PDA

View Full Version : Places to swim in Seattle?

Theobromine
09-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone, I just moved back to the Seattle area and I'm looking for places to swim that are mermaid friendly. When I was growing up here, I lived on the eastside and mostly just swam in Lake Sammammish (before I realized how gross it is :P ). Does anyone know any good, clean, mermaid-friendly pools in the Seattle area? What about good beaches? Although I think the beaches might have closed for swimming by now :(

Triton-Mahtlinnie
09-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Well, in terms of beaches I will say that South Lake Union is a pleasant place to swim. It's a small, shallow lake so it gets pretty warm in the sun, which is rare around here. The south end is also pretty clean and clear, with a lovely park. I live in downtown and work at South Lake Union, so you can find me swimming there a few days a week :U least while the summer weather is still around.

I don't swim in pools much, but I have used my tail at the Meridian Pool just off Aurora. It was fairly late in the day, and I was allowed to tailswim in the deep end. If you find other tail-friendly pools, lemme know. I'm gonna need some warm places to swim as soon as the weather cools off. :3

Winged Mermaid
09-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Awesome! Another mermaid in the area :D Be sure to check out our FB group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/252896128117650/)- lot more pod interaction on there. I don't know any in the Seattle area sadly :/ I'm over in Silverdale and have never been to a pool in Seattle. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though as I wouldn't mind making a trip across the sound for a swim :) Looking forward to meeting you! ^_^

Mermaid Karina
12-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Heya! There's a great gym/pool called Samena where I go mermaiding. You have to be a part of the gym membership to go regularly I think but it's well worth it if you can do it! I go there on a weekly basis most of the time, and I have one other mer friend that I swim with. If you want maybe we could swim together sometime. :) It's kind of my dream to be in an active pod and do photo shoots and films and stuff. :) IF ANYONE ELSE LIVES IN THE BELLEVUE, WA AREA, PLEASE WRITE ME...I'd love to meet up!

May the tide be with you....

Mermaid Karina
12-01-2013, 04:03 AM
By the way, Samena is in Bellevue.

Theobromine
12-01-2013, 03:45 PM
I was actually just looking at the Samena Club website yesterday. I was super annoyed, though, because they didn't list any membership prices on their website. That kind of thing annoys the crap out of me. I MIGHT be able to look into joining a gym/club once I find a new job, but that's not really an option right now. And as much as I do love gymming, I was hoping I could at least find a place that would let me just use the pool without having to purchase a full membership.

I'm in the Issaquah area, btw. Once my new tattoo finishes healing I'm going to check out the one public pool we have here in town and see if they will let me mermaid there. I don't think the entrance fee is that expensive. I'll report back once I find out if they'll let me in there with my tail. I'd love to have someone in the area to swim with!

darcyexene
12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Are there any mermaid friendly places to swim in eastern wa?