PDA

View Full Version : UNBOXING of Mertailor Silicone Tail

Mahi Mermaid
08-28-2013, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wqpVfM09qf4Check out the unboxing of the full silicone mermaid tail from Mertailor

Mermaid Cascada
08-28-2013, 12:29 PM
I am so sorry that your tail isn't what you wanted. And you have every right to be upset because you spent a lot of money on it! I think you could have bought a car with that kind of money right? Maybe ask what paint and what kind of silicone he used so you can repaint it? I really hope everything works out so you can have the tail you wanted.

MerEmma
08-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Gahhh, I'm really sorry about your tail. I think it looks really nice but that he put different colors than you requested is just completely, freaking wrong. The fins don't look like what you said you requested and I think you are completely fine with not liking it. Was the fit at least all right? What do you plan to do with it? Gahhhh, I'm sorry.

Mermaid Cascada
08-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Are you going to post a review? If you do can you post pics of the seams? I'm so sorry :( your tail should be exactly what you want! Especially for the amount of money you spent on it.

Mermaid Julz
08-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Total crap he did this to you. He should of fixed the errors you noticed before when you talked to him. Him refusing to do so would of make me request a FULL refund right then and there. You made it clear to him what was wrong, he refused to change it. I am so glad that I am making my own and not ordering from him.

Mermaid Danielle
08-28-2013, 12:51 PM
It's a beautiful tail, but I'm sorry it is not what you asked for. :(

Mahi Mermaid
08-28-2013, 12:58 PM
140231402414025 So the tail fits, its a little short. I ordered it to go above the belly button but it comes to my belly button. The seams are not bad at all. They look great actually, a little gunky in some parts but pretty good. This is a great tail. It's just not what I asked for...

MermaidSaku
08-28-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. : [ I was sorta hoping to buy a dream tail soon and thought hard about getting a silicone tail from the mertailor but now I have alot of new things to think about. : /

ShyMer
08-28-2013, 01:32 PM
it looks rather bunchy at the ankles- do you think it's possible you just haven't worked it up far enough on your waist?

Merman Arion
08-28-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. : [ I was sorta hoping to buy a dream tail soon and thought hard about getting a silicone tail from the mertailor but now I have alot of new things to think about. : /

you have to search deeper in the mertailor thread to see what kind of tail maker he is actually. :(

Ariel-Starfish
08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm really sorry to hear this! :( It's so not fair!

Mahi Mermaid
08-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Anyone interested in trading tails---I'm open to offers!!

Talia
08-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Sorry to hear about that, Krystal! I cannot imagine the disappointment when it was not what you were hoping for. :(

Phoenix Mermaid
08-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I would like to say great unboxing video! :clap:
Sorry that it wasn't what you wanted though :sad eyes:

BayouMermaid
08-28-2013, 05:02 PM
It is beautiful, but I'm sad that he didn't stick with your colors. For that much money, you deserve to get what you asked for. :(

Mermaid_Dominique
08-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Already knew your story but I loved your vid. I hope someone is willing to trade it/buy it, and that you get the tail you dream of!

AniaR
08-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Good Luck

Kae
08-28-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm glad you made this video, I knew the story but didn't know all the things wrong. He should have offered you a full refund and resold the tail himself. Or remade the ENTIRE tail and sold the old one himself.

I'm sorry this turned out so badly for you. Perhaps if it doesn't sell right away you could try painting it the way you want it?

P.S. I think "scheme" is pronounced "skeem"

Lyna
08-28-2013, 07:39 PM
That sucks that it isn't what you wanted. I personally cannot stand Eric because of not only his shotty work but because he is arrogant as he is rude, but I must say...that tail is beautiful. I think people re starting to become way too nit picky about tails. Yes, he didn't care enough to pay attention to the fact that he did the design backwards...but every artist in any field is going to have their style in it as human are not photo copiers now magicians with a wand to create what you see in your head, they can only see and understand what they see in theirs. I hope that it fits. Mine was done all sorts of wrong and never did. It was never fixable. He refused to fix it. Nothing good can come from him unless you are famous regardless of how much you spend. I don't understand why people continuously return to him.

Mahi Mermaid
08-28-2013, 07:40 PM
My boyfriend and family say the same thing, they can't believe I went back to him (after having problems the first tail)...I just really believe in second chances and like to see the best in people!

Mermaid Myu
08-28-2013, 08:38 PM
You're a kind soul to try to give him a second chance, but he completely betrayed your faith and offered you the worst customer service I have EVER heard of! I can understand that there is a certain margin of error when it comes to art/artistic license, but for you to tell him that he put the wrong model dorsal fin on and he flipped the design, and for him to respond that he WILL NOT fix it (not cannot, because he can, he just won't) is absolutely unacceptable. Unacceptable.

You should really make this official and make is a Better Business Bureau complaint.
http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/costumes-masquerade-and-theatrical/the-mertailor-in-crystal-river-fl-90007136

Mermaid Octavia
08-28-2013, 09:08 PM
I've shared this on my Facebook wall, hoping others will learn from this experience. I hope you can find some kind of financial recourse. You paid (very handsomely) for a product that you did not receive. Too many errors for that kind of money. I really hope you report him or something!

Miyu
08-29-2013, 04:35 AM
I agree 100%. If I'm shelling out a ton of money for a dream tail, it doesn't need to be OMG SO PERFECT THE ANGELS SHINE ON IT, but I would at least hope the colour scheme, style of fins, and general patterning was correct. It's your DREAM tail for a reason; when you get it, it's supposed to be what you envisioned.

I just saw your tail on Ebay, was figuring it was something like this why it was being sold new.

It's a beautiful tail, I really admire it, but it's not what you ordered.

That would be like ordering a burger at a restaurant and getting a cheeseburger pizza... I wouldn't just say the chef has "artistic license", I'd say that's not what I ordered.

Well, hopefully someone who wants a (actually pretty, but not what you wanted) tail without the wait will buy it from you on Ebay...

Merman Arion
08-29-2013, 05:54 AM
You're a kind soul to try to give him a second chance, but he completely betrayed your faith and offered you the worst customer service I have EVER heard of! I can understand that there is a certain margin of error when it comes to art/artistic license, but for you to tell him that he put the wrong model dorsal fin on and he flipped the design, and for him to respond that he WILL NOT fix it (not cannot, because he can, he just won't) is absolutely unacceptable. Unacceptable.

You should really make this official and make is a Better Business Bureau complaint.
http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/costumes-masquerade-and-theatrical/the-mertailor-in-crystal-river-fl-90007136

I agree to 100%.

Lady Aurelia
08-29-2013, 12:34 PM
That's so unfortunate that you weren't able to get the tail of your dreams. I remember back when I was little, maybe around 11, I found the mertailor and I've seen him grow from making fabric and spandex, to neoprene then to silicone, but I've noticed he only seems to give his best foot forward when it's a tail for promotion, for celebrities, or for extremely well-known mers such as Mermaid Melissa. I do hope things get better from here on out for you.

Mermaid Star
08-30-2013, 12:42 AM
You might want to talk with Oceana and see how she was able to get a full refund from him since her tail was not what she ordered.

Mahi Mermaid
08-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Really?

Sephina
08-31-2013, 09:52 AM
When my mertailor tail came, and was basically falling apart, too big, too short, and the paint was flaking off I told him I was going to talk to a lawyer over it to see what I could do. Within minutes I had a full refund. Though if you are going to tell him that you will be talking to a lawyer, actually do it. Because empty threats of legal action I beleive is considered illegal.

Patches
08-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Wow it's a shame that you didn't get exactly what you wanted. That sucks and I feel for you. :/ I can't imagine having my dream tail not turn out exactly how I want): Id want every detail to be perfect!!

Prince Calypso
08-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Anyone interested in trading tails---I'm open to offers!!

Sweetheart, If i had a tail of equal or greater value i would definitely trade with you just so you could have something you actually want and like.
I'm sorry you had to go through this.

Merman Arion
09-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Everyone, check Eric's latest post on Facebook. He's bashing Krystal publicly. :(

Mermaid Oshun
09-01-2013, 10:00 AM
oh wow I just read Mr Ducharme is giving his side of the story.:
"Good morning facebook! I have been sleeping on something and thinking about it quite some time. I was just not sure how defend my company or myself publicly but it has to be done and many of my facts were finally confirmed. This may be petty but my voice needs to be heard. There is too much negativity spreading on the Internet about this situation and it needs to be put to rest. PLEASE NOTE: I would typically not do this, but untruthful statements need to be corrected for the better!

Recently I created a custom silicone mermaid tail for a young woman who I ended up giving a very generous discount for due to her sob story. She wanted a full silicone mermaid tail with extra fins but could not afford the entire price of the tail. Because I wanted to be a nice guy, I decided to discount the entire tail for her. The original price of the mermaid tail was approximately $3,500.00 and the sale price was approximately $1,900.00.

The design and color concept was chosen at the very beginning of the purchase in May 2013. When I attempted to run the credit card payment when the order was received, it was declined. I tried running a few more times and still declined. Evidently the customer was having complications with her credit card. I ended up having to take small payments over the course of a short period of time. Keep in mind that I do not accept payments. Payment is required in full before I begin working on any products. Final payment was made on May 17th 2013.

From the very beginning of my correspondence with the customer, I felt I was nothing but respectful and understanding with her. I kept her updated with the mermaid tail’s production to the best of my abilities and replied to her Email correspondence within a timely fashion every time.

I had sent the customer a few photos when the tail was completely assembled and put together before it was going to be painted. I wanted to make completely sure that the customer liked the tail and placement of the extra fins. It turns out the customer was extremely happy as she had reposted the photos on her facebook page stating how excited she was and that all that needed to be completed was the paint job.

When I received was I thought was the clear I began confirming the paint job and color concepts with the customer. She confirmed what she was looking for and told me to use the colors as follows: Black, Yellow, and White. Maybe some orange and pink and a few other colors deepening on which way I decided to go with the design. The design the customer wanted me to replicate could have come out looking like a cow. She stated she wanted to make sure I did not make her look like a cow and that I needed to make sure to do what I did with paint jobs and make it special. Each artistic has their particular style. That is what makes each artist unique. The customer knew from the beginning when she purchased the tail from me that I was going to put a twist on the design to fit my artistic style.

The customer could not settle on one specific color concept and I told her she needed to send me ONE color sketch of EXACTLY what she wanted me to recreate to the best of my abilities. So she finally ended up sending me a color concept from that she had another tail maker create for her. I was a little skeptical about replicating a tail that another tail maker had originally designed for her. She assured me that it would be ok since the design was made specifically for her. I told her that it was not going to look exactly what she sent to me. I was going to put a little twist on it to make it a little more differently. Nothing major, just making it my own work. The customer specifically told me to do what would look best. It was up to me to decide how to arrange any additional colors to make it look good.

I spent one week painting this customer’s mermaid tail. I rarely spend that long painting a tail, but I did this to make sure I took my time and focused on the small details.

From the beginning the customer wanted me to use iridescent and pearly colors. Thankfully the color concept she sent to me had a purple, blue, and, silver, and white iridescent look to the fluke. I used these colors in the fluke (as it showed in the drawing) and throughout the extra fins on the tail as I thought it would look best.

I posted photos of the tail being painted on my facebook page as well as sending the progress photos to the customer. She liked it. She never said she didn’t like it. All she asked was if I was going to add more color to certain areas. I explained to her that I was completed with the design. I had worked on this enough and I thought it would be in the customer’s best interest not to add any more colors, as it would not work well with the design. I know from experience putting the type of color and placing the color where she wanted would not look good and would asked to be removed. She was mainly concerned about the iridescent blue and purple on the tail. She said she did not want or approve on those colors. However, those colors were located Cleary on the final color concept she sent to me. So I painted the tail to resemble the final color concept she sent to me.

After denying the customers alterations after I was completed with the paint job, she took the liberty of spamming my facebook page with posting the same comment. Something along the lines of “This is not what I ordered. This is unacceptable. I do not approve of this. This needs to be changed”. At this point I was very aggravated. I spend the last 13 weeks creating this mermaid tail and spent a week painting it. Not to forget the very hefty discount that I had given to the customer.

Once the customer accepted the fact that I was not altering the paint job, she threatened the idea of selling the tail on Ebay before she even received the tail. I told her I would rather her sell the tail on Ebay to someone who would appreciate the tail for what it was. I thought it was extremely questionable that she had already thought about selling the tail on Ebay before she even got to see the tail in person.

Before the customer received the tail, within a short time she started to post comments and form the beginnings or a review on a Mermaid Forum, which in no time formed into a huge drama fest. The customer started to tell lies and untruthful statements about the mermaid tail and ordering process. The customer stated a few things that were not correct with the tail. She did not approve of the color design. She said the tail was made to the wrong measurements (without trying it on first). She stated the fins were not correct (she saw and approved the placement and style of the fins when I sent the first assembly photo for her to approve weeks back). She stated that I was nothing but rude and ungrateful to her (generous discount of nearly 50% off and nothing but understanding throughout the ordering process). She said that tail was 6 (six) months over due (the tail was created within 14 weeks and knew it would take that long). She claimed the dorsal fin was not the one she chose (It was the dorsal fin she chose because that is ALL SHE COULD AFFORD). She stated the hip fins on the side of the tail were not what she wanted (She approved the original photo of the tail assembly with the placement of the fins).

I had seen all of the customer’s comments and post. I was extremely hurt. Most of what she said was untruthful. She even got a “friend” who was a member on the Mermaid Forum involved who continued to flare the customer’s untruthful statements. At this point it was nothing but drama.

I was over it. I wanted to send the tail out to the customer immediately. I shipped out the tail UPS Ground. The customer expected me to pay for overnight shipping, which she did not pay for. She even had the audacity to contact me to ask if I would send her a FREE matching scale top and a DISCOUNTED smaller version of the tail for her new born baby. I told her no, absolutely not!

So I sent out the tail UPS Ground as originally planned. When the tail was finally received, the customer created a “Review Video” on Youtube. This was not an honest review. It was a video with nothing but untruthful statements and comments. The drama continued and the customer had gotten many people to believe her false statements. Many of the untruthful statements she made had already been posted on the Mermaid Forum and on my facebook page.

When the tail was received the customer admitted to trying on the tail, letting me know if fit correctly. After this Email message I found out that she had listed the mermaid tail on Ebay for the starting auction price of $2,000.00 or a “Buy Now” price of $2,700.00. I could not believe what I was seeing!

I had exchanged a few last Emails with the customer. I let her know how I felt and I let her know I thought this was a setup from the very beginning. She did not respond.

According to some of her friends who had recently contacted me for my side of the story state that she has done this before. She has purchased a mermaid tail from at least two other companies, slandered their name, and resold the tail for twice as much as she originally paid for it.

This woman is a liar. She is ungrateful. She is a very miserable person who I feel very sorry for. I will never undersell myself for a customer, never again. None of you have to believe me, but I know what I did was right. I am not the one that has to go to bed every night knowing I told lies to make myself feel like a better person.

Thank you for hearing my side of the story!"

PearlieMae
09-01-2013, 10:15 AM
:thinks: hmmmm...

MerEmma
09-01-2013, 10:21 AM
WOW.
Now I'm really confused.

shimmygoddess
09-01-2013, 10:26 AM
me too. To me it looks like the original design....

Mermaid Syrena
09-01-2013, 10:35 AM
So confused right now. A couple of the details are vastly different, or omitted, in both sides of the story....

Merrow Erie
09-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Well fuck.

It looks like the design, but isn't that a merbella template?

It's a gorgeous tail either way.

New York Mermaid
09-01-2013, 11:06 AM
what she wanted me to recreate to the best of my abilities. So she finally ended up sending me a color concept from that she had another tail maker create for her. I was a little skeptical about replicating a tail that another tail maker had originally designed for her. She assured me that it would be ok since the design was made specifically for her.

He admits it was a design from another tailmaker who made the design for her. So maybe its a merbella template but by the sender, not Recreated by mertailor.

Mermaid Melusinah
09-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Everyone, check Eric's latest post on Facebook. He's bashing Krystal publicly. :(

"Bashing" and presenting FACTS and EVIDENCE are not the same thing.... :/

Merman Arion
09-01-2013, 11:15 AM
"Bashing" and presenting FACTS and EVIDENCE are not the same thing.... :/

You might be right. I apologize for the wrong choice of word. :$

Lady Aurelia
09-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Oh dear. I have to agree that the design does look like the concept and Eric did provide evidence...it's not looking so pretty so far I'm afraid.

http://i500.listal.com/image/4825709/500full.jpg (http://www.listal.com/viewimage/4825709)

Mermaid Cascada
09-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Meh... This is some really crazy chum. At first I was like wait... What but now I'm starting to see (at least I think) what's going on here. Super confusing.

Mermaid Melusinah
09-01-2013, 11:45 AM
You might be right. I apologize for the wrong choice of word. :$

Not a big deal at all! Just some times have to be careful. Just don't want to see any one come at you for an accurate word usage (though we are ALL guilty of it! Truth!) about silly drama that doesn't involve anyone but those involved in the first place.
I just hope that it can be handled in a professional manner on both parties by those involved. I thought that Eric was fair and respectful in his presentation of the evidence...

PearlieMae
09-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Where is Judge Judy when you need her?

Mermaid-Rose
09-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Look at what mertailor just posted

Patches
09-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Oh dear. I have to agree that the design does look like the concept and Eric did provide evidence...it's not looking so pretty so far I'm afraid.

I do, now, have to agree.
The paint scheme looks exactly like the drawing.

Mahi Mermaid
09-01-2013, 12:53 PM
He's got some good computer skills!! He totally fabricated that form and made it look legit, I'm impressed. Guess you'll do anything to defend your business. Good for him.

Mermaid Syrena
09-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey Krystal. I know a lot of us are looking for some details to be ironed out before we form a proper conclusion... I guess the questions in my head right now are:
1) Was the part about the discount giving true?
2) The Mertailor claimed that the dorsal fin - the one you weren't happy- was the one you chose because of price range options. (which I completely understand, mermaiding is expensive business!) Is that true?
3) Did you, in fact, also request the free scale top and additional discounted baby tail from the Mertailor?

These might seem like tangential questions, but I just feel like a cohesive answer might help me form a better perspective right now...

MerEmma
09-01-2013, 01:02 PM
I do, now, have to agree.
The paint scheme looks exactly like the drawing.

I've thought so all along however I don't pay much attention to detail all that much (just kind of who I am I guess) so I thought that it was just me. :b

Ariel-Starfish
09-01-2013, 02:44 PM
:jawdrop: :confused: ==> :nocomment:

Merman Arion
09-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Where is Judge Judy when you need her?

I don't think that she will be useful... Too scared of this upcoming drama.

http://i48.tinypic.com/5a3ig.gif

Kae
09-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Krystal, could you post the original template? The one you sent him so we can see the difference?

Mermaid Cascada
09-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Krystal, maybe post your reciepts and forms?

Mahi Mermaid
09-01-2013, 05:20 PM
"When someone is guilty, they become aggressive when defending themselves. An innocent person will question the reasons they’re being blamed rather than become defensive. A liar will try to keep communication to a minimum when it comes to the person they’re lying to. If they must talk to this person, they will be visibly uncomfortable on most cases. Liars don’t emphasize different parts of their speech while someone who is telling the truth will accentuate the important bits of information in a story.Liars tend to speak more than necessary or change the subject immediately after lying." http://yanswersblog.com/index.php/archives/2011/06/14/how-to-spot-a-liar-or-more/ I'm not calling the Mertailor a "liar" I'm just quoting some information about how people react to situations such as this one. He continues to make a big deal of this, while I'm just trying to get my money back. Keep in mind that I've never spoken badly of him or "slandered" his name. Yet he has said many unpleasant things about me. And has had "hate" people contact me on his behalf. I'm not going to post any of the emails we wrote back and forth, nor am I going to post my bank information for when the money was taken out. This is rediculous. I can't even believe it's gone this far. Bottom line: I ordered a tail that I didn't approve of, I never spoke badly of the tailmaker, I'm only trying to get the money back that I put in.

ShyMer
09-01-2013, 05:59 PM
If you're not calling him a liar, I'm not sure why you quoted that paragraph of text.

Maybe you don't have to post anything, but the mertailor's post is very specific and looks convincing. Besides saying that he changed the form, you haven't done much to defend yourself. I think people would feel much better about your side of the story if you provided details. Sure you don't have to, but this is your reputation, and if you care about that, then you'll set the record straight.

Mermaid Citrine
09-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Word of Caution about Mermaid Krystal (aka Krystal Patrick, Krystal Bernowski)

I have kept my mouth shut for over a year about my dealings with her because I am not the type of person who likes drama of any kind and usually if I deal with an unscrupulous person, I typically just ignore them and move on. But recently I have seen Krystal apparently treating others similarly to how I was treated and its really erking me everytime I see her pull the same b.s. again and again so I'm sharing this to clear the air and clear the names of others she may have dealt with and is trashing.

I first met Krystal last year when her and I decided to split a room at MerPalooza 2012. We met on the MerNetwork so I had not met her previously. We exchanged some emails and phone calls and she seemed to be a nice normal person like me so I decided to room with her, but throughout the weekend, she repeatedly tried to not pay her share for things like the rental car (which we had also decided to split) tolls on the road and other money she asked to borrow from me for drinks at a bar. On our last day, literally on the way to the airport, I finally just took her to an ATM and demanded she get the money she owed me for the weekend.
I could go into more detail about her personality and other things she did that weekend but I think that's enough of the big facts to give you a picture.

Another thing she was doing all weekend (even when people called her out on it) was telling people that she made her tail. The tail she wore was made by the Mertailor and she repainted it and modified it with some extra fins but she told everyone who asked that she made it outright. As an artist myself, this really pissed me off. Its one thing to buy custom art and modify it, but that does not make you the original creator and I think artists should be given credit where credit is due. A few people would even comment "You made that really ? It looks just like a Mertailor tail ?" and she would continue to lie over and over and assure them "No I made it completely myself" I didn't say anything at the time because I was just trying to make it through the weekend with her and we were sharing a room so I didn't want to incite her into doing worse things like stealing my stuff or something.

Flash forward a few months and there is another controversy with her about pictures of her in a Mermaid Magazine in which again she states that she makes her tails while wearing either a FishButts or Mertailor Tail in the photos for the magazine. Again, disrespecting the original artists and lying. Then it comes to light (on the MerNetwork) that she had purchased a FishButts tail, then trashed the Tail maker, repainted the tail and resold it for a hefty profit. She recently tried this again with her latex tail from Mertailor by trying to sell it for hundreds more than she bought it for after trashing the Mertailor publicly the first time. I cannot confirm if she did sell that one or not but she did make a posting about it being for sale on the MerNetwork.

At Merpalooza she told me how horrible the Mertailor was and how she tried to get a free tail from him in the past by stating that she was a 'disabled veteran'. Then she ended up purchasing one anyway and repainting/modifying it. I was very surprised after trash talking him so much, that she approached The Mertailor at the Pool Party and asked if she could try on one of his new silicone tails and I was even more shocked when Eric actually let her ! I thought this was very kind of him, especially given her history of trashing him and his work but he must not have known all the terrible things she had been saying about him so he graciously let her try on and swim in his new tail. After she swam in the tail, I asked if I could try it on as well before Eric had to take it to the convention but she kept it on the whole time until he had to leave so I never got a chance to try it on myself. I thought this was very selfish of her but typical for how she had been behaving.

After the convention, despite her behavior towards me, I still sent her numerous photos and videos I had taken of her with my camera and she never even thanked me for them. She also never apologized to me for her behavior that weekend. As for the money, this sums up her attitude/scamming: When I brought up the money she owed me that she had borrowed she stated "Well you shouldn't have lent the money to me if you didn't want me to have it" or something very similar. I just laughed in disbelief and explained that "I LENDED you money as we agreed upon, I did not GIVE you the money" and then I took her to the ATM and waited for her to get what she owed me for the weekend.

Krsytal has also in the past, taken a photo of Hannah Fraser and photoshopped her face onto the photo and used it as her profile picture on facebook. That was until I and others called her out on it, then she created a new page and the picture disappeared.
Now, presently she is trashing the Mertailor again about a silicone tail that she paid 1/2 price for after begging him for a discount. I saw the design sketch and the final tail and I think Eric did an accurate and beautiful re-creation of the design concept. Like I have heard other artists say, "We are not photo copy machines, every artist has their own little style they bring to the table" The way that Krystal is trashing Mertailor again and trying to now sell the tail for hundreds more than she paid for it is just sounding too familiar and making me wonder if this was her plan all along. Perhaps she begs tail makers for a discounted tail, then re-sells them for profit and that is her plan all along. Either way, I find her behavior very unscrupulous and I have finally broken my silence because I'm tired of seeing her lie over and over and try to hurt others.

Based on all this, I would be very cautious in doing any business with this person.

Mermaid Citrine
09-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I take my time before I make charater judgements of people. I'm the type that sits back and observes behavior over an extended period of time looking for patterns.
Well I've seen enough so that's why I posted this.

Now you've all been warned. Krystal, had you actually apologized for the way you treated me last year or gee even said "Thank you" one time for everything I did, perhaps I would believe your recent compliments to me, but its clear you only reached out to me again when you wanted something from me (like how I dyed my hair and how I made my latex tail) so sorry I'm not buying it anymore.

I sincerely hope you come to terms with all this and perhaps get some counseling. I have known master manipulators and pathological liars before and your lies will always catch up to you. If you don't want to be a loner your whole life, you should really get some help for this, so people can trust you.

Best of luck

Mahi Mermaid
09-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Nice personal attack "Mermaid Citrine".

Mahi Mermaid
09-01-2013, 06:28 PM
I wrote this email to the Mertailor, asking to keep it between just him and I but per his response I've decided to just put it out there:"I just wanted to address your post on FB,

-What "sob story" did I give? All I did was ask that you sell me a used tail, that was the start of our conversation this year, and eventually you didn't give me that option anymore and just suggested I get a new tail. It was you who gave me the offer, not me "begging" for it.

-The initial payment did decline, but you got your money, and it wasn't in "payments" it was all done the same day. I have no idea why it took separate transactions..but that's besides the point

-I was not happy with the initial tail. I told you right away that was the wrong dorsal and asked you to put on another, you said you wouldn't. You dind't just put the one that "I could afford" on it.

-I asked you to add in "pink" but that was the only color, right away you said no. I agreed. The entire time the only colors on the tail were yellow, black and white. You know that.

-The first picture you gave me was Aug 3 of the unpainted tail, you didn't paint it for weeks later.

-I never said you were "rude" or "ungrateful" never.

-I asked for a top because the first time you sent me a tail when it was late, you sent a top. I figured you would do the same. That is all.

- You never emailed me saying you thought you were "Set up" I don't even know what that means...I guess you're saying that I knew I would sell the tail the whole time? No I wanted this tail, very badly. But it wasn't what I ordered and I dont like it. I told you I didn't like it. I only let you send it out to me so that I could repaint it myself, something you did not help me with. Once I found out it couldn't be repainted, I had no use for it.

-What companies have I purchased from? I only purchased twice from YOU. I purchased from Fishbutts, it was sent unpainted and with dog hair on it. And there was no monofin. That was resold.

-The last part "This woman is a liar. She is ungrateful. She is a very miserable person who I feel very sorry for. I will never undersell myself for a customer, never again. None of you have to believe me, but I know what I did was right. I am not the one that has to go to bed every night knowing I told lies to make myself feel like a better person."

Really? I mean really? I have not said one bad thing about you, not once. With all the troubles I've had with you and the tail(s) being late and not correct, I still stuck by your side.

I don't want this email to be posted anywhere, this is for YOU and you only to see. I am all done with this drama, it is rediculous. And for a business professional, you should not allow people to speak so badly of your customers. People calling me "cunt, twat, cow, bitch, etc...." is completely unacceptable and you should know better." I had originally wanted this to stay between him and I but after the email that he just sent me I thought I should share it.

AnnaAbyss
09-01-2013, 07:13 PM
If you ever want to sell it, I'm here! It was my birthday on Saturday and all I've been wanting for the last year and a half is a tail. Don't wanna sound like a beggar ._. I saw it on Facebook and personally I loved it. Lolol xD Sorry.... :3

Miyu
09-01-2013, 07:46 PM
:O_o: So... much... drama...

OK, so let me get this straight... You originally wanted a used tail - which automatically means not the colours you said you wanted. I'm assuming you wanted a used tail because it was more in your budget. Instead, he offers to make you your "dream tail" for a massive discount. As far as I can tell, he followed the colour template extremely well, of course adding a few of his own artistic touches - which is exactly what happens when someone else makes a tail for you... If you want your tail to be EXACTLY what you have in your mind, either you make it yourself, or you pay out the a$$ to have someone do it for you. Each tailmaker has their own style, that's kind of the point of ordering from a tailmaker.

So you listed on Ebay... for damn near the full cost of a new, not-discounted Mertailor tail. Automatically, you are making a profit off of someone elses' work (Unless you can provide screenshots of your invoices and such showing that you paid the exact price you got from selling it, though the fact that several people have said it would befit you to post these and you still haven't yet leads me to believe that if you do, they'll be photoshopped), which is WAY not cool.

You got a discount; did you think that meant he was going to put the most expensive dorsal/other fins on it?

You don't ask a vendor/artist/whatever for a free anything. EVER. This is not acceptable. I understand you got one from him before; that was HIS decision to do it the first time. You don't just ASK someone to give you free stuff. Seriously... *shakes head*

Why did you take down your review? If it was entirely truthful, and actually a review instead of just Mertailor-bashing, then it should be left up for all to see. The thing that struck me about your review, though, was the fact that you had already made up your mind before you even opened the box. You had that annoyed, pi$$ed-off voice that says "I don't like it", even though you hadn't even seen it or tried it on yet. You said several times that there were all these colours in it that you didn't want, but those are the same exact colours in the template... Though I noticed you never mentioned that pink wasn't in it in the video.

If you were wanting so badly to have a used tail, then why on earth are you so upset about this one? It looks just like the colour template, except a little more realistic and less "harsh" than the colour template is. As for not being able to re-paint Mertailor's tails: First of all, what is this magical substance that prevents you from re-painting it? Raina's Mertailor tail was repainted. Also, I would think that whatever makes you unable to repaint it (which, as I understand, involves mixing silicone and pigment, then putting it on top of the silicone tial) would also prevent it from being repaired (i.e., putting more silicone on it), which I think would be a totally ridiculous thing to do as a tailmaker. Secondly, I can totally understand Eric not wanting people re-painting his tails, for a couple of reasons. First, you can tell a Mertailor tail by its style. Any experienced mer can pick out different tail makers on sight. If someone does a sh!tty job repainting the tail, and someone else recognizes it as a Mertailor tail, well that kind of makes him look bad. Secondly, I'm sure he (just like every other tailmaker) would not be happy hearing about people who repaint their tails, then claim that they made the whole thing.

If you were planning on doing a repaint anyways... and if apparently no tailmaker can live up to your standards... then why don't you just make your own tail?

PearlieMae
09-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Man, I go for a swim, and when I get back, I find the excrement has come into violent contact with the rotary oscillator!

Merrow Erie
09-01-2013, 08:33 PM
This is like mermaid junior high.

I'm going to have to break out some Fall Out Boy and Good Charlotte. Who else was big in 2003-04?

Blondie
09-01-2013, 09:07 PM
If I remember correctly, the Fishbutt you ordered from Stevi was supposed to be unpainted, Krystal. Then you proceeded to paint it yourself, then you say you're upset that it's not painted? I remember when Stevi posted that picture and said the customer requested an unpainted tail.

Honestly, I think I'm going to side mainly on Eric's side here. His evidence is very solid. It seems rather honest too. And I don't think he would go through the trouble of editing your photo of your tail. To be honest, the design looks rather spot on. I don't know if I could say I believe his story 100% but, I KNOW Eric has made a major effort to amp his business up. I really don't think he would mess up that badly after all this work he has put forward to make his business better than ever.

Here's something we're still waiting on seeing is the original template you WANTED for your tail. Where is that?

From what I've noticed with you, Krystal is that no matter what tail you buy, you never are pleased with it. It's always it's nonfunctional or all wrong. And seeing the Mertailor's response solidifies this for me. I don't know if it's that you like to complain or your ideas for your tail just keep changing but... Out of the what, three or so tails you've had none of them are what you wanted? Seems a tad improbable.

-What "sob story" did I give? All I did was ask that you sell me a used tail, that was the start of our conversation this year, and eventually you didn't give me that option anymore and just suggested I get a new tail. It was you who gave me the offer, not me "begging" for it.

I have seen you use the "disabled veteran" sob story on the Network before. Not that it's just a sob story but, just because you're a disabled veteran doesn't mean you're entitled to discounted and free things all the time. I respect that you are a veteran. I don't however respect people who think that because they have a disability believe they should always better special treatment. I don't know if this is the story you used that he's referring to, but again, I HAVE seen you use it before so it's my best guess.

And you got a discounted tail. A highly discounted tail that is. Honestly, for what you paid, you got a gorgeous tail which is the design you gave him. Then to ask for a top with that and a presumed discounted baby tail? Seriously? Even from Citrine's story, it sounds like you have an issue with paying for anything. I know you were looking for a top because you had a thread going that you were looking for a new top. So did you just assume since you were getting a tail you could mooch out a free top too?

I'm disappointed... I really am.

Miyu
09-01-2013, 09:17 PM
PearlieMae: That is an awesome sentence :D

Erie: I think it was also Modest Mouse and My Chemical Romance... Evanescence was still pretty big then. Actually, I like all these bands. Can we have an old-school mermaid jam? :p

Mermaid Cascada
09-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Krystal, just post the reciepts and whatnot if you want to prove yourself innocent but at this point I'm really starting to think you're a scam artist. You're not showing any real proof at all. Why would several mers create this elaborate story to make you look guilty? I have to say I sat and watched as you scammed fishbutts and now Im starting to think your doing the same thing to the Mertailor. Why would he create this very crazy detailed story if its not real? How would it benifit him? Sorry but unless you have real proof Im calling bull shark on your claims.... It really upsets me you'd do this.

PearlieMae
09-01-2013, 09:36 PM
This is like mermaid junior high.

I'm going to have to break out some Fall Out Boy and Good Charlotte. Who else was big in 2003-04?

This is what was popular when I was in junior high: http://www.bobborst.com/popculture/top-100-songs-of-the-year/?year=1974

I'm a old.

(PS Moonlight Mermaid: Just doing my part :D )

Mermaid Octavia
09-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Is the video review gone? I posted it to my Facebook wall thinking I was helping someone in need and now it's disappeared and all these stories have popped up. I went to delete it from my wall and found it's already gone. I have to say that all this information coming to light is making me rethink my stance tremendously.

Elle
09-01-2013, 10:02 PM
She actually has a photo of the mertailor tail (unpainted) on her FB and in the comments she doesn't say she is unhappy with the layout of fins or anything like that (which I would've thought you'd do if you got a photo of your tail with incorrect fin placement), just that she's excited to get it once it's been painted.

And the tail sold apparently. $2700

Mermaid Nixie
09-01-2013, 10:03 PM
When I saw the Mertailor's picture post of the tail ... I thought how absolutely beautiful. I would love to have had such a brilliant tail for that price.

Mermaid Tula
09-01-2013, 10:03 PM
I just went through my viewing history and her video was 'deleted by user'.

MermaidSaku
09-01-2013, 10:14 PM
wooow O...O That Drama

Blondie
09-01-2013, 10:19 PM
She actually has a photo of the mertailor tail (unpainted) on her FB and in the comments she doesn't say she is unhappy with the layout of fins or anything like that (which I would've thought you'd do if you got a photo of your tail with incorrect fin placement), just that she's excited to get it once it's been painted.

And the tail sold apparently. $2700

And she only paid $1,900 for it? I almost feel like the rest of that should go to Eric...

Elle
09-01-2013, 10:39 PM
And she only paid $1,900 for it? I almost feel like the rest of that should go to Eric...

Indeed....I feel he's been jibbed

MerEmma
09-01-2013, 10:42 PM
I can't find her FB? :\

Mermaid Syrena
09-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Wow, mer-fight. I can just SEE the glimmering fins thrashing through the churning seawater...

Honestly, though, Krystal, this is very disappointing. You have not addressed ANY of the questions directed at you-- you've just either ignored them altogether, or flamed them as "personal attacks". Question-asking is for YOUR benefit. If you're innocent and can defend yourself, it will show. I also think it was unnecessarily snarky of you to put Mermaid Citrine's name in inverted commas. Just sayin'.

Also, not cool how you relied on the fact that some people here aren't on stellar terms with the Mertailor- to further your own (financial) cause. I hope you get someone reliable you can speak with, and get the help you need.

marvelmermaid1939
09-01-2013, 10:47 PM
This is some crazy mer drama huh :/

MermaidSaku
09-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Lol

Merrow Erie
09-01-2013, 11:01 PM
moonlight: HOW COULD I FORGET MCR.

I need to make a middle school drama mix tape. Except I was weirdly never involved in drama except once. This one bitch yanked my hair when I was trying to walk away, and I punched her in the face. Apparently that wasn't cat-fight etiquette.

Miyu
09-01-2013, 11:14 PM
LOL Erie, we should totally make a school drama mix tape... though for me, those years were High School, haha! The most drama I have ever been in (outside of relationships, yeesh) is on these forums, actually, but that's what happens when you join forums, I suppose (hence why this is my first forum since H.S., LOL).

Merley
09-01-2013, 11:17 PM
I love MCR. Or I did before they came out with their last album. It sounded so different, so unlike them. Anywho I normally don't participate in these threads for many reasons:

a. It just fuels the drama
b. The outcome normally doesn't affect me either way
c. I don't know anyone personally, so see b.
d. I just came here to learn about the business/hobby of mermaiding and to make friends

HOWEVER, there are a few things about this certain situation I don't understand. Like if your (Krystal) goal was to scam the Mertender as you apparently have with other tailmakers, why bother posting this here, or a review at all? Why pull Eric's name further through the mud; how does that benefit you? You apparently got what you wanted, a high quality tail at a severely discounted price, and you still had the option of reselling it on ebay and Eric wouldn't have ever known, nor would anyone else for that matter if you hadn't complained about it here. So, why go through all the effort of discrediting tailmakers who already have enough legitimate complaints if you still accomplished what you wanted regardless? As for being 'disappointed' with people on these forums, I see this kind of reaction a lot and I personally don't understand it. Unless you know this girl irl (in real life), what makes you a moral authority to say you're disappointed? By the looks of her in those pictures, she's a grown adult who obviously chooses to act this way, so why waste your time or pity on someone who obviously doesn't care. Not a stab at you or Anything Cascada, just a question. I'm only disappointed in the fact it's getting harder and harder these days to figure out whose telling the truth and what's just a lie. This is terrible for both tailmakers and customers and makes it more difficult to make a decision on where to buy.

Miyu
09-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Sadly, MCR recently broke up :( I had a teenage angst day LOL. Yeah their new album was different; they all got married and had kids, so they got happy haha.

Waikiki Mermaid: Your d) is pretty much why I came here as well. I don't understand the need to start drama in the first place.

I do appreciate hearing from both sides, though.

Kae
09-01-2013, 11:50 PM
We're like Mer-detectives! I think I've seen enough evidence to make an educated decision.

I'm siding with the Mertailor. I know he's done a lot of bad things, but I believe he's trying to get better and is doing his best. This whole thing from krystal's side is all very fishy and lacking hard facts and proof. Meanwhile, the Mertailor posted a professional response with receipts and email snippets.

I'm actually sort of glad this is all out in the open, I will be a tailmaker in the next couple years, and now I know to be careful.

Theta
09-02-2013, 12:07 AM
LOL Erie, we should totally make a school drama mix tape... though for me, those years were High School, haha! The most drama I have ever been in (outside of relationships, yeesh) is on these forums, actually, but that's what happens when you join forums, I suppose (hence why this is my first forum since H.S., LOL).

I love MCR. Or I did before they came out with their last album. It sounded so different, so unlike them. Anywho I normally don't participate in these threads for many reasons:

a. It just fuels the drama
b. The outcome normally doesn't affect me either way
c. I don't know anyone personally, so see b.
d. I just came here to learn about the business/hobby of mermaiding and to make friends

HOWEVER, there are a few things about this certain situation I don't understand. Like if your (Krystal) goal was to scam the Mertender as you apparently have with other tailmakers, why bother posting this here, or a review at all? Why pull Eric's name further through the mud; how does that benefit you? You apparently got what you wanted, a high quality tail at a severely discounted price, and you still had the option of reselling it on ebay and Eric wouldn't have ever known, nor would anyone else for that matter if you hadn't complained about it here. So, why go through all the effort of discrediting tailmakers who already have enough legitimate complaints if you still accomplished what you wanted regardless? As for being 'disappointed' with people on these forums, I see this kind of reaction a lot and I personally don't understand it. Unless you know this girl irl (in real life), what makes you a moral authority to say you're disappointed? By the looks of her in those pictures, she's a grown adult who obviously chooses to act this way, so why waste your time or pity on someone who obviously doesn't care. Not a stab at you or Anything Cascada, just a question. I'm only disappointed in the fact it's getting harder and harder these days to figure out whose telling the truth and what's just a lie. This is terrible for both tailmakers and customers and makes it more difficult to make a decision on where to buy.

Forum reputations are important around here because when all is said and done, this is a small community where a lot of money gets tossed around. We have to trust each other for tail reviews, which influence where large sums of money are spent. Did you see ask the people at the start of this thread who were getting mad at Eric? That kind of thing can cost him thousands of dollars, and it was unwarranted. Plus, there have been issues before with reselling tails that got bad reviews on this site for full price. People got hosed. Everyone around here functions on the honor system; if you lie about tails or tail makers you're just screwing people over. If everyone starts doing that then the community breaks down. That's why reputations are important in this forum.

Merman Arion
09-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Man, I go for a swim, and when I get back, I find the excrement has come into violent contact with the rotary oscillator!

The same. I was sleeping through the night (it's 6:30am in France) and my phone just kept rigging and vibrating because i subscribed to MerNetwork threads, including this one. I get back and i see that a lot has happened without me. Way to go to wake me up and give me a shock. Now, i'm completely awake.
Honestly, i'm speechless about what i'm learning from everyone here, coming forward to share their thoughts. I'm changing my opinion about Eric and from now on, i will do my best to keep a neutral choice of words. That's all i will be saying.

Miyu
09-02-2013, 12:29 AM
nirix5: I suppose that's a rather constructive way of thinking about why we still read these types of things! :) I do actually appreciate threads like this, so I can see different angles. I used to think that Mertailor was totally 100% stuck up and that I would never buy from him. I've come to the conclusion that occasionally I do like his tails (some of the really gorgeous, unique ones, like the tail that was originally posted about), and that perhaps in the future, when I have the means, maybe I'll end up with a product of his.

And really, the tail in this thread is gorgeous, I'm sure whoever bought it is going to be extremely happy with it :) It's so dark and beautiful, I'd love a tail like that!

Mermaid Syrena
09-02-2013, 12:30 AM
As for being 'disappointed' with people on these forums, I see this kind of reaction a lot and I personally don't understand it. Unless you know this girl irl (in real life), what makes you a moral authority to say you're disappointed? By the looks of her in those pictures, she's a grown adult who obviously chooses to act this way, so why waste your time or pity on someone who obviously doesn't care. Not a stab at you or Anything Cascada, just a question. I'm only disappointed in the fact it's getting harder and harder these days to figure out whose telling the truth and what's just a lie. This is terrible for both tailmakers and customers and makes it more difficult to make a decision on where to buy.

Actually, I completely understand how people would be disappointed EVEN if they don't know Krystal in RL. Knowing the person in RL is irrelevant. Just because something occurs in cyberspace doesn't mean that it's not going to affect you in RL, and it certainly doesn't mean you don't get the right to feel certain ways about certain situations. I personally think it's valid to feel disappointed, if one does- because this is about the mer-community. Yes, we have our little differences of opinions- but on the whole, the mer-community is founded on trust and respect. Mers are so supportive of each other, because they feel the other person would have their back as well, if they needed it. So when something like this crops up, that blows a big hole in the foundation. People who had been on one side lending a listening ear and sympathising feel like they've been unfairly used.

Just because mermaids are creatures of fantasy doesn't mean our feelings are make-believe, haha.

That being said- I agree that people shouldn't try to come across as high and mighty moral authorities. The way we should be responding is as concerned, disappointed, gently probing sisters and brothers.

AnnaAbyss
09-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Haha I come back and it's soldddd D: xD Haha oh well. Nevermind... ~Flies away~

ShyMer
09-02-2013, 12:34 AM
I think it would be wise to stay cautious of the mertailor, but it is nice to see him try to help someone out.

Blondie
09-02-2013, 12:54 AM
I'm disappointed a mer on the Mernetwork would do this.

We're all rather classy mers who are above doing that. Or so I hoped we were.

Merman Arion
09-02-2013, 01:05 AM
I'm disappointed a mer on the Mernetwork would do this.

We're all rather classy mers who are above doing that. Or so I hoped we were.

Gotta looooove Monday...

it's time to call for the big bulldozer of drama, isn't it?

:bulldozer:

Mermaid Citrine
09-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Agree 100%. This is not petty drama to entertain people. This is about people repeatedly lying and potentially hurting others by false statements that can impact someones' business as well as properly informing others in the community about doing business with someone.

"Forum reputations are important around here because when all is said and done, this is a small community where a lot of money gets tossed around. We have to trust each other for tail reviews, which influence where large sums of money are spent. Did you see ask the people at the start of this thread who were getting mad at Eric? That kind of thing can cost him thousands of dollars, and it was unwarranted. Plus, there have been issues before with reselling tails that got bad reviews on this site for full price. People got hosed. Everyone around here functions on the honor system; if you lie about tails or tail makers you're just screwing people over. If everyone starts doing that then the community breaks down. That's why reputations are important in this forum."

Echidna
09-02-2013, 01:45 AM
I have known master manipulators and pathological liars before and your lies will always catch up to you.

So have I.
The post quoting what a liar is was very tell-tale; Eric was NOT defensive, he was very rational and calm. In his place, I would have been livid.
It's dumb to repeatedly pull scams off in a small and tight-knit community.

I don't think you will find many people commiserating you the next time you try.
Hope this will be the last time you can scam someone else.

I expect her to make a new forum alt presently...:rolleyes:

Nausicaa
09-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Forum reputations are important around here because when all is said and done, this is a small community where a lot of money gets tossed around. We have to trust each other for tail reviews, which influence where large sums of money are spent. Did you see ask the people at the start of this thread who were getting mad at Eric? That kind of thing can cost him thousands of dollars, and it was unwarranted. Plus, there have been issues before with reselling tails that got bad reviews on this site for full price. People got hosed. Everyone around here functions on the honor system; if you lie about tails or tail makers you're just screwing people over. If everyone starts doing that then the community breaks down. That's why reputations are important in this forum.

I ABSOLUTELY agree!

In all honesty, I think that we can understand that this site is more or less a "gateway" to the mer-community and is most likely the only place that potential customers can find reviews on all of the different tail makers on the web, other than their own individual sites, therefor we should try to take pride in being an unbiased source of information about them and their artwork.

Even if someone isn't interested in joining this forum, it is either the first or second choice on ANY search engine when one types in something like "mertailor review" or "merbella studios tail review" so whether everyone likes it or not we are the most consulted authority online, so though it's easy for us all to just point the finger at tail makers and say "oh what a jerk, always starting drama etc. I'll never buy from them blah blah blah" IT DOES MATTER TO THEM. a bad review on this site could potentially cost an artist thousands of dollars in lost revenue.

I can 100% understand why Mr. Ducharme is upset and I really respect him for posting all of the facts and defending himself. So while I do agree that this should eventually be moved to the drama thread, we certainly shouldn't write of the situation so easily, because this kind of thing is a big deal! Especially when the claims made by a member of the site can be proven to be false. I'm not trying to make mountains out of mole-hills here, but this is the kind of thing that could lead to a lawsuit against the site itself as well as individual members of the forum for making false claims and really doing detrimental damage to a business that's run almost purely on reputation, and I don't think ANYONE wants that.

AniaR
09-02-2013, 09:51 AM
wow, I go to the hospital and you all have so much going on and for once I'm not involved in the drama!!! lol

I just want to say, I have had similar opinions of Krystal as Citrine said, because I had been told things from many other people (remember that whole insider information thing). When there was the drama a while back about the article being published with her claiming she made the tails and no credit, I commented on it in the forum because I read the article and that's what I got from it. THere was a bunch of drama and I was called a liar blah blah blah when anyone could pick up the article and see it for themselves. This was the pattern I had been seeing from the start (the buying and reselling tails for markup), and when this drama here started with the tail I decided to just be neutral as much as I could because it seemed clear from my notorious round of drama in january that people didn't want anyone "outside" to say anything. But I'm really glad people have spoken up finally, and that everyone else is seeing what a few of us saw months ago. Because this has been my genuine concern with this. And while, I have no personal connection to the situation, I still feel like incidents like this reflect the whole mercommunity and end up causing problems for everyone, and I think it's IMPORTANT they get spoken about. To me, Drama would be if everyone was posting here "haha Krystal/mertailor sucks" or something of the like, discussion of an event that happened and trying to figure out the truth shouldn't be considered 'drama'.

As to my own two cents about this, Metailor is on my shit list right now for his two faced emailing scheme he pulled on me, but even I have to say it looks to me (and did from the start) that the tail was exactly as had been ordered. At a discount no less. Even I can't argue against that, and I'm pretty biased against Eric. My only criticism of the tail is that you can see the monofin (or is it two fins?) right through the fluke, and I wouldn't spend 2k+on a tail where you can see that.

As far as Krystal goes, I don't know what the deal is here. We can only speculate and speculate since it's very clear we aren't getting all the evidence and truth from BOTH sides. Neither sides has the reputation for telling the truth, so how do you really know? I am glad people are finally noticing the pattern, but having been on the receiving end of community back lash I do feel sorry for Krystal and I hope she's able to figure this all out. If there's anything I've learned from my own drama trials, it's that you gotta compromise. You don't need to change everything about yourself but it's good to learn from the community and perhaps change how you DO things.

PearlieMae
09-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Brava, Raina!

MermaidSaku
09-02-2013, 11:47 AM
And i know about all that already xD i just saw that he was doing alot better and was thinking about getting my most expensive tail from him. lol

Mermaid_Dominique
09-02-2013, 01:27 PM
This thread taught me that I need to look at both sides of a story before I jump to conclusions.

and well said Raina!

Mermaid Cascada
09-02-2013, 01:33 PM
To answer the question: Im disapointed because I took the time to reply to this thread when it was first posted. I'm pretty sure i was the first one to reply. I was truly sorry for Krystal. But then all this new info comes to light and I feel like an idiot for feeling sorry in the first place. It's not just me who's disapointed in Krystal. It's like saying I broke my leg. And then someone says "I hope u feel better!" And then... Wait a second I didn't break my leg and I lied to you! And you fell for it! Know what I mean? Oh and p.s. I hope you feel better Raina.

Mermaid Julz
09-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I retract my former statement here in this thread..... and then selling it for such a profit.... and dodging questions... As for the veteran thing... i really don't know if you are or not, but any vet I know would answer questions asked them without hesitation.(including myself). Krystal, sorry, but i think what you did was F.U.B.A.R. ! Being that you got the discount you did, then you should of sold it for no more than you paid for it if you were truly dissatisfied with it. That would of been the right thing to do. As for Eric, my thoughts will be changing a bit....

greenman692003
09-02-2013, 09:57 PM
You said it best. I bought one of his tails 2 years ago and had all the same problems, that everyone else has had including the Arrogant and rude Attitude.

eyes2theocean
09-03-2013, 02:28 PM
NOOB confession:
I came to this forum specifically to find out if Krystal's side of the story was legit.

I've followed the Mertailor only (compared to y'all) recently, after seeing what I thought was a mocking and negative feature of him on My Weird Obsession or some such show on tv. I have since grown more interested and intrigued by the fantasy of getting a stunning tail to wear when I freedive in Hawaii, and am THRILLED to have access to these forums, where I can see and learn more about individual tail makers, and attempt to get the most from my money when I do shell out.

However, after lurking around and trying to get a feel for which tail-er is preferable, some of the negative feedback about the Mertailor made me wonder if his fb post (in and of itself, I find posting private dealings with customers to be questionable) was different from the customer's actual experience.
I am relieved that my original gut instinct was correct, and that the customer was/is in fact one of the scam artists that tend to successfully take advantage of small communities that have a strong online basis. I've seen such antics before on other forums, scam artists creating a sob story and getting money, goods, or services from kind-hearted others in the community, only to be revealed later as profiteering trolls. It's sad and heartbreaking for those who are duped, and it's sad for the communities themselves as they feel betrayed, infiltrated, and suddenly there is a vibe of suspicion against all.

I deeply hope that this (seemingly vibrant and caring) community recovers quickly from this event, I hope to become an active member going forward, so in time I can pursue my own tail-dreams, well informed and with the best possible results.

AniaR
09-03-2013, 04:02 PM
That doesn't mean all complaints against him are bogus though FYI.

Mermaidmechanic
09-04-2013, 01:58 PM
My experience with Mertailor is positive. He produced what I wanted and maintained great contact with me throughout the process. I have a hard time believing that he would deny someone adjustments if they asked for them even after receiving the tail. He's been very accommodating and before he sent my tail, asked me if there were any changes I wanted before he sent it. Additionally, after my tail managed a small tear (a problem not that uncommon to full silicone tails) he immediately expressed concern and offered to fix it (i'm waiting until it gets too cold to swim until I send it out). I am by no means a "special" customer (as I've seen many people say he only produces exceptional quality products to celebrities and the like) and I believe that my tail is given the amount of care and detail deserved by any paying customer. I try hard to stay away from this sort of thing, but I most certainly side with Eric on this. If I am wrong, then may I drown in a shallow pool for being such a terrible judge of character.

AniaR
09-04-2013, 05:05 PM
I think there are instances where a tail maker IS in the right to DENY changes... I think this is just one muddled situation and it's hard to know the truth because neither party is known for telling it. :/

Mermaid Esther
01-13-2014, 12:56 AM
i can't see the video

Elle
01-13-2014, 01:04 AM
she deleted the video shortly after she was outed

Merman Arion
01-14-2014, 11:58 AM
she deleted the video shortly after she was outed

More than that, she also deleted her infos and her profile picture. But not to worry, she is still reading the forum so I guess she's fine. She's just staying out of the drama that occurred back then.