PDA

View Full Version : Elite Mermaid Tails & Mermaid Kiara

Mermaid Crimson
10-25-2013, 03:58 AM
Hello there,

So I'm doing a little bit of research on some tails (I'm in the market for my first one, and this site has been an awesome source) and there is one site right now that I'm curious if anyone has purchase from.

http://www.elitemermaids.com/

It appears that the website and facebook page is affiliated with Mermaid Kiara, but it appears that I haven't been able to find reviews for either. So I wondering if anyone here has ordered them from them before?

The tails look really neat, I'm not sure if 500 is high for a fabric tail, but these tails seem pretty high end in detail judging from some of the videos the site and Mermaid Kiara have posted.

At first I thought maybe to save up for a mertailor half silicone/neoprene tail, but a lot of people have recommend for first tails and practice tails to get a fabric one.

So please, I would definitely love some thoughts.

Thank you guys so much!

AniaR
10-25-2013, 09:30 AM
I've seen her around and based on the tone of some of her posts I don't have the best impression of her and I haven't seen any feedback to warrant the tone. I haven't heard of a single person who has bought from her yet and I was also searching.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ShyMer
10-25-2013, 10:29 AM
I guess my concern would be how the tail will wear over time. This seems expensive to me for what looks to be a spandex tail painted with jacquard lumiere paints and a finis wave/rapid. I also wonder if she puts as much attention to detail into her clients' tails as her own.
I would also be interested to see who has ordered a tail from her.

Many people reccommend the mermaid magictails as a first tail because it has a great pattern and the fluke shape looks nice. Have you considered them?

MerEmma
10-25-2013, 10:32 AM
They're very pretty but imo a bit overpriced, keep in mind spandex = swimsuit fabric so it'll last more or less around the same timespan as a swimsuit. Depends on the quality of the spandex but it won't last all that long, so $550 is a lot for a spandex tail. For that much you could get neoprene.

Mermaid Crimson
10-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I guess my concern would be how the tail will wear over time. This seems expensive to me for what looks to be a spandex tail painted with jacquard lumiere paints and a finis wave/rapid. I also wonder if she puts as much attention to detail into her clients' tails as her own.
I would also be interested to see who has ordered a tail from her.

Many people reccommend the mermaid magictails as a first tail because it has a great pattern and the fluke shape looks nice. Have you considered them?

They were the next place I was going to look into, I just wish they had a few more colors. If I go with a fabric, like a neoprene tail, I'm dying to get a red with with a nice fluke shape to it.

But I agree, I thought they were a bit pricey for something that wasn't at least neoprene or more. Glad I wasn't the only one that thought it was pretty steep.

MerEmma
10-25-2013, 11:07 AM
A lot of fabric tail makers will do custom orders if you contact them directly if you don't see anything available straight up that you want.

Mermaid Crimson
10-25-2013, 11:19 AM
A lot of fabric tail makers will do custom orders if you contact them directly if you don't see anything available straight up that you want.

Great! Guess its time to do more snooping!!

Thanks guys! You're all amazing and super helpful! Lol so nice to be among people that won't look at me sideways when I say I wanna be a mermaid XDDD

MerEmma
10-25-2013, 11:24 AM
It is pretty great. :D AquaTails I know is one that does custom stuff, Miami Beach does too I believe.

SIF
10-25-2013, 12:05 PM
It looks like they designed their own textile... Given that, it may or may not actually be a fair price.

Mermaid Kelda
10-25-2013, 07:06 PM
If you're at all crafty, you can paint a Magictail or other fabric tail yourself, to get the same sort of depth and colour it seems the Elite Tails have :)

mermaidm
10-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Mernation does custom spandex tails that look pretty cool, they're priced at around $250 I think? Good luck with finding a tail!! :)

OceanRose
10-28-2013, 06:40 PM
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?3778-Mermaid-Kiara-is-selling-tails

Someone here did purchase a tail from Kiara :-)
But there has been no update yet.

Merley
11-04-2013, 12:22 AM
I've never seen a fabric tail I actually liked until I saw these. The price is pretty steep considering the material, but they look undeniably lovely. Those are some awesome choices for coloring and fluke shape that you don't normally see on fabric tails.

JamesGunnels
11-04-2013, 01:01 AM
I don't normally like fabric mermaid tails either, but the pink and gold tail...my two least favorite colours, is a fantastic tail. I really do love it.