PDA

View Full Version : Funny problems (and real) faced by pro mers.

AniaR
10-30-2013, 08:21 PM
I made a blog post on this topic... thought you might all get a chuckle: http://rainastail.blogspot.ca/

PearlieMae
10-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Hahaha! Just finished reading it, too funny!

Echidna
10-30-2013, 08:36 PM
:lol:
Can relate to many of those!

Funniest imo, going for a swim without tail and forgetting how to do it :rotfl:

Annoying ones; chlorine, transporting larger flukes (competitor sized, ack!),
and people who walk up to you during performance asking where you bought your tail.
And winter, of course :(

Seatan
10-30-2013, 09:16 PM
LOL!!! I love the last one! "Babe, this isn't going to work." Hahaha

New York Mermaid
10-31-2013, 01:18 AM
I laughed too hard apparently. That was so cute. my issue is that one kid lol

MermaidCelesteFL
11-01-2013, 10:07 PM
One that gets me is my dry gigs when my fat rolls come out of nowhere and spill over the top of my tail. I know I need to work out, but come on!

Thalassa
11-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Had all of these, and of course the obligitoray guy following you to make "fish out of water, " "cold fish," "b or c shells" "jokes.

Yeah, the kid that things its his job to debunk you to the world sort of makes me annoyed.

And I agree with cal tuna. Those adults that want you to break the illusion for them in front of kids. I usually do a whole wide eyed "I was born with mine!" Then add, "But I hear that __________(company) makes pretty good tails." Or I just refer them to mernetwork. :-S

Patches
11-06-2013, 05:16 PM
"The one kid who insists you aren't real and insists on following you around proclaiming this loudly."
There's always that one smart ass kid. Can't stand that.
"The adults who walk right in front of kids when you're in character to ask what your tail is made of and where you bought it."
Yep. Happens all the time.
"Chasing down clients who are being difficult about paying (to be fair, this happens to most performers)"
Pisses me off.

TheChimera
11-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Read a couple of your blogposts, they are really informative , keep up the great work. Theres plenty of us out here that could use a guiding hand