PDA

View Full Version : Yassou!

Mermaid Lorelei
09-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Yes, that is Greek for hello. I took two lovely (and very entertaining) years of Greek. Yay!

Anywho, I'm Mermaid Lorelei and it's a pleasure to have found all of you lovely mers! Now before I go any farther, I do realize that there is another mer here by the name of Lorelei and I wish to apologize to you. Lorelei has been my in-character name for years now. I'm not trying to take your name or tread on any fins, but I thought I should at least let you know that I recognize your name. :3 (It's a pretty good name, if I do say so myself.)

So, about me... I'm landlocked and about as far away from every U.S. coast as I can manage without going farther north. Yay for Oklahoma, a state with no natural lakes, and yet, more coastline than all of California! I'm a college student in my sophomore year, currently studying Biology. Later it will turn into a Marine Biology major, but I have to find a different college for that. I'm an avid DIYer and I have tried so many different artistic outlets that I'm not sure I can count them all.

I have a gorgeous male Betta named Kovu. He says hello. :p

Unfortunately this little fishy hasn't a tail yet, but my boyfriend is incredibly enthusiastic about helping me pursue my mermaid dreams and went so far as to buy me a monofin for our two-year anniversary. I've already had little girls (and not so little girls) ask me if I'm training to me a mermaid. XD

I'm in the process of starting up an etsy store (still working on the name for it) and I'm about to start production on a couple of lovely mermaid pieces and other assorted items. I also have a facebook page, if you are interested in finding me. http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei

Uhms, if there is anything you want to ask me, please go ahead and ask! I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Athio! (hehe, more Greek.)
-Mermaid Lorelei

Mermaid Hamant
09-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Hello there! I love your Betta's name! ^^ Makes me think of Kovu from Lion King II

Mermaid Lorelei
09-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Haha, that's actually where I got the name from!

Nerissa
09-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey there, Lorelei! Oh, I want to learn Greek! I really like that country. Especially after being introduced to Diamanda Galas' artwork and after I saw Mamma Mia the movie.
Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain! I haven't been there, but I have Mermaids on DVD. ^^ Love that movie.

Mermaid Lorelei
09-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Hello Nerissa!
I will admit, Greek is a rather difficult language, especially if you're studying ancient Greek. It made my head explode a couple of times. XD
Haha, indeed the wind does come a sweepin'! However, the rains sweeping in more right now. Yay for a rainy day!

Mermaid Lorelei
09-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Managed to get my FB page into my signature finally. :3

Lorelei
09-16-2011, 04:39 PM
It's no problem, I've had the name for years also since I was little.
Welcome!

P.S. Okay a bit freaky, my nickname for my boyfriend is Kovu O.o we both have each other in our phones as 'Kovu' and 'Kiara'.

Mermaid Lorelei
09-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Wow, that is freaky. :p If you're curious, my nickname for my boyfriend is Lion...

green52
09-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow. Those are some wild coincidences.

Welcome, Lorelei!

Mermaid Lorelei
09-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Haha, yeah. And thank you!

Winged Mermaid
09-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Welcome Lorelei! No worries about duplicate names- we have a few on here. Just don't get too mad at me if I mix you up on accident :p Liked you on FB! Love your makeup in your profile pic, btw :)

MermaidSaku
09-18-2011, 06:21 PM
: D welcome to the forum!!! Sorry i haven't had the chance to get on much but, i will try to keep up! ^^