PDA

View Full Version : Mermaids by Moonlight!

Ondine
10-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Merlesque had a photoshoot a couple of weeks ago, and we've just had the pictures back. The theme was mermaids by moonlight. I was so excited to post them on Facebook but I'm having massive issues with the Facebook compression pixelating them horribly, so I've had to hand over to our graphics wiz mermaid Melusine! But I wanted to share them with someone, so I thought I'd post a few here :D
Mermaid Melusine
Me!
Mermaid Lorelei
Mermaid Melusine
Me again
The other two!

Ilyena
10-06-2013, 08:24 AM
WOW, they look amazing, so many pretty mers ^_^. I really like how the light comes through the water.

Jessica
10-06-2013, 09:28 AM
These are beautiful! What is the blue tail made out of?

Marie-Josie Cayer
10-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Looks like a water ballet! Beautiful photos! :)

Echidna
10-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Beautiful! Where did you swim?
I'm scared to swim at night, unless it's a pool lol.

Also, as a cloth tail maker/owner, I'm glad to see the Magictails look so good and realistic, better than the latex one imo.

PearlieMae
10-06-2013, 11:43 AM
These are stunning! All the mermaids look wonderful, I like the diversity in the tail types.

Ariel-Starfish
10-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Ooh so pretty! <3

Ondine
10-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

These are beautiful! What is the blue tail made out of?
Thanks! The blue tail is a full silicone tail (it has a neoprene lining), and ditto the blue top is also silicone.

Caltuna - we swam in a pool! I think setting up a night time shoot anywhere other than a pool would be really tricky, not least because you need really clear water when the light is more limited. But more importantly as we're in the UK and the shoot was in September, it would be absolutely freezing!

I think the Magictails do well in underwater shoots actually, their colours really do come alive, especially the yellow/gold one.

Ondine
10-06-2013, 01:06 PM
We've also now managed to get some more of the pictures on Facebook if you would like to see the album! Clicky clicky (https://www.facebook.com/RealMermaidsUK).

Echidna
10-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Ah, silly me, never realized you were from Europe too!
(Somehow I seem to think all "bigger" Mermaid enterprises must be in the US...)

Great to see you found other mers to work with!
Cannot be easy in the UK, with the cold climate and the "no tails or fins" rules pools have.

Ondine
10-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Ah, silly me, never realized you were from Europe too!
(Somehow I seem to think all "bigger" Mermaid enterprises must be in the US...)

Great to see you found other mers to work with!
Cannot be easy in the UK, with the cold climate and the "no tails or fins" rules pools have.
Haha, we are indeed! The three of us all got into mermaiding together. We definitely had some qualms about the climate at first! But we do non-swimming gigs and events as well, which is helpful especially in winter! Though swimming gigs are probably the most fun :) To be honest even in August when Melusine and I did a kid's party in an outdoor swimming pool, it was pretty darn cold (although the kids were chillier than the mermaids, we had to convince them to get out and warm up!)

Echidna
10-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Kids don't seem to feel the cold, I envy them.

Where I live, it's chilly all year, so I'm confined to indoor pools.
Outdoor pools here are between 20°-25°C in summer, and the natives enjoy that, saying they'd sweat if it were any warmer.
How does one manage to SWEAT in cold water? :eek:

If it were possible to swim in water, however cold, I'd for sure live in Scotland (Loch Ness!! :) ),
or Canada, or the Great Lakes region.

Ondine
10-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Kids don't seem to feel the cold, I envy them.

Haha, these kids definitely felt it, they were shivering and still insisting that they weren't cold!

I know, there's so many gorgeous places to swim that are just too darn cold!

Blaze
10-07-2013, 12:08 PM
GORGEOUS photos!

Mermaid_Dominique
10-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh really nice! :O

Mizuko
10-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Beautiful photos!! The lighting adds mystery <3