PDA

View Full Version : My Next Monofin?

JaceAquarius
11-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Hello all,

So I currently have a Finis Rapid and I love it! However I understand that it is definitely an intro fin. So I have some questions:

- Should I just get a Competitor or something else for the same money?

- Will a better fin get me more speed than the Rapid? (The rapid seems fast to me)

- I am thinking of just getting a Partial silicone tail from Mer-Tailor because it has a detachable monofin, but is that monofin any good?

Basically I am looking for opinions, I looked at the huge list of possible Monofin's and thought I might get some other peoples thoughts since I'm sure all the websites are going to say theirs is the best.

Thanks guys!

MerEmma
11-07-2013, 02:28 PM
For the mertailor fin nobody here really has one yet, I'd say to look around on his specific forum section. I know there's a big discussion we had about it, so that might help you decide a bit more.

A competitor will definitely give you much more speed--so would one of the European fiberglass monofins like Leaderfins. I believe the competitor's hardness is right around medium we think. If you want speed I personally wouldn't recommend the Mertailor's monofins just because between the shape and that it's made of silicone, it's not going to give a whole lot of push. If you like the way it looks though then I suppose you could go for it, just be sure to read up a bunch on him which is so easy between the search bar and the forum subsections! :D

Echinacea
11-07-2013, 02:58 PM
The Mer-King, ChristoMer Starfish, has one of the new Mertailor tails/fins, maybe he can give you his opinion?

Merman Arion
11-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Mermaid Hyli also used a partial silicone tail for a mertailor photoshoot. You could ask her as well. :)

JaceAquarius
11-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Will do! Thanks!

Though after browsing around here maybe Mer-tailor isn't the way to go (but that's for another forum).

Any suggestions for one of the euro or other Monofins?