PDA

View Full Version : Possible Mini-Convention or Gathering (North Texas)?

Mermaid Jewel
08-29-2011, 11:18 PM
So I know there's a few people (like me!) that are underage and probably have parents concerned with meeting up informally at Galleria. At any rate, it's nice to have an official gathering anyways. :) But I was thinking of having like a mini-convention or at least a more formal gathering to meet up with more North Texas mers.

I like Northeast of the DFW area so I'm more near the McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Grapevine area. I'm not sure where everyone else is but I'm probably gonna be looking at places more local to me, but if anyone has a more appropriate venue like midway, suggest it!

I'm thinking of finding a local rec center (for a city or something) and renting it out like a party. Then we can swim and such and meet each other, take pics (inside of course), grab food, talk, etc. And we can do it in the middle of winter :)

Any suggestions? I know a few rec centers near me but some are quite busy. I can work on the planning but if anyone else would like to help, mention that too :D

Blaze
08-29-2011, 11:28 PM
The point of meeting 'informally' at a public place (where you can bring your parents) was so we could then plan a 'formal' meeting I thought.

Mermaid Jewel
08-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Hm yeah it was but I guess since it was like Galleria and really informal, my parents were more concerned. I figured if we could have a more formal meeting planned, then they could meet everyone and feel more comfortable, and for those who can't make it to Galleria. I mean, go ahead with Galleria but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Mermaid Hamant
08-30-2011, 04:51 PM
I actually like the sound of that Mermaid Jewel, if I had enough time to do that it would be awesome!

Taylor is a Mermaid
08-30-2011, 05:22 PM
If you're talking about renting a space out, I don't know that that would be cost-effective for as few people as we have in the area. Renting out spaces is usually pretty expensive.

Gem Stone
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM
If we all pitched in a little bit I'm sure we could afford it, eventually

Lyna
08-14-2012, 02:57 AM
is this all for merlinmgs? or what's happening here? will there be older mers....i'll be in the Killeen area soon...