PDA

View Full Version : Wildfire

taom
09-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Ok, so I'm posting this here (instead of "Everything Else") because it is majorly affecting the environment right now.

In Central Texas right now, we are battling intense wildfire. I'm talking so much fire that if you gathered it all up into one place, it would be the size of Conneticut. I have most recently heard that over 600 homes have burned to the ground and two people were trapped and killed by the flames. Also, the high school in that district is gone so there is no where for them to attend school (what with the over crowding we are already dealing with). Thousands of people have been displaced many with little to no insurance and no where to go. The fires have been raging with 0% containment since Saturday. It is insane down here right now.

The point of all that is to help spread the word about what has happened. I live right next to where this is all going on and somehow didn't find out until a day after the fires started. I think it is important that every part of our country know when one part is hurting. That way, the rest can help that one part heal.

Thanks for reading my rant. XD