PDA

View Full Version : Tubular Crin at Jo-Ann Fabrics

Miyu
09-07-2013, 12:22 AM
I don't know who is into weird hair extensions, but I always liked "cyberlocks", made with tubular crin. My problem with this stuff is that it was usually hard for me to get a hand on, and it didn't use to come in many colours.

Last time I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics, I saw a whole section of metallic-looking tubular crin, for ~$5 a packet, in lots of colours. It was kind of in the area of the kids' crafts... I'll see if I can get my BF to email me the pics from his phone I made him let me take :p

I think it could make some neat mermaid-y headdresses and extensions... Maybe even a tentacle look!

Mermaid Tula
09-07-2013, 02:30 AM
Oh gods I need to go to Joann's right now. Crap. I have no money, and it's past midnight...

Miyu
09-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Haha, glad you found it useful, Angel! I freaked out and grabbed the phone to take pics, because 5 years ago (when I really could have used it), tubular crin was still hard to find, especially in colours... I don't know what they stock it for, because the only use I have for it is cyber dreads. It's just odd, I'm out in the middle of BFE and they have tubular crin, but I never saw it when I lived in Denver...

But then, resin used to be hard to find as well. Who knows, maybe thinks like silicone and neoprene will start to be carried in more stores soon!

Mermaid Tula
09-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I still have yet to make it over to my Joanns (it's completely across town from me. Like almost next town). But I'm super stoked to see if they have the Crin at mine. I'm woring on my Halloween costume, and making some Crin falls would be awesome for it!

Mermaid Danielle
09-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Sounds cool! Thanks for sharing!

PearlieMae
09-15-2013, 11:13 PM
I buy that stuff online, I get great prices, too! It was originally a florist thing, I think. Check out Etsy, too. A lot of people supply them in lots of colors.

Sammi Ray
09-16-2013, 04:34 AM
I love crin, :) it's so fun to use and so many different things you can do with it. hair falls are my favorite though :~~)