PDA

View Full Version : Mako Mermaids/Island of Secrets News

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AptaMer
09-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Woo hoo, the second half of season 1 of Mako Mermaids is appearing on Netflix on September 15.

Just thought I'd put up a notice for those merfans who want to see it ASAP ;)

Mermaid Oshun
09-09-2013, 10:27 AM
YEAH!!! Sunday! I can't wait, I'm so excited!

Ariel-Starfish
09-09-2013, 11:25 AM
The searies FINALLY hitted youtube! I'm watching all the episodes now! :D

Kae
09-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! Now I'll have to hurry and finish the first part....

Patches
09-10-2013, 10:42 PM
I watched the entire thing within two days of it coming out. I was a couch potato for two days I could not resist. xD

Ariel-Starfish
09-18-2013, 01:12 PM
All official episodes have been removed from Youtube :( and no New ones either.....

teeth4u
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
I have Netflix, I wish there was some way I could post them for you guys because it's a really awesome show! I think I like it more than h2o

bluegill
09-19-2013, 12:14 AM
I hope there is a season 2 too. Great show.

Ariel-Starfish
09-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Awh that's sweet of you! ^^
q

Amphitrite
10-02-2013, 11:42 PM
I just found this thread. *love*

I can't find episode 2? Anyone have a link?

Echidna
10-03-2013, 01:23 AM
The first 13 episodes have been on youtube for a short while, but were all deleted.
Haven't been able to find the second half of the series sadly.

Mermaid Oshun
10-03-2013, 09:48 AM
If you have Netflix.com in your country you can try it for $7.99/month. They are all there

MerEmma
10-03-2013, 10:18 AM
If you use certain codes you can easily get a free month trial of Netflix too. They're so easy to find on google.

Echidna
10-03-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm in one of the countries that doesn't have Netflix, so I have to wait for a youtube upload.

Mermaid Oshun
10-03-2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mako+mermaids+season+1&oq=mako+mermaids+season+1&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.3092.10178.0.12059.22.10.0.12 .12.1.283.1764.2j5j3.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube .lC3OIf9RNzE

Or you can buy the season 1 dvd online
https://shop.abc.net.au/products/mako-mermaids-v1-2dvd

Mermaid Dottie
10-03-2013, 04:52 PM
I finished it the other day. I also figured out why I like this one.
The hairstyles.
1497114970http://fotologs.miarroba.st/photo/6651547/5395/784x787/3a6c34b1dea1a7bc/1379961880.jpg

the underwater shots.

Sirena and David.

Everything else about this show bugs me.
So, Cam and Zac have been friends for 15 years? Then why is Zac always treating Cam like crud? And why is Cam so greedy jealous of the fishy powers?
Evie is so fickle. And Why is it okay for Cam to know he's a fish, but not Evie, Mom, or Dad?
Zac acts like he's on drugs all the time. He's gotta have the trident. He doesn't care that it hurt you. He's just gotta have it, and he'll even try to bully you for info about it. And Cam wants to try the drug, it's like he's obsessed with Zac's powers and anything to do with them. "So, Evie could've died. Whatever, as long as I get my ends."
And NIXIE! "Don't trust Zac, he's our enemy!" oh, but you can trust Cam? Really? I think you've got you fins in knots, there, sister.

Mermaid Oshun
10-03-2013, 05:05 PM
I think Cam got turned into a merman he just didnt know it yet at the end of season 1. Ended with Rita on her balcony looking toward Cam approaching the water on the beach. I think season 2 will start off with him turning into a fish when the water does hit his feet. Maybe Rita will even see it. He has to be the menace that Zac was last season.
Zac will be accepted into the pod and will do battle with Cam. Zac will hook up with Layla leaving Nixie the only mermaid unpaired... Unless she factions off and pairs up with Cam as the evil mermaid ??? Hum...
I also see Evie becoming a mermaid and having a cat fight with Layla over Zac's affections

Mermaid Dottie
10-03-2013, 05:09 PM
errrr... I was trying not to post spoilers.... >_<
WARNING! SPOILERS!

Mermaid Oshun
10-03-2013, 05:14 PM
I don't know that this will happen... I'm just guessing.

Mermaid Dottie
10-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Yeah, but the end.... oh welll.
But that would be interesting to see a merman Cam. And he can harass the girls and zac, who will be constantly trying to make sure he keeps the secret and not expose the whole group to all of Australia.
I also want to see more pod members sometimes, like Aquata can bring them all before the mermaid council to decide Zac's fate, and there'll be huge controversy about whether or not the girls can come home and be in the pod, while they still have land relationships. They might try to make Zac remain in the water and never go on land again, or else give up his powers and stay on land without fins forever.
OR!!
Maybe Cam's antagonist role will be constantly trying to become a merman. He'll continually try and sneak into the moonpool, until one day he manages it, but, um, Evie is caught in the crossfire? or (hilarity of all hilarities) DAVID even!

lynsea
10-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Season 2 confirmed!

Amphitrite
10-03-2013, 09:01 PM
I went to the site that was listed where I could buy season 1 and I keep getting this message for no known reason:

Shipping method The shipping method you have selected is not suitable for the delivery address. Please check the delivery address and try again."

???

When both addresses are the same...

Echidna
10-04-2013, 06:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mako+mermaids+season+1&oq=mako+mermaids+season+1&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.3092.10178.0.12059.22.10.0.12 .12.1.283.1764.2j5j3.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube .lC3OIf9RNzE

great link, thanks!
watched them all in one go. Now got a headache :lol:
But they'll probably disappear fast just like the first ones, so :p

Now we only need to wait til next year for the second season...

Amphitrite
10-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Update: Solved the problem!

spottedcatfish
10-23-2013, 03:39 AM
Does anyone know when the second season will be up on Netflix? I need my Mako fix... lol :-P

MerEmma
10-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Pretty sure the set release for season two is Spring 2015. >_<

Echidna
10-23-2013, 12:29 PM
:jawdrop: 2015?!
That's horrible!

MerEmma
10-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Takes a long time to remake all the tails, cast all the background parts, schedule all the shooting, edit, etc...it sucks that it's so far away though. >_<

lynsea
10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Doubtful. It says they are beginning production around this time (late 2013) so I would estimate a similar release date for next year. Probably in the second half of 2014

MerEmma
10-23-2013, 06:35 PM
I can't seem to find the source that I found that from but on other message boards and wikis and Facebook people are saying the same date, so who knows when it is. :P

MermaidClara
11-04-2013, 03:19 AM
hehe itll be out end of next year around September or a little earlier, they have to film over the spring/summer in Aus so on the East Coast they had spring starting early this year in september and the summer will last well into March

Also: how the frick do they do ther hair with all their seashells pinned in? i have no idea ive tried making seashell bobby pins and clips to no avail :(

****SPOILERS****

there is a new merman coming into the show, not sure if it is Cam or if its a totally brand new character

Fun123joker
11-04-2013, 11:25 AM
what im wondering is did the actors learn how to swim in tails or did they already knew how in the first place?

Ariel-Starfish
11-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I still havent seen the second half of season One! :'(:(:(:( I don't know how to use pirate bay or anything like that -___-"

AniaR
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Its odd I don't like the tails. They look too snakey and disproportionate. And the guys has a seam down the middle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

MerEmma
11-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Personally I'm not as much fond of the length...makes 'em 3/4 fish instead of half, haha! But I love them otherwise, personally. But the length definitely bothers me. :b

By seam do you mean like...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c4084f695743733f9d2c50f74d8c63fa/tumblr_mufih2XAmg1sj0a6to4_1280.png

I just thought that was part of the design, but maybe it is a seam.

Mermaid Oshun
11-04-2013, 02:39 PM
I LOVE this show! I can not stop watching it! And the tails are nice ! I love that they are unique!!! no seams. I am so excited about the new season and am really looking forward to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEfLDlNlq1Y

Echidna
11-04-2013, 04:45 PM
I especially like the tails. They do look more genuine with that length, and the male version is really beautiful.
My only gripe would be that all females have this drab, brownish colour.

I get it though, they want to emulate some bird/reptile/whatever species, where the females have this drab camo colour, and only the males have bright, flamboyant colours, but still.
I'd have loved to see many different tail colours on everyone :p

MermaidClara
11-04-2013, 10:00 PM
I don't like the colour of the tails for the girl either but they're made so nicely and the hours of work they put into them is incredible and look amazzee underwater
heres a youtube clip on how the tails are made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZv2MUuNb8U

and one of the girls explains the training process and again the tail process
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5D4ZRrDSY

Fun123joker
11-05-2013, 07:48 PM
i think they were going for orange. to fit the sand and the coral. its just how they swim! why do you swim like that. its not bad if you swim like that but i bet you they are told to...why?

MerEmma
11-05-2013, 08:08 PM
I love the orangey color :P

sashiyoop
11-06-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm bummed that it'll take so long for the second season (I watched the entire season 1 in about three days), but I personally really enjoy the extension on the tails. It makes the swimming look more natural, in my opinion, and kind of makes up for the fact that human knees can't bend backward.

AniaR
11-06-2013, 06:36 PM
it's funny all the reasons people listed are why I think they look unrealistic. I just never got the buzz around these tails beyond the fact they're realistic.

MerEmma
11-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Personally the fluke shape and the more plastic, hard scales are my favorite things about them. I like the way they flow in that it's very natural with not so sudden bumps but again, the length bothers me. Haha.

Totally understandable why they aren't your thing, though :3

Elle
11-06-2013, 06:47 PM
They picked the golden orange-y colour
1 to differentiate these mers from Ariel
2 something to do with goldfish....

I can't remember all the details, I have the conversation with one of the production crew quite a while ago now.

Mermaid Oshun
11-06-2013, 08:42 PM
yeah I got a 925 silver and crystal "Moon Ring" on ebay

Trident True
11-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Im guesing the tails are made slightly different to H20 has the tails for h20 were difficult to swim in. The newer tails for mako mermaids still have the extension but not as long, actually its a spring that is attached to the back of the foot plate so when they kick down the spring bobs up and down. I think these tails are more realistic as they arn't as long as in H20. a few things ive noticed.

fluke isn't as thick as in H20
the tails have got a light black line down the centre both on the girls and zac's
the attachment plate/ extension isn't as long as in H20
the tails also look easier to swim in, they almost look lighter.

the thing i love about these types of tails is they are very streamline and tight on the body thus not showing the legs and ankles. im currently working on a tail like this. i havent started a thread just yet as im a little worried things may go wrong. soooo many things have. its been 1 year since i designed the tail and started on it. im still going. :( oh and my premonition is that zac wont beable to trun back to a human as it has been 3 full moons and because of the 3 full moons, his transformation is complete. his powers were getting stronger every full moon not getting weaker. cam will be the other merman and he will have a trident, well obtain one and it will be a war trident that is 5x stronger than the original trident and every time it gets close to mermaid or mermen it will glow. zac will be accepted into the pod as he is the one that destroyed the trident. as no mermaid can touch it thus now having equality for boths mers and men. the mermaids have nothing to fear..... right. oh and i feel that cam is the other merman as he fell into the moonpool while it was still overhead. but only just. not to mention all of them were in there. so he may be stronger than all 4. you never know.

halesloveswhales
12-13-2013, 01:48 PM
I just finished the first season, and I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed. The plot line is so thin compared to H2O. I was not emotionally invested in any of the characters, and I feel like most of the conflict could have been resolved easily if there weren't so many unnecessary misunderstandings. The characters also had the same conversations over and over. I feel like a 12 year-old wrote it (no offense, merlings).

But, that being said, I will still probably watch the next season when it comes out... because mermaids.

Fun123joker
12-15-2013, 09:31 PM
i think you're right but somehow i like this one better

even though it feels like repeated diolog i like it better because its not the whole "whoa i got powers" kinda deal. maybe its the youtube mermaid shows made by 12 year olds that got me but still
the thing is i dont like thier tails. way too long. the tails are way to long for the actors

Mermaid Octavia
12-16-2013, 05:15 PM
I definitely like the hard plastic scales and the way the tails bend in the water. I just don't care for the tails otherwise... they look much too long and the poor ladies got such bland colors. I'm surprised they don't have any patterning on them either. Their frilly dorsal is neat but otherwise I don't really care for them. :( I did watch the "Making Of" video on how they made the tails, take them on and off, etc. and I thought that was super cool!

Mermaid Oshun
12-16-2013, 05:26 PM
I LOVE the gold and orange tails the ladies have!!! Those are my favorite colors for a tail!!! I would personally leave blue to the men folk. In fact I would aspire for my personal tail to be like Splash/Raina's/Mako girl colors

MermanZen
12-27-2013, 09:51 AM
OMG Mers I just found on a website that season 2 will be coming to Netflix on February 26th I can't wait

Mermaid Oshun
12-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Yes I admit it. I am a Mako addict and this is the best news ever! I will mark February 26th on my calendar.

Ariel-Starfish
12-27-2013, 01:25 PM
And still nothing to see on youtube? I've been able to watch season 1 ep. 1-14 but then it just...stopped? And NO we don't have Netfix here in Belguim :( and I'm a noob when it comes to downloading with torrents and stuff... So please HELP! :(

malinghi
12-27-2013, 05:50 PM
And still nothing to see on youtube? I've been able to watch season 1 ep. 1-14 but then it just...stopped? And NO we don't have Netfix here in Belguim http://mernetwork.com/index/images/smilies/frown.png and I'm a noob when it comes to downloading with torrents and stuff... So please HELP! http://mernetwork.com/index/images/smilies/frown.png

Hypothetically if you wanted to download something with a torrent, here's what you would need to know.

Bittorrent is a method for sharing files. Instead of the file being located on one computer and downloading a copy of the file from there, with bittorrent a group of people simultaneously share small pieces of the file with each other, which makes the whole thing much faster. Its kinda like if instead of ordering food at a restaurant and waiting for them to finish other orders and then make yours, every person in the restaurant receives the meal piece by piece and can give other people copies of the pieces they've gotten so far. If it worked like having more people in the restaurant would make the food come faster instead of slower.

1. To share a file using bittorrent, first you'd need to install a bittorrent client. Just like chrome or firefox are special programs for viewing websites, a bittorrent client is a program for downloading and uploading torrents. These are both popular ones:
http://www.transmissionbt.com/
http://www.utorrent.com/

Naturally you should be careful not to install malware. Both of those links are to the official sites for those programs, so those sites and links on those sites can all be trusted.

2. After the bittorrent client is installed, you would go find a torrent. You would google the name of the file you're looking for, with the word torrent. Click through the results. There might be ads on the websites you find that try to trick you into clicking on them by pretending to be a download button. The actual button will probably have a small symbol with a magnet on it.

It's not important to understand why it has a little magnet symbol on it, but if you're wondering its cause that button is called a magnet link. Magnet links are like regular links, but for torrents.

3. When you click on it the magnet link should open in the bittorrent client. Once the bittorrent client opens, basically just click okay and it will start downloading.

If you wanted to use torrents to download a file, that is how you would do it.

Amphitrite
12-27-2013, 07:42 PM
So I bought Mako Mermaids 'season 1' on here: https://shop.abc.net.au/ and it didn't even have all the episodes! :mad:

MermanZen
12-27-2013, 11:55 PM
that is not cool to leave episodes out of the season on a DVD :mad:

Echidna
12-30-2013, 07:37 AM
So I bought Mako Mermaids 'season 1' on here: https://shop.abc.net.au/ and it didn't even have all the episodes! :mad:

:O
Which episodes were missing?
Or was it maybe divided in two halves, seeing as the second half isn't even out yet?

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-31-2013, 07:55 PM
I have wondered why the tails, both in H2O and its sequel series, didn't have all different colors. While it was gratifying for the merman's scales to be a different color from the mermaids', I have to wonder why he couldn't have blue while they had gold, violet, green, etc.

lynsea
01-01-2014, 12:53 PM
OMG Mers I just found on a website that season 2 will be coming to Netflix on February 26th I can't wait

I'm a little hesitant to believe that. They posted an announcement (official twitter) that they were preparing to shoot in December. Shows like this usually require a turn around of at least 6 months.

KrazyKyle765
01-01-2014, 11:59 PM
No, I read off 3 different websites and twitter posts from Jonathan M. Shiff that there are 2 new mermaids, 1 new merman, and a possible appearance of the old mermaids! :D

MerEmma
01-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Not sure if I'll like the new season's plot, introducing whole new characters after we just got to know the old crew. We'll see though.

Ariel-Starfish
01-02-2014, 10:39 AM

THATS INSANE!! Thank you for posting this! I almost bought the DVD :headwall:

lynsea
01-02-2014, 11:28 AM
So as in a completely different premise for the show? Ugg, I don't like when they do that. It usually takes a season for the actors to become comfortable acting in their roles and are, as a result, rarely better than later seasons. Now we get to do the whole thing again :(

Mermaid Oshun
01-02-2014, 11:34 AM
So all new actors??? ... OK I wonder why they didnt use the old cast any more?

Echidna
01-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Confused here.
The first half ended on a cliff-hanger basically, and now there's a new crew?
Meh.

KrazyKyle765
01-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Oh, guys. No no no no no! What i meant by that is there are 2 new mermaids and 1 new merman, but all of the actors from the first season are confirmed to be in the second season. I didnt mean that there are only 3 mer-folk in the second season. Sorry if I didn't clarify that. These are just new people IN ADDITION to the old actors. Not to worry! :D

KrazyKyle765
01-02-2014, 03:07 PM
So as in a completely different premise for the show? Ugg, I don't like when they do that. It usually takes a season for the actors to become comfortable acting in their roles and are, as a result, rarely better than later seasons. Now we get to do the whole thing again :(
Nonono! The old actors are still in the series! There are just new mer-people in addition to the old ones and possibly the old old old mermaids from H2O: Just Add Water! :D

KrazyKyle765
01-02-2014, 03:09 PM
So all new actors??? ... OK I wonder why they didnt use the old cast any more?
They did use the old actors. So sorry i confused everyone! :confused:

Echidna
01-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Nonono! The old actors are still in the series! There are just new mer-people in addition to the old ones and possibly the old old old mermaids from H2O: Just Add Water! :D

That would actually be really cool.
And I haven't even seen original H2O ;)

Mermaid Oshun
01-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Oh WOW I cant wait then!!! H20 and Mako together in one show!!! that sounds really good. And with new mers to boot! Im getting mermaid overload! Can't wait to see in February

Prince Calypso
01-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Honestly I was all ecstatic for the show when it first came out but after watching all the episodes in one sitting at some point i was only watching for the underwater Tail scenes cause the plot and the characters made me so annoyed and frustrated i almost punched the tv. Zac is a douche, his friend is a tool, his girlfriend is a snob and the mermaids are all complete idiots. Rita is the only character i like and fine believable.
I mean really zac is such a jerk that he actually gets mad at the mermaids for not telling him they were mermaids when secrecy is kinda like part of their entire existence, then he thinks he's entitled to freaking trident. His cocky smugness just made me hate ever part of him except his tail. It just felt like they were trying to hard to out do H20 and make it too wacky and too out there. I couldn't finish watching the last few episodes on Netflix. just fast forwarded them to the singing parts and the tail parts then went and watched My Little Pony.
Hopefully they will change it up as the series goes on.

Echidna
01-03-2014, 10:53 AM
^^Lol, I kinda felt the same, but I watched it still coz MERMAIDS!

The trident hunt stuff also was quite exciting, but character-wise, I don't truly like any of them except maybe Rita lol.

Mermaid Oshun
01-03-2014, 11:08 AM
I was upset with Zac and his friend too. I enjoyed seeing the mermaids look naive on land though... after all, they would be wouldn't they? So I liked ALL the mermaids and Zac even redeemed himself in the end. It was just a lot of fun for me. I get the feeling with all the new characters it can be more intricate as one might like.

Echidna
01-03-2014, 11:29 AM
yep, the end was good. Nice and unexpected.
Just the right mixture to make one impatient to see the second half ;)

MermanZen
01-03-2014, 03:41 PM
I agree but most of the second half of season one Zac was an annoyance to me I mean come on I wanted to walk through the tv in Rita's office and punch Zac for threatening to expose her that URG!!!!!!

KrazyKyle765
01-03-2014, 03:57 PM
I agree but most of the second half of season one Zac was an annoyance to me I mean come on I wanted to walk through the tv in Rita's office and punch Zac for threatening to expose her that URG!!!!!!
That's the same way i feel!!!!!

MermanZen
01-03-2014, 03:59 PM
lol great minds think alike

MermanZen
01-03-2014, 09:40 PM
OMG im so sad, when I was just starting the series I use to run up the stairs and fall on purpose when I'd get wet lol

spottedcatfish
01-05-2014, 01:42 AM

Thank you! Something to look forward to!! If it does air then. Netflix really needs to get some better shows and movies on it's site. I found myself the other day re-watching H2O mostly because there wasn't a whole lot else that looked good on there... Then I found Pingu, a show I grew up with... (look it up), and netflix redeemed itself... Nook Nook!! :lol::dance:

KrazyKyle765
01-05-2014, 03:06 AM
OMG im so sad, when I was just starting the series I use to run up the stairs and fall on purpose when I'd get wet lol
OMG SAME!!!

KrazyKyle765
01-05-2014, 03:07 AM
yeah I got a 925 silver and crystal "Moon Ring" on ebay
Where did you get that? Send me the link! :D

KrazyKyle765
01-05-2014, 03:08 AM
Thank you!!!!! :D

MermanZen
01-05-2014, 10:10 AM
lol I've been doing the same thing I've watched all 3 seasons of H2O again and Mako mermaids twice, and you see world im not the only one addicted to Mako mermaids so much that I fall on purpose when I get wet and use the little upper body strength I have to scoot to my bedroom lol:dance:

KrazyKyle765
01-05-2014, 05:56 PM
lol I've been doing the same thing I've watched all 3 seasons of H2O again and Mako mermaids twice, and you see world im not the only one addicted to Mako mermaids so much that I fall on purpose when I get wet and use the little upper body strength I have to scoot to my bedroom lol:dance:
Lol i watched every mermaid movie and show out there and i have watched every episode of H2O and Mako Mermaids at least two times as well! OMG sometimes i still fall when i get wet and drag myself to the bedroom trying not to let my parents see. I do not own a tail, but i swim like a mermaid, too! :lol:

MermanZen
01-05-2014, 06:48 PM
lol same im currently making my first latex tail and when ever I swam I'd always swim with my legs together and hold my breath as long as I could, I think my personal best is like a minute and a half idk:)

KrazyKyle765
01-05-2014, 07:12 PM
lol same im currently making my first latex tail and when ever I swam I'd always swim with my legs together and hold my breath as long as I could, I think my personal best is like a minute and a half idk:)
OMG SAME! But my record is two minutes while swimming! The secret is the swallow with your mouth closed. Don't swallow water though! This gives the brain an illusion that you are breathing when you actually aren't. You can go for much longer if you do that. Just don't try to breath water if you don't have gills. ;)

Echidna
01-06-2014, 06:07 AM
^^while that's fine, remember that all tricks designed to fool your brain magnify the risk of getting a blackout.
Do not push your normal limits when you're alone, always have a safety swimmer/diver at your side who can pull you out in case.

MerEmma
01-07-2014, 07:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmQsREUd2M#t=510

Behind the scenes video! Super neat. 26 lbs. for a tail is amazing--hell, those tails might even weigh less than a Merbellas now!

lynsea
01-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks Emma! Hadn't seen that video yet.

lynsea
01-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Ugg, they haven't confirmed two of the original mermaids (and my favorite) for the new season (which they have started shooting). They just posted a cast photo on their twitter. (https://twitter.com/OfficialMako/status/425233091079057409/photo/1) Well this is going to be a bit of a plot change if this is the case. Besides, I liked Nixie and Lyla, they added a bit of depth; Sirena is just too perfect for my tastes.

MerEmma
01-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Oh man, no Nixie? Damn. :c

MermanZen
01-20-2014, 11:02 AM
URGG Nixie is my favorite Noooo
Oh man, no Nixie? Damn. :c

Mermaid Oshun
01-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Gosh Layla and Sirena were my favorites. I will totally miss Layla! I thought she was going to be Zac's new gf. I think the issue with her is because she got a role in a new vampire movie. And I agree that Layla and Nixie were "the thinking mermaids". Sirena, although lovely, always just seemed very childlike and not a really developed character. She kind of seemed always in a slight daze or semi trance or something just coasting along. So it will be interesting to see what the new ladies bring to the table.

MermanZen
01-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Ya and the new Merman don't forget, I wonder how that will play out

Echidna
01-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Must be Cam.
He will probably be the "douche merman" and Zac the goodiegoodie merman :p

WavyMermaidy
01-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Aww ditto on the missing Nixie front. I hate it when they have to change up the cast. Now granted I ended up liking Bella on the original H2O and didn't end up missing Emma too much, but that was just one person whereas most of the rest of the main cast carried over. So we'll see how this goes if they are really replacing more than one.

Mermaid Oshun
01-20-2014, 07:04 PM
So is it true new episodes are available on Netflix at the end of February? If so I have a date with Netflix :D

XMermaidMarinaX
01-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Yeah, Lyla is going to be in the movie coming out on February 7th Vampire Academy: Bloodsisters.. I'm a huge fan of the book series, so I'm excited to see it. Such a shame they replaced a lot of the cast though.. :(

MerEmma
01-20-2014, 10:10 PM
So is it true new episodes are available on Netflix at the end of February? If so I have a date with Netflix :D

I don't believe so. Where'd you find that? Not enough time for them to edit and get the show ready and such I don't think.

Mermaid Oshun
01-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Where did you get that? Send me the link! :D

Oh I just searched for a 925 silver ring with real blue crystal on ebay and several came up.

MermanZen
01-20-2014, 10:19 PM
February 26th I think when season two is on Netflix

lynsea
01-20-2014, 10:43 PM
February 26th I think when season two is on Netflix

According to their twitter, they just started filming a month ago so I highly doubt that. Do you have a source?

I'm just not happy they're bringing in new cast because for these types of shows they tend to hire new actors who have little experience. With H2O you could see the girls improving as the season(s) went on but it usually took some time. With new actors, not only do we have a new story line but slightly less than spectacular acting. Ah well, I'll watch it, it's got mermaids :D

Mermaid Oshun
01-21-2014, 04:21 PM
It actually looks like Lyla and Nixie are still in! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=234878496684494&set=a.225670847605259.1073741828.225663287606015&type=1&theater

MerEmma
01-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Oh my god. That's not from the official Mako Mermaids FB though is it? No, it's not. But oh my god. If they combined the two universes? That would be awesome even if only for Angus and Phoebe's returns. OMG. That would be major, but I'm having a hard time believing that somehow. Even if Lyla and Nixie were returning I'd be happy. :P

Echidna
01-21-2014, 04:58 PM
If they combined the two universes?

Then I have a lot of catching-up to do!
Somehow I never get around to watch H2O, no idea why...maybe the horrible acting :rotfl:

WavyMermaidy
01-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Oh my god. That's not from the official Mako Mermaids FB though is it? No, it's not. But oh my god. If they combined the two universes? That would be awesome even if only for Angus and Phoebe's returns. OMG. That would be major, but I'm having a hard time believing that somehow. Even if Lyla and Nixie were returning I'd be happy. :P

AHHH now wouldn't THAT be friggin awesome. But yeah, I don't think that would be at all feasible beyond perhaps a guest cameo esp with Phoebe working so much stateside and everyone else scattered career-wise. I bet that is someone's idea of the ideal cast or something. Cool thought about combining universes though :)

Mermaid Jaffa
01-21-2014, 08:05 PM
You can watch the entire series for free on the channel's website.
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-eleven/mako-island-of-secrets

lynsea
01-21-2014, 08:30 PM
I believe that photo is from people voting on their favorite characters. It doesn't have anything to do with the show. Sorry!

Miyu
01-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks for that video MerEmma! I wonder if Ivy knows that she could easily get a custom silicone tail made for recreational use? :P

MerEmma
01-21-2014, 10:12 PM
She's a mermaid! I think we might've known that though. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neQBTTm04aI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neQBTTm04aI

lynsea
01-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Was just about to post that! Well hey, I'm gonna watch it no matter what.

Mermaid Clarity
01-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Must be Cam.
He will probably be the "douche merman" and Zac the goodiegoodie merman :p

Nah, the new merman is some new guy Alex Cubis. Apparently he looks like this:

I'm excited because they said they want a thirds season in either LA, California or Berlin, Germany. (As a part-time L.A. mermaid, this makes me happy)

Mermaid Clarity
01-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Also in that video, are Allie's tail and top scales reddish pink?

Mermaid Oshun
01-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Hers isnt gold it looks pink and red with a little gold

Echidna
01-23-2014, 06:16 PM

I'm excited because they said they want a thirds season in either LA, California or Berlin, Germany. (As a part-time L.A. mermaid, this makes me happy)

Seems like a Cam replacement then, they're much alike :p
What's with all the replacing? :/

And a mermaid show in Berlin makes zero sense.
There's nothing to swim there except a cold, dirty river.
Unless it's going to be a pool-mermaid season :p

Mermaid Clarity
01-23-2014, 06:20 PM
I think Cam is still slated to appear in this next season but, he still looks like he's gonna be a jerk merman... jerkman... merjerk?

Actually I recant my statement about the pink tail. The glimpse of the fluke makes it look like maybe it's just an unfinished regular gold/orange tail.

Mermaid Oshun
01-23-2014, 06:21 PM
His cheekbones are like BAM!

lynsea
01-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah, the tails are unfinished. I've seen some other footage of season 1 (behind the scenes) with the girls swimming in tails before scales were painted.

Ariel-Starfish
02-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Ok ok... HOLD ON! Just finished season 1 here! :D Any news when second season is out?

lynsea
02-02-2014, 12:06 AM
No news yet, probably later this year.

lynsea
02-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Second vlog is up! That tail still looks really unfinished. Wonder why they're going through all that effort with an unfinished tail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=q4IVGtPHgGg

Ariel-Starfish
02-05-2014, 01:49 PM
thanks for sharing :)

Mermaid Clarity
02-05-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm sure they were just getting back shots or shots of them in the pool where you really don't see the front. In general we didn't see the fronts of their tails that ​much.

MerEmma
02-05-2014, 03:57 PM
No, I think that's just the way it's painted. The tails in season 1 were very pale on the front, and it seems they're just matching them.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8c03b2392297cb6d6c2c9d9066b28862/tumblr_mtdhsd6ePq1sj0a6to4_1280.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/3d7a33ef07372297d7fb7289781a0ebb/tumblr_mtflcbRsgL1sj0a6to4_250.png

MerEmma
02-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Found this on the Mako Mermaids wiki...seems like the same plot over again with a new merman basically.

"Two new mermaids arrive (Allie Bertram and Isabel Durant play new mermaids Mimmi and Ondina) and are afraid thatZac (http://h2o.wikia.com/wiki/Zac) is a threat to mermaid pods everywhere, but what they don't realize is that there is another merman in addition to Zac in town (Alex Cubis plays Erik) bent on seizing Mako Island for himself."

lynsea
02-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Ugg, god I hope it isn't the same plot :/

MerEmma
02-07-2014, 06:48 PM
It sure sounds like it. Seriously, if they have the same plot with different characters... :B

Echidna
02-08-2014, 05:38 AM
sounds a bit underwhelming, especially if the old cast just disappears instead of having a scene where they go back to rejoin the pod or something.

Mermaid Jaffa
02-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Maybe Nixy becomes one of the Mermaid Council members?

I just wished there was more variety in their tail colors. Orange for ladies and blue for men is just boring, even though I do like the show. Somewhere on the net, I read about mermaids with different tail colors within a pod, that indicated their ranking in said pod. I thought that was more interesting than these H20 tails.

MermanZen
02-10-2014, 07:44 PM
I agree if the plot is the same then it may not be as interesting as the first season

MermanZen
02-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Lol that would be amazing I wonder how the back story of mako island would collide with what the original h2o cast mermaids know Ooooo I wish

Mermaid Jaffa
02-13-2014, 09:29 PM
I want to see epic mermaid mermen battles with lightning and tsunamis and water bolts!

MerEmma
02-16-2014, 01:21 AM
Some behind the scenes of season 1 I found--bad quality, but it's pretty neat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtDcobwjeQ&amp;feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtDcobwjeQ&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyPX3T893P4&amp;feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyPX3T893P4&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Rz7l2nCbI&amp;feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Rz7l2nCbI&feature=youtu.be

Winged Mermaid
02-16-2014, 02:37 AM
Good to finally see Jason Baird of JMB FX Studios! 15 kilos = 33lbs. So they're about the same weight as commercial full silicone tails. But they have enough thick neoprene in them they have to use weights in the water as well. Cool! Thanks for sharing :)

KrazyKyle765
02-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Maybe Nixy becomes one of the Mermaid Council members?

I just wished there was more variety in their tail colors. Orange for ladies and blue for men is just boring, even though I do like the show. Somewhere on the net, I read about mermaids with different tail colors within a pod, that indicated their ranking in said pod. I thought that was more interesting than these H20 tails. Omg im so sorry to tell you guys this... I follow all of them on twitter and they told me that Lyla and Nixie will not appear in season 2!!!! I am so upset. BUUUUUT, they did say something about a plot twist involving Evie! A couple were saying that she might become a mermaid later on in the season! :jawdrop: Also, Lucy Fry has a good excuse... She has to be in Vampire Academy, so she cant do both... Ivy Latimer on the other hand, doesnt have a good excuse! Im upset. :(

Mermaid Jaffa
02-22-2014, 03:51 AM
NOOOOOO!! I liked Nixy, she had spunk.

lynsea
03-06-2014, 02:12 PM
New short video clip added today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEbO4W8XGJY&amp;feature=youtu.be

deepblue
03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Man those tails are so puffy at the ankles... I find it distracting. I'll watch anyway. But.

Oh, that clip there is a bit spoilery in case anyone's avoiding that.

Echidna
03-06-2014, 04:01 PM
ha, good you mentioned that!
I prefer to not know what will happen.

deepblue
03-06-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm kind of bummed I saw what I did. It's not much info, but there is clearly a major change I didn't see coming.

Mermaid Clarity
03-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Wow, those tails are puffy at the ankle. Less so in the water though.

Mermaid Azira
03-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Of course they named a character Eric. Maybe they will have a mermaid named Ariel too?

Ugh that plot again? Meh. I will still probably watch it anyways. Sometimes. When I'm bored. Maybe.

Mermaid Jaffa
03-08-2014, 01:43 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

Their tails got fat over the holidays!

spottedcatfish
03-08-2014, 03:06 AM

More pictures of the new merman: http://chadwickmodels.com/models/alex-cubis/

Echidna
04-07-2014, 07:12 PM
any news regarding the second season?

I just finished original H2O, and I loved the season 3 finale.
Need moar now.

Mermaid Jaffa
04-07-2014, 11:22 PM
Nothing much. I've seen some of their vlogs on youtube. Its just the same vids that someone else has posted before.

lynsea
04-28-2014, 09:24 AM
fair warning: MAJOR MAKO MERMAIDS SEASON 2 SPOILERS.

Check out the first mermaid on the left... that's new!

https://twitter.com/ufojmsp/status/460665251478794240/photo/1/large

Mermaid Clarity
04-28-2014, 07:05 PM
fair warning: MAJOR MAKO MERMAIDS SEASON 2 SPOILERS.

Check out the first mermaid on the left... that's new!

https://twitter.com/ufojmsp/status/460665251478794240/photo/1/large

Well we know that there are going to be two new mermaids, at least.

lynsea
04-28-2014, 07:16 PM
We knew that. To some extent they replaced the other two mermaids who left. But (avoiding spoilers here) the mermaid on the far left was part of the last season and definitely not a mermaid in it. Can't wait to hear the story arch between the two seasons that's going to fit all of these changes.

bluegill
04-29-2014, 12:32 AM
Is Evie a mermaid too.

lynsea
05-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Possible June/July (probably July) 2014 release date for season 2 on netflix.

lynsea
05-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Didn't feel like making this it's own thread yet but H2O is being adapted for an animated series.

Twitter announcement (https://twitter.com/OfficialMakoRo/status/464371301969588224)

MerEmma
05-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Wow. That...sounds really weird. I don't know if I could get used to different voices for the characters.

Mermaid Clarity
05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Maybe they'll do the animated series like they did Mako Mermaids and just keep the basic mermaid rules the same but change everything else.

lynsea
05-11-2014, 06:37 PM
^ That's my guess too. The mermaids look nothing like the original characters. I know that's not much to go on but I can only assume animating the series gives the writers a lot more freedom. It's a bit easier to animate an underwater magic sequence than it is to film live actors and put in special effects.

sashiyoop
05-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Also, hey look, different tail colors. Depending on the first episode, I may end up really liking this animated H2O, but there's also a chance that it'll just be really cheesy.

As for Mako, the more mermen, the better in my opinion, but I'm really upset that Lucy and Ivy won't be back. Being the last of the original three will give Sirena a little more room for some character development, but these new mermaids better be likeable/well developed characters to make up for the loss of such plot-driving characters. Sirena never was all that assertive. The plot itself also seems really shallow, and unless there's some interesting plot twist that will be revealed later, that in and of itself may deter me from watching it. Evie as a mermaid would have been great potential for animosity (and therefore plotfodder) between her and Lyla, but seeing as she never really had much important interaction with Sirena, any strife the writers try to sew into their relationship will seemed forced.

The hypothetical merging of the Mako and H2O universes would be extremely interesting, and could delve into specifics of the mer-world and its social rules and politics. It's a very interesting concept, but unfortunately, few fic writers have tried to tackle the idea, and fewer still have the writing ability to pull it off. The universes are just different enough from each other to be considered different universes entirely, but with a little creative writing from the show writers, that could easily be fixed.

Anywhodles, I'm excited for season two regardless, and will probably end up watching it because mers, but unless they have something interesting up their sleeves, it won't be as good as the first season, which in turn wasn't as good as H2O (this is me recommending H2O to anyone who hasn't seen it if the countless twelvie youtube series haven't put you off).

Mermaid Jaffa
05-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Are the H2O episodes on youtube the real deal? I tried watching Season 2 Episode 1 yesterday, and couldn't stand the dubbed chipmunk voices.

MerEmma
05-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Could you link them? I didn't find them.

lynsea
05-12-2014, 07:39 PM
And now their tweeting about a possible other season as well as a movie. I think they're just grasping at straws at this point :/

sashiyoop
05-12-2014, 08:07 PM
*Sigh* I wish they'd just give us a little more concrete stuff with some definite answers.

Mermaid Jaffa
05-13-2014, 01:15 AM
Here they are, in all their chipmunk glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFd5Z5V6-Do

Echidna
05-13-2014, 08:05 AM
Here they are, in all their chipmunk glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFd5Z5V6-Do

er...seems like they sped the soundfile up for lolz?
you can hear it in the title song already, that's NOT how it normally sounds :p

MerEmma
05-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Yeah, that's not H2O's normal sound. No need to worry, they don't sound like that. :P

MermanOliver
05-13-2014, 08:31 AM
In fact, that is not even the usual title song, at least not the version we get in Germany on DVD. There the title is "ordinary girl" for all three seasons on both the English and the German track. Maybe different countries have different titles?

Sent from my phonebrick using Tapatalk

Mermaid Mhara
05-23-2014, 05:52 AM
Actually that's not the title sequence :P that's just the first scene of season 2 episode 1....it's a swim scene accompanied by music. The title sequence is usually before that but is cut in this video.

My guess is they either changed the pitch, or sped up the audio in order to avoid 'copyright infringement' which happens all too often on YouTube with TV shows and such.

Is the animated H2O thing real?? :O I can't click on the Twitter link, my PC says Twitter is an unsafe site and may have potential viruses...so can't go check the announcement thingy.

sashiyoop
05-26-2014, 07:22 AM
Looks like it, but I don't spend enough time (or any) on twitter to be 100% certain. I'm 96% certain, though, that this is real.

lynsea
05-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Had a mini heart attack when I saw this picture!

Look at all the tails! So many tails! I'm sure some of them are backups but damn that's a lot of mermaids.

Edit: Apparently, the tails on top are from H2O so now we know what happened to them! Not sure what this means. The only actresses (mermaids) I could see coming back from the H2O universe would be Bella and Rikki as those actresses aren't involved in major shows in another hemisphere. It could either be that or maybe they're just reusing those tails for scenes with many mermaids.

Mermaid Wesley
05-27-2014, 09:31 PM
let me just drool on these a little bit

Mermaid Mhara
05-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Oh my word :O what stunning tails they make <3 makes me want to try and replicate one...

Mermaid Mhara
05-27-2014, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know if they still hand make the scales and apply them all individually? Or have they found a new process?

sashiyoop
05-28-2014, 04:12 AM
Ah, so pretty! it's really cool seeing the h2o tails and how much more vibrant the mako mermaids tails are.

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk 2

Mermaid_Aqua
05-30-2014, 03:28 AM
cant wait for season 2 to come on Netflix its taking to long :/

KrazyKyle765
06-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Okay, so I have been reading up on season 2 and i found this. Its on the Mako Mermaids/H2O wiki.21853

KrazyKyle765
06-19-2014, 04:14 PM
And the mystery of Lyla and Nixie is solved!

MerEmma
06-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Ugh, nearly the same plot line again. I'll watch (and likely enjoy) it anyway, but still. :/

WavyMermaidy
06-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Ugh, nearly the same plot line again. I'll watch (and likely enjoy) it anyway, but still. :/
Ditto to all that :D

lynsea
06-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Same plot except, hey let's just make everyone a mermaid. Ah hell, I'll still watch it.

lynsea
06-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Looks like they just wrapped up season 2 filming... progress!

lynsea
06-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Apparently trailer and potential season 2 release late this year with a potential for season 3.

sashiyoop
06-27-2014, 09:03 AM
:O

Yay.

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk 2

MerEmma
07-04-2014, 10:49 AM
What an awesome photo Chai posted on his Instagram! http://instagram.com/p/pw9FdlNphO/?modal=true
(The linking is being weird but I'm trying to link to the most recent one of him swimming in a large pool, lol)

SeaMansa
07-13-2014, 12:27 AM
So i just watched the first season (totally binged in like 3 days). Anyone know when the second season is coming out? I don't have Netflix but I internet pirate my butt off >>

coral_sybil
07-16-2014, 03:59 PM
As far as I can tell they've finished three episodes of the next season, but I cannot find them anywhere.

spottedcatfish
07-17-2014, 02:04 AM
I've totally dropped off the radar with this. What episode/ season are they up to now? Also has the show gotten any better?

mermaidgirl7
07-18-2014, 06:13 PM
I've totally dropped off the radar with this. What episode/ season are they up to now? Also has the show gotten any better?
I don't think it has aired yet. Sadly i don't have netflix anymore so ill have to wait for amazon to have it.

Also what does everyone think of the rings. Which do you like better locket crystals or rings?

Mermaid Jaffa
07-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Neither. I've never liked the jewelry much as I always believed if one is born of the sea, then magic would come naturally to them. Not stored away in some little trinket, that if it got lost, then they can't do magic.

TaurielTheElementMerfairy
07-23-2014, 12:46 PM
​I actually love them all and when I can I would love to have both necklaces to look like my favorite H2o mermaid Cleo and have a replica ring like the mermaids from the Mako Mermaids show.
Im a huge fan of both shows and I collect stuff from the H2o show and I would like to do the same with the Mako show.
I don't know how to design my own mer jewelry or make them either cause I don't know what to get and where to buy everything also so that they all look like I found the pieces on the ocean floor and then hand made everything.
Cause I do know that I would like them to be shells pearls beads green foliage and anything else that I'm missing so that they look like a mermaid actually made them all.
If you can help me come up with my own designs so that I can make them please let me know here as soon as you all can.
:D :) :D :) :D :)

Mermaid Jaffa
07-24-2014, 04:38 AM
You could go to the Fire Mountains website or any online bead shop, and look at their beads. Some of them do look like the gemstones used in the shows, and there are tutorials on youtube on how to make the Mako and H2O jewelry.

lynsea
09-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Looks like we're getting a season 2 trailer this week. The AUS website has been updated with a plot synopsis for the season that, honestly, I did a double take for while reading it... it's very similar to the first season. Anyway, looks like they're aiming for a Spring 2015 release I believe but we'll know more after the trailer.

sashiyoop
09-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Ah yes finally! I'm disappointed at the plot, but hey, mermaids, and that's what fanfic is for.

Sent from my iFoam using Tapatalk

Trident True
09-12-2014, 07:08 AM
can you see it? there is more than meets the eye. i wonder?
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n133/kylecharmedone/mko_zps4e664aa8.jpg (http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kylecharmedone/media/mko_zps4e664aa8.jpg.html)

Sherielle
09-12-2014, 10:57 AM
how do those tails move? they are so long. I didn't realize when I watched the series that they were longer than their legs.

MerEmma
09-12-2014, 11:05 AM
There's a footplate they use, and their feet press down on it to kick the fluke. Very complex & cool, you notice it if you look closely when they swim. :)

Sherielle
09-12-2014, 11:07 AM
Ooh! and is that a huge spotted dorsal fin? That's new

Trident True
09-13-2014, 06:39 AM
i posted the photo as i saw something that raised my suspicions for season 2. you will notice that she is wearing a MOON ring, this raised Q's as only mermaids that have completed mermaid school/ training get them. which is what Rita gave Lyla and Nixie in the last episode. as Serena's Ring was her sisters Aquata's. so it just makes you wonder how she obtained her ring. it'll be interesting to see how things pan out for the new season.

Mermaid Jaffa
09-15-2014, 04:11 AM
Maybe she's from the Mermaid Council come to have sticky beak on dry land.

lynsea
09-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Here's the new trailer! http://zdf-enterprises.de/en/catalogue/international/zdfejunior/live-action/mako-mermaids/season-2

Honestly I think they just went with "hey lets make EVERYONE a mermaid and EVERYONE finds out about EVERYONE." Ah well. At least the special effects look pretty good. You can be damn sure I'm going to watch the whole series.

Mermaid Jaffa
09-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Which got me thinking, what pod are the other mermen (not Zac) from?

Kaila Mermaid
09-15-2014, 11:22 PM
I've been resorting to buying the show on DVD and have only evidently seen the first half of season 1. Agh I need to find more of this show..

Sent from the bottom of the sea using Tapatalk

MerShellly
09-15-2014, 11:31 PM
I've been resorting to buying the show on DVD and have only evidently seen the first half of season 1. Agh I need to find more of this show..

Sent from the bottom of the sea using Tapatalk
It was so weird, about half a year ago I got to see all of season 1 on youtube, but when I looked the episodes up last week, they only had the full episodes in Bulgarian (I think that was the language) translation. I guess youtube took the English ones off because of copyright?

malinghi
09-16-2014, 01:34 AM
"hey lets make EVERYONE a mermaid and EVERYONE finds out about EVERYONE."

I have this image in my head of the team after the first season wrapped:

"Hey, Mr. Shiff! Turns out we were 10 grand under budget! We can afford to hire a decent writer for next season!"
"Spend it all on mermaid tails."
"But Mr. Shiff, we-"
"MORE MERMAAAIIDS!!"

MerEmma
09-16-2014, 11:59 AM
^ Hahaha, sounds about right to me. ;P

The trailer was pretty damn spoiler-filled, I'll tell you that...looks like I know what'll happen this season! I'll tune in anyway, but it doesn't seem all that exciting. :B

lynsea
09-16-2014, 12:02 PM
I have this image in my head of the team after the first season wrapped:

"Hey, Mr. Shiff! Turns out we were 10 grand under budget! We can afford to hire a decent writer for next season!"
"Spend it all on mermaid tails."
"But Mr. Shiff, we-"
"MORE MERMAAAIIDS!!"

OMG, I'm dying here. That has to be the truth.

Shelly: Honestly the best way to see the show would be to get that free month of Netflix and watch it within the space of that month before cancelling your account before it gets charged.

Ariel-Starfish
09-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Lol actually I almost not concentrate on the storyline anymoe, just the parst where they are swimming in tails :grin: the trailer makes me want to see more!

MarkF
09-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Looks to me from the trailer that only Evie is the only friend to become a new mermaid. "Nixie should be freaking out." As for friends discovering, I don't see how'd they avoid that.
In H2o I never understood why Cleo never told her Dad, they were pretty tight. Seems to me with the fishing fleet they could have added more story directions.
The Pod coming by works for me and it gives additional characters to pop in and out of the series as they need story line. The show is scheduled to end when they finish season 3.
I wish they could find a way for the H20 cast to visit.

I think the title could be "The pod comes to visit"

lynsea
09-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Ok, so I'm rewatching H2O and I think I now know why I have so much of an issue with Mako Mermaids (apart from the obvious... acting). The watchers can relate so much more to the H2O girls than they can the Mako ones. These are humans who have a weird change thrust upon them. We can more easily put ourselves in their shoes making us more comfortable with the characters and fulfilling any fantasy element we wish our own lives had. The Mako girls, however, are weird and foreign because they ARE mermaids trying to adjust to the human world. The think things like cats are weird and it's a lot harder and less interesting for us to take step back from our own feelings and say "yeah cats are weird." It's a lot easier and more fun to imagine ourselves as mermaids and thinking "how can I avoid the full moon." Anyway just my two cents.

As a side note, a canadian/USA mermaid? How the heck are they going to explain that one?

Echidna
09-17-2014, 11:44 AM
The watchers can relate so much more to the H2O girls than they can the Mako ones.

It was the other way around for me!
H2O had its moments, but I could never really relate to any of them.

The story/acting of Mako was maybe a bit weaker, but I really liked the protagonists were true mermaids instead of turned human teenagers.
I loved they had different things to be aware of (and some fantasy stuff, like the snow rash etc) instead of the same old, same old of H2O-like films.

I'm excited to see the next season.
Here's hoping it does not repeat too much of the first season, that would be quite the letdown lol.

Trident True
09-27-2014, 07:02 AM
GUYS HERE IT IS.... OMG. tell me if you still think it has the same STORY LINE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu0YAhJsKkc&amp;feature=youtu.be

Echidna
09-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Looking good so far!

I'll probably buy it when it's available on amazon.
Waiting for someone to do a youtube upload, and finding none (or a crappy cellphone one) is always so nerve-wrecking. :p

lynsea
09-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Watching this again, there are at least four new mermaids (Erik, Mimmi, Ondina, Evie, etc.)... oh silly Shiff.

MarkF
09-28-2014, 12:32 PM
I read somewhere that it doesn't start till January.
Do we have to wait the whole season for Netflix to get it?
I don't see it on Hulu. :crying:

lynsea
09-28-2014, 04:52 PM
The episodes usually all come out at once on Netflix in two parts. For this last season, the first 13 episodes came out at once followed by the second half of the season a few months later.

Im rewatching season one at the moment and I'm realizing my biggest issue with it. In H2O the mermaids are a great example of powerful independent girls. In Mako, the merman is always portrayed as the most powerful of everyone. Even three mermaids are not able to overpower a Zac. Maybe it's just me nitpicking but I really like the message H2O gave to younger kids and I think Mako isn't really doing the same thing.

MarkF
09-28-2014, 08:50 PM
I wonder when we will see it?

Mermaid Jaffa
09-29-2014, 05:11 AM
I'm hoping it'll on our tv screens sometime this summer.

Trident True
09-30-2014, 08:39 AM
I heard January sometime for Australian residents, BUT the rest of the world will probably see it first before Australia. they seem to let us wait here. its like waiting to die...

SeaVixen
10-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I watched the full season 1 on some website I came across at the beginning of the year. I don't have Netflix and was desperate to find it somewhere and got lucky. A YouTube video had a link in the description that took me to a site not in English that had all the episodes (in english) so I spent 2 days watching them all back to back. I hooked my laptop up to my flatscreen and it was Great!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
10-10-2014, 04:14 AM
I watched the full season 1 on some website I came across at the beginning of the year. I don't have Netflix and was desperate to find it somewhere and got lucky. A YouTube video had a link in the description that took me to a site not in English that had all the episodes (in english) so I spent 2 days watching them all back to back. I hooked my laptop up to my flatscreen and it was Great!

Thats triloo or what ever it's name was, right?? I had to do the same!!

Miyu
10-10-2014, 05:05 AM
trilulilu :) I have that site bookmarked, because apparently it's the only way I can watch Mako Mermaids since I no longer have Netflix (and Hulu+ doesn't have it)

SeaVixen
10-10-2014, 02:10 PM
trilulilu :) I have that site bookmarked, because apparently it's the only way I can watch Mako Mermaids since I no longer have Netflix (and Hulu+ doesn't have it)

Thats triloo or what ever it's name was, right?? I had to do the same!!
Yeah that's it! I wanna see season 2 now

Mermaid Neri Elvina
10-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Yeah that's it! I wanna see season 2 now
Me too!! I don't have Netflix so that's the only way for me

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk

Mermaid Neri Elvina
10-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Ohh it was trilulilu!!

MarkF
10-10-2014, 04:14 PM
TridentTrue- I'd think you've gotta see it first. The production is filmed there and made for Australians.
USA, we only get police & doctor shows.

SeaVixen
10-10-2014, 04:48 PM
TridentTrue- I'd think you've gotta see it first. The production is filmed there and made for Australians.
USA, we only get police & doctor shows.
Exactly, wasn't it just a year or so ago when they finally let the USA see H2O for the first time on tv. I couldn't even find it on American DVD online. They had it in UK DVD but you can't play those on American DVD players

Mermaid Neri Elvina
10-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Exactly, wasn't it just a year or so ago when they finally let the USA see H2O for the first time on tv. I couldn't even find it on American DVD online. They had it in UK DVD but you can't play those on American DVD players
You can't play UK DVDs on USA DVD players?? I never knew that!!

SeaVixen
10-10-2014, 05:06 PM
You can't play UK DVDs on USA DVD players?? I never knew that!!

No they have a different format or read differently than American players do. There was a disclaimer on amazon that warned people of that. Then I researched it and sure enough if you put a UK DVD in an American player nothing will happen. The American player will think the disc is blank. I know it sucks! Just like UK electrical outlets look different than USA outlets so there goes buying a UK DVD player. We pretty much are screwed lol. I remember seeing H2O for the first time in the Bahamas a year or so before they finally let the USA play it on tv. Only saw like 4 episodes though. I was so excited when they finally played it on American tv and I got to see 2 seasons. If there's a 3rd season we haven't see it here yet :/ and none of the mako shows have been played on American tv yet. Thank god for Internet! Lol

MarkF
10-10-2014, 05:49 PM
They call it a region code. Older players were told by the factory what region they are for, generally now when you put in your first DVD it becomes what ever the DVD was.
The movies the same, just a note on the DVD tells the player what area it's for. It allows the companies to sell DVDs for different prices in different countries and also to prevent DVDs from being seen in places they don't want them seen.
:thinks:

Mermaid Neri Elvina
10-11-2014, 03:47 AM
No they have a different format or read differently than American players do. There was a disclaimer on amazon that warned people of that. Then I researched it and sure enough if you put a UK DVD in an American player nothing will happen. The American player will think the disc is blank. I know it sucks! Just like UK electrical outlets look different than USA outlets so there goes buying a UK DVD player. We pretty much are screwed lol. I remember seeing H2O for the first time in the Bahamas a year or so before they finally let the USA play it on tv. Only saw like 4 episodes though. I was so excited when they finally played it on American tv and I got to see 2 seasons. If there's a 3rd season we haven't see it here yet :/ and none of the mako shows have been played on American tv yet. Thank god for Internet! Lol
There is a third season of H2o.

SeaVixen
10-11-2014, 03:49 AM
There is a third season of H2o.

There's gotta be a way to see it!!!!!! I must

Mermaid Neri Elvina
10-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Hmmm... To the interwebs!!

SeaVixen
10-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Hmmm... To the interwebs!!

America needs to get with the program! I need my mermaid show fix!!!!!

Mermaid Fenicia
10-11-2014, 08:24 AM
I have all 3 seasons official on DVD.
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1470304_439580702813333_533646210_n.jpg?oh=fca5bd5 0fbe3cef3ef20c82d58d0ec19&oe=54F32575

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1466177_439580742813329_419381653_n.jpg?oh=58b4822 dfbbe551bd59a31e860bcdde3&oe=54C3F691&__gda__=1421317738_feb54050c4a5f19a3938c05c512081c 1https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10313810_503818843056185_2555510084801723449_n.jpg ?oh=b2ce5a0f5e534094c60533da1e674963&oe=54C14445)https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1466177_439580742813329_419381653_n.jpg?oh=58b4822 dfbbe551bd59a31e860bcdde3&oe=54C3F691&__gda__=1421317738_feb54050c4a5f19a3938c05c512081c 1

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10313810_503818843056185_2555510084801723449_n.jpg ?oh=b2ce5a0f5e534094c60533da1e674963&oe=54C14445

AptaMer
10-18-2014, 10:01 PM

Hey SeaVixen,

Yes, for the longest time the DVDs for H2O were only available in the Australian region code (region 4) and they wouldn't play in conventional DVD players either in North America or Europe.

They would play in my computer's DVD drive though, after I installed a piece of software that got the computer drive to ignore region codes. They actually looked very nice on my computer's monitor too- I think it has a higher quality image than a TV.

What you should know, though, is there are DVD players that will ignore those pesky "region codes" and play DVDs from anywhere.

Here are some examples http://buyersguide.bargainoffers.com/region_free_dvd_guide.shtml

You can buy them over the internet, many are on sale on Ebay.

Some are actually sold on Amazon too.

There are some models that you can set up to play all regions just using secret remote codes too. Here's what one author said: "I bought a Phillips DVD player (DVP642) for $40 from BestBuy a few years ago, unlocked it in 10 seconds and watched a bunch of British comedy the same day" after getting the information from VideoHelp.com

http://www.wisebread.com/make-your-dvd-player-region-free-in-seconds

deepblue
10-18-2014, 10:12 PM
VLC Player plays all regions in a computer's DVD player. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Also, as for DVD players can be changed to play all regions, I looked for the code online (which is input via the player's remote) and changed my DVD player so that it would play DVDs I got from England, though the player was meant to play only US region DVDs. That one you try at your own risk, though. ;)

JaceAquarius
10-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Actually you can get the complete series of H2o Just Add Water (season 1 - 3) for USA dvd players (Region 1) on amazon:

www.amazon.com/H2O-Just-Add-Water-Complete/dp/B008NNY9U8/ref=sr_1_8

I have it coming this Friday! It's only the individual seasons sold on Amazon that don't work on US dvd players.

Mermaid Clarity
11-29-2014, 12:09 AM
GUYS HERE IT IS.... OMG. tell me if you still think it has the same STORY LINE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu0YAhJsKkc&amp;feature=youtu.be

I'm not going to lie, I'm loving mermaid Evie. When does this thing come out?!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
11-29-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm not going to lie, I'm loving mermaid Evie. When does this thing come out?!
I think it is next year. I am losing patience!! Need this to come sooner!

AptaMer
11-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Jonathan Shiff has a Twitter feed you can follow. He sometimes posts helpful info about the production and airing schedules.

https://twitter.com/ufojmsp

He did confirm that season 3 is a go for Mako Mermaids.

Also, he had said that season 2 would premiere in Dec, 2014, but according to IMDB it's been pushed back to January 2015.

Mermaid Jaffa
12-01-2014, 03:02 AM
Is this a spin off? Or fan made?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_9zvBNV_cU

SeaMansa
12-01-2014, 06:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_9zvBNV_cU I just googled it. It's real apparently. Well the show is an upcoming cartoon show.

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-01-2014, 07:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_9zvBNV_cU
I had heard of this before... I'm not sure what to make of it really.

sashiyoop
12-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Oh yeah, I was wondering if this was actually going to be a thing or not.

Are the character designs getting to anyone else, or is that just me?

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Oh yeah, I was wondering if this was actually going to be a thing or not.

Are the character designs getting to anyone else, or is that just me?

Nope not just you. Rikki especially. The tails matching the hair, Rikki having red hair and the whole style of the cartoon is really bugging me

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Just noticed something else, they have a tail on land at the moon pool, pause at 0:53

sashiyoop
12-01-2014, 07:19 AM
And is that supposed to be Lewis?

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-01-2014, 07:28 AM
And is that supposed to be Lewis?

Probably...

Miyu
12-01-2014, 07:34 AM
weirddddd... but I'll probably watch it anyways. At least a little :p

As for that trailer for next season of Mako Mermaids...

"EVERYONE GETS TAILS. THE CAMERA CREW GETS TAILS. THE CATERER GETS A TAIL. In fact, forget about writers at all, we're all just going to get into tails and film that, then film a bunch of shots of us pushing each other into water and holding hands underwater."

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-01-2014, 07:40 AM
weirddddd... but I'll probably watch it anyways. At least a little :p

As for that trailer for next season of Mako Mermaids...

"EVERYONE GETS TAILS. THE CAMERA CREW GETS TAILS. THE CATERER GETS A TAIL. In fact, forget about writers at all, we're all just going to get into tails and film that, then film a bunch of shots of us pushing each other into water and holding hands underwater."
Yeah the trailer for season two... I have no words

AptaMer
12-01-2014, 07:47 AM

I'm starting to get inspired. Question: what would a movie look like if it was made by merpeople instead of denizens of land ?

Miyu
12-01-2014, 08:26 AM
I was wondering the same, aptamer! What happened if mermaids bought some high-tech film equipment? :D

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Oooooo I wonder...