PDA

View Full Version : Hello from edmonton canada

Aquatica
09-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I am an avid costume person and am part of diffent clubs.

I am very happy to find this site after much searching on the web about mono fins.
I found the old site was going to introduce myself there and bam. I saw that you guys moved.
So I had to join the wonderful new site.
I was have been wanting to make a tail and think I am going to try my hand at making one.
Mermaids are sooo wonderful.

I teach yoga, and dance for a living. It keeps me in shape and lets me express my creative side.

I am a huge sci-fi fan and enjoy going to DragonCon every year.
Would love to sport a tail next year for a photo shoot if other goes there as well.

I have a wonderful son who is growing up way to fast.
I have a cat and two ferrets.

I hope to become a valued member of this community.

Happy swimming

Sean
aka Tigger

AniaR
09-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Welcome Sean! Always happy to have more Canadians here!

Aquatica
09-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Thank you, Nice to see Canadians here as well. :D

Maple
09-18-2011, 12:08 PM
There's quite a number of us - I'm a West Coaster :)

mermaid hannah
09-21-2011, 11:20 PM
oh gosh! what a thought! i jsut moved down to the west coast tow years ago from edmonton! if id of known of other mers we should have adone a meet up!

Mermaid Lorelei
09-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the community!

Aquatica
09-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Thank you Maple, Mermaid hanna and Mermaid Lorelie for a warm welcome and some time us west coasters should meet up and shed our feet for our tails. It would be wonderful to have a mer festable.
Are there any right now?
I tend to travel a little bit and a couple years ago I did not even think I would be doing tails. Yes tails... lol My son even wants to do one now, as well as my mom. We will have a whole pod here soon. Just ordered the latex, 5 gallons of it before the snow come...ack. the older I get the more I hate the snow.

oh gosh! what a thought! i jsut moved down to the west coast tow years ago from edmonton! if id of known of other mers we should have adone a meet up!
There's quite a number of us - I'm a West Coaster :)

kazekoh
09-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Welcome! :D Good luck on your tails~

Aquatica
09-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks kazekoh, I will be posting my plans soon as I finish drawing them up.

Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do?
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim

love that movie

Alexi
09-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey Sean,

Cool to see another Canuck on the site. It's neat that you're making your own tails. I'm trying to convince my husband he'd enjoy it, but he isn't much of a swimmer to begin with. Can't wait to see pics. :)

Alexi

Aquatica
09-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks Alexi

That would be need if you could rope him in as well, He does not have to really swim at all. He could just sit in the shallows and look hansom getting his photo taken with all the kids and mermaids.

Kind of lucky that way that my whole family is kind of into the same stuff I am.
I just hope I have not bitten off to much with this tail making. Does not look too hard as long as I get all my back work into it first.
Thanks Alexi

That would be need if you could rope him in as well, He does not have to really swim at all. He could just sit in the shallows and look hansom getting his photo taken with all the kids and mermaids.

Kind of lucky that way that my whole family is kind of into the same stuff I am.
I just hope I have not bitten off to much with this tail making. Does not look too hard as long as I get all my back work into it first.

Hey Sean,

Cool to see another Canuck on the site. It's neat that you're making your own tails. I'm trying to convince my husband he'd enjoy it, but he isn't much of a swimmer to begin with. Can't wait to see pics. :)

Alexi

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Wow, it's awesome that the three of you are interested in being mers. How goes the tail construction?

Mermaid Luna
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Welcome, Sean!

Mermaid Shelly
12-15-2011, 02:59 PM
I am so glad you are here! I love Alberta... Canmore is my favorite little town. Such beautiful lakes up there! Do they ever get warm enough to swim in?