PDA

View Full Version : Mernetwork calendar 2014!

Ariel-Starfish
09-25-2013, 03:04 PM
So... I've been serching for a nice calender for the new year. (Something with mermaids ofcourse!) and I could not find anything I wanted so my options are:

Option 1: Asking my fave mermaids for taking some of their pictures for making a calendar. (Personal use)

OR

What about MN having their own calendar, (digital download, or paper format in the Mernetwork Press Cafe shop)with mermaids/merman in it chosen by a competition?

Please tell me what u think! :) I've been wondering for this idea quite a while ^^.

Merman Arion
09-25-2013, 05:31 PM
I think that it's a GREAT IDEA !!! :yay:

I'm gonna have to find a good photographer and make awesome pictures with my tail! :cool:

OMG! I'm so excited! *squeal* :rotfl:

Anahita
09-25-2013, 05:32 PM
That's an awesome idea! Also, didn't we need a security upgrade recently that was like, $300? I bet if we got together to make a Mernetwork Calendar we could also sell it to pay for the upgrade or something of the like.

Elle
09-25-2013, 06:11 PM
you'd have to arrange a voting system....like a facebook page, and photos with the most likes get in the calendar...

Elle
09-25-2013, 06:24 PM
and then doing you collaging so that your images look nice
and then look like this14835
or this14836

or this14837

as examples

Fifi Tigg
09-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Love it! I'm in! :D

MerMarla
09-25-2013, 07:13 PM
I LOVE the idea, count me in! Credit to Professional photographers will have to be cited, but it should be no problem overlaying that using Photoshop. Would be fun if date, location, and identify who is in pix (especially if multiple Mers in same photo). Makes the photo more interesting! Sure is going to be hard to pick pictures, every Mer I've seen here is beautiful or handsome, and very photogenic.

Some calendars start in Sept. My 2014 Weeki Calender has Sept - Dec 2013. Maybe if we do a 2015, we could consider having those extra months, and would give 4 more Mers opportunity to have their photo in the calendar.

CafePress isn't the cheapest. And the last couple I got from there also didn't have the moon phases, which I personally prefer. I came across another calendar site that had 20 or more drawings, photos, painted works, and you could download what ever image you wanted for what ever month. I'll see if I can find it again. Might be useful, too!

Lots to think about, but is really an awesome idea!

(((Hugz))) and Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C'z
Mermaid Marla

Ondine
09-26-2013, 02:56 PM
A mermaid calendar would be awesome! Perfect to hang on the study wall for days when mermaid admin seems uninspiring :)

Ariel-Starfish
09-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Omg! Thanks everyone for so much support! :D Oh and becouse I got the idea: I want to be mermaid April! XD haha!

AniaR
09-26-2013, 04:24 PM
... just so you dont think I'm stealing, us Halifax Mermaids have been planning a calendar for months now ;)

*Celine*
09-26-2013, 04:49 PM
I love this idea, count me in!!!!!

Ariadne
09-26-2013, 05:31 PM
How fun! Time to get some photos made...

Elle
09-26-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm happy to help with the photoshop work if you want it. I think having an extended calendar is a great idea, if you get a lot of interest....it'll be hard if you get too many mers and not enough months.

PearlieMae
09-26-2013, 07:13 PM
If you get enough Mers. it could be a WEEKLY calendar! And if you are close enough to the NJ/NY area, I could do photoshoots, too!

telzey.amberdon
09-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Halifax Mermaids? Well, Dec. and Jan. would be ice cubes. Can't wait to see the rest, put me on the mailing list.

Kumori Kitsune
09-26-2013, 09:35 PM
It be amazing to be in it hope you get to make i wall mart has calendars you can make with your photos

mermaidsoph
09-26-2013, 09:41 PM
i would totally do that

MerMarla
09-26-2013, 10:21 PM
If you get enough Mers. it could be a WEEKLY calendar! And if you are close enough to the NJ/NY area, I could do photoshoots, too!

I think weekly is a great idea, too! OR do 2 side-by-side or 4 in a grid... possibilities are endless. This year I opted for the autographed by Andrew Brusso and the Weeki Mers, only an extra $5 as donation to the Springs. This is the third year Andrew has done the photoshoot for the calender, and with the manatees showing up at the last minute, its priceless.

I would love to see a world wide Mer Calender! I think if you have a good photograph, submit it! Professional is great, too. Even good editing out of a HD video makes a nice photo.

I'm really excited about this. Will try to help in any way I can!

(((Hugz))) and Bubble https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/e/B0C'z
Mermaid Marla

Elle
09-27-2013, 12:00 AM
If you want to do it so the proceeds go to mernetwork, we'll have to do it on CafePress....as the network store goes through them.....

Jessica
09-27-2013, 09:15 AM
This is a really neat idea. It would be great to have as many mers as possible on the calendar. I like pearlie's idea of a weekly calendar or a 15 month calendar with a collage of pictures...

Mermaid Syrena
09-27-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm in accord with the idea that we could have a weekly calendar. Pretty sure we have enough interested mers to do that!
This is a FANTASTIC idea btw.

Ariel-Starfish
09-27-2013, 01:54 PM
... just so you dont think I'm stealing, us Halifax Mermaids have been planning a calendar for months now ;)

No hard feelings! <3 I had this idea quite a wile, but never had the time to share it here :)

Ariel-Starfish
09-29-2013, 05:27 AM
So, i have the idea, but I don't know how to work it out. :( lol

Ariel-Starfish
09-29-2013, 05:29 AM
any idea how we should get started? :)

Mermaid Syrena
09-29-2013, 05:37 AM
any idea how we should get started? :)

1. Determine how many photographs we'd need for a weekly calendar.
2. Have a mer-committee to vet and decide on the photographs. Target audience = PG, or anything goes? I vote RELATIVELY family friendly and no nudity so we can have a larger target market, but that's just me.
3. Call for submissions to an email address (high res photos only)
4. Compile, add photoshop embellishments (months etc)
5. Collect small capital from all of the mers who wanted to be featured in the calendar- this capital sum will allow us to get the calendar printer.
6. Find a printing company and have them print XX copies with the small capital. (mers would also have to pay for shipping, if the capital doesn't cover it fully)

My boyfriend works in corporate gifts, so he has printing contacts. I'd be more than happy to take up the project with a few other mers, if you'd like!

PearlieMae
09-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Can I hire you as my project and production manager? ;)

I was going to suggest using blurb.com because you can print on demand. They are very high quality and you wouldn't have to worry about having stock on the floor.

Ariel-Starfish
09-29-2013, 12:49 PM
awsome!

Kumori Kitsune
09-30-2013, 10:33 PM
sounds fun Id love to help just no one lives near me

Elle
10-03-2013, 08:05 PM
you need something along these lines for your months or weeks or whatever

Ariel Starfish a.k.a Miss "April"

Elle
10-03-2013, 08:15 PM
another thing is photographer royalties.....
if the photos haven't been released from the photographer who took them, they may want a portion of the profits....
if you take the photos yourself it's not a big issue...but it's another thing to consider in the cost of making this thing

Ariel-Starfish
10-06-2013, 10:32 AM
you need something along these lines for your months or weeks or whatever

Ariel Starfish a.k.a Miss "April"

Wow this is stunning! Can i use this on my FB/ use it as a wallpaper? <3

And yeah I know we are going to ask the proffecional mermaids / photographers for theiranswer.

Elle
10-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Wow this is stunning! Can i use this on my FB/ use it as a wallpaper? <3

And yeah I know we are going to ask the proffecional mermaids / photographers for theiranswer.

go for it....they're your photos to begin with :) I just wanted to show what it would look like if we did this :)

PearlieMae
10-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Nice layout comp! I don't think that it's necessary to list ages, though.

Elle
10-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Nice layout comp! I don't think that it's necessary to list ages, though.

No, it was just an idea
you could put in hobbys, fav swimming spot, fav quote, really bad mer-dad joke....

It most definitely does not have to be included....it was just to show how a lay out could work...
(it could be removed all together if it's preferred)