PDA

View Full Version : New top!

Lotus
11-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Hey hey! making a new top! I've decided to go more shell based rather than fabric and sequins like these ones:

So here's a pic of my earlier progress...

I actually got it mostly done, but wound up not liking the way the greens turned out... I turned it in to a bra decorating contest for breast cancer awareness, so as soon as I get it back I'll post pics and start modifying the plants and adding more shells and sequins. I'm also making another tops while this one is on display that was a really nice Victorias Secret bra at one time, but the shoulder straps lost all elasticity so I hacked it up and am making a top that has net ties all around and the white shells you see above. (I wound up using blue shells on ^^^^^ that one) I'll post pics later! :)

drucilla
11-05-2013, 11:30 PM
That's cool, are they water proof? Just wondering, because I've never seen a waterproof bra before, or are they just for modeling/displaying?

Winged Mermaid
11-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Lovely tops Lotus!

drucilla- No bras are really made to be waterproof, but most if you pick ones with the right material they have no issues in the water. Most mers (and tailmakers) now a days use bra bases for their tops :)

drucilla
11-06-2013, 12:37 PM
lol i knew the nonwater proof bras, no idea they were used for a base. I thought they used the sticky stuff on the back of the silicone to just stick it on:doh:

Lotus
11-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks Iona! yeah, Dru, some people do use the sticky guys, but rom what I understand you have to use spirit gum with them after a use or two. The top I just started has net for the back ties and the neck ties, I chopped off all the other fabric. I'll post pics later!

drucilla
11-07-2013, 11:49 AM
They are Pretty you do a good job :)

Lotus
11-07-2013, 11:57 AM
thanks! :)

Kumori Kitsune
11-09-2013, 12:09 AM
So cool looks great