PDA

View Full Version : Torn between tailmakers... Help?

Mermaid Cecelia
11-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Okay, so I'm gonna start by...idk... I want a nice silicone tail (like many mers do), and I am working SUPER hard to make some $$$ to afford one. My initial go-to tailmaker, and dream tailmaker, is Raven of Merbellas, and I would be purchasing a basic tail ($1500). I have currently saved $900 but am continuing to work to get some more $$$. But now I see that Sirenalia is having a contest for a tail that is $900, and full silicone w/ extra fins, and I feel like if I don't even apply for the contest then I will have missed out and will end up regretting not trying. Another thing to add, this tail isn't just MINE, my friend is going to use it too (we have the same measurements) even though it will be mostly mine because I'm paying for and designing it. tried telling my friend to apply for the contest so she could get her own tail... But she said no, so I have this dilemma... So, to finally get to my question, sorry about the rant, should I apply for the contest and try my luck? Should I just wait and get a merbellas? Do both? What should I do if I win the contest? Should I get my friend to do it?

Seatan
11-05-2013, 10:06 PM
I would go with whatever you really want. It's a lot of money, so don't trade off what you really want for the sake of a few hundred dollars. Like most people on here say their dream is a Raven tail, but as absolutely gorgeous as they are, I have always liked FinFolk's creative style. If Raven had openings I might save some getting the $1500 tail (a version FinFolk doesn't offer) but it wouldn't be my dream tail, because I just ADORE FinFolks style. If I am willing to spend $1500 then I might as well save up another thousand for what I super super really want rather than always have kind of a..."man I love it to death, but it isn't quite my dream" feeling. When it comes to purchases as big and personal ad this, I say go with your gut!

as for your friend, it's nice that you are sharing but she's not the one paying, so go with what YOU want.

AniaR
11-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Merbellas is my fav, but she isn't taking any new orders right now and may not for quite some time. It's not a bad thing to go with a new tail maker though, consider that Iw as Raven's first customer and that paid off for me. So you may want to give Sirenalia a chance!

Mermaid Cecelia
11-05-2013, 10:14 PM
@Seavanna, I totally get what you're saying, it's just that I like both tails :P I really like the Sirenalia fluke, but I also like merbellas... I know raven will give an AMAZING product, and Sirenalias will prob be amazing too. My only thing is that I want to start a little business and I want to have a tail that will be along for the majority of the ride, and I would be ecstatic with either. I also love FinFolk, and if my parents would let me spend over $2000 on a tail then I would go with one of theirs, because their flukes look so natural. My gut is pulling me everywhere!!! :P

Mermaid Cecelia
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM
And AniaR, that's is also another reason for me wanting to go towards Sirenalia, because raven is so booked and in demand...

Jessica
11-05-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm all for giving sirenalia a chance! Personally, I love ravens work, but I think its important to give new tail makers a chance too.....and considering the wait times...a merbellas tail could easily be a year away for you if you still have to save money.

one thing to consider....a merbella tail will be neoprene lined at $1500 and a sirenalia tail will be full silicone at $900.

I would like to add.....Firemaid has been so helpful to me during my silicone tail making process! She is always very willing to share information and answer questions. I know her next tail will be even better than the last, and the last one was just stunning.

Mermaid Cecelia
11-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Jessica, all of these things I have been considering :P I'm thinking Sirenalia might just be the best choice :) I would certainly be a memorable and unique tail, now all I have to do is convince a 5 year-old to choose my tail design :P

thevirginiamermaid
11-06-2013, 12:00 AM
The least you could do it enter the contest! If you win then you will have to make a decision but if you don't then the dilemma is solved for you :) Good luck!

Mermaid Cecelia
11-06-2013, 12:11 AM
The least you could do it enter the contest! If you win then you will have to make a decision but if you don't then the dilemma is solved for you :) Good luck!
Yup yup, just entered the contest :D exciteddddd