 10, 17 I have parties and waiting response from a client for 31st(and i wont be disappointing my little ones). I have yet to hang out with you guys.

Echinacea
08-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Unfortunately, the 24th is the only weekend in August that is completely unavailable for me - it is my husband's family's annual family reunion, and we have already said we will be there. :(