PDA

View Full Version : Someone has hacked my account

Mermaid Oshun
08-17-2013, 06:43 AM
I have been watching for the past few days and my activity shows me surfing different pages on this forum when I was actually in bed asleep!
This has gone on for several days.
I have also looked at my recent activity while I have been online and threads showed up that I never even saw as being my recent activity.
I changed my password yesterday yet this has continued. Moderators how can we resolve this issue of someone browsing under my account?
Please help apparently some unoriginal loser has nothing else better to do. So pathetic.

mermaidwhisperer
08-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Oh no :(

ShyMer
08-17-2013, 08:32 AM
Do you leave your account logged in on shared computers?

Echidna
08-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Eep, that's horrible. Why would someone do this?
Has said person posted stuff under your name?
I remember a few posts where I was just thinking, "huh? Sounds like a wholly different person has written this!?"

I changed my password yesterday yet this has continued.
This is very strange.
Even if you have a keylogger on your computer, it should take the hacker awhile to figure out your new password.
Does someone else have access to your PC?

Mermaid Oshun
08-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Only my husband is here with me. Ive noticed this at times when I was actually online. My activity showed me viewing threads I did not view. He was outside working in the yard with no computer while strange threads were popping up in my activity.

Echidna
08-17-2013, 09:26 AM
I admit I'm out of my depth here.
Sounds like a veritable hacker, and those are usually professionals who are after a lot of money;
they wouldn't surf on mernetwork and read or post stuff :eek:

I hope the admins can figure out what's wrong and resolve it.

Miyu
08-17-2013, 04:54 PM
By any chance are you on a laptop or PC with webcam? I know those things are supposedly easy as pie to hack into.

Mermaid Veruliya
08-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Maybe there's just glitches in the site? But oh my that's scary! My twitter was hacked by a weight loss spam and they changed my password, so I can only use it on my phone now. I was so mad. I sent twitter an email, hopefully they can help me

Ashe
08-17-2013, 09:33 PM
That's really scary! If it is a hacker, what would they want with a website full of mermaids? And why wouldn't they take the two extra minutes to simply create some sort of account?

Echidna
08-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Did the admins get back to you?
Was this resolved?

AniaR
08-21-2013, 05:41 PM
huh. That's weird. Admins paid for security software specifically so that wouldn't happen... you aren't accessing your account from other IPs? like cell phones etc? Changing your password should be more than enough. "hacked" doesn't really sound like it to me. Hackers usually have a specific goal, and anyone can sign up and make an account to see what you see so there's no point in taking over someone else's account