PDA

View Full Version : Share your photoshoot DREAM locations!

SeaSister
09-19-2013, 03:50 AM
So, during the summer I went on a vacation to Italy. It was my third time there (I love it so much, I'm learning Italian and I hope to go back again within the next year or so) and one of the places we visited, of course, was Venice. I've always had a special place in my heart for Venice, but going there after finding out about mermaiding has put this crazy thought in my head that, once I can afford a tail, I would LOVE to do a photoshoot there. I know, I know, "ewww but the water is so dirty and stinky!" Well, that's sort of true. The water definitely doesn't smell, but it is kind of dirty - too cloudy for underwater shoots, anyways. But my dream is to do a mainly-dry photoshoot wearing a Venetian mask, and maybe a few pictures with gondoliers. Ugh. It makes me antsy just thinking about it!

Anyways, I just created this thread so that we could all share our ideal photoshoot spots. Already got to do a photoshoot in your dream spot? Great! Please share pictures. :D

I look forward to seeing/reading what people have in mind for photoshoot ideas.

Arella
09-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Underwater caves :) too dangerous though... (at least w/a tail)

Aziara
09-19-2013, 11:28 AM
A blue cave would be cool, you know the ones that are only half filled with water? Someone just posted some pictures of one http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?4476-Oh-my-FINS!-Look-at-this!!!

Ariel-Starfish
09-19-2013, 12:55 PM
It may be simple, butbi's my goal for next summer:, A beach! ;)

Fifi Tigg
09-19-2013, 07:29 PM
my dream is to take pictures of mermaids under the famous Busselton Jetty! This summer I'm going to make it happen!

Mizuko
09-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Anywhere theres coral! :D My biggest dream is to visit an island in the Great Barrier Reef to swim there, or Hawaii in the deep clear waters.

Mermaid Marissa
09-19-2013, 09:57 PM
my dream is to take pictures of mermaids under the famous Busselton Jetty! This summer I'm going to make it happen!

PICK ME! That looks amazing! :jawdrop:

SeaSister
09-20-2013, 02:48 AM

Ahhh that looks so cool! I've never heard of the Busselton Jetty, but I'll definitely look into it.

Another place I would LOVE to do a photoshoot at is in the Amazon rainforest... while it's flooded. It's super neat, because for one part of the year you can be just walking through this perfectly nice (albeit wet) rainforest jungle, but then during another part of the year it becomes a varzea. Basically, the Amazon floods and the water can rise over three metres, creating this eerie underwater landscape.

Now, the only problem with that is... it's the Amazon. As in, home to things like anacondas, piranhas and those creepy little worm-like fish that like to make their way up your, er, "pee-hole". Yeah. Basically, I'm not sure I'd want to go swimming in that sort of area without proper diving protection, but then it kind of ruins the fun that comes with dressing up as a mermaid. I guess I could do it in other places where the rivers flood, though. Here's some really cool pictures of people diving in flooded areas:

http://loffee.com/2013/06/05/diving-flooded-areas-9-pictures-of-diving-through-a-landscape/

Anahita
09-20-2013, 03:13 AM
those creepy little worm-like fish that like to make their way up your, er, "pee-hole".

I heard they only ever swim up your "pee-hole" if you're actually peeing while submerged in the water.... Which is why men are the ones who usually report having the problem. ;)

Anahita
09-20-2013, 03:28 AM
Back on subject, I just want to be able to go back to where I'm from and do a photoshoot on Kish.

spottedcatfish
09-20-2013, 06:50 AM
I would love to swim in my tail here: 14713

Fifi Tigg
09-20-2013, 07:36 PM
I would happily take pictures of you Mermaid Marissa if you would like to fly over to Western Australia :cool:

Gem Stone
09-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Anywhere with crystal clear waters and beautiful scenery

Yulia
09-23-2013, 09:45 AM
It would be cool to dress up as a mermaid next to the Mermaid-statue in Copenhagen!
Have any of you done that?