PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Youtube comments... part 2!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

AniaR
09-23-2013, 05:51 PM
I had started a thread a while ago about people who leave really stupid youtube comments. Often without even watching the video. So, I'd like to get a new one going where people can shows theirs! Marvel at some of the idiotic comments we have all gotten. Now, I monitor mine and tend to delete the realllly stupid ones. But once in a while I let one go through so I can reply to the person. Examples

On my video advertising my book:

Question: why is a seemingly grown woman so worried about people thinking a girl in a costume is real? -_-

Here I am SIX MONTHS AGO complimenting Iona on her video where she's doing a cute little thing under water for 32 seconds without a breath

Seriously, 6 months later you need to point out you don't agree that 32 seconds is nice? you wear a mermaid tail and keep yourself on the bottom of the pool for 32 seconds loser -_-

Then there's the people who dont even read the description or listen to the video where I say over and over where my tail came from (i get like 100 of these)

On this same video I get about 50 "CAN I HAVE YOUR OLD TAIL" and about 50 "SHOW US YOU SWIMMING IN IT" -_- cuz you know, no one can click the link to see the rest of the videos....

Then there's the people who think my original mertailor tail (the most expensive he offered at the time) must have been a super cheap tail I bought. Why didn't I just buy a merbellas tail (who didn't exist for years later) if I had all that money??? lol

Not exactly a stupid comment, but whenever people have problems with Eric they come to me. I am not making that up. I get loads of these comments! When I tell you strangers come to me, I mean it, lol. I don't know what they expect me to do or why they think commenting on a youtube video will do anything

On unboxing videos.... lol

oh Gawd...

uh. whut?

Because I always am.

The repeat offender...

Another unboxing video know it all

these jerks (of which I get 100s)

...to be continued...

deepblue
09-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Oh. My. Gahd.

WOW. >.<

AniaR
09-23-2013, 05:55 PM
these ones arent even that bad. I usually delete the bad ones lol

deepblue
09-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Honestly, my favorite are the people who are all about making sure YOU KNOW that mermaids are not real. You're not fooling them!

Mermaid Shayna
09-23-2013, 06:16 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3qnik7.jpg

Mermaid Adriel
09-23-2013, 06:26 PM
urgh... :mad: people like this make me so nervous -_-''''' expecially when they say something like sentences without commas/other points and thousands of "please".
[eg: PLEASE GIVE ME THAT TAIL I WANT ONE I JUST MESSAGED TO YOU CAN I HAVE IT PLEASE.]

I also say "Please": PLEASE, get lost from me! :headdesk:

Ariadne
09-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Lawd help me, I am laughing so hard! Raina, will you teach me to be delishious like you? I insist on lessons on delishiousness in your next book...

telzey.amberdon
09-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Mermaids aren't real? Say it isn't so!!

PearlieMae
09-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Oh, these are killing me! Keep 'em coming!

Miyu
09-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Oh man this is awesome. I love stupid comments...

Although, all the horrid spelling and grammar (not mention the repeat offender LOL) just kind of broke my brain a little I think...

Winged Mermaid
09-23-2013, 11:12 PM
I can see why you turn your comments off. The amount of "whered you get it" comments on a video TITLED "Merbella Studios performance full silicone tail unboxing - Mermaid Iona" with where I ordered it stated IN THE VIDEO and also stated in the video that the links to said tail maker would be IN THE DESCRIPTION and all the info in said description.. it drives me nuts. HUNDREDS of people..
Whered you buy it?" "Were did u get it?" "how did you get the tail and how did you order it". I don't answer anymore. If they want to know they can take 2 seconds to read the description or the TITLE of the dang video.

A ton of people were telling me I was an idiot for putting the tail on IN the water. Cause they know SO MUCH about how to put a full silicone tail on. Cause everyone has one don't you know :P
Also so many people saying that I took too long to put my tail on (5 minutes first try without lube, they don't know that's was practically a record for first timers haha) and saying I was stupid for filming that part when I said the whole point of the video was to see that, and the swimming at the end was just a bonus.

I ban those that do the chain comment things. It irks me.

And of course all the people asking me to buy them one because they don't have the money or to give me theirs "becuase it's their dream".

And this was funny I thought.

Oh, and don't forget the hundreds of 6-10 year old smart alecs!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/oh-yea-duh.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ysczzB9I1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Echidna
09-23-2013, 11:44 PM
And of course all the people asking me to buy them one because they don't have the money or to give me theirs "becuase it's their dream".

:lol:
that's so stupid, it's almost funny!

But ye, I'm glad I've never been to facebook, and no one of the icky social-network-crowd knows me.
I have comments enabled on the few youtube videos I uploaded so I could link them here, and there's not a single comment :)
>> if you're less available on platforms where everyone can write to you, there is a lot less harassment and stupidity to deal with.

NerineArcticMermaid
09-23-2013, 11:55 PM
*knocks on wood* SO far I have escaped such comments except for the "where did ya get it" and "I can't find him comments" on the mvd latex tail review video.
No trolls on youtube but I have dealt with them in other social media.

Anahita
09-24-2013, 01:18 AM
I'll make a note to self to just ban comments on my videos when I start posting them.... I can't deal with the retarded-ness of what I've seen here and on other mermaid videos comment sections...

Mermaid Syrena
09-24-2013, 05:53 AM
OMG I TOTALLY HAVE TO SAY H20 7 TIMES AND TOUCH A GLASS OF WATER GAIZ
...the only way 2 b a reel mermaid and hold my breath for longer den 32 seconds...

*winks* Youtube commenters, Yahoo commenters, ...all bred from the same diseased bowl. I know that a couple of y'all (PearlieMae, Raina, Dan- I'm looking at y'all!) are expert trolls, so back at them! It's a good way to relieve stress too.

Blondie
09-24-2013, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't even reply back to them. Feed the fire and it only gets bigger. They WANT you to respond. So when you do that, you're only provoking it.

AniaR
09-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Like I said. I only reply once in a while to make an example. Everything is moderated.

Iona someone once said sean was AMA's bf cuz of the way he looked at her in a video. He is 20 years older than her. Lol

shimmygoddess
10-01-2013, 08:07 PM
OMG...all you can do is laugh at some of them, the others not so much,. They are all either haters or just plain stupid! That is why I have gone to approve only on all my videos now and removed ratings too. Mostly for my dance videos. I received quite a few hateful comments. If someone doesnt have something nice to say it is purely b/c they are a hater! sigh

MermaidSabrina
10-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Poor raina :( you don't deserve the deal with this crap.You should be out there swimming , and inspire people like you inspired me :D

Fun123joker
11-06-2013, 04:23 PM
for really popular videos. there is that religous guy you have no iea how or why they got to the video

AniaR
11-06-2013, 05:39 PM
lol, I just got this email yesterday:

""hello to me it is Laurent I grooved am French is I am fan of the sirens since I saw the small siren with the cinema. I have a collection of resin siren is diver pines object and DVD. I will like to have a tail like yours like Triton in the small siren the tritons his sirens male or merman. I find formidable that you made. I make you full with kisses is I tells you has soon Laurent Mérie French.""

Good to know I will be made full with kisses.

drucilla
11-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Have any of you guys gotten the whole, you're going to hell because you're trying to be a demon, speech?:crazy:

Thalassa
11-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Not on the internet, but I got that one in person. The kid was trying to come say hello and the parent told them, "We don't mess with that. That's the devil's stuff." Then they came over to me and told me I was corrupting the children and going to be damned.

Always fun!

MerAnthony
11-06-2013, 07:42 PM
:rotfl:LOL some of the questions you get. It amazes me that with all the information you give them before the video an says something specific about your tail an so forth it make me wonder who gets the bonehead award.

Jessica
11-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Not on the internet, but I got that one in person. The kid was trying to come say hello and the parent told them, "We don't mess with that. That's the devil's stuff." Then they came over to me and told me I was corrupting the children and going to be damned.

Always fun!

i can't believe they said that to you!

You should have told them "we are all God's creatures. Feet or fins He loves us all" and then turned to the kid and said "I hope you know how much Jesus loves you!" All sugary sweet and bubbly....:) it would have shut them up pretty quick I imagine! People like that like to get their point across, but rarely have anything to say when you throw it back in their face!

AniaR
11-06-2013, 08:22 PM
oh Thalassa I have gotten that too!

Merman Dan
11-06-2013, 08:37 PM
You should have told them "we are all God's creatures. Feet or fins He loves us all" and then turned to the kid and said "I hope you know how much Jesus loves you!" All sugary sweet and bubbly....:) it would have shut them up pretty quick I imagine! People like that like to get their point across, but rarely have anything to say when you throw it back in their face!

This is why I am not a professional merman. I would have replied "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" :)

Thalassa
11-06-2013, 08:59 PM
i can't believe they said that to you!

I'll have to try that if there's a next time. I've also had kids ask if Jesus made me...but that's just a darned adorable question, not a stupid one!

Anahita
11-06-2013, 10:21 PM
This is why I am not a professional merman. I would have replied "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" :)

That is EXACTLY how I would respond... Or a simpler "Have you heard the news of our dark Lord Cthulhu?" So that rather than thinking I'm speaking in tongues, they understand that I'm being a smartass to them.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/excuse-me-sir-do-you-have-a-minute.jpg

Winged Mermaid
11-06-2013, 10:40 PM

Wow. :O_o: Well, guess I better prepare myself for that one!

I suppose it won't help that this is on my car ;)

Mermaid Lorelei
11-06-2013, 10:53 PM
I remember while I was working in Michigan with Merbellas, there was this adorable little girl who was trying to convince her parents and brother that the mermaid was real. At one point she loudly said, "I know she's real 'cause God made her!" It was so adorable!

Echidna
11-06-2013, 11:08 PM

:rotfl:I say, go pro, we need more mers like you! ;)

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/excuse-me-sir-do-you-have-a-minute.jpg

^^I love this too.

Maybe this world can be saved yet, after all!!
:cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu:

Dee Tal
11-07-2013, 12:55 AM

""hello to me it is Laurent I grooved am French is I am fan of the sirens since I saw the small siren with the cinema. I have a collection of resin siren is diver pines object and DVD. I will like to have a tail like yours like Triton in the small siren the tritons his sirens male or merman. I find formidable that you made. I make you full with kisses is I tells you has soon Laurent Mérie French.""

I am so picturing a black market DVD copy of the Little Mermaid titled "The Small Siren"

MermaidRanoria
11-07-2013, 01:12 AM
I think out of all these scenarios the grown woman expressing her anger cracks me up the most. haha Youtube what a silly place filled with equally silly people.

Always fun!

I would hate to know what they would tell their kid if they see someone on the street dressed up like a hot dog. "We don't mess with that. That's the delicious stuff." Sorry I just couldn't resist. lol

PearlieMae
11-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Have any of you guys gotten the whole, you're going to hell because you're trying to be a demon, speech?:crazy:

I have gotten "I can smell your soul burning already."

Puhleeeeeze! :rolleyes:

Echinacea
11-07-2013, 12:17 PM
*chuckle* Now, why would I want to go to Heaven, when it sounds like all my friends are going to be partying in Hell?!

I threaten to use the 'Have you heard the good news about Morgoth the Mighty, the spider that sits in the web at the center of the Universe? He created the world in just SIX days, and he doesn't like your sort very much...' but so far, I have resisted. Or the ever-popular 'There is but ONE GOD! He is the SUN GOD! RA! RA! RA!' *sigh* I have not had any problems so far with being a mermaid, I have gotten a few lectures from being a witch/pagan/wiccan.

PearlieMae
11-07-2013, 01:41 PM
...the ever-popular 'There is but ONE GOD! He is the SUN GOD! RA! RA! RA!' *sigh* I have not had any problems so far with being a mermaid, I have gotten a few lectures from being a witch/pagan/wiccan.

Where have I heard that one? :$ Hahaha! And I've gotten the Pagan lecture so many times that smacking down THAT conversation is old hat.

Merman Dan
11-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Try being a tree-hugging money-loving Pagan Libertarian sometime... my life is filled with conflict!! ;)

Kumori Kitsune
11-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Sorryy people are mean. I rarely get youtube comments on my vieos even the few over 100 views sorryy people are bad trolls not funny ones here this helps make a smile couldn't find a mermaid rat. 15650

Mizuko
11-07-2013, 08:27 PM
I've had a few, one recently was saying how much they liked the music but said "you should NEVER wear goggles on camera :/ "
XD I tried to resist writing back, but I did. lol!
Another one was someone being all rude about why I have a Japanese name when I'm caucasian... >.<

Merman Dan
11-07-2013, 09:13 PM
...couldn't find a mermaid rat.

http://www.raymondross.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ice-age-short2_5101.jpg

Fun123joker
11-07-2013, 09:20 PM
nothing was said but i was at this hotel with a faboulos pool and there was this mom with this religous head scarf vale more like it thing(either christan or jewish but you must be REALLY RELIGOUS to wear those) but i come up on a pool ledge to surface and i look up and she gives me this really scary stare with her children in hand.

AniaR
11-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Ugh I got a doozy today.

So I uploaded this video of me working on my bubble rings. You might notice at the end of the video, I included a disclaimer so the aquafile crowd wouldn't bother me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSKFLRphtNM

Now, youtube is all changed, making it very difficult to moderate and manage comments. Anyway I got this comment, and at first it seemed nice, I thought, oh great someone who is going to support that it's okay for me to wear goggles sometime! I could tell from their activity they were an aquaphile person, but at least them seemed respectful which was encouraging. But then I made the mistake of replying...

and their reply:

Yeah let's just go right there. Suggest I exhale slowly while underwater on film, after 1) I made it clear I'm not doing aquaphile stuff, and 2) I just said I'm too busy for more videos. You know it's 100% fetish. I just don't know where they get off even suggesting this stuff.

Then we get this guy, who apparently didn't like my disclaimer on my video. This guy is *always* leaving harassing sexual underwater stuff comments

They really do blow my mind with how far they think they can go.

AniaR
11-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Oh here is another golden one.

A literally like 20 second clip of Naida and I in the pool, splashing our tails and waving and saying hi. Totally genuine. We get:

it's literally just us saying hi. The camera man? He's going "Okay, I got it." lol. WHY DO PEOPLE READ INTO EVERYTHING. ARE YOU A DIRECTOR OR SOMETHING. WANT TO DIRECT MY QUICK LITTLE CLIP?!

AniaR
11-13-2013, 10:00 PM
more... lmao

this about mermaid ama, who's like, an amazing swimmer... I'll just tell my 16 year old sister to do a mating dance. yup

tell haw.... lol

AniaR
11-14-2013, 05:41 PM
also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn612HU7HAE

Merman Arion
11-14-2013, 05:52 PM
@ Raina

LOOOOOOOOOL :D

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/34686476/tumblr_m8iwx7u1ul1qkmu8l_large.gif

Winged Mermaid
11-14-2013, 06:49 PM
:lol ^:

I bet we could make a whole different thread on Tumblr Asks too XP

Rogue Siren
11-18-2013, 10:00 AM
@ Raina

LOOOOOOOOOL :D

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/34686476/tumblr_m8iwx7u1ul1qkmu8l_large.gif

Psych! I love Psych.... Lol. And Raina. Raina's awesome too.

It's really sad when you delete a nasty comment, and then the person attacks you for deleting it.... -_-

Echidna
11-18-2013, 02:55 PM
"L-O-L-L-O-L smileyface smileyface with sunglasses"

:rotfl:

mermaidCrae
11-18-2013, 05:43 PM
I know how you feel... I made an unboxing video and a swim video and one of the comments on the unboxing video was "those tails look fake and ur no real cuz I now u not real" and that's stupid IT WAS PUT IN A BOX AND SHIPPED FROM JESSE OHIO, IT'S NOT REAL

mermaidCrae
11-18-2013, 05:45 PM
I meant to say JESSE IN OHIO

BlueMermaid
11-19-2013, 01:48 PM
I got so frustrated with the comments on youtube that I deleted all my videos. The fetish people, the threats, and the "so fake" comments was just was more than I was willing to deal with. I never got gigs from youtube so it just wasn't worth it.

Echidna
11-19-2013, 03:09 PM
You know you can disable comments, right?

Thankfully, no-one commented on mine (they probably didn't know what to make of them- harhar),
so I didn't use that option.
I have videos uploaded so I can link them for friends and relatives.
If stupid commenters should appear, I'll just turn off the comment function :p

BlueMermaid
11-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Yeah, but I really only posted them to attract people, potential clients, to my website, and that is not the type of people I wanted coming to my site, so even with the comments off, they were still coming. So now I have them on there, but they are unlisted so that I can post them on my website and show them to clients, but I don't get harassed.
You know you can disable comments, right?

Thankfully, no-one commented on mine (they probably didn't know what to make of them- harhar),
so I didn't use that option.
I have videos uploaded so I can link them for friends and relatives.
If stupid commenters should appear, I'll just turn off the comment function :p

AniaR
02-17-2014, 11:08 PM
JUST GOT THIS CHARMER OF A MESSAGE ON MY PAGE:

"Raina I can write you a million songs but I will never get u to talk to Raven so that she can give me a discount on a mermaid tail for my 11 year old cousins birthday"

WHERE DO THESE PEOPLE COME FROM?! lol

AniaR
02-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Also thought people would find this funny on a video of me and my boyfriend kissing underwater where the title says Sean... LOL

Mizuko
02-17-2014, 11:25 PM
I've had someone recently write "sexy sexy" on a few of my videos O_o Luckily I've got all comments approved now, so I can just delete them. XD

Mermaid Adriel
02-18-2014, 03:54 AM
I think I'll deactivate comments when I'll upload videos xD

Merman Arion
02-18-2014, 04:42 AM
Oh my... If this is what you get as mermaids, I wonder what's gonna be for a merman...

I don't want to read comments from guys or girls pulling a Mike Morse on me.

*facepalm* :doh:

Mermaid Dottie
02-18-2014, 12:26 PM
That's okay, Arion. Just don't allow comments.
We can all let you know here on the forum how great your videos are, and you won't get crazy stupid comments on youtube. Or you could have your comments by permission only so we can laugh at all the idiotic words people type, but they won't get posted on your youtube.

Mermaid Adriel
02-18-2014, 01:23 PM
^ well said!

Arella
02-18-2014, 02:51 PM
What 11 year old needs a Merbella quality tail?!

Merman Arion
02-18-2014, 03:34 PM

Bite me, I don't know. Clearly, they don't think for a second how much work it is to make a full silicone tail for adults already. Making one for a growing child is totally pointless and they don't even try to acknowledge it.

Echidna
02-18-2014, 03:38 PM

An ENTITLED 11yr old.
obviously.

Mermaid Adriel
02-18-2014, 03:47 PM
11?! really, this makes no sense! X.X

Fun123joker
02-18-2014, 03:47 PM
nah if yer that young you gotta make your own tail. thats how everyone started

Merman Arion
02-18-2014, 03:58 PM
nah if yer that young you gotta make your own tail. thats how everyone started

Totally!
For example, Jazz did her own tail and she kicked ass! The others should do the same.

AniaR
02-18-2014, 04:33 PM
I have all my comments moderated so most of these don't actually come up on my videos ;) I just share the funny ones here.

MerEmma
02-18-2014, 04:40 PM
I don't necessarily think everyone (referring to kids) has to make their tails though. We just need them to realize how expensive they are and consider the investment and stop being obnoxious on people's pages about it. :S

Mermaid Mhara
02-18-2014, 06:15 PM
I don' usually get comments which are too bad. Most are 'GAY' or the usual 'oh you're a boy...that's so weird!' I usually reply quite sarcastically and it scares them off eventually :') But 90% of the comments I get which are bad I delete.

AniaR
02-18-2014, 06:45 PM
hahahahahah :D

Mermaid Adriel
02-19-2014, 04:35 AM

LOL, "The Small Siren" :lol:

Merman Arion
02-19-2014, 04:57 AM
LOL, "The Small Siren" :lol:

I know. My fellows can be quite hopeless when it comes to translating from French to English.

Oh well... :p

Melosyne
02-19-2014, 05:41 AM
Stupid people can be quite funny, but the haters, spammers and creeps... :gah:
It's hard to keep faith in humanity when reading youtube comments.

http://xkcd.com/202/

You can moderate and disable comments, but that is CENSORSHIP!!!!11!! ;)

Echidna
02-19-2014, 09:46 AM

:lol:

PearlieMae
02-19-2014, 10:14 AM

What "uncle" would spend that kind of $$$ ???

Mermaid Adriel
02-20-2014, 04:10 AM

I know her, lol, she disappoints me xD

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e0f8f80cdaaec5fa3a4b8da4b32bf87/tumblr_mhw1gwkPWv1r7bg6wo1_500.gif

AniaR
02-20-2014, 05:23 PM

AniaR
02-20-2014, 05:24 PM
look at the titles of the videos those comments were left on lmao

Merman Arion
02-20-2014, 05:29 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/jqpGY2mdf9byg/giphy.gif

Mizuko
02-20-2014, 05:33 PM
O_o

Mermaid Dottie
02-20-2014, 07:05 PM
That last one, by the girl with bad english/grammar... WhatTheCarp?
Where did she get that insanity? Was she High? Metal bowls and Lady parts with teeth? I'm not sure whether to feel bad, be terrified, or laugh at her....

sashiyoop
02-27-2014, 02:44 AM
The majority of the comment-posting-population tends not to think things through before posting. :/ I've taken to just ignoring all comments on pretty much everything because it's either irrelevant or ignorant. Face-palming over here along with the rest of you.

The worst are when they make absolutely no sense...

Ocean-Borne
02-27-2014, 09:13 AM
It's even funnier when two trolls argue with eac hother. Like one is all "this is fake duh" and the other is "this is real" and so you have a war of trolls on your video comments~
People people people...

Mermaid Adriel
02-27-2014, 09:25 AM
It's even funnier when two trolls argue with eac hother. Like one is all "this is fake duh" and the other is "this is real" and so you have a war of trolls on your video comments~
People people people...

:rotfl:

Mermaid Ophelia
03-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Reading these gives me a headache.

Mermaid Wesley
04-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Oh my lord. I thought the h2o magic spell ones were the worst of it XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun123joker
04-01-2014, 07:29 PM
but there was this one mer on youtube (i think her name was mermaid ally, she had a short webseries, her tail was a blue fabric tail with either a wave or rapid monofin) she posted a video of her"transforming" and swiming in a hot tub (just for the fun of it) and she had to put in all caps in the video and description athousand times that she wasnt trying to fool anyone and like dude. this girl was like what 12, 13? she still got those comments.

AniaR
04-07-2014, 06:33 PM
people take EVERYTHING personally....

SO WHY DID YOU WATCH MY UNBOXING VIDEO?!?!!?!?!?

Mermaid Wesley
04-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Holy wow. DON'T WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU DONT WANNA BE JEALOUS!! I don't care if you went "nah nah nah I have a tail and you doooont! I'm cool and your laaame!!" It's your video and nobody is making them watch it. Ugh people suck.

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk

AniaR
04-07-2014, 06:46 PM
I know right? I was just happy in my video.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Wesley
04-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Aw I had to watch the video for reference and you're too cute. Some people just cant stand to see other people happy, I guess. :thumbdown:

Anahita
04-07-2014, 07:58 PM
omfg...:lol:

Why would you watch an unboxing video if you're going to get pissed off that someone got a tail and is excited about it? :doh: That's literally ALL an unboxing video is.

AniaR
04-10-2014, 08:49 PM

ugh

Anahita
04-10-2014, 08:56 PM
wtf? lmao. OMFG that's so stupid.... :doh:

Mermaid Jaffa
04-10-2014, 09:13 PM
I have gotten "I can smell your soul burning already."

Puhleeeeeze! :rolleyes:

Your reply, "Sorry! I just farted."

Mermaid Adriel
04-11-2014, 04:01 AM

ugh

X_________________X

Mermiah
04-11-2014, 11:25 AM
I LOVED your inbox one video lol I had to show my mom :) you were SOOO excited it was adorable! :rollover: mom thought it was epic too

and i was totally jelious

Mermaid Wesley
05-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Well I've got a fan... I think??
But then oh wait. I guess they're buttering me up.
Is this a sex thing?
Oh... no? They only have 6 members.... idk bro. lol

AniaR
05-22-2014, 04:49 PM
lmao. I didnt screencap it but a guy posted on my fb saying he very urgently needed a mermaid wife. LOL

Mermaid Wesley
05-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Very. Urgently. Lmao

Mermaid Jaffa
05-22-2014, 10:46 PM
AHAHAHAHHAHA! UNDERWATER WOMAN!!!

BayouMermaid
05-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Well I've got a fan... I think??
But then oh wait. I guess they're buttering me up.
Is this a sex thing?
Oh... no? They only have 6 members.... idk bro. lol

Wow. That is really weird o_0
Also, underwater woman? Lol.

PearlieMae
05-23-2014, 10:25 AM
I HATE that they got the 'mermaid' name!

-Annwyn-
05-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Yeah., I've been getting hassled by Mermaid Mansion too. Their profile pic scares me. It looks kind of like a young Kristy Swanson drowning.

sashiyoop
05-27-2014, 12:03 AM
Holy ship that's scary.

And if I were you I'd shy away from the "underwater women" thing

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk 2

SeaVixen
06-05-2014, 06:52 PM
It amazes me that people called being a mermaid of the devil. The first mermaid appearance I did was at a birthday party for a pastor's daughter. The pastor and his wife thought it was a fantastic idea and thought it was so cute. We all had a ball so there ya go.....A pastors family approves

AniaR
07-13-2014, 06:35 PM
On one of my videos unboxing my tail...

that's some great feedback eh? lol watch out for this one. She left a few similar comments all over bashing my tail. Now who bashes a merbellas tail... lol

Seraphina Suds
07-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Sounds like she's a jealous child lol

SeaVixen
07-13-2014, 07:23 PM
Looks like she's retarded. She can't even spell retarded right. I just did a church VBS as mermaid and they loved it! This church saw nothing devilish about it. They thought it's fascinating and want me to come again

Mermaid Narina
07-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Please stop giving your number to strangers!!! did your parents teach you ANYTHING about safety????
This was kinda cute, i think she meant inspirational? .......... i wonder how old they are :P
um.. what?
... what?
i have given up replying to these ones....
the conspiracy theorist!
the grosser kind of trolls.... [deletes]

I think my most common on is "FAKE"and "SAY H20 SEVEN TIMES THEN TOUCH WATER AND POST THIS ON 5 OTHER VIDEOS" :doh:

Mermaid Narina
07-13-2014, 08:05 PM

ugh
22503 ...... this john parker guy and his bellies!!!... :gah:

PearlieMae
07-13-2014, 08:23 PM
I don't EVEN want to know what that means.

Mermaid Wesley
07-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Bahaha

AniaR
07-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Narina those are awful!!!! ermagerd lol

Mermaid Galene
07-13-2014, 09:10 PM
I have my YouTube channels set to approved comments only. It's just not worth it to me to deal with crap like this!

AniaR
07-13-2014, 09:25 PM
ours are set to that too but you still see the comments. and when they make the comment even if it's not approved, their friends see it and can reply.

Mermaid Galene
07-14-2014, 12:04 AM
You mean a comment that I screen and don't approve, so it never shows up in my video, is visible to anybody who follows activity by that commenter? That sounds like an unfortunate loophole. But then, the comment never shows up on my page, so the worst that can happen is the jerky spammer commenter and his jerky spammer friends can snicker amongst themselves, right? (It is, of course, annoying to have to read disgusting comments at all.)

SeaVixen
07-14-2014, 01:45 AM
I think I'll just disable comments if I do YouTube videos. That's ridiculous and don't want to deal with idiots and their drama

Talia
07-14-2014, 06:44 AM
Some comments in YouTube videos (any kind of videos, not only of mermaids) make me lose my faith in humanity.

AniaR
07-14-2014, 10:19 AM
You mean a comment that I screen and don't approve, so it never shows up in my video, is visible to anybody who follows activity by that commenter? That sounds like an unfortunate loophole

Yes. while the comment is waiting to be screened, their followers can still reply to it -_-

Echidna
07-15-2014, 03:22 AM
strangely, I don't get that kind of crap.
no strangers ever comment (I'm glad).

probably because most people are afraid or weirded out by snakes :cool:
harhar

Mermaid Narina
07-15-2014, 03:35 AM
i considered disabling comments, but it worth keeping them on to be able get feedback or questions and to connect with viewers :)

AniaR
07-15-2014, 10:13 AM
i considered disabling comments, but it worth keeping them on to be able get feedback or questions and to connect with viewers

Agreed. I had a girl tell me th eother day my vlogs helped her convince her parents to let her get a tail haha :D

Mermaid Melanie
07-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Lol some of the comments I've read hear are hilarious this thread has made me laugh so hard - I had someone share my video and comment something like like this is the worst video ever - lol it just makes me laugh this sort of stuff I think people must just be bored and want a bit of an interaction lol

maressa
07-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Not youtube, but Finfolk posted a photo of a headdress I made to go with my tail and titled it "A headdress made by client Tessa to go along with her Finfolk Productions tail!"

To which someone commented: How much for a smaller one ?

:P

Aquarianne
07-15-2014, 07:25 PM
This is why I either disable comments or just never read them. If people really wanna get in touch with me, they'll private message me! Otherwise I just don't care. :3 It's not like youtube is a vast forum of critical discussion that needs to be encouraged, anyway. Youtube comments are the lowest form of intelligence. I never ever engage anyone in comments on there, ever.

Edit: ALTHOUGH comments on the restuprae videos are always funny and I often read those, because I'm a fan XD

Fun123joker
07-16-2014, 12:17 AM
Pros for approving comments:
1) if a creep cant comment on your video it would attract more creeps that follow/subcribe said person
2) chain comments wouldnt make it to the video so noone would see chain comments to spread on other videos
3) comments of kids begging for tails wont show up so soon they would forget about even asking about it and not bug you some more

AniaR
07-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Remember how I said even if you don't approve a comment, that person's followers can see it? well check out this crazy...

(that sounds so much like me right? well read on, these are all UNAPPROVED comments, they were able to engage in)

So 1) who called who a retarded cow? and 2) they confuse another user for me -_-

Fun123joker
07-20-2014, 10:37 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Baby+Fights_e804ac_5136747.gif

more like

Mermaid Galene
07-20-2014, 10:48 AM
If this kind of crap starts happening on my YouTube channel, I'll just disable comments entirely. Not worth it.

AniaR
08-06-2014, 04:58 PM

I'll just leave this here...

Raayvhen
08-06-2014, 05:00 PM
I just... What?

halesloveswhales
08-06-2014, 05:01 PM
It's an Aquamarine reference!
Still a little strange though...

Merman Arion
08-06-2014, 05:13 PM
It's an Aquamarine reference!
Still a little strange though...

It is?? I'm relieved then :phew:

I thought it was Eric and the octupus between his legs that was starting a weeeiiiird trend... :doh:

Echidna
08-06-2014, 06:01 PM
When I finally caught up with watching Finding Nemo, I was suddenly seeing references everywhere lol.

But I won't splurge money to see Aquamarine, even though it's probably the last water-related movie I haven't seen.
Seems I'm not the only boycotter xD

AniaR
08-06-2014, 06:38 PM

that would be my unboxing video comparing my tails LOL

halesloveswhales
08-06-2014, 10:43 PM

Jojo's character: "It's slimy!"
Aqua: "Thanks! I rub it with kelp and jellyfish twice a day."

I say it to kids at birthday parties all the time. :P

Merman Orion
08-07-2014, 07:13 AM

I thought it was Eric and the octupus between his legs that was starting a weeeiiiird trend... :doh:

Dear god I know he's an immature ass and everything but if he has an octopus between his legs he needs to see a doctor or something...lol

Echidna
08-07-2014, 08:04 AM

that would be my unboxing video comparing my tails LOL

so we can only post videos with stuff we're going to give away for free to all the world, because that's what videos are for, right?
ok.

Mermaid Margo
08-07-2014, 07:05 PM
I hate stupid people. >__>

Now that I've started posting some photos of myself on the web in my tail, a bunch of perverts have climbed out of the woodwork to compliment my boobs and tell me all about their fishy fantasies. It's disgusting. But I'm actually eager to see what kind of idiot remarks people will make about my videos as I upload more. I find it very amusing, though I'm sure it gets old after awhile.

Raayvhen
08-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Yep. That seems to be the downside of mermaids on youtube. You get all the merverts and all the aquaphiles attracted to your videos.

MermaidCecelia
08-08-2014, 07:39 AM
I had to deleted a comment once , I have this one video of myself in my pool from last yr swimming in a fabric tail and this girl was like " can I have your tail plzzz send it to *some random address in CHINA * ??????????????? And I thought people commenting their numbers were bad but kids commenting addresses? Come on

Chrissy
08-08-2014, 09:25 AM
I have been getting a lot of people whining they they will never get a tail, I don't know how to handle those kinds of comments. I just try to shy very nice that if they save up and put a set amount aside that they will have one someday too. Then of course the non stop questions about how much it is and will I sell it. I always do as much research as I can before I go ask questions, it just seems easier to me, I wish some people would do the same! Small rant over

AniaR
08-08-2014, 10:38 AM
it's funny cuz they ask all that but they'd never be able to afford it.

PearlieMae
08-08-2014, 11:00 AM
I have been getting a lot of people whining they they will never get a tail, I don't know how to handle those kinds of comments. I just try to shy very nice that if they save up and put a set amount aside that they will have one someday too. Then of course the non stop questions about how much it is and will I sell it. I always do as much research as I can before I go ask questions, it just seems easier to me, I wish some people would do the same! Small rant over

I would say "This is my favorite mermaid tail and it would break my heart to sell it, but if you want it, it's $9,999.00USD plus shipping. Shall I make a Paypal invoice for you? Once it's paid, I will send it to you right away."

That should shut them up.

MermaidCecelia
08-08-2014, 12:23 PM

specially kids do that, kids dont understand sometimes that people have to save up and earn to get the things they want. like im sure everyone would love to get a goregous mermaid tail for a cheap price. but get so dissapointed when they see the price, then use the trick of pity partying to try to get it for free or something. i absolutely remember doing that as a little kid. they should def know that anyone can get a mermaid tail , but they need patience and need to be frugal with money.

Mermaid Wesley
08-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Tell the how long it took you to save up (and make sure to mention that you had income (if you did) so that they can realize how hard you have to work for one (especially if you're 11 with no foreseeable source of income.

Echidna
08-08-2014, 01:30 PM
There's this guy on FB who will always message me as soon as I log on and whine how I'm so lucky to have a tail, and he has none.
Every time.
And in our very first talk, I told him already about tails and advised him to make one because he said he couldn't afford to buy one.

He's an adult alright btw.

Mermaid Wesley
08-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Block him lol. I've blocked so many people on Facebook. I just refuse to put up with rudeness, sexual come-ons, or whining.

Mermaid Wesley
08-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Speaking of people I've blocked on fbhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/17/buva6yse.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/17/ara3uvyt.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/17/tudemy8e.jpg. I unfriended this guy a while ago and then I get this. It skeeved me out. Especially the paying 200 bucks part??

Kishiko
08-16-2014, 01:47 PM
I feel like that's so me sort of weird bondage come on thing

Mermaid Wesley
08-16-2014, 01:52 PM
It's definitely some sort of weird bondage comeon thing. I mean hey. You go ahead random citizen. Do your weird bondage things I don't give a carp. But like.... I'm a children's entertainer...? We have never spoken before??? If you want something it's also best to just ask for it and not make up stories about a friends gf and a bet and you're gonna pay me 200 dollars???

Echidna
08-16-2014, 02:32 PM
I know that guy.

I accepted his friend request, and then I had with him the exact same conversation.
(except that I randomly dc'd after his first few lines and I didn't turn the PC back on after, so I didn't know how weird it would have gotten.

He's copy pasting this crap to every mer he finds on FB.

Mermaid Wesley
08-16-2014, 02:42 PM
He told me he's in the area like ok I'm at least 60% sure you don't live near me and caltuna. Sooooo lol

Echidna
08-16-2014, 02:50 PM
In the area, my dorsal.

Probably one of the creepers that engage you in long, stupid conversations talking about their fetish
(talking about it alone arouses them).
Massive time-waster.

I wish I wasn't so polite, because I have this feeling about almost every "hey, I have a (random) question"-conversation starter I'm getting on FB.

"Normal" people usually talk differently. The creepers are really getting on my fins.

AniaR
08-16-2014, 03:32 PM
ugh there were a few older members of the community who were just like that too ugh -_-

Mermaid Wesley
08-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah as soon and I got the first message I narrowed my eyes and thought: this is gonna be insulting or creepy. Or both.

Fun123joker
08-17-2014, 02:25 AM

found this on tumblr. and put it where it belongs

in this thread

Fun123joker
08-17-2014, 02:29 AM
so we can only post videos with stuff we're going to give away for free to all the world, because that's what videos are for, right?
ok.

yes that exactly what youtube videos are for. to see who wants what ever is shown in the video
thats why i take tons of videos of my brother

AniaR
08-19-2014, 11:07 AM

blocked and reported.

Raayvhen
08-19-2014, 11:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RXj9g.gif

AniaR
08-19-2014, 11:22 AM
gotta admit it felt pretty good. LOL I blocked his ass after that and posted on my page about him

Starfrit
08-19-2014, 11:22 AM
Queen Raina layin' the SMACKDOWN on creepy merverts.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VkleU8hOpfY/T4F0PajU2FI/AAAAAAAAAA0/cwf9UDRi7J8/s1600/WaynesWorldNotWorthy.gif

It's times like this that I'm glad I don't have any mer-videos or pictures yet (if only because my tail is still a WIP)— I would NOT handle comments and messages like this civilly, like... At all.

Mermaid Wesley
08-19-2014, 02:42 PM
YAAASSS

Mermaid Adriel
08-19-2014, 03:07 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/8d16b5a9081e6606ff6190e3c329ed26/tumblr_n9mlzjAORy1qk4brio1_500.gif Well done Raina!

Lol, If he sends me a friend request I won't accept it.

SeaGlass Siren
08-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Applause!!!!!

Mermaid Lorelei
08-20-2014, 11:24 PM
It wasn't on youtube, but I did have a random deviantart user tell me they wanted to 'come' to me. O.O Blegh.

AniaR
08-29-2014, 10:10 AM
this isnt youtube but I had to share it... lol ever since starting my "raina mer" fb page I get spammed so much or people begging for help with one thing or another- 99% of the time something I can't do (give them a tail). My "other" inbox is overflowing and Ive actually gotten then FB message that I couldnt get any new messages til I deleted some.

I woke up to this this morning, and its golden

That's the internet for you. Someone totally loves you until you don't reply back. lolI honestly never even seen his first message which he should of known. It tells you right on FB when someone has read your message.

AniaR
08-29-2014, 10:11 AM
I just tacked on "too good? no. Too busy? Hells yes!" lol

PearlieMae
08-29-2014, 10:21 AM
hehehehehehe!

Anahita
08-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Well.... Considering he's too lazy or too dumb to spell "you" "your" "people" and "back" and added a useless, snarky hashtag.... I'd guess he's probably too dumb notice that FB told him that you hadn't read the message

Mermaid Wesley
08-29-2014, 05:21 PM
Pfff people are entertaining

AniaR
08-29-2014, 05:53 PM
he actually replied to me and was nice and apologized. hed been messaging a lot of mers trying to learn more but people ignore him. I think it's cuz he comes off like he could be a collector. He told me he just doesnt have a tail yet and is trying to learn but people just dont answer him so he got resentful. I was nice and told him he needs to introduce himself and explain he's trying to meet more mers in the community so people know his intentions.

Anahita
08-29-2014, 06:11 PM
Well that's good. Yeah, sadly, I read his message and thought "no good will come of this". I'm glad to hear it wasn't what I thought, though I'm sad he got ignored by others

Mermaid Lorelei
09-11-2014, 12:02 AM
I have a question. Could u send my daughter a pic of u dressed as a mermaid? She's 7 yrs old n autistic n loves mermaids.

They even sent me their home address. O.O

Mermaid Wesley
09-11-2014, 12:58 AM
Aaaahhhhhhhhhh weeeellll take your pick lady they're posted???

-Annwyn-
09-11-2014, 08:04 AM
I just recently got this little backhanded compliment....

Mermaid Adriel
09-11-2014, 08:38 AM
*facepalm*

AniaR
09-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Lol wow. Some people!

PearlieMae
09-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Some people have the common sense of a bag of hammers.

Anahita
09-11-2014, 02:06 PM
:doh:

Mermaid Wesley
09-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Pfff rock that blubber, girl! You're too cute

-Annwyn-
09-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Pfff rock that blubber, girl! You're too cute

My body shape is not at the forefront of why I mermaid. It's not something I feel I should have to 'rock' or 'flaunt'. It just is. It doesn't solely define me. It shouldn't even matter. Unfortunately a lot of mouth-breathers can only see the fat, and totally miss the point of what I'm doing. That's the frustrating thing.

Merman Arion
09-12-2014, 07:21 PM
My body shape is not at the forefront of why I mermaid. It's not something I feel I should have to 'rock' or 'flaunt'. It just is. It doesn't solely define me. It shouldn't even matter. Unfortunately a lot of mouth-breathers can only see the fat, and totally miss the point of what I'm doing. That's the frustrating thing.

Just let them talk, they are biggots.
I think you're very pretty with these curves.

Keiris
09-12-2014, 11:31 PM
I think you look lovely in your tail and your smile underwater is MAGICAL.

AniaR
09-14-2014, 09:45 AM

Ummmm what???

Merman Arion
09-14-2014, 10:19 AM

Ummmm what???

Is she for real?! :doh:

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

MermaidCecelia
09-14-2014, 11:14 PM

Ummmm what???
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/14/17ed163a0e4e521cd283ac44c5084b2d.jpg ummm what is right

Carolina Mermaid
09-15-2014, 07:20 AM
What?....how old is this kid?

SeaGlass Siren
09-15-2014, 07:56 AM
Wtf??

PearlieMae
09-15-2014, 09:25 AM
What?....how old is this kid?

32...33 in November

;)

Mermaid Adriel
09-15-2014, 09:48 AM
I can't believe... :doh:

Mermaid Morgann
09-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Hahaha wow! I am so glad none of our mermaids have had to deal with this (yet). Guess that comes with time and more videos.

Echidna
09-15-2014, 02:50 PM
I mainly upload videos on youtube to get an URL (for sharing purposes on MN), yet some people seem to believe everything put up is an attempt to become famous and/or make a groundbreaking movie :p

On one of my "test run of snake tail"-videos, someone commented "cool idea, but this particular material is a bit diaphanous when wet. That could be a problem."

I was tempted to reply "A problem for what? Convincing anyone I'm a genuine snake? Do I look like I'm aiming for realism in this video, being in a friggin leisure POOL with goggles and swimcap on?"

MermaidCecelia
09-15-2014, 03:14 PM
this is honestly the most repulsing thig, when you brought up youtube and how people take everything seriously i was reminded of this video , thats called " mermaid tails movie" which was a girls FIRST youtube movie video , so these girls are rather young but dispite that ive seen both weird, stupid and very rude comments

all these comments are either
A. those " SAY H20 5 TIMES AND " posts
B. " YOU DONT HAVE A MONOFIN U SUCK!!!!!!"
c. not real
or sadly very rude comments about the childrens appearance

like *facepalm* whats wrong with people

AniaR
09-15-2014, 06:01 PM
so sad

Merman Arion
09-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Wow... :(

And where were all these comments?

MermaidCecelia
09-15-2014, 07:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijvR9wnkEaY on this video right here

MermaidCecelia
09-15-2014, 07:19 PM
nothing appauls me more then people making fun of people of people at a young age , i sure hope they learn to NOT be so judgemental like THIS kid

Merman Arion
09-15-2014, 07:31 PM
I got a look at all the comments there. My opinion? We live in a sad sad world full of hateful bitter people... :doh:

Kids are cruel nowadays. It's terrifying.

BayouMermaid
09-15-2014, 07:32 PM
We can go flood the comments with positive words :)

MermaidCecelia
09-15-2014, 09:13 PM
i feel bad for the person running the account for the kids , which im guessing is one of their moms maybe , seeing people be so cruel, specially litle kids be cruel to other kids
and i agree ! its adorable , like why are people being so rude over little thiings
youtube is a video sharing site, but its not a place that should be expected to have every production be professional and flawless

Mer-Crazy
09-18-2014, 11:48 PM
For me it says the video is unavailable. Is this just because I'm on a phone?

SeaGlass Siren
09-19-2014, 09:11 AM
nothing appauls me more then people making fun of people of people at a young age , i sure hope they learn to NOT be so judgemental like THIS kid

Disclaimer: The following comment is a bit racist, because i see a vietnamese name, and i am vietnamese, so i'm going to point it out like it is.

Viet girls are always gonna be judgemental. ALWAYS. i can vouch for this :|

edit: and on that note, i am going to be a hypocrite (or prove a point, however you see it) and say the same thing of her: she needs to take a good look at herself in the mirror because she just described herself.

2nd edit: Mods, feel free to move this to the drama thread if you see it fit.

Echidna
09-19-2014, 10:36 AM
edit: and on that note, i am going to be a hypocrite (or prove a point, however you see it) and say the same thing of her: she needs to take a good look at herself in the mirror because she just described herself.

well if that's her in the avatar, both of the girls in it are superfat by asian standards, so LOL

Meilyn
09-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Lol, Asian standards are too high yo. I set mine so that no one else could top it half the time. I used to get beat for getting A-'s instead of A+'s in elementary school haha.

So I thought this was interesting reading through the forums and one of my idols, Mermaid Kariel, left me a comment on instagram so I squealed a little and watched her I Live Aloha (Hawaii.s favorite Mermaid) YouTube video a few more times cause I love the song.

Then I read the comments. So many stupid comments.

"Mermaids aren't real." "Are you really a Mermaid? How can you hold your breath for that long? " "She must live underwater." Best one yet, "You can't be real because I visited Hawaii for 5 weeks and never saw a Mermaid! You're a fake!"

I was irritated and sadden to see a flood of hate with merely 1 or 2 good things written on her awesome video. Then again, you must look at the general types of people who sit and watch YouTube videos all day. Most only say mean things to try to get attention. Most only know how to get attention that way and are merely looking for replies towards what they've written.

Genevieve
09-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Then I read the comments. So many stupid comments.

"Mermaids aren't real." "Are you really a Mermaid? How can you hold your breath for that long? " "She must live underwater." Best one yet, "You can't be real because I visited Hawaii for 5 weeks and never saw a Mermaid! You're a fake!"

I was irritated and sadden to see a flood of hate with merely 1 or 2 good things written on her awesome video. Then again, you must look at the general types of people who sit and watch YouTube videos all day. Most only say mean things to try to get attention. Most only know how to get attention that way and are merely looking for replies towards what they've written.

"Fake" is such a popular word on YouTube. It's like how when little kids play a game, their go-to word is "cheating". People want something to yell when they crave attention/ego boosts/entertainment/whatever.

And agreed to the posts about prematurely mean children. I've heard so many stories from the kids I work with.

Silin
10-01-2014, 06:16 PM
One stupid person can ask more as 10 intelligent people can answer.
My friend has the same problem!!

AniaR
10-13-2014, 12:04 AM
So I got these weird messages on twitter... they didn't make sense... at first...

Then I logged on to youtube and saw this comment waiting for me... from the same guy

I don't even know what to say.

Mer-Crazy
10-13-2014, 12:14 AM
All hail the Mer-Mother Raina! :hail:
Hahaha. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Some people out there are certainly unique little fishes.

AniaR
10-13-2014, 12:24 AM
I hope he isn't really coming here :S

Maclanahan
10-13-2014, 01:15 AM
I know I don't post here much,
but never in my life have I read something and had to step away from the computer just to figure out how to even...

I don't know how to explain it.
Is this what it is like to "I literally can't even" ???

Harpress
10-13-2014, 07:21 AM
Oh Shiz Raina. There's some high expectations there! Hahahaha
I don't mean him any disrespect.. but that's out there.

Echidna
10-13-2014, 07:40 AM
:jawdrop:
...I'd be terrified.

I've met (and been sought out by) delusional people before, and let me tell you, it's no fun.
Please watch out for yourself just in case!

ps. I am not demeaning people who claim to have memories of past lives, by the way. I'd be glad to meet someone whose recollections were genuine, but so far I've only encountered nutcases sadly.
Most are harmless, but you never know how far they might get carried.

pps. so, a dude living 30 million years ago was named Marc. And the continental drift is just a hoax, I guess. Interesting :p

AniaR
10-13-2014, 10:13 AM
I have had stalkers locally before that resulted from a mermaid obsessive and I've called the police because one man was mentally ill and figured out where I worked and followed me around. It *does* make me nervous because I can see from his online activity (I checked him out online) that he is coming here. But from his other online activity he doesn't seem t post ANYTHING like this. I'm hoping he's just trolling and making fun of me. And not really someone who believes all this searching me out...

MerMatt
10-13-2014, 10:25 AM
I hope the same thing Raina. I would be very creeped out. Take whatever action to keep yourself and others safe. Best of luck.

AniaR
10-16-2014, 01:07 AM
Oh hey everyone! the fluke police have arrived! Let minimoy here school you on what the *director* of Splash knows... lol

Half this comment doesn't even make sense. Keep my fluke in sight at all times??? I can't control where the camera goes. lol

AniaR
10-16-2014, 01:09 AM
ps the comment was left on this video which makes zero sense as well. THIS IS WHY I HATE PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT A MERMAID SHOULD BE. They're all so awful about it with horrible attitudes. Screw you. lol

http://youtu.be/86gUHwVhBLI

PearlieMae
10-16-2014, 11:01 AM

I don't even know what to say.

You say "The police will be there to meet you."

Echidna
10-16-2014, 01:06 PM
^^I want to upvote that post, badly.

MermaidAmestris
10-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Wow. I'm not very active on this website, but I do a fair amount of lurking (mostly I'm afraid of sounding stupid when I post, which I fear happened recently, but I digress). I plan on making my first tail since I can't buy one at the moment, but when I do have a tail, I'm not sure I'll be allowing comments on my videos. I hate it when people turn off their comments, but I can understand it in this case. I can't believe some of the stuff you guys have had to go through, and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this kind of junk all the time.

MermaidCecelia
10-18-2014, 05:50 PM
Wow. I'm not very active on this website, but I do a fair amount of lurking (mostly I'm afraid of sounding stupid when I post, which I fear happened recently, but I digress). I plan on making my first tail since I can't buy one at the moment, but when I do have a tail, I'm not sure I'll be allowing comments on my videos. I hate it when people turn off their comments, but I can understand it in this case. I can't believe some of the stuff you guys have had to go through, and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this kind of junk all the time.

same here, i have only 3 videos of mermaiding but before i deleted one i didnt care about i got a weird comment that said something like " cant wait too see the next video ;)" like BYE

i only have just recently put my most recent mermaiding video off unlisted , i hope no merverts act weird if it gets more views

AniaR
10-18-2014, 05:54 PM
I don't normally approve comments like that but I do find occasionally if I put people in their places, then other people don't try it lol

AniaR
10-20-2014, 12:23 PM

Sandra Siren
10-20-2014, 12:40 PM
I get the whole, "It doesn't hurt to ask" mentality, but seriously guys! The trendiest bit of google research shows silicone tails are expensive. No one will just be giving you a 3 thousand dollar tail....Sheesh!

Vrindavana Starfish
10-20-2014, 01:12 PM
I can't believe people actually ask you for free tails. Wow.

Echidna
10-20-2014, 04:43 PM
lol, you get that on FB too.

she didn't say it had to be silicone though.
Some of the guys who text me on FB (crying how they don't have a tail, no money, and don't know how to sew) usually say they'd be content with a fabric tail if it was well-made :p

Vrindavana Starfish
10-20-2014, 04:59 PM
Seriously, learn how to sew. It's not rocket science. Figure it out. Or make the money. Or go without a tail and just swim.

Mermaid Wesley
10-20-2014, 09:10 PM
My favorite is when they say "make me one" with no context.

AniaR
10-20-2014, 10:16 PM

he's back lol. Now I am thinking he's probably trolling :p

Mermaid Melanie
10-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Lol this guy ^^^^ I love this thread it's hilarious

Mermaid Lorelei
10-27-2014, 07:37 PM
This was on my personal facebook, but it still goes to show the sort of things you get.

"Hey I love your tale! I love mermaids, and pirates! I think mermaids are beautiful creatures but also evil. The way they drown sailers. One day I want to swim with a beautiful mermaid."

Tasha Mermaid
10-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Ahh I so hope that guy really is just a troll Raina ☺

Omg the amount of people who ask me to make them a tail and give me the "but I caaaan't sew" ....I mean its not hard, I learnt when i was 4, if a 4 year old can sew so can you 😑

I actually have a creepy dutch guy messaging me on my facebook Merpage that I have yet to figure out if
1- he thinks im a real mermaid
2- is a mervert with a merobssession
3- just generally wants to talk to anyone who likes what he likes.

He keeps refering to me as "mermaid" and asking strange questions like

"Is the mermaid kiss real?"

When I ask what he means he tells me that if you kiss a mermaid you transform into one

And he is always asking me

"Are you in your tail right now"

Then I say "no, why???"
And he responds with
"Because in my mind you are in your tail"

O.o just a bit creepy!!!

Mermaid Wesley
10-28-2014, 02:59 AM
I HAD THAT GUY ON FACEBOOK TOO. he's annoying as shit. He asked me if the mermaid kiss was true as well. I just blocked him. He asked me if I was real and I said no and he kept at it.

Echidna
10-28-2014, 07:30 AM
I HAD THAT GUY ON FACEBOOK TOO. he's annoying as shit. He asked me if the mermaid kiss was true as well.

lol yep, Danny Ostjentorp or what's his face.

The mermaid kiss, and if I'm wearing my tail.
I stopped responding to him, considered blocking him too, because he stalks mers all the time on his mobile phone and starts spamming as soon as you log on.

Mermaid Wesley
10-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Yeah basically. Like that's not cool. Let me flippin breathe. I'll talk to you if you don't pester me all day

Mer-Crazy
10-28-2014, 11:14 PM
I hate all those girls who are starting up youtube mermaid series so will comment on your videos saying 'subscribe to my channel and I'll subscribe to you'. Firstly, I actually watch some mermaid series on youtube, because I enjoy them but most I don't and if I don't enjoy it I'm not going to watch or subscribe. Secondly, what would be the point of getting you to subscribe to me when I doubt you'll watch my vids or have any genuine interest in them anyway?

Mermaid Lorelei
10-28-2014, 11:25 PM
I hate all those girls who are starting up youtube mermaid series so will comment on your videos saying 'subscribe to my channel and I'll subscribe to you'. Firstly, I actually watch some mermaid series on youtube, because I enjoy them but most I don't and if I don't enjoy it I'm not going to watch or subscribe. Secondly, what would be the point of getting you to subscribe to me when I doubt you'll watch my vids or have any genuine interest in them anyway?

Same thing happens to me on Instagram. I usually just delete the comments.

merstorm
10-29-2014, 12:38 AM
I am really sorry to hear there are stalkers out there that stalk you guys. Some of the things said are really bad I am on you tube a bit so I have seen first hand didnt know you can remove commonts glad to hear.

Tasha Mermaid
10-30-2014, 05:57 AM
YES!!! thats him
DANNIJ OOSTENDORP

And yes, half a secomd im on before he is spamming me in my inbox..... its kind of creeping me out, like ye is watching for me to come online O.O

I didnt have time to respond yesterday as was in a car crash (im fine dont worry) and the amount of hello's all day in my inbox was over the top

Think I may have to block him and put a warning up for other Mer's if he has done it quite a bit before *shudders*
Why cant we enjoy being mers without stalkers wanting us to be their creepy sex fantasy 😕

AniaR
10-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I blocked him too. Never said anything sexual to me just more so hounded me

Tasha Mermaid
10-31-2014, 01:54 AM
I think the hounding definitely is his forte 😕

AniaR
10-31-2014, 02:35 PM
On my video introducing my book... lol

Mer-gal
10-31-2014, 07:36 PM
This person is so aggressive. BYE!!!!! lol! They must be mad because you crushed their dreams by not wearing a top that matches your tail. What do they mean by "taili know because mermaid tails like the end arnt supposed to go everywhere"? I honestly have no idea. BYE!!!:rotfl:

PearlieMae
10-31-2014, 07:49 PM
The temptation to eviscerate these asshats is almost overwhelming. Hats off to you for being so patient!

Tasha Mermaid
10-31-2014, 10:30 PM
What an odd message lol

Max-Mermaid
11-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Please delete this old comment.

Mermaid Momo
11-01-2014, 02:42 PM
^ you email them. Most of them have contact forms or emails to contact them at on the websites.