PDA

View Full Version : Free Armwarmers, because even Mermaids need to be ready for Winter!

shimmygoddess
09-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Hi lovelies,

I am in love with my serger and have been making ALOT of armwarmers! Some, I put up for sale. However, I do have some extras and I decided to give one pair away for free in a contest. They are shades of blues (my favorite colors)!!! Here is the link if anyone is interested. Please visit the blog post for info on how to enter. Just have to like my Facebook Fan Page, contest post, and share my page, and comment on the blog to enter. :) *This is only open to US residents *

Contest ~ Free Armwarmers (http://shimmysirenofnc.weebly.com/blog.html)

Mermaid Tula
09-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Cuute! Entering now!

SeaSister
09-27-2013, 01:07 AM
Drats! Only US residents, eh? :/

Btw, did you get the pattern for these from Katwise? They look super similar to her arm warmers. I've always wanted a pair, but they're always so expensive. :(

Winged Mermaid
09-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Very cool! I love armwarmers! I was the armwarmer queen in high school and still wear them (though not every day like I use to). I have a whole drawer full of them haha :P None of them besides my rainbow ones are that colorful though haha. They're so lovely! I entered :)

shimmygoddess
09-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Yes, Seasister! I bought her tutorial for the Armwaters and Sweatercoat. (On my second sweatercoat). Love her stuff, she is an amazing artist and you have to be super fast when purchasing her stuff. LOL.

Sorry, I didn't feel like dealing with shipping/ duties, ect this time around ;)

SeaSister
09-27-2013, 05:16 PM
I WOULD by her patterns except that I'm utterly useless when it comes to anything sewing-related haha. Really want a pair of those armwarmers though... :(
If I actually bought a pair from you instead of entering for the giveaway, then would you ship to canada? How much would you charge? And could you do custom colours? XD
-really really wants to get in on the katwise action but I'm poor and a student- :P

Echinacea
09-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Not 100% positive, but you may not have to pay duties/taxes if it is a free gift to someone. Or do you have any friends/family in the US that Shimmy could ship to, SeaSister, and then they could forward them on to you?

Mermaid Tula
09-27-2013, 09:48 PM
These are so cute! i hope I can win a pair. I'm in Idaho and it's already getting really close to start S***ing (lol it's the dreaded white fluff of doom) (Snow has become a naughty word lol)