PDA

View Full Version : Merlesque's first underwater photoshoot!

Ondine
08-10-2013, 01:17 PM
The Merlesque mermaids had our first ever underwater photoshoot, and now we have the pictures back! We're hoping to have another main photoshoot as this one was pretty experimental to be honest - we'd only done shoots on land previously and our photographer, while an experienced underwater photographer, had never had to deal with the complexity of lighting and shooting mermaid tails before, so it was a bit of an adventure. But we got some nice photos anyway!

You can see all the pictures on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/RealMermaidsUK (https://www.facebook.com/RealMermaidsUK)

Here's just a couple (I hope this works!):

Mermaid Melusine:

Mermaid Lorelei:

And me!

Ashe
08-10-2013, 01:19 PM
So beautiful! The tail colors just "pop" against the blue water! :) :thumbs-up:

Ondine
08-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks! :D Yes, especially mermaid Melusine's tail - hers just looks so incredible in a blue pool, I'm secretly a teeny bit jealous haha! I think tails that are yellow or gold or orange just look amazing in the water.

Mermaid Melanie
08-10-2013, 02:31 PM
beautiful ! the lighting is awesome in these shots ! you all look lovely ! x

Phoenix Mermaid
08-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Beautiful photos :)

Ondine
08-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks! We were shooting in an outdoor pool and we got really lucky with a beautiful sunny day! I think it actually made things more complicated for our photographer in terms of the lighting, but we were delighted ;)

Merman Arion
08-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks! :D Yes, especially mermaid Melusine's tail - hers just looks so incredible in a blue pool, I'm secretly a teeny bit jealous haha! I think tails that are yellow or gold or orange just look amazing in the water.

I agree, Melusine's tail looks amazing but so is Mermaid Lorelei's ! i'm actually ordering the very same blue tail from Magictail. I'm already chatting with the costume designer back and forth with e-mails about my measurements before making the payment. I'm so looking forward to wear it as a merman since blue is my favorite color !!! :cool:

SO EXCITED !!!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/612cc1b0cb1e4d0a9e069ee691bc439b/tumblr_mnvskz1lGE1rvawpfo1_500.gif

Cornelia
08-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Love it <3 wow... its just so great!!!

Miyu
08-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Oh wow, these are all so pretty! I am a jelly fish! ^-^

Ariel-Starfish
08-11-2013, 03:15 AM
Wow I love the bright colors in the pictures!!

Ondine
08-11-2013, 07:00 AM
I agree, Melusine's tail looks amazing but so is Mermaid Lorelei's ! i'm actually ordering the very same blue tail from Magictail. I'm already chatting with the costume designer back and forth with e-mails about my measurements before making the payment. I'm so looking forward to wear it as a merman since blue is my favorite color !!! :cool:

SO EXCITED !!!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/612cc1b0cb1e4d0a9e069ee691bc439b/tumblr_mnvskz1lGE1rvawpfo1_500.gif
Ooh awesome! The magictails actually look really good in the water, I was really impressed at how they look so textured underwater. You'll have to put up pics when it arrives :D

Merman Arion
08-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Ooh awesome! The magictails actually look really good in the water, I was really impressed at how they look so textured underwater. You'll have to put up pics when it arrives :D

I promise that i will do my best for the pictures. Tell me, Ondine, how it's going with the monofins while swimming? Are they strong? :)

I have seen reviews here about the Magictails and the subject of the monofin breaking after the first swim came back often. Hence the lots of 4 stars instead of 5.

So because i'm very sporty, i'm a bit worried of this part :p

xoxo

Ondine
08-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I promise that i will do my best for the pictures. Tell me, Ondine, how it's going with the monofins while swimming? Are they strong? :)

I have seen reviews here about the Magictails and the subject of the monofin breaking after the first swim came back often. Hence the lots of 4 stars instead of 5.

So because i'm very sporty, i'm a bit worried of this part :p

xoxo
The magictail monofins definitely aren't the strongest - Melusine's monofin developed cracks in the centre of the fin. She contacted MagicTail and they have sent a replacement fin though, which is good. Apparently they recently changed to a stronger material for their monofins as they had been having issues with them developing cracks and breaking - we think maybe Melusine just got unlucky and ended up with one of their older models instead of the newer ones. It didn't break immediately though - we'd had them for a few months before the cracks developed.

Merman Arion
08-11-2013, 07:52 AM
The magictail monofins definitely aren't the strongest - Melusine's monofin developed cracks in the centre of the fin. She contacted MagicTail and they have sent a replacement fin though, which is good. Apparently they recently changed to a stronger material for their monofins as they had been having issues with them developing cracks and breaking - we think maybe Melusine just got unlucky and ended up with one of their older models instead of the newer ones. It didn't break immediately though - we'd had them for a few months before the cracks developed.

I see. That's okay because it will be my very first tail. It will be mostly for fun instead of doing performances so i don't mind my monofin not being the strongest. I just don't want it to break easily while swimming because i'm a sporty merman working out 4 to 5 times a week and i have strong legs. :D

Bravo to Magictail for being a good sport and sending a replacement fin. :)

So if i make the order soon, once i will be done with my measurements checked by their costume designer, i will likely get one of their newer monofins? That's a big relief, although i still feel bad for Mermaid Melusine. :(

So far, everything is good with yours and Mermaid Lorelei's ?

Ondine
08-11-2013, 08:08 AM
I see. That's okay because it will be my very first tail. It will be mostly for fun instead of doing performances so i don't mind my monofin not being the strongest. I just don't want it to break easily while swimming because i'm a sporty merman working out 4 to 5 times a week and i have strong legs. :D

Bravo to Magictail for being a good sport and sending a replacement fin. :)

So if i make the order soon, once i will be done with my measurements checked by their costume designer, i will likely get one of their newer monofins? That's a big relief, although i still feel bad for Mermaid Melusine. :(

So far, everything is good with yours and Mermaid Lorelei's ?
If it's just for fun I think you should be fine! You definitely do need to be careful with how you store them though - just a word of advice as mermaid Lorelei managed to snap the very tip off part of her monofin when she was in a hurry trying to jam it into a cardboard box. I guess it's a bit of a trade-off because the material they use is flexible so it looks great when you're swimming in them, but obviously it only bends so far!
My fin has been totally fine though. The only slightly strange thing about it is that it squeaks slightly when I swim, so the other mermaids can always hear me coming when we're swimming underwater together!

Merman Arion
08-11-2013, 08:24 AM
If it's just for fun I think you should be fine! You definitely do need to be careful with how you store them though - just a word of advice as mermaid Lorelei managed to snap the very tip off part of her monofin when she was in a hurry trying to jam it into a cardboard box. I guess it's a bit of a trade-off because the material they use is flexible so it looks great when you're swimming in them, but obviously it only bends so far!
My fin has been totally fine though. The only slightly strange thing about it is that it squeaks slightly when I swim, so the other mermaids can always hear me coming when we're swimming underwater together!

Being careful seems fair to me since it's a fabric tail. Thanks for the advice. :)

"The only slightly strange thing about it is that it squeaks slightly when I swim" ---> Seriously? :eek:
The same sound like a pair of sneakers on a waxed floor?? :doh:

Miyu
08-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Actually, I think it's kind of cute that it squeaks! That would make it seem a little more realistic to me LOL :lol: Like little dolphin squeaks kind of... And also it would be great to hear other mers coming so you don't run into them if you can't see haha...

*ponders about how to make her monofin squeak*