PDA

View Full Version : The Next Mercon or MerPalooza

merboy78xy
09-08-2013, 02:42 AM
Hey y'all!

So, I made the decision that I've let my work overwhelm my life and I'm trying to take it back.
I need to plan ahead and start setting aside time for me to do all the things I've been yearning to do for a long time now. The biggest problem, is that I need to schedule my specific time off about a year in advance. Otherwise, my work will take over and not allow any free time.
So I am trying to do just that. And on my list is to attend a Mercon or Merpalooza.
Does anyone know when the next one might be? I know I JUST missed Merpalooza.... so I doubt anyone has thought of arranging the next one yet-- but I didn't know. Maybe they are always the same day(s) each year?

Or is MerCon gonna happen again?

I want to attend, but I gotta start trying to set aside the time NOW! Anyone have any ideas? Anyone heard anything? Anyone know who I should ask?

Thanks and hope to see you guys next convention!

AniaR
09-08-2013, 01:34 PM
the NC Merfolk are hosting a convention in January that is coming along swimmingly :) Steve Anton will be there to do photos, I am doing a workshop/talk, outings and more fun! I know Christomer is going to eventually make a thread so I can't say with too much certainty all the details, but I am super excited lol. You can follow all the news on it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ncmerfest/?fref=ts

shimmygoddess
09-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Yes, it will be the weekend of Jan 10-12. The schedule should be posted soon :)

AniaR
09-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Yay can't wait to meet you

shimmygoddess
09-12-2013, 09:29 PM
You too Raina, we have some wonderful mermaids in NC!! Hoping I have my Merbellas tail by then :)

mermanjr
09-30-2013, 03:13 AM
The will not be a MerPalooza 2014 and Mr. Poler and Mrs Sims has been fired from my Staff and i will be releaseing MerPalooza records from 2012 and 2013 in the next few days like Raina wanted the breakdown of all te finanices for both years

AniaR
09-30-2013, 04:38 PM
does anyone even OWN mercon or merpalooza? Last I checked no one had even bothered to register either of them. The way you and Stephanie have both been approaching some of us behind the scenes, it seems like youre in the middle of a legal issue/battle so perhaps you two should just deal with that. Also I find your budget thing really confusing. You only had Traci perform one year, and Merbellas didn't at all, and you clearly spent more than that, and people paid more than that (remember all the paid for voting?) But really, I'm not sure why you're even sharing that to begin with. My concern voiced months ago in a different thread with different context way what happened to the money that was supposedly collected for charity. Since no one saw any proof of it going where it was meant to.

PearlieMae
09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
I thought that was a bit outta the blue...

AniaR
09-30-2013, 05:36 PM
seriously. People do stuff outside of mernetwork and then come and post about it here as if everyone's somehow been following the private conversation :p

PearlieMae
09-30-2013, 08:14 PM
So, where and when are we going to put on the Official Mermaid Conclave? ;)

Stephanie Sims
10-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Yes, I own the trademark too MerPalooza. Gary was recently institutionalized. He is bitter, as his illegal behavior has prompted me to have him arrested. Yes, there will be NO MER PALOOZA for Gary Antol. His mother, Irene Antol in Pennsylvania is trying desperately to get him to come home to Pennsylvania where he can get the help he needs. He is a sociopath, a thief, a pedafile, and a liar. To show your support and to hear the facts for yourself, please watch for a public statement issued by his family, which we will be posting shortly. Thank you.

Stephanie Sims
10-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Folks, Gary never had a budget. yes, he personally paid entertainers. But he had no budget. The gentleman cannot do simple math. It's ridiculous.

PearlieMae
10-05-2013, 12:00 PM
I think you should remove that phone number immediately.

AniaR
10-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Okay,

I contacted you guys about Gary before the last merpalooza. I contacted Nerine because of some behaviour I saw and some sexual stuff I saw that he had connected to his merpalooza youtube and other accounts. I'm just wondering why nobody seemed to listen then but now? Gary first contacted me a bunch for the first Merpalooza. I politely declined but he continued to contact me through email, fb, or even my kijiji postings. When he contacted me through Kijiji he used a different email and I was confused thinking it was someone local. So I put his email in google to see if it came up with anything. It came up connected to all the merpalooza stuff, and it also came up connected to adult baby stuff, sites where he was pretending to be a woman, and sexually explicit posts. At the first mercon I did not know you were doing anything, so I didn't contact you directly, but before the second mercon when Nerine was helping I told her all about it. I also alerted her to the fact he was using the merpalooza youtube to comments and fav stuff that was adult baby and it was connected to the merpalooza twitter so it was posting all of that on official merpalooza stuff. I just didn't post it all on mernework because I didn't want to seem like I was attacking the guy. But you all went ahead and continued working with him anyway so I assumed it had worked out some way or another. You didn't just find this out right now. I've been telling you about it for at least 6 months prior to merpalooza. Of course, this is in reference to the other post

I have issues to share that are quite disturbing about a member of MerNetwork. I have asked for him to be removed from the group, but I cannot seem to get that done. Sadly, it is someone I have known for a while and many of us also know. Merman JR, aka Gary has recently been discovered stalking mermaids, indulging in VERY deviant behavior involving very young ladies and gentlemen...and it's just awful. He has been discovered stalking people for years, asking them to be his "Mermaid Mommy" and many other disturbing behaviors. I am trying to warn all here...and will share details privately. You may call me or private message me here.

He has recently been institutionalized and I am working with his parents to try to get him the help he needs and away from the mermaid community. Please beware! This is PAINFUL for me to post, but it is for YOUR safety!

Which I'm replying to here because this is it's own thread.

Which makes me wonder why it's suddenly an issue? Is there more going on here?

His fetish stuff made me uncomfortable, but it was more that it was all connected to merpalooza at the time through youtube, twitter, forum posts, etc. The email was something to do with Sailor Saturn or something.

I'm not doubting the fact that there is something serious going on here, and I'm glad you're saying something now, I guess I'm just calling it in that I said all this months ago and never heard a word so I'm wondering what has changed that it's suddenly being taken seriously.

and FYI for other members, the content I had found is no longer online. At the time I did not take screen shots, because I really didn't think there was anything illegal or dramatic, I just thought it didn't look right to have it connected with the convention. I did however show it to and tell several other well known mers in the community including friends of Garys so there are witnesses.

If Gary is having issues, I hope he gets help. Like I said, the stuff I saw freaked me out... but I don't think there was anything illegal. Adult Baby doesn't = pedophile, (unless he actually made an advance toward a kid or photos with kids etc or something like that). Not defending him in the slightest, just think there's more going on here than being said.

Mermaid Momo
10-05-2013, 04:45 PM
did you email them at the merpalooza email? if so then maybe he was in control of that one too and deleted the emails you sent so that Stephanie never saw them? or maybe everyone wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt? either way, i'm glad to see that he's getting the help that he needs.

AniaR
10-05-2013, 04:48 PM
people don't tend to get institutionalized because they like to be adult babies, or have sexual fetishes. And I went directly to Nerine who told me she was passing on the entire thing to Stephanie. I didn't go through the email for that exact reason. I talked to Gary's friends too out of concern, more that he wasn't making himself look professional.

merboy78xy
10-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Hey guys--
I started this thread with the hope to find out any info on a MerCon or Merpalooza date for 2014... The thread seems to have devolved into something rather different. I AM very sorry to hear of all the strange and rather troulesome occurances with this Gary guy, but I am still hoping someone may know something about the original question I titled the post: Does anyone know a possible date for MerCon or Merpalooza? I need to give my company my "black-out dates" today or tomorrow. So this is my last push to try and see if anyone knows.
Thanks guys!

Mermaid Momo
10-05-2013, 08:09 PM
merpalooza isn't really announced until later in the year. (I think they were actually thinking of changing the date for it) but like Raina said, there is a convention in January. It may be too late to request that time off then?

Mermaid Momo
10-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Are you looking for cons in Florida specifically?

AniaR
10-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Its not about choosing not to listen, it's about us not really being given all the information here. How can you expect us to know what's up when every post is different with new information? I mean if he's arrested for making threats, that's not cool. But he's also been posting on here too about you and messaging people. So to the community it looks like a back and forth between you two that we're all watching, with no one offering any proof for us to see. Personally, I felt uncomfortable from what I saw so I avoid him. Hopefully he gets some help

And as far as mercon, or merpalooza, it never gets announced until a few months before, and there's a post on FB going viral saying there will not be a merpalooza next year? (but p.s. I think it's semi appropriate Stephanie post here, since she is the organizer of merpalooza and this is semi related to that, her own thread or the drama thread would have been better though)

mermanjr
10-16-2013, 08:41 AM
fuck you all i never stalked any of you and i will not give up my control to any of the twiter or you tube pages or any other merpalooza account because i own and created them so fuck you all i am done. i tried to reach out as a friend and this is the payment i get . So again fuck you all merpalooza i will shut down every year because i can and will

AniaR
10-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Gary did you read the other thread where people defended you? I think you and stef need to work out your issues instead of going off on everyone....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Stephanie Sims
10-16-2013, 04:21 PM
I am a professional. I have received texts this morning that are threats to the mermaid community. I have warned everyone and will share the texts.

Mer Friends, this person is dangerous. *Yes, he did begin a twitter account using the MerPalooza name. That much is true... Everything else, is not.

jvry8c
11-06-2013, 07:42 PM
hmmmm to bad. was planning on going to the next one and sadly my tail and scale mail will not be done for NC. Next year perhaps. Sorry to hear there is drama afoot... or afin. @_@

Mermaid Bella
01-09-2014, 05:50 PM
did you have any luck with your schedule? i hope you managed to go to one of the conventions :)

i am trying to organise a mermeet here and it doesnt seem to be taking off lol, but i really hope you managed to get some time off.

NerineArcticMermaid
01-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Okay,

I contacted you guys about Gary before the last merpalooza. I contacted Nerine because of some behaviour I saw and some sexual stuff I saw that he had connected to his merpalooza youtube and other accounts. I'm just wondering why nobody seemed to listen then but now? Gary first contacted me a bunch for the first Merpalooza. I politely declined but he continued to contact me through email, fb, or even my kijiji postings. When he contacted me through Kijiji he used a different email and I was confused thinking it was someone local. So I put his email in google to see if it came up with anything. It came up connected to all the merpalooza stuff, and it also came up connected to adult baby stuff, sites where he was pretending to be a woman, and sexually explicit posts. At the first mercon I did not know you were doing anything, so I didn't contact you directly, but before the second mercon when Nerine was helping I told her all about it. I also alerted her to the fact he was using the merpalooza youtube to comments and fav stuff that was adult baby and it was connected to the merpalooza twitter so it was posting all of that on official merpalooza stuff. I just didn't post it all on mernework because I didn't want to seem like I was attacking the guy. But you all went ahead and continued working with him anyway so I assumed it had worked out some way or another. You didn't just find this out right now. I've been telling you about it for at least 6 months prior to merpalooza. Of course, this is in reference to the other post

Which I'm replying to here because this is it's own thread.

Which makes me wonder why it's suddenly an issue? Is there more going on here?

His fetish stuff made me uncomfortable, but it was more that it was all connected to merpalooza at the time through youtube, twitter, forum posts, etc. The email was something to do with Sailor Saturn or something.

I'm not doubting the fact that there is something serious going on here, and I'm glad you're saying something now, I guess I'm just calling it in that I said all this months ago and never heard a word so I'm wondering what has changed that it's suddenly being taken seriously.

and FYI for other members, the content I had found is no longer online. At the time I did not take screen shots, because I really didn't think there was anything illegal or dramatic, I just thought it didn't look right to have it connected with the convention. I did however show it to and tell several other well known mers in the community including friends of Garys so there are witnesses.

If Gary is having issues, I hope he gets help. Like I said, the stuff I saw freaked me out... but I don't think there was anything illegal. Adult Baby doesn't = pedophile, (unless he actually made an advance toward a kid or photos with kids etc or something like that). Not defending him in the slightest, just think there's more going on here than being said.
Raina.. sorry I never saw this thread. I passed along everything you told me. Unfortunetly its didnt do alot of good. Beleive me every time you found something that would hurt the events rep.. I passed it along but.. well we all know how that ended.. Just wanted to make sure you know.. that I did follow through.

PearlieMae
01-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Maybe that sort of thing should go directly to Gary.

AniaR
01-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Gary came on the forum and said "fuck you" to everyone here and all over facebook
Gary did not seem to me at the time mentally capable as I would attest I felt a bit stalked at the time. I kept telling him no and he kept pretending to be new people asking me

AniaR
01-10-2014, 02:24 PM
I think this is all public because he's addressing everyone publicly at this point

PearlieMae
01-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Ah, I understand. Thanks. Has he been doing it again, lately? I saw October.

He's been on FB inviting people to "The Official Merpalooza Group and information" group since yesterday.

AniaR
01-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Last I heard he told everyone merpalooza was dead who knows lol

PearlieMae
01-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Haha! He was trying to resurrect it on the East Coast Mermaids page yesterday.

AniaR
01-10-2014, 06:54 PM
well sounds like he's back at it, but if Stephanie owns the TM I'm not sure how he can do it.

Honestly I think merpalooza nees to be ditched, and something new embraced. And if Stephanie's company wants to tackle it, great. But I think a new name is needed to start over and shed some of the notoriety.

drucilla
01-10-2014, 08:00 PM
lol Mercon

AniaR
01-12-2014, 05:29 PM
So, I've spoken with the new person taking over Merpalooza. Gary has nothing to do with it. I have personally worked with the new person but I don't think they're going to say anything publicly until they have things a bit more organized- but I can totally vouche for them ;) I've sent this new person all the info from all the merpaloozas that I could find, along with all these threads so they can familiarize themselves. So hopefully there will be more of an update soon :) It's not really my information to share, I just think people will be pleased when it's all set up and being spoken about :)