PDA

View Full Version : "Dolphin Tail"

Mermaid Saphira
09-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Everyone has heard of the dolphin named Winter who lost her tail right? Now they are making a movie of it! I have always cherished her story and I really want to go and see it soon! I even have the DS game for it (little childish though but hey!) Is anyone as excited as I am to see it??

~Aqua~

Aquatarian
09-02-2011, 07:50 PM
MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! *raises hand*

When I heard they were making this movie I went nuts. And with Morgan Freeman? I can't wait. Hopefully it will give some more attention to cetacean causes.

HBMermaid_Angela
09-02-2011, 08:20 PM
I got to see her several years ago (before she had her new tail)! She really is a little miracle....she has so much personality and I feel is a true inspiration to everyone out there.

Mermaid Saphira
09-02-2011, 08:22 PM
L-U-C-K-Y!!! I have ALWAYS wanted to go and see her!!!!

mermaid hannah
09-02-2011, 08:38 PM
OMG! I JUST SAW A POSTER! IM SO EXCITED TO SEE THISSSS! I WOUULD LOVE TO SEE HER! WHERE IS SHE LOCATED MAYBE ON ONE OF MY TRIPS ILL BE AROUND THERE AND FORCE MY FAMILY TO COME!

New York Mermaid
09-02-2011, 09:31 PM
she's in Clearwater florida.

HBMermaid_Angela
09-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Clearwater Marine Aquarium - They are a non profit organization. The only animals they "keep" are those that can not be released back into the wild. They also otters, and sea turtles. http://www.seewinter.com/

A lot of the movie was filmed on location. I'm originally from Florida and went to USF for my Master's degree in Tampa (about 30 mins. from Clearwater). It is a beautiful beach with some of the best sand in the world...it feels and looks like baby powder. Also, Busch Gardens theme park is near there, if you were to make a trip there.

Mermaid Hamant
09-02-2011, 10:26 PM
I saw her a couple of summers ago! I am so excited to see this! The preview always makes me cry. ^^ When we saw her she did not have her tail on because she only wears it a few hours a day to practice. She was so beautiful!

Mermaid Saphira
09-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah me! My relatives live in florida! I totally wanna go and see her on my b-day!!

Moonflower
09-04-2011, 04:25 AM
I saw the preview the other day and (though it might have had something to do with the Pixar movie I'd been watching just before) was INSTANTLY in tears! I can't wait to see it ^_^

HBMermaid_Angela
09-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Moonflower - It makes me teary eyed too!

kazekoh
09-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah~ I actually found her by looking up monofins of all things! She is such a cute little thing~ She seems so happy whenever she has her tail on too. :>

Mermaid Saphira
01-02-2013, 09:03 AM
This post is slightly out of date, but...
Did everyone get the chance to see this movie?
How did you enjoy it?
It was definately a tear jerker for me...I loved it ^-^ <3

SeaGlass Siren
01-03-2013, 02:07 PM
i saw it, i have the film. was very cute. especially love what they added at the end.

OceanicStory
01-08-2013, 10:25 AM
This post is slightly out of date, but...
Did everyone get the chance to see this movie?
How did you enjoy it?
It was definately a tear jerker for me...I loved it ^-^ <3

I've seen it around, and it always catches my attention on store shelves. I really don't watch many movies (I'm more of a reader), but if it's as good as you say it is, then I might just keep it in mind. :)

Merman Dan
01-08-2013, 11:20 PM
My family and I live in NC. Every few years, we head down to Disney World for a vacation (I should put vacation in quotes, there, as any trip with the kids is too much darned work). The last time we went my youngest daughter, Mermaid Coralina, wanted to see Winter. We had planned to see friends nearby anyway, so we decided to visit the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Yes, the facility is no SeaWorld, but you'll never meet a nicer bunch of folks. We got to see Winter and view other exhibits and their efforts in rehabilitation. My favorite was the stingray touch tank. I have always loved those but when my wife caught me taking pictures of the tank, its plumbing, and its filtration, she promptly said "NO!". Alas, she knows me too well.

When we returned home I sent them a thank you note along with a donation.

MerAnthony
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I saw this movie not to long ago and it is very inspiring movie.