PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Lecture with WavyMermaidy and Mermaid Gosalyn

MerEmma
10-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Hehe, I wasn't originally intending to see Gosalyn there but I was pretty excited to see another mer there even if I haven't spoken to her well, at all. So Gosalyn, if you see this, HI! :D

Traci works at the discovery center in my town and I went to see her mermaid lecture...I wanted to share a few of the photos I took while there. I learned SO MUCH and had an absolute blast, my mum got excited about it too and her MerNation tail is just fabulous. I could not stop touching it. It was so dang squishy! I kind of felt like all this time silicone scales would feel really weird and not-real but man, once on a full tail? It just felt SO real and nice and ahhhhh I couldn't stop smiling. It's so awesome that she lives here and I hope we can swim soon once our lives maybe become a little bit less busy. :) Also, I believe Ariel Starfish wanted to see a picture of me wearing the bracers?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3SHsEiNw60o/UmCJ3IeF4fI/AAAAAAAAKbc/QbHA8-DTqoU/w445-h593-no/DSCN3175.JPG
(kinda sucks that my arms are covering up the mermaid on my shirt! https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8hWUsbSMmro/UeIA35V6w2I/AAAAAAAAKbo/Ldwhaki6va8/w445-h593-no/DSCN2799.JPG )

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BZnzD-vghKc/UmCJ1nCOxUI/AAAAAAAAKbE/Du3Jr5hCV54/w445-h593-no/DSCN3170.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-f0NJuoxlBoY/UmCJ2v4p8-I/AAAAAAAAKas/3JLQ1z1aq_k/w640-h480-no/DSCN3173.JPG

It was just...SO SQUISHY. I couldn't get over how squishy the tail was. So well made. I wanted to take more pictures but I felt a bit weird about it, haha, next time, more photos! :D

AniaR
10-17-2013, 09:30 PM
very cool I do a lecture on mermaids too :D

MerEmma
10-17-2013, 09:35 PM
I've watched some of your videos you've done about them! So awesome, I enjoyed Traci's so much I'm sure yours are awesome too. :D

AniaR
10-17-2013, 09:50 PM
her tail looks wicked

Odette
10-17-2013, 09:55 PM
oooh! That looks awesome!!! I love that soooo much! Is it just about mermaids?

That's kinda like what I do for my "Mermaid 101" panel but its specifically targeted at conventions in the United states. I added fish anatomy to my presentation. People have commented that they enjoyed it. Science is amazing! If she works at the discovery center, i'm sure there is some science in there too. LOVE it!

MerEmma
10-17-2013, 10:00 PM
It was my first time going to the marine discovery center here which is surprising since I've lived here all my life and everyone I know goes there for camps! It was a mermaid and myth and folklore sort of lecture, but she also went into how to get into mermaiding too. There were some students from the high school taking notes on lecture formatting, admittedly I peeked a bit at their notes to see what they were writing down. :P

Blondie
10-17-2013, 11:43 PM
AAHHHH!! That is SO cool!! I adore things like this. I love the "it's a small world after all" feeling xD I'm so glad you got to meet some mers Emma, even better, Mers that you actually know from the network! Congratulations! I'm glad it was fun!

Mernation
10-18-2013, 12:01 AM
MerEmma thanks so much for sharing your experience and pictures! Glad to hear you had so much fun :)

Wavy - you look GREAT as always!!! Congrats on your new venture! Best of luck :)

WavyMermaidy
10-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Oh my gosh thanks for posting the pics, Emma...they turned out great! I so enjoyed finally meeting you in person...you are just as cute and friendly as you are online - even more so. It was great to meet your mom too :) it's a shame we haven't gotten to hang out yet since we live so close.

I am really happy with how the lecture turned out (and having you and Gosalyn there was the icing on the fish cake). For all those of you who weren't there, yeah it was a blend of mythology, science, and modern mermaiding. It was called "Mermaids, Myths, and Manatees". I originally did it as a module for the summer camp that we offer. Lots of fun video clips and stuff. A lot of folks from the community and many of the Marine Discovery Center's volunteers came which was awesome. I'm eternally thankful that I work at a place (and in a town) that embraces the mermaid lifestyle with such enthusiasm!

MerEmma
10-19-2013, 06:25 PM
You're out of town now, right? I totally wanna swim with you sometime really soon and see your tail in the water! It's just so pretty and nice and ahhhhhhh. I had such an amazing time.

WavyMermaidy
10-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Haha yep I am out of town for the weekend but we'll definitely get together for a swim soon!

MerEmma
10-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Can't wait. :D The place with my raptor skin fabric also carries the spandex I want so I may just save on shipping and order it all together so I may get a tail sooner than I thought. :D

Mermaid Gosalyn
10-29-2013, 07:29 PM
Oh my gosh, I hardly ever get on the Network anymore so I'm really glad I saw this! Hiiii! I had a wonderful time at the lecture too and it's always such a joyous suprise to find out about local mermaids! I know I live a little more inland than you guys but I frequent your area and I think it'd be awesome if we could all swim together sometime. :D