PDA

View Full Version : petite mermaid problem

thevirginiamermaid
09-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Hey everyone I am a first time mermaid. I am planning on buying my mermaid tail from "magictails" and have a question about the sizing. I am a petite 18 year old female with a 29 inch inseam and a very small waist but bigger hips and thighs. The magictails does not offer custom sizing, and I don't know if I should get a small (made for children 8-10) or a medium (11 years-small woman). The measurements for the small (left box) and then medium tail (middle box), and my measurements are in the far right box. The tail is stretchy fabric so I'm only slightly worried about it not fitting but I do want to be able to fit the tail over my bum. by the way the "length of my leg" is 29 inches.

Waistband

19-25 inch

27-34 inch

25 inch

Seat

21-27 inch

29-39 inch

32 inch

Length of leg

27-33 inch

27-33 inch

teeth4u
09-03-2013, 11:00 PM
I've never had a magictail but I totally understand your petite issue. It's hard to find stuff with such a tiny waist once you're taller.

Anahita
09-04-2013, 12:30 AM
For fabric, it's best to put less stress on the seams, the material stretches, but the seams don't always stretch as much. Fabric also has the AWESOME benefit of being able to have an elastic band sewn in to fix gaps caused by non-custom sizing. So if you don't know whether to go up or down a size, choose the size that will accommodate your "seat", as this is likely where the tail will end up tearing if you go smaller. The gap at the wais is usually nothing, and if it is, it can be easily fixed by tacking some elastic in.

Merman Arion
09-04-2013, 03:32 AM
Hey everyone I am a first time mermaid. I am planning on buying my mermaid tail from "magictails" and have a question about the sizing. I am a petite 18 year old female with a 29 inch inseam and a very small waist but bigger hips and thighs. The magictails does not offer custom sizing, and I don't know if I should get a small (made for children 8-10) or a medium (11 years-small woman). The measurements for the small (left box) and then medium tail (middle box), and my measurements are in the far right box. The tail is stretchy fabric so I'm only slightly worried about it not fitting but I do want to be able to fit the tail over my bum. by the way the "length of my leg" is 29 inches.

Waistband
19-25 inch
27-34 inch
25 inch

Seat
21-27 inch
29-39 inch
32 inch

Length of leg
27-33 inch
27-33 inch

I bought a magictail recently and i was worried too about my size. To make sure that i get the right tail for me, i emailed back and forth Kirsten, the costume designer and owner of Magictail.de. I emailed her with the following title "Ready to order but i have a size issue". :)
She is a sweet woman and always emailed back within 24h during the week. Since i'm a tall guy, i thought that the size L was correct for me but i was wrong because the right size for me was actually M. I was worried at first but she was confident and finally she was right when i put the tail on. Thanks to the streching, it fits perfectly until my belly button, just what i wanted!
She even agreed to make me a monofin in the XL size (which wasn't possible to order online as the only three size were S, M and L) for my big male feet. :p

All this chatting was good because now i'm a happy merman with a blue magictail. :yay:

thevirginiamermaid
09-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks everyone!!!