PDA

View Full Version : This Boy Caught A Merman: Mer Yaoi Anime

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
10-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey guys, I stumbled across a new (I think) anime called This Boy Caught A Merman, thanks to my weekly comic book store shipping alert app. I was able to watch the entire thing online, and though you've got to be in almost a Fruits Basket mood for it, the art is great, it's an emotional story, and it has a sweet happy ending. Also, how can one argue with mermen yaoi? Finally, there's a couple references to the Little Mermaid (besides the long red hair of the titular merman), like the fact that the merman doesn't have a name (until he is given one by the boy), and the merman pointing out that the Little Mermaid watched her prince for a long time before appearing before him (which the Japanese teen equates with stalking when done by one male to another). So over all, it is quirky, emotional, short, and artistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pXA_PxiqNc

AniaR
10-02-2013, 04:45 PM
not really my thing but it looks cute.

Phoenix Mermaid
10-02-2013, 05:40 PM
ooo! I want to check it out! I love mermaid animes. Right now I'm watching My Bride Is a Mermaid on netflix, and I just love it! I'll be sad once I finish it :(

Mermaid Octavia
10-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Muromi-san is about a mermaid too but I haven't seen it. Kala has though! She says it's a great comedy. n_n

Mary Marine
10-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Where did you watch it? Link please? :sad eyes:

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
10-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Mary Marine, I spotted it on watchcartoononline.com, but keep in mind that the site itself looks a bit shady and does have some annoying pop up ads when you click to watch the video. It most likely is considered piracy to watch it like this, but here's the link I found:
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/this-boy-caught-a-merman-english-dubbed

Mermaid Momo
10-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Have you heard of ' Selfish Mr. Merman'? It's also a yaoi (more of a shonen so though) I haven't been able to get my hands on it though in the few years I've known about it.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
10-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I have both books (or the first two, of however many they might've made) of Selfish Mr. Mermaid. It's ok, but they don't have fish tails, and (as you can tell from the title) "Mr. Mermaid" is pretty abusive despite being "in love" with the human in the story. It also has a happy ending, but it's even weirder than This Boy Caught A Merman and less serious during the serious parts.

Mermaid Mystery
11-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Hey ominto, you're very new to the forum so I suggest reading the rules. this thread is from 2013 and what you are doing is called necroposting and its against the rules. welcome to mernetwork!

Starfrit
11-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Ominto is a spambot.