PDA

View Full Version : Certified diver and CPR...ist?...?!!!

Mermaid Caspiana
08-14-2013, 12:07 AM
This is gonna be short and sweet... How old do you have to be to be a certified diver and how can you when you are of age? And the same with CPR...ing?
Thanks!

FreshWaterMermaid
08-14-2013, 12:22 AM
You can have both if you are old enough to read and write.
That's what I was told from my dive instructor and my CPR instructor as well.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Mermaid Caspiana
08-14-2013, 01:18 AM
Thanks! But would you by chance know where and how I can get both?

Anahita
08-14-2013, 01:27 AM
I was certified for CPR when I took lifeguard training at the Red Cross. I was 16 at the time if I recall - I know it was when I was still in high school, and sometime before I got my driver's license.

Mermaid Caspiana
12-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Well I'm not going to quite get certified but I'm getting a certificate of completion from my health class in high school. ;)

Seatan
12-23-2013, 08:51 PM
If you get certified in Open Water and Advanced Open Water, you can then get certified as a Rescue Diver. Once you have that certification, you're not only certified for CPR, you are a First Responder, which means that if there is, like, a hurricane and there aren't enough EMTs around, you can go in and help people. I've been told that it's both the most fun and the most rewarding diving class out there, and I plan to take sometime in the coming year, after AOW and a lot of hours logged with my local dive club!

Mermaid Melanie
12-27-2013, 11:45 PM
minimum age for diving is 8 years old and EFR ( Emergency First Responder ) course is for all the family ! any age as along as they are mentally mature enough for it - we did it back in high school and now i teach the course - Rescue course is the most rewarding course I did - accidents do happen so its good to have the knowledge and skills to help out when they do !

AniaR
12-28-2013, 01:06 AM
I did CPR when I was 9. I'm not sure the regulations in the USA but I think the CPR courses are pretty much offered to anyone.

Mermaid Caspiana
01-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Well, finished the course in health a couple weeks ago and though my teacher wasn't able to fully certify us we have a certificate of completion which means we know what we are doing. It is good for two years too. :)
When I finish my silicone tail (and even maybe before the to just get used to it) I might possibly be able to get a job at an aquarium. Either Akron Zoo, Cleveland Zoo, or an excitement of mine: Greater Cleveland Aquarium that jut opened in 2012. And hopefully this summer I can start my event business and selling accessories on Etsy. And if we are good enough and my mom wants to help me, maybe a tail business. But the CRP part will defiantly help in the Birthday Party area. ;)

Merman Nalu
02-06-2014, 03:51 PM
I was certified when I was 11, and again when I was 19.

Mermaid Caspiana
02-21-2014, 10:48 PM
This is really delayed, but I got my CPR certification thingy. It lasts for two years.

Merman Chatfish
11-24-2014, 09:45 PM
Lifeguard you have to be 15 and WSI (swim instructor) 16.