Mermaid Oshun
07-31-2013, 03:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nKc10bbUoYo
AND for Flo Rida's Music Video "Can't Believe it" Featuring Pitbull
Not safe for work. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-WDcpwZqYlU

MerEmma
07-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Oh wow, the 3 Tails trailer looks really good actually. A huge step-up from what they've done in the past, I'm proud of them! :D

The second one...lol. Good for Eric though I suppose. The video was kinda objectifying.

Mermaid Oshun
07-31-2013, 04:08 PM
The 2nd video is hillarious! But didnt he make a black tail for Lady Gaga too and now 2 black tails for this video... wow!

MerEmma
07-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Black is popular. :P

Echinacea
07-31-2013, 04:18 PM
He had posted something on FB saying that "I supplied the two black silicone mermaid tails. I had know idea this Music Video would be the final product. I do not condone this Music Video or Song. I think this Music Video and Song are extremely offensive. I do not appreciate the representation that this puts on the female race. EXPLICIT CONTENT WARNING: This Music Video and Song may be offensive to you or others around you. Again, I do not condone this Music Video or Song. I am only posting this Music Video link because my mermaid tails appeared in it."

Mermaid Oshun
07-31-2013, 04:33 PM
I am sure he did not even have any idea what the song would be about. But all this genre's videos have women in lingerie so it's nothing new. ;)

MerEmma
07-31-2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I know, but it still is kind of sad as a genre.

Kumori Kitsune
07-31-2013, 05:08 PM
the first vid was kool just the acting was a bit cheesy but id watch it.

the 2nd vid omg lmao the tails where kool tho

MermaidHyli
07-31-2013, 05:34 PM
:jawdrop:...*facepalm* oh Flo rida..(florida..) I don't think I have ever seen so many butts all at once in my life and you only see the tails for a split second. Props to Eric for making tails but this music video is..well hilarious and just loss of words haha

AniaR
07-31-2013, 05:35 PM
"the female race"... LOL ;)

Yeah I couldn't get through 20 seconds of the video.

Mermaid Momo
07-31-2013, 06:04 PM
I am sure he did not even have any idea what the song would be about. But all this genre's videos have women in lingerie so it's nothing new. ;)
not all of rap videos have girls in lingerie (or I should say, girls in lingerie who are objectified. Lots of other videos have girls in lingerie that put them in a postition of power, but sadly those are mostly by female artist)

I was going to comment on his post like " Good for you to stand up against women being objectified! though, female isn't a race" but I thought better of it. I watched almost the whole thing. I honestly though this was a parody like that song "Im on a boat." but after i got further into it, I realised that It was a serious song and video.

Mermaid Cascada
07-31-2013, 07:20 PM
What the heckle!?! (I don't swear so I make up weird words to say) I think the first video looked very cool. I just couldn't stop laughing at the second video. It's a little offensive but I don't get it lol. I just idk I guess I'd have to be a man to understand it. Lol a man who really like butts at that. The tails are georgous but I don't like how there just black. I mean where's the creativity on the person (who ordered)'s part? If that makes sense. Eric did a wonderful job! He's grown a lot these few years.

deepblue
07-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Okay, next time I'll read down before watching the vids. That second video was yeah, NSFW. GoldenPearl, maybe you could edit NSFW into your original post? :)

The first though, very cool for those gals. Do they have a web series? I don't pay much attention to adolescent mermaid things, outside of H20 because it was something I could watch with my daughter, and I got hooked (no pun).

Mermaid Saphira
07-31-2013, 08:25 PM
I finished the flo rida video, all I can say is..

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130413212811/degrassi/images/4/4a/What-just-happened.gif

Blondie
07-31-2013, 09:15 PM
The trailer was cute. I mean the tails look gorgeous. The acting is... Well a little cheesy. I feel like if they had all the money for great tails and a boat, the camera work would be a bit better, the editing would be something more than iMovie material. But maybe that's the media savvy person in me.

The music video did however supply me with a good laugh xD

Echidna
07-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Well, I've no idea what you're all talking about concerning the second video.

Mostly because I can't watch it in my country ;)

That bit was funny.
Although- when I was still working as a dancer, most of my male collegues were genuinely thinking of women as a different species.
Classed somewhere between bugs and apes, probably :rolleyes:

Anahita
08-01-2013, 02:07 AM

I was thinking the same thing about the "female race". :)

Also, I had a good laugh at the second video for about a minute, and then it just got old. It was just so ridiculously stereo-typically "ghetto-fabulous" that I feel like it would have been something the people I went to high school with when I first immigrated would have listened to. I was actually wondering if it was serious or not. Like, literally, I asked my khastegar "Uh, is this serious?"

Alveric
08-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I only got to 0:50 on the second vid.

I would have never thought it possible that someone could actually make the female butt unappealing to me.:rolleyes:

AniaR
08-01-2013, 05:26 PM
I dont know I have "bubble yum bum" stuck in my head today lmao it burns!

Prince Calypso
08-01-2013, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=draggersprez;83199]not all of rap videos have girls in lingerie (or I should say, girls in lingerie who are objectified. Lots of other videos have girls in lingerie that put them in a postition of power, but sadly those are mostly by female artist)

I have to agree. Rap and R'N B get a really bad image
when not all Rap and RnB is the same.
true enough a lot of rap songs and music videos have half naked woman in them and most do objectify them BUT NOT ALL!
its not the entire genre that is like this thank you very much
honestly what makes rock, pop, or country or even metal any difference. considering that i listen to all types of musical genres and i honestly say its not just rap as a genre that objectify woman and has music videos with girls in revealing clothing

Mermaid Oshun
08-02-2013, 08:27 AM
I personally in no way felt insulted watching the 2nd video. Not at all. Were I there, I would have danced along with the music. :$

Lyretail
08-03-2013, 12:22 PM
He had posted something on FB saying that;
"I do not appreciate the representation that this puts on the female race."
Dear Maker. He thinks females are their own race! XD

Not exactly the best wording on his part but it was nice of him to specify he finds such actions distasteful at least.

PearlieMae
08-03-2013, 01:26 PM

If we win the 'race', do we get a trophy?

Mary Marine
08-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Ironically considering the theme of the video we don't get a dramatic close up of the mermaids' butts.

Mermaid Allie
08-03-2013, 03:37 PM
HAHAHAHHAHA so many butts. Actually I'm a huge rap fan so I really liked the beat and stuff but lolz so many butts. The 3 tails movie looks promising!! Idk if this has already been mentioned but I'm pretty sure the mertailor also made the tail for the video "I'm on a boat" by the lonely Island and tpain. Skip to 2:38 for mermaid.

WARNING LOTS OF EXPLICIT LANGUAGE IN THIS SONG.
http://youtu.be/avaSdC0QOUM

Sammi Ray
09-09-2013, 07:13 AM
The tails look great in the first video but acting on all sides is very cheesy bless them.

But that flo rider one is vile... surely thats shown after the watershed????? ....

Merrow
09-11-2013, 11:22 AM
That FloRida video really made me think of the video for Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back". It's like a Land of Bootay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JphDdGV2TU&sns=em

darcyexene
01-03-2014, 05:07 PM
:DI honestly am a fan of the3tails and own a tail from them (the2tails). And the movie is actually coming on Netflix, iTunes, and DVD! They actually got some pro actors! I mean yes the acting is kinda bad but they are 14. I'm not lying check this: The3Tails Movie: A Mermaid Adventure (2014) IMDb

deepblue
01-04-2014, 03:31 PM
I have watched a bit of it (three tails), and the acting might not be the best, but- I've seen productions done by adults with more money which didn't exactly do any better. So it rocks what these 14 yr olds are doing, more power to them. Just imagine what they can accomplish by starting off this early. I'll have to go watch the series. :)

spottedcatfish
01-05-2014, 07:50 AM
That mermaid movie looks awesome. The other video objectifies women and is obscene. I don't care if it contains Mertailors tails (for one second in the video)... it was terrible!