PDA

View Full Version : filler for latex?

Imogen Finnly
10-17-2013, 07:40 PM
So for my first tail I decided to make a latex tail with a neoprene backing but I was concerned about the fluke filling up with water so I am g oing to add drainage holes but my question is, when I mount the monofin on the neoprene, do I or can I fill the empty spaces where its just material with filler? like more latex or like something? just to avoid that swollen look? (Cause I plan to get the material this week)

Mermaid Nerinae
10-21-2013, 07:25 AM
I was curious about this as well. I was wondering if it would cause a problem. Maybe if we (I'm also doing a neoprene tail) keep the drainage holes at the foot-to-fin transition and adhere the rest of the neoprene to the fin the rest of the way down. I was thinking maybe E6000 or Amazing Goop (what I'm using atm) to adhere the neoprene to the monofin and extension. I'm not 100% sure latex is necessary, but I'll be doing some test strips with neoprene to some of my extra PVC sheeting when my neoprene gets in and let you know! :>

Imogen Finnly
10-24-2013, 01:11 AM
oh thanks! that would be great! Im ordering the neoprene sometime this week so I'm getting everything in gear! I just don't want a balloon! haha

Mermaid Nerinae
10-24-2013, 03:35 AM
I just don't want a balloon! haha

Lol I don't think anyone wants a balloon tail, tbh. I'm just waiting as well, for goodies to come in. Just been super difficult to save for supplies and a baby at the same time XD

Imogen Finnly
01-21-2014, 03:48 PM
So I started a separate thread on my progress! I'm gonna finalize the sewing then start applying latex! But I posted some (one) pic so far haha

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk