PDA

View Full Version : More Mer-folk coming up for air in UK waters..

Meurgen
10-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Meurgen, and I live in London (the Thames of course) in the UK :p

Myself and a couple of others are going to be mermaiding soon hopefully, we currently don't have any tails, but we are packed full of ideas at least! I have to say though, it is a real shame that the UK doesn't have all the amazing facilities that the USA does for mermaiding. From what I can tell there are tons of lovely looking lakes, rivers, springs, aquariums and coasts to swim around in over there - it makes me so jealous! Haha.

Who else is around here? <3

Echidna
10-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Welcome!

There are quite a few Uk-mers here, as you've probably seen.
Merlesque is a fin-tastic mergroup.
Maybe you can meet them?

Also, there are lots of beautiful spots to swim in the UK, I just read an article about "wild swimming", seen wonderful pictures there.
You'll have to wait for summer, but that's everywhere the case except in the tropics :p

Scottish Mer
10-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Welcome! Nice to see more mers from the UK on here! :)
We do have some nice waters here it's just mainly stone cold though!

ShyMer
10-28-2013, 09:03 PM
That is so cool that you have friends who are also interested in tail swimming! Welcome to the forum!

Meurgen
10-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Welcome!

There are quite a few Uk-mers here, as you've probably seen.
Merlesque is a fin-tastic mergroup.
Maybe you can meet them?

Also, there are lots of beautiful spots to swim in the UK, I just read an article about "wild swimming", seen wonderful pictures there.
You'll have to wait for summer, but that's everywhere the case except in the tropics :p

Aw, I'd love to meet Merlesque, but we are quite a while away from one another sadly :(
I don't know of any really nice waters to dip in here, everything I've ever seen has been so murky and nasty looking, I'll have to do more research I guess haha. Maybe if there's enough people we could organize a convention or meet up or something :P

Azurin Luna
10-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Welcome! I live at the other side of the sea and love to visit London, been there quite a few times already. To bad I'm not a strong swimmer otherwise I could cross the sea ;)

Ondine
10-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Hi Meurgan! Nice to see some more UK mers around :) We're not that far away really; in fact one of our mers is based in London temporarily, and a good chunk of our gigs are London-based :) There's definitely some gorgeous places to swim in the UK but I would highly recommend waiting until summer for wild swimming... it can be pretty chilly even then! What first got you interested in mermaiding?

Meurgen
10-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi Meurgan! Nice to see some more UK mers around :) We're not that far away really; in fact one of our mers is based in London temporarily, and a good chunk of our gigs are London-based :) There's definitely some gorgeous places to swim in the UK but I would highly recommend waiting until summer for wild swimming... it can be pretty chilly even then! What first got you interested in mermaiding?

Aw okay! Well once I get started mermaiding it'd be awesome to meet up and chat hehe. You'll have to gimme a list of places to check out then haha, maybe eventually we could all go together or something. Might be fun? :)
I got interested through just watching vids of Mermaid Melissa on youtube - I've always loved mermaids though, unsure why I'm so drawn to them, but I love swimming anyway and I guess I just want to try it out! My boyfriend is up for doing it too, and a couple of others I know also. I'm in the process of gathering perfect fabrics for a tail currently, I'd like to make a silicone one, but I simply don't have the money yet :'(

Ondine
10-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Aw okay! Well once I get started mermaiding it'd be awesome to meet up and chat hehe. You'll have to gimme a list of places to check out then haha, maybe eventually we could all go together or something. Might be fun? :)
I got interested through just watching vids of Mermaid Melissa on youtube - I've always loved mermaids though, unsure why I'm so drawn to them, but I love swimming anyway and I guess I just want to try it out! My boyfriend is up for doing it too, and a couple of others I know also. I'm in the process of gathering perfect fabrics for a tail currently, I'd like to make a silicone one, but I simply don't have the money yet :'(
Sounds fun! :) It's definitely nice swimming with a group.

sparkles
01-01-2014, 08:35 PM
I live in nottingham. I'm hoping to have a tail by the summer. I'm in discussion with a couple of different tail makers but I think I'm going to go for finfolk productions, I'm currently slimming down so not going to order until start of feb as I don't want my tail to be too gappy on me,I'm holidaying in Florida then Bahamas in may so they have offered to ship it to my disney hotel in Florida to save on expensive shipping to uk which I thought was great. So excited would love to meet up for swims with others in the summer x does anyone have any experiences with pools allowing tails?

Samantha Siren
01-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Why have I only just seen this page? Hi UK Mers. I am living in London. I don't know if anyone would be interested but I have contacted the LOndon school of diving and they said I am allowed to use their pool if any one would like to have a London trip. Let's arrange something.

Meurgen
01-02-2014, 12:10 PM
I live in nottingham. I'm hoping to have a tail by the summer. I'm in discussion with a couple of different tail makers but I think I'm going to go for finfolk productions, I'm currently slimming down so not going to order until start of feb as I don't want my tail to be too gappy on me,I'm holidaying in Florida then Bahamas in may so they have offered to ship it to my disney hotel in Florida to save on expensive shipping to uk which I thought was great. So excited would love to meet up for swims with others in the summer x does anyone have any experiences with pools allowing tails?

Hurrah! Yeah that's a great idea for posting it - I'm hoping that if I buy a tail (which I doubt I would be able to afford), I could get my dad to bring it back with him when he comes back from Denver :)

Meurgen
01-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Why have I only just seen this page? Hi UK Mers. I am living in London. I don't know if anyone would be interested but I have contacted the LOndon school of diving and they said I am allowed to use their pool if any one would like to have a London trip. Let's arrange something.

Oh wow, sweet! Once my friends and I have tails we will totally be up for this - Whereabouts in London are you? Just out of curiosity.

sparkles
01-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Hurrah! Yeah that's a great idea for posting it - I'm hoping that if I buy a tail (which I doubt I would be able to afford), I could get my dad to bring it back with him when he comes back from Denver :)

Yeh that's would be better as you will also cut out all those expensive import duties. X

Mermaid Mhara
01-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Hey guys!I live in Wales up on the Isle of Anglesey :) dunno if anyone else lives nearby?

I'd be willing for a meet anywhere really so long as it's to meet fellow mers and to have a chance to swim somewhere! Perhaps we could arrange something? Hiring an indoor pool somewhere perhaps?

Anyways I also have a little thingie I wanted to get out there: I live near a beach and for those not so fortunate who live in cities, or far from the sea I'd be happy to collect any shells, stones, sea glass, driftwood etc from nearby beaches and send them out to you guys by mail (I'd only ask for post costs - other than that I get a walk to the beach out of it so I wouldn't ask for money!)

Lovely to meet you all :)

Meet A Mermaid
02-05-2014, 05:21 AM
Hi Guys, I'm from Manchester. Definitely interested in a UK meet up x

Mermaid Fenicia
02-05-2014, 07:08 AM
At the end of October I'll be in London (MCM) for a long weekend ;)

Sammyantha171
03-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Yes, I'd love to meet up with you all somewhere in the UK soon! :)
Hopefully I'll have a job in the next few weeks so I'll have money for travelling and things.

Vixy
03-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Hello! :)

I live in Cornwall, but I do travel quite a bit. I need to get a tail though!