View Full Version : Aquatails resto-mod, Frankenbra

09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
So, as soon as I figure out how the heck to properly resize my photos, (SO FRUSTRATING!!!!) I will post some visual so you can see how the modification of my "smooth" aquatail is coming along. Until I can get that done, I will say that so far, the monofin has been cut, the fluke of the tail reshaped and the overall measurements taken in as it is too loose and too long in the water. Also, at the end of the fluke there are long, sheer trailing extensions, sorta like what you see on the end of the Weeki Wachi tail flukes. With the fabric I cut off the fluke, I am making a top, which I have come to call "frankenbra" simply because i have had to piece the fabric on scrap by scrap to get it to cover where it needs to- I'll be adding shells, sequins and netting to it, but I abandoned my original idea of an all-shell bra when I realized the weight of the finished product would be nearly five pounds. On the one hand, I wouldn't need a weigh belt, but then the idea of having to ditch my top in a crisis situation doesn't sit well with me. So, that's where I'm at! I will have the images up ASAP!
PS.... was hiding under a rock for a while, but it's GREAT to be back!

09-13-2011, 05:16 PM
I just got the tail back from the seamstress... WOW!!!!! I'm still trying to work out the re-sizing thing, but as soon as I do, I'm throwing the pics up. Looks amazing!