PDA

View Full Version : Funny Questions Clients ask....

Mermaid Citrine
10-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Today someone called me to inquire about booking me for a birthday party. After giving her a break down of my rates and activities I can do, she simply replied............ " Is it appropriate ? " I continued listening and waited for a moment expecting that to be the sentence starter, you know " Is it appropriate for a, b, c, etc. ? " but no that was her question in its entirety... " Is it appropriate ? ", LOL !! ??
I replied, "You mean, is it appropriate to hire a mermaid for your party ? " She then got embarassed and said "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked that "
I was still confused on what she meant exactly, so I asked again, very politely and gently what she meant exactly but yes, that's what she meant "Was it appropriate in general to have a mermaid at a party " I then politely explained that yes, I have experience with kids of all ages and they love swimming with me and the games I play, etc. and then asked had she seen my pictures online (she replied yes) I later emailed her to follow up and explained that if she wanted I could wear a flesh colored leotard with my tail and top so that no mid-drift skin would be showing !
I'm still not sure what she was thinking....several thoughts came to mind....did she think I show up topless ? does she think mermaids are some sort of stripper ? Anyway, it was funny !

What other funny questions or comments have clients said to you ?

:)

ShyMer
10-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Yes please, wear a garment the same color as your skin to pretend you're not wearing anything to cover your skin so we won't have the embarrassment of being faced with nude belly button. That's not appropriate, you know. But it can be flesh colored, because that's not inappropriate to be able to keep up the illusion that you're not wearing a leotard.

Oooh, maybe she thinks mermaids don't have belly buttons. Makes more sense now.

Anahita
10-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Ahahaha! I get funny weird stuff like that all the time. I always wonder what goes through people's heads... Especially after they see the photos and videos and stuff.

AniaR
10-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Ahaha. I've never had those! The only questions I ever get are if I can walk.... LOL. I think I do a detailed job on my website and with my autoreply to be sure people know what I do and why before they contact me. Sorta vets people before hand. Once in a while odd ones slip through though.

Mermaid Citrine
11-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Ha ha ! Good one !