PDA

View Full Version : Createx Paint

Mermaid Kalliope
09-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Hello all! So, I'm thinking of possibly tackling a neoprene tail and I was wondering about createx paint.... Does it have to be airbrushed on or can it be handpainted as well? Just wondering.

:-)

MermaidKallan
09-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I've used it handpainted before, and it worked fine, but I think it looks neater when airbrushed. :)

Winged Mermaid
09-09-2011, 08:22 PM
You can hand pant it. I'm not sure how well it'll work on straight neoprene though. As far as I know you have to heat set it with a heat gun. I anciently melted parts of my carpet because I thought I was far away enough/moving fast enough not to hurt it. Also heat actually damages neoprene. I would suggest you do a test swatch and see if the paint will hold up without heat setting. Otherwise I'd go with acrylic or screen printing ink paints.

Odette
09-10-2011, 12:19 AM
i painted it on fabric on accident and it never washed out of my poor jeans. but silver jeans are kinda neat.i cant wait to see this new tail, Kailani!

inactive account
09-10-2011, 02:04 PM
You can hand paint it on but it is really difficuilt, you cannot hand paint createx transparent colors and you can just about hand paint the pearlized, go for opaque. Also you HAVE to heatset your tail with a heat gun or the whole paint job will come off in three pieces! :)

Mermaid Kalliope
09-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Awesome! Thank you guys!

I got a bit of it on a sample piece of neoprene and so far it hasn't come off, chipped, or stretched funny. It's sticking just fine. :-)

And Odette... It's THREE new tails! XP One for my room mate (Pyrrophyta on here), my best friend, and myself and possibly a fourth.

Spindrift
09-10-2011, 08:01 PM
How does the sample hold up in chlorine water and sea water?

Mermaid Kalliope
09-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I will find out the chlorine this week... I haven't had access to a pool. Sea water... Dunno yet.