PDA

View Full Version : Mertailor Review

AniaR
07-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I've had my mertailor tail for just over a year now. I paid over 1000$ for it. Originally emailing back and forth with mertailor went very well, he was very quick to respond and polite. Originally his tails cost under 1k then went up to 1.5k and I messaged him with a plea for the lower price which he accepted. This was for a latex tail (before he made silicone tails)

The tail I wanted looked like this:
http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/42/6ec5d842c6ea4507b311c924a0845e27/l.jpg

The tail I got looked like this:
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/163115_1793319912423_1222432636_32071166_626107_n. jpg

When I got my tail it was 10 inches too short. This resulted in a tail that did not fit when swimming and during photo shoots needed to be photoshopped. I was told I must have messed up my measuring but I double checked what I sent and it was not what I received. The fluke also bubbled up and filled up with air and would float on the water surface while I tried to swim. I followed some advice to try and cut parts of it to allow the water to flow and then it simply became too heavy from the water trapped inside of it. You could also see the permanent marker used on the inside of the tail for measuring right through the neoprene and paint. The neoprene inside was very scratchy.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpg/cff3683466907855b7b63fb6cec2c54556dee897_r.jpg

I contacted the mertailor and originally was offered no refund or exchange. So I decided to try and make the best of my tail despite not really being able to swim in it. It was suggested to me to file the monofin down so it would slide deeper into the tail and the waist would come up higher. This only gave me a few extra inches - I still had a baggy waist and now my fluke was very baggy

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpg/2c826006f878eb8035ec78c421ff99d7b579db85_r.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUh6eCpWD4

After drama on the previous forum that preluded this site erupted many other users came forward to explain they had very similar tail issues and similar dealings. Raven of Merbellas offered to re-do my tail for me so it would fit, be re-painted, and re-textured. The result was astounding compared to these before photos, check out the after:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/162644_1793373833771_1222432636_32071250_3993437_n .jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/189964_192986677402750_183327321702019_524769_8348 162_n.jpg

Raven had done everything she said she would very quickly and even glued the monofin in place and filled the fluke with silicone to keep it from ballooning up. As you can see she repainted, retextured, re-sewed, everything you could imagine! The material fit like a glove, the tail looked amazing.

It would have been nice if my review/story ended there but it did not... Raven had figured out that the material my tail was made out of was NOT the standard neoprene of the other tails. Here is a photo comparison:
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/tailissues014.jpg

On the top is the extra ten inches Raven added of neoprene. it is soft, stretchy, with small fibers. On the bottom of the neoprene my tail is made out of, it is rough, had holes (when I bought it!) bigger fibers, and as I started to realize as I began using it again, continued to stretch very quickly with no elasticity despite all Raven's hard work. Pretty soon despite the fact she'd sewn it up to meet my measurements it stretched so it was again loose and baggy. In addition despite all her hard work the paint would not bond to the latex and I would continue to have issues where whole chunks of latex came off. I managed to do 2 dry events with the tail where it was perfect, then after the 1st water one it sadly fell apart. I do not believe it has anything to do with all the hard work of Raven but rather I blame it on the neoprene used as other mermaids with the same neoprene have had similar problems.

Around this time mertailor began having any negative posts about him removed from the previous forum. Many more customers came out with huge complaints. There were several anti-mertailor videos and lots of negative posting. Before I explain the rest of what happened I'm going to go back to my tail...

Here is an example of the outside of the tail (this is a paint job by me after I had to repaint it several times)to the left of the line is Raven's neoprene, to the right of the line is mine:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/tailissues009.jpgAs you can see their is a diffrence between how both the latex and paint have responded to the neoprene as well as usual wear and tear. The texture on the old scratchy neoprene has become warped and the paint refuses to bond.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/tailissues013.jpg
This was a hole on the inside of the tail that has been there since I got it, on the outside of the tail it results in a stubborn area where paint refuses to stay as seen here:
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/tailissues004.jpg

I also have issues where on the old neoprene bends and folds tend to stay for a very long time even if I wet the tail and hang it up it is very difficult to get these creases out

Now, to continue on with the story about mertailor, I made the best of my tail (still do). Mertailor continued to experience a bit of a downfall and then I decided I could get over it so long as he apologized for removing our threads and critiques. I wrote a big polite open letter and he wrote one back apologizing. I have since learned that it was in fact not him who apologized to me (or set things right with upset customers and fixed botched orders) but a friend of his who was doing their best to help him get out of the mess he created.

However I didn't know that at the time and was quite happy to move forward and pretty soon more people did too. I did my best to let it go despite the fact my tail was still frequently falling apart. In January I contacted mertailor to tell him I was happy things were moving forward for him and wished him well. He responded with a surprise that he would make me a new free replacement silicone tail (much like his goldfish one for Doreen Virtue) and he took my measurements. I was very happy about this, but I had been being nice to him BEFORE he made the tail offer. He said he was very busy and it may take a while- I was fine with that. It was January - winter where I live! I wouldnt need a tail til at the earliest may or june and of course I could make the one I had work until then right?

I continued to remain in contact with mertailor and give him advice on various situation and did my best to be a friend. Without getting too personal and emotional I can say that my opinions of another mermaid (despite trying to voice them respectfully) caused him to decide we could no longer be friends. This disappointed me and much of the behaviour that followed certainly was not professional in my point of view. When I got to July1st and no more mention of the tail (7 months later) I took matters into my own hands and decided to start fundraising for a MVD tail. I figured it would take me at least a year to get one and I had decided mertailor probably wouldn't give me a new one. However I was still kind to him. I did not expect a new tail. It's just frustrating when someone promises one. I have been accused of only forgiving mertailor because I wanted a new tail, but I hope people who were around will remember that back when I apologized to and forgave mertailor there had been NO mention of a free tail. I was kind because I wanted to be, because I wanted to move on. I have since let mertailor know he need not give me a new tail as I have other plans and I seriously doubt he ever intended to give me on to begin with. I wonder if perhaps he only offered thinking I would only be nice to him then?
(to be cont. In next post)

AniaR
07-11-2011, 12:23 AM
It wouldn't let me post that many photos or text so I had to keep going in this comment! This was taken from the rest of my post:

Finally I thought I'd talk about photoshop. Many people see my tail and 1) Do not realize it has been re-done by Raven and 2) Do not realize there has been a bit of photoshop. IN the above image I'd like to point out a) the fluke does not naturally stay stiff like that or in other photos I had to achieve that by flipping it and the photographer taking many photos. b) At the place where my heels go there has been a bit of photoshopping to lessen the bulge and wrinkles made by the heels. c) The seams have been blended a bit using photoshop to be less apparent d) discoloration and wrinkles have been edited out, colours have been brightened.
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/IMG_3225.jpg

Similar things have been done on this photo, you can see all the wrinkles around the waist and ankles were attempted to be smoothed out. There is still a big bulge where my feet are.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/IMG_3264.jpg

I had every intention of writing a brand new review when I recieved a new tail. I was more than happy to. But I do not have a new tail so these are the only things I have to say. Not everyone who orders from mertailor has a bad experience. he has been doing very well for himself recently and you need to judge things and people for yourself. Mertailor DOES read posts written about him and if you decide to write a post that is critical of him that will very likely affect how he treats you and does business.

I am all done with mertailor products I do not think that even if he became super famous I could buy another one of his tails. it took me a year to save up for this one and it has been a constant disappointment. I have spent a LOT of money maintaining it.

AniaR
07-11-2011, 12:28 AM
These are a compiled list of issues I had with my tail as well as things I dont like about it/them:

incorrect measurements
paint wont stay
fluke filled up with water and air, would float or become very heavy
paid 1000$ was not replaced or refunded
concerns about the toxicity of Alex Plus
you can see the seams very easily
costs a lot of $$ to maintain
lousy type of neoprene
came with holes

If you are considering a mertailor latex tail please consider my points as well as the following:

level of professionalism
reputation in the community
you should buy createx that matches your tail so you can fix it yourself
have you swam in a tail like this before? It is not like fabric
Are you able to afford the cost?
Some people are happy with the tails, some are not. Are you willing to take a risk?
Many tails arrive too late, with many issues, and or missing something (shell bra)

Positive things about mertailor's latex tail:

pretty affordable currently
comes with a monofin
realistic
swimmable (to a degree)

Mertailor claims to be so busy making tails but yet he finds himself enough time to digitally stalk anyone who says anything bad about him. He harasses website admins on websites and forums to remove anything bad about himself, works very diligently to censor anything bad about himself, and constantly brings his own drama with the community to his professional facebook page to get fans riled up and give out misinformation and bias.

I have decided since Eric technically did not honour our previous agreement- you'll recall I agreed to take down my anti-mertailor video if he apologized to me and the community- we thought he did, but it in fact was not him who wrote the apology but someone else- that I would put my video back up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUh6eCpWD4 this video really shows the issues with the tail originally, though does not show the current issues I am having with paint etc

MermanJesse
07-11-2011, 03:07 AM
The only problems I have had with my Mertailor "Splash, Too" tail is the fact that the mono fin hurts my wide feet. That is not Eric's fault by no means. Next time, if there is a next time, I will pay the extra for the Competitor Mono Fin.

I would suggest anyone with wide feet ask for a Competitor Mono Fin. They are very snug, but ever so comfortable.

The other problem is the stretching after swimming in it for a couple days. Other than that, I have not had any problems.

AniaR
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Jesse, your tails all look fantastic on you :)

Neria
07-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Did Raven make the headpiece and bra? They are very pretty :)

Neria
07-11-2011, 09:38 PM
by the way, i voted "i love it!" on the poll, but i meant i love the way your tail looks after Raven fixed it

AniaR
07-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Marina, Alexandrian also known as "Saphira Adaro (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saphira-Adaro/168506139882621)" (search on FB) Made the head dress, belt, and bra. She did a beautiful job :)

Mermaid Star
07-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Raina, I am sorry you have had such a hard time with your tail. I hope that the new one that you are planning to get from MVD will surpass your expectations. You are a beautiful mermaid and a wonderful sole. I wish you the best, because you deserve it. :D

AniaR
07-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Thank you star, I'd like to move past all the mertailor stuff just wont happen til I can get a new one. Im on the waitlist for MVD I dont think anything will happen til next year

Nessadelle
07-13-2011, 05:43 AM
First of all, I voted "I love it" in the poll simply because the tail, in my opinion, suits you. The tail always seemed to work with your hair no matter the color (You're just that amazing), and even when it was a piece of crud, you made it work, Raina. I am so proud of you for putting up with such a cruddy tail for so long! I am excited to see you in your new one. :)

I am planning to save for a MVD tail as soon as I finish fixing my current spandex one. I hope we'll have the chance to swim together someday! <3 :)

AniaR
07-16-2011, 09:33 PM
MVD has sucha huge waiting list! I hope we can all get the tails we want and deserve!

Princess Kae-Leah
07-16-2011, 10:46 PM
I voted "I love it"! The orange color scheme really suits you.

AniaR
07-19-2011, 01:53 PM
I have decided since Eric technically did not honour our previous agreement- you'll recall I agreed to take down my anti-mertailor video if he apologized to me and the community- we thought he did, but it in fact was not him who wrote the apology but someone else- that I would put my video back up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUh6eCpWD4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugUh6eCpWD4

AniaR
07-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I just realized you can file a complaint with the better business bureau about mertailor as seen here: http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/costumes-masquerade-and-theatrical/the-mertailor-in-crystal-rivercrystal-rive-fl-90007136 someone else all ready did!

Spindrift
07-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.

I wonder what happened there?

AniaR
07-26-2011, 11:48 PM
I was wondering too and I was wondering if he'd be forced to make a reasonable offer if you submitted a report?

AniaR
08-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Someone decided to ask Eric about my video, he'll probably delete ;)

I got some interesting comments on the video, havent checked them for a while because I dont use that account anymore...

haha did you know? Im a liar and I paid 100$ for my tail and I didnt measure right *face palm*

edit: yup he deleted it, oh look at that- surprised?

AniaR
08-17-2011, 10:50 PM

what can I say except this is the silliest move ever?

I have evidence and have shown it to back up every single one of my claims. I am not a "cyberbully" (why do people use that word when they dont even know what it means?) because I post a truthful review, have an opinion, and point out the law to people.

Dear Eric's boyfriend,
I understand you're his boyfriend and dont want to see someone you love in pain. Here's the thing, I have evidence of every single claim I make. You however, truthfully are slandering me, based on all the legal links I have provided. So what you are doing actually is illegal. And, I actually, especially after screencapping you, can press charges.

I would never stoop to the level of linking Eric on my page saying "this guy is a big jerk and a liar who sold me a crappy tail go report him and unlike his page" because I think exploiting people's fans who have no idea of the whole situation is a horribly wrong thing to do. It takes advantage of people and their ignorance. I allow my fans to make up their own minds and I would NEVER bias them against someone.

Calling me all of those things- is slander. I only imagine all of this is happening because Eric is scared and you want him to feel safe. When Eric stops harassing me and others because we post our negative reviews or catch him in a lie I'll have no problem ignoring him. However, I have every legal right to document and defend myself.

This was a very poor move. Did you just email everyone and tell them a bunch of lies?

This is what happens when people stand up to a bully. If I am really doing all the things you say- prove it. If what I have been saying is a lie- it should be very easy for you to disprove that to your friends.

IF I AM WRONG- WHY DO YOU DELETE EVERY COMMENT WHERE SOMEONE HAS A STORY SIMILAR TO ME, ASKS YOU A CRITICAL QUESTION, OR HAS A CONCERN?

AniaR
08-17-2011, 11:11 PM

Matthew, your boyfriend isnt telling you the truth here. I dont expect you to believe me, since I'm apparently such a big "cyberbully. " I'm not making ANY assumptions, I have screen caps, quotes, or otherwise proof of every single thing I've said. You can't prove anything you're saying about me, and calling me out like that, sending people to my page with lies calling me what you're calling me, IS harassment, and is 100% slander.

This is very disappointing behaviour for someone who is supposed to be a professional. I dont know of any other professionals that attack their critics or people who have complaints about their products. I just assume Eric is terrified of a repeat from the last time when someone hacked all his stuff, reported it all, and basically worked as hard as they could at revenge.

I never did those things, and I wouldnt. Im entitled to share my review, point out obvious lies, and complaints when I have proof. I would never stoop to the level you are in trying to get me to shut up. :\ Or to the level Eric has come to expect from people.

AniaR
08-18-2011, 01:09 AM
So! I just had a lovely chat with my Lawyer Steven about all of this.
Are any of you aware that "Legal Bully" is actually a term and offence? It's basically when someone does what Eric has been doing to members- threatening legal repercussions on the forum, threatening to sue people who say bad reviews, and threatening to sue people who make tails (poor Jesse- remember that drama?) and does it repeatedly. It's obviously not usually seen in cases of "costume makers" but more typically in family court when parents are trying to gain custody of their kids so they make accusations against each other and it goes back and forth- trying to misuse the legal system.

Libel it turns out (which is what slander is when you publicly publish it like on facebook) is actually an arrestable offence in both USA and Canada and is grounds for me to file a police report that would require facebook release certain informations to the officer that could prove other incriminating things.
I could easily sue from Canada it turns out as well for a civil suit. And it turns out, with all my evidence including email correspondence with Eric, my tail (as it's own evidence), screenshots of correspondence and comments, I can have a lawyer take me on contingency. I could file a suit for: tail not being what was agreed upon with no refund or , slander AND libel, and if FB sends information to the police- harassment, legal bully, and for punitive damages against my business by attempts to wrongfully damage my reputation. (his only proof Im harassing him and being a cyberbully [which btw applies to CHILDREN] is that I am posting my true review and comments with proof. Anything that I dont know to be 100% sure I always post a disclaimer)

Steven suggested to me that I or lawyer send Eric a letter explaining this requesting libellous comments be removed or I will press charges, or he can keep them up and pay me damages.

I like to give people a chance to correct their mistakes. If eric wishes to re-publish an unbiased link to our review section asking for positive posts instead- that's one thing. I have no problem with him (or his boyfriend) saying "There have been some negative reviews about me being posted here I would appreciate if people would post their responses or their positive reviews" there is no LIE there, no slander, no libel. So if he'd like to replace his comment like that- then he is not responsible if someone causes me trouble. However, according to the links I posted in a previous thread on libel and slander, he is responsible for the actions that take place on his FB page because he is able to delete them, and for those that harass me in his name because of his inability to stop said slander. So, delete the posts and refrain from posting untrue things about me on your professional page, and I will not send a letter, and press charges.

edit: I would like to add, Im not out to ruin your business. As an upset customer Im entitled to make a complaint and warn people to research long and hard. But I'd be a happy person if you stopped all this drama with people like me, Sita, Iona, and mernetwork in general and focused on fixing the issues with tails and making people happy. Because you can. You have a gift and there's no denying you can make it work WHEN YOU WANT TOO. I'm not like other mers youve fought with. my end goal is not to have your business ruined- my end goal is to get you to stop bullying the community! About things like bad reviews, about copying and stealing ideas, and twisting around people's complaints as if they're their own fault. Take responsibilities for your actions, for real this time. Not have someone else do it or write it for you. Then go do good things and make dreams comes true. I would stop watching everything you do if I felt it was safe to do so- but youve all ready caused so many issues I would be an idiot to ignore you because the second I do you pull these things.

I could do a lot WORSE then writing honest reviews with proof. I know an awful lot about you, a lot of your close friends that you've cut off have told me a lot of things too, Ive talked to a LOT of angry customers... but I dont fight dirty. I have a review- I post it in the review section because that's appropriate. I have not and will not post it on my facebook page because that's inappropriate and manipulative of my fans. Do you not see how I could easily have caused you so much more trouble and I have chosen not too because my end goal here is not lets cause mertailor a bunch of trouble! It's, let's show mertailor he can't threaten us for goodness sake!

I dont want to spend the rest of my time as a mermaid fighting Eric the mertailor. I just want you to back off the threats and back off the community if you cant handle it. I was the first person to "forgive" you when you had Linda write an apology and move on long before the other mer. It was dumb on my part since you were lying, but it should still show you how easily it is for me to let go and move on when someone agrees to do the same.

AniaR
08-18-2011, 10:52 AM
I would like everyone to know, after making this post- the comments on Eric's page were deleted. Which was what I asked for. In addition, I was sent a formal apology both on my email, and posted on his page.

Eric and I agreed that it would be better for both of us, as well as the community, if we both made a sincere effort to co-exist peacefully regardless of our difference.

This does not mean I forgive, that I will take down my review, or never ever speak about the mertailor. It means I will work hard to keep things in perspective and post what and when it's appropriate and try hard to keep things unbiased without grudge. As I said in my big giant message above- my main goal here is not to see Eric miserable and out of business- I simply wont tolerate actions toward me or others that are inappropriate. I dont want to spend all my time and energy dis-crediting mertailor, I simply was at a point where the second I let my guard down things like this happened.

I hope Eric has learned from this experience and I hope he continues to learn. I want more mermaids in the world and I dont like spending all my time angry.

I just don't like people's ignorances being exploited- I've posted lots of links now about copyright, slander, and other legal issues that seem to come with mermaiding. I hope people will take the time to learn because this goes with being a professional- and then they can stand up for themselves instead of me.

<3

AniaR
09-02-2011, 02:46 PM
People are always asking me for before and after pics and unedited pics so I wanted to show some examples.

My original tail- the first time I EVER posed in it
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/038/3/a/mermaid_full_stock_1_by_raine_angelstock.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/038/3/e/mermaid_full_tail_stock_3_by_raine_angelstock.jpg

This is before It started degrading- when I first got it. It's still too short in these photos and doesnt cover my butt, waste too big, fluke all floppy and full of air, you can see the fit isnt very well. But you can see the colours were mostly nice- they just faded SUPER fast.

Compared to my most recent photos since Raven fixed it, but I've also been using it a lot so it's worn out

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/238/7/1/mermaid_pose_stock_18_by_raine_angelstock-d47wjrm.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/231/1/8/orange_mermaid_water_stock_13_by_raine_angelstock-d476ao7.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/238/e/c/mermaid_pose_stock_21_by_raine_angelstock-d47wkl0.jpg

you can see how drastic the difference is :) but you can also see all the stuff I would normally photoshop out too.

AniaR
09-02-2011, 02:48 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/231/8/f/orange_mermaid_water_stock_12_by_raine_angelstock-d476a82.jpg

here's a good example of the water bulge/air bulge issue I have- you can see that giant bulge of water in the fluke

Nim
02-18-2012, 09:56 AM
I thrown away my money with Mertailor! :mad:

MermaidSophia
07-04-2012, 06:50 PM
You go, girl! I really want a mertailor tail... but now I'm re-thinking it. :thinks:

AniaR
07-04-2012, 07:31 PM
there are so many more issues than what I've posted here. Better up-to-date account here: http://rainamermaid.tumblr.com/post/25308616171/why-i-dont-suggest-buying-from-mertailor

Merman Ray
07-05-2012, 03:54 AM
It looks like from reading this thread that this "Mertailor" is someone who did not actually have enough experience building tails, and not enough experience doing business.

If I were to ever become a tail maker I would practice a LOT before making tails for sale. I would only want to put out great work. But that is me.

Mermaid Cascada
07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Raina I am sooo sorry this happened to you. Thank-you for posting this. I was actually thinking of getting a tail from him a few minutes ago... It and happened to soo many other people to. When I read the reviews on his website they all had great thing to say. I guess it was to good to be true. A lot of the reviews say that he made mistakes on the measurements and gladly fixed it. In my opinion they were mistakes that never should have happened. Now I know to never consider spending my money on a tail I may never get or a tail that isn't correctly made from the Mertailor.

AniaR
07-05-2012, 05:23 PM
meh, I have a super awesome new tail that's amazing, so Im really not too upset about it anymore. I'm more upset about the amount of my friends who keep getting screwed over and needing to take legal action to get money back, and the amount of people who are STILL having THE SAME complaints I had YEARS ago. The only reason I even keep my review up is because this stuff still happens. If it didnt, I'd gladly take it down.

I dont think everyone who gets a mertailor tail is unhappy, some people could care less if they need to fix things , but people should know just the same what they're getting into. He watches my posts religiously on here and makes responses on his FB, but if people are still showing proof (photos, screencaps etc) then there is still room for improvement.

Mermaid Cascada
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
I think he makes amazing tails and is a wonderful tailmaker but I hope he will pay more attention to his costumers and his work, because I don't know if he realizes that the tails he makes for people are not just tails to them, they are a dream come true. He made a mistakes and hopefully he will learn from them.

Mermaid Esther
09-28-2013, 10:40 PM
That is just UNACCEPTABLE!

AniaR
09-28-2013, 10:53 PM
it was years ago, I'm over it, just tired of his continued inappropriate behaviour toward members of the community.

Mermaid Esther
09-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I'm glad you are over it!

Mermaid Esther
09-29-2013, 01:14 AM
Dear Mermaid Raina,
I am 10 this year and I want to let you know that you are my favorite mermaid. Out of all the mermaids in the world, you are my favorite.You inspire me do to many things. The first tail I ever falled in love with, was yours. One look, and I was in awe. Just having you reply to my reply was a great honor!

Imogen Finnly
03-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Raina, the way handled this situation was so elegant and beyond amazing. You honestly are great. I notice you are honest yet a cool cucumber in a lot of your posts. Its great. Very refreshing dude.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Mermaidgirl1987
11-24-2015, 02:58 PM
I purchased a tail from Mertailor as well, I have had it for about 3 years now and have only worn it once. I had the same problems. It took 3 months to long to receive it and when I sent in an inquiry, I received a very rude responce back stating, that it was a busy season and you will get it when we are done with it. The First thing I noticed upon receiving the silicone tail was that it was the WRONG COLOR!!!!!! How does that even happen????? Especially when I spent several hundreds of dollars on merchandise? After trying to contact Eric, I was told pretty much sorry, all sales are final..... So that pretty much puffered my fish..... But, I decided that I could make due with the awful color because I needed it do work for the summer and I didn't have another 5 months. I swam with it once because, all the measurements were completely wrong, the tail did not fit my body despite sending in the appropriate measurements. I was heartbroken. But the thing I was most bothered by the most was that his business was unwilling to fix the mistake. Honestly it was like they made a "mistake tail" and wanted to get rid of it and send it off to someone. You can imagine my disappointment as I spent so much money on it and was really hoping to have my dream become a reality. I am hoping that next time (which will be soon) I truly hope I find someone much more passionate about their customers and merchandise.

Mermaid Alea
11-24-2015, 06:11 PM
Mermaidgirl1987 you can write a review of the Mertailor here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1227-Mertailor
Your review can be helpful to give other possible customers insight on exactly what could happen if they order from the Mertailor. Unfortunately this kind of thing keeps happening to people who go with the Mertailor. Some people get very lucky and do get a functional tail from him, but others are not so lucky and have the same or more issues like what you have stated.

If you meet other mers considering buying from him, you can now give them some personal insight on what they can expect. We try to warn new mers about the risk they take when buying from the Mertailor, but we can't reach everyone unfortunately.

I am really sorry you had to go through this. Mernetwork has lots of tailmakers listed to choose from so I am certain you will be able to get your dream tail someday from someone be it Merbellas, Finfolk, Siren Studios, Pearlie Mae, etc.